Sign in to follow this  
x39

[WIP] X39s Medical System 2 (XMS2)

Thanks for informing us of the updated release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

just FYI

there is a bug in latest release caused by an invalid variable name

to solve it, simply add this to your serverConfig:

X39_MS2_var_Feature_enableHeartSimulation = true;

no "hotfix" will be rolled out

Edited by X39

Hello, just a quick question: what is the best way to fully disable the temperature system? I know you spent a lot of time working on it but we currently have a couple of kinks to solve on our end before it can become practical.

also, I did a few tests and my character lost its temp (and died) in just a few seconds after being shot and knocked unconscious. Is this supposed to happen?

about the post above, since I run on client side for tests I added the line to the mission init. Hope that didnt screw it up.)

Thanks.

Edited by boozdeuvash

Hello, just a quick question: what is the best way to fully disable the temperature system? I know you spent a lot of time working on it but we currently have a couple of kinks to solve on our end before it can become practical.

also, I did a few tests and my character lost its temp (and died) in just a few seconds after being shot and knocked unconscious. Is this supposed to happen?

about the post above, since I run on client side for tests I added the line to the mission init. Hope that didnt screw it up.)

Thanks.

configuring XMS2 works by pasting variables into the server config file ("\userconfig\X39\XMS2_ServerConfig.hpp") and it is NOT recommended to rely on XMS2 as medic system currently as many things are still not tested enough and thus WILL cause errors (still, youre free to use it)

but back to configuring XMS2

open the file \userconfig\X39\XMS2_ServerConfig.hpp and add the variable name + value inside of the class Variables

class Variables
{
X39_MS2_var_Feature_enableHeartSimulation = true;
};

you can read "more" about it here: http://wiki.unitedtacticalforces.de/index.php/XMS2#ServerConfig

besides the temperature system, no that is not supposed to happen

could you raise a bug at http://github.com/X39/XMS2/issues with a way to reproduce it? it will be fixed then :F

to disable the temperature simulation, simply set the X39_MS2_var_Feature_EnableTemperature variable to false inside of your server config (same goes for all other stuff you want to have disabled, check the wiki for a list of available variables/functions/...)

Allright, you're right on top of things mate, that's great! I was looking into the variables on the wiki and didnt see there was a whole section of feature variables, so i got kinda focused on the X39_MS2_var_ Temperature_GlobalModificator var.

Anyway, i'll try to reproduce the quickfreeze bug and post it on the tracker asahp.

Thanks for the tips on config!

Allright, you're right on top of things mate, that's great! I was looking into the variables on the wiki and didnt see there was a whole section of feature variables, so i got kinda focused on the X39_MS2_var_ Temperature_GlobalModificator var.

Anyway, i'll try to reproduce the quickfreeze bug and post it on the tracker asahp.

Thanks for the tips on config!

yeah ... they are kinda missplaced and might get renamed in a future update

Interesting will have to try this out, thank's. :D

Good news everyone!

The QuickAction interface is now implemented into XMS2

Also, most of those fancy stuff that made XMS2 useful is not moved out of XMS2 (instead it is now an XMS2 extension, see more about it here; https://github.com/X39/XMS2/tree/master/userconfig/X39 )

this means that we nearly archived everything we need for the BETA 2.1 milestone

also thinking about moving pretty much everything out of XMS2 which implements usable features into xms2 extensions leaving XMS2 as PURE medical API ...

but need to think about that ^^

feel free to say what you think about it

(and yes, "pure medical api" means that it is also available as onlyScript version (but for all that it needs a lot of changes in XMS2 core files + extract everything that does not belongs to API functionallity out of XMS2 which is quite A LOT)

also, a little advertisement now:

Call_To_Arms_logo.jpg

XMS2 Needs YOU!

XMS2 still has a ton of little tasks everybody could help on

sadly ... pretty its more or less nobody helping there ...

so developement takes ages and i cant concentrate on all those "fancy" ideas which would make XMS2 the perfect mod for everybody (self marketing YAY <3)

So go and check GitHubs Issue List and try to help

so that we can archieve one of the most epic things ever

thx

X39

Edited by X39

Just wanted to note out: XMS2 is not closing or discontinued

((currently in quick suspended status because i need to waste my time at my OOS project, more details + documentation about this when its done :F))

greets

X39

quick side note:

XMS2 is not in a state where you should use it for community events or something like that

it was not yet tested in larger events nor i think its ready for any kind of event (thats also not the goal of the current released version)

please be aware of that

feel free to support XMS2 by helping the project

As ACE3 is now more or less official released, i see no way how i could get any users to use my modification (too large team on ACE3, no people rly interested in XMS2)

thus, the mod will be closed (as it looked like there was nobody interested anyway ...)

Edited by X39
  • Like 1