Sign in to follow this  
thdman1511

Help setting up server so players can select mission.

Since the 1.18 update and subsequent hotfixes, our server no longer shows a list of Missions to choose from when entering Multiplayer. It is currently set to HeadHunter, where before, it would show a list of mission for both Stratis and Altis. Can anyone advise me on how to get the server to show a list of mission that players can pick please as the owner of the server has forgotten how to do it, and I would like to get it back up and running that way.

Edit your server.cfg to:

voteMissionPlayers = 1;

voteThreshold = 0.33;

that should solve the problem

• Like 1

The mission list should show up automatically. It loads the missions listed in the MpMissions folder in the root folder defined by the -profile switch

So you have either cleaned out the MpMissions folder or redefined the -profile

My server config is set for votemissionplayers =1 alread, and still having the issue.

Terox how do I set the -profile. would that be in the server config command line.

The server config command line is as follows;

-profiles=C:\games\173_199_80_71_2322\984101\arma3\config -config=server.cfg -port=2322 -IP=173.199.80.71 -world=empty -gtqueryport=9014

-profile is a command line option

example

"-profiles=d:\Games\A3\A3ServerNo1"

Further reading, see this thread:

Tutorial ArmA3 dedicated server

specifically the first post: LOCATION OF FILES (When setting parameters)

Your line appears to be pointing to a folder called config inside your ArmA3 install

also encapsulate it in quotation marks (good practice as this cures any issues with spaces in the profile path)

-profiles=C:\games\173_199_80_71_2322\984101\arma3\config -config=server.cfg -port=2322 -IP=173.199.80.71 -world=empty -gtqueryport=9014

try

"-profiles=C:\games\173_199_80_71_2322\984101\arma3"

this will then use C:\games\173_199_80_71_2322\984101\arma3\MpMissions

and create a user folder

C:\games\173_199_80_71_2322\984101\arma3\Users\Administrator

inside that you will have 3 files,

• .vars completely ignore this file, nothing you can do with it
  • arma3.cfg your bandwidth setting config file
  • Administrator.arma3profile this is your difficulty settings file

Edited by Terox

Thanks Terox for that informations, I am just wondering whether or not I would need to change the server.cfg mission cycle as it states:

// MISSIONS CYCLE (see below)

class Missions {

class ARMA3 {

template = MP_COOP_m02.Stratis; // Mission to load (Mission file located in MPMissions. For now I have it set to a default ARMA3 mission.)

difficulty = "Regular"; // Server difficulty Settings (Recruit, Regular, Veteran, Mercenary)

};

};

As the server.cfg set up the Headhunter mission.

Also the reporting ip is set to arma3pc.master.gamespy.com, should that be referring to steam at all.

The game server automatically reports to steam. It reports on the same port as Gamespy. You dont need to do anything for this to work. If it works for gamespy, it's already working for steam. Only issue is the ingame steam browser is very slow and very well useless at the moment. To verify you are reporting, check the server list in the steam client server browser.

Ok nothing seems to be working, the server is listed on gamespy as Oceanic Multi Gamers Arma 3 server, which is the hostname in the server.cfg file. Steam server browser list it as " Another gameserver.com hosted server." I have try changing the profile, as suggested about by Terox but still cannot set the server up to do what we want to do it. gameservers.com cannot pinpoint what the issue is, and there are quite a few servers that are having the same problem as me. Our member who is paying for the server cannot understand why we cannot get into the server or change the mission it is running. But I do wish to thank everyone who has given me advice and tried to help me resolve this issue.