fred41

using large page memory mapping, for increased performance

Since Large Pages helped quite a few to get better performance I wonder if there are any technical reason why BIS can't release same/similar malloc themself?

/KC

Since Large Pages helped quite a few to get better performance I wonder if there are any technical reason why BIS can't release same/similar malloc themself?

/KC

The malloc works and large pages are used only the registry tweak doesn't work.

Thanks Jimmy! Maybe I run an old version and thats why my performance suffered (or something else happened in 1.38)? Have to check it up when I get back home... IIRC there was a logfile version to verify if LP was used...

/KC

malloc still working but this registry tweak no longer working in windows 7..it works fine in windows 8-10

Fred41 I hope you still around , your efforts and knowledge is important for a lot of players.

Fred41 I hope you still around , your efforts and knowledge is important for a lot of players.

... no panic iam alive and some times around. Still tinkering a bit, as usual, if time is left :)

Nice to know Fred.

/KC

Excellent so there is still hope for even better performance in the future :)

... no panic iam alive and some times around. Still tinkering a bit, as usual, if time is left :)

nice to see you still around

could you please consider to release your latest version of Your memory allocator ?

(the one only handful testers had and you asked to not release it)

and ideally on latest TBB base ...

older one slowly cease to function on various systems (bugs, crashes)

... for all GMF fans, here is a little update ...

I'am trying to 'reanimate' this tweak for all 'non-BE' sessions, like SP or LAN-MP.

Since it is an additional patch of arma client nessecary to make this tweak work,

you have to bar in mind:

DON'T use a patched arma client to join a 'battleye enabled' session!!!

Please read the readme in my GMF repository for detailed usage instructions and read it carefully.

If you prefer the manual method, i recommend to work with a copy of 'arma3.exe' to reduce the risk of unintentionally joining a battleye enabled server.

For the less experienced users, there is an updated 'LPManager' available again, to save you some work and stress.

This tweak must now be reapplied with each arma update to work, i am sorry.

Enjoy :)

Will give it a try later, thanks for making and sharing!

/KC

Some tests with the new LPManager/GMF thingy combined with the tbbmalloc: 8-10fps difference compared to vanilla malloc and no GMF :butbut:

Some tests with the new LPManager/GMF thingy combined with the tbbmalloc: 8-10fps difference compared to vanilla malloc and no GMF :butbut:

What the fuck. That's a lot. I've gotta try this.

Vanilla vs. tbbmalloc = +2/3 fps with tbbmalloc.

Vanilla + tbbmalloc vs. Vanilla + tbbmalloc + large pages = -20 fps

This time the tweak does not work for me :(

I'm not sure I did it the right way but I only gain 1-3 FPS when I run the game through the new 'arma3LP.exe'

Anyway thanks for the effort :)

Edited by Nikiforos

Too bad it's not safe to use it in an MP environment.

And yes please Fred, release the ultimate Malloc again :)

... thanks for your feedback, guys ...

I think, generally you should get similiar relative improvements like before arma 1.38 (in percent, %).

I got the following result, on windows 7/64bit, using helo's altis benchmark (5 runs each, averaged):

83.3 arma3.exe ...

94.1 arma3LP.exe -malloc=tbbmalloc ...

((94.1/83.3) - 1) * 100% = 12.96% ~ 13%

Considering the fact, that this effect is only caused by large page usage, for most of the data and all main module code, this result is not that bad.

Anyway, i think it is still a lot of effort to set it up correctly and therefore primarily interesting for the performance enthusiast :)

Arma3LP doesn't work after latest update to 1.44. I guess they want with purpose to break your balls Fred41 :)

Edited by Nikiforos

Screaming out loud -Nooooo! :omg:

Will hopefully be able test tonight...

Screaming out loud -Nooooo! :omg:

Will hopefully be able test tonight...

No need to panic, it might be something wrong at my end. I'm using win7 and also had bad luck with many fixes before so no need to panic :)

@Nikiforos, just reapply, via LPManager (uncheck and check 'LP ImageFileMapping Client').

If you forgot this step, you are trying to run a 'arma3LP.exe' ver. 1.42, on 1.44 data ;)