Sign in to follow this  
lukerollins

Air Raid siren help

Hey everyone i have a small request i was hoping yall could help me with. ive been building and scripting in an airbase with patrols and all for an infiltration mission. what id like to do is set up and alarm where speakers around the base play the alarm in 3D sound apon activation of a trigger. Anyone know how id go about doing this?

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/playSound3D

You just need to find the sound file you want to use (as far as I know there should be an alarm sound inside Arma 3\Addons\sounds_f.pbo) and the correct position to play it from could take some figuring out. If you want to play a custom sound then there are instructions in the notes on that page for how to go about doing that.

If you need any help just ask, I've not experimented with scripted sound yet so I'll have to suss it out myself first though.

Maybe I'm completely missing the point here, but you could place a few loudspeakers found in Structures (Infrastructure) and name them (i.e.: speaker1, speaker2 etc.)

then in the triggers onAct field put:

{_x say "air_raid"} foreach [speaker1,speaker2,speaker3]

I've been thinking of a similar thing for my fob for some time now. I'd like to ask what might seem a daft question please. Would the alarm within effects do for this & how do you stop the alarm? I'm after either the alarm stops once opfor are no longer in the trigger or a player turns off the alarm himself. Many thanks