fred41

using large page memory mapping, for increased performance

Nothing, I have tested it with Windows 8 (8.1) and it is working like expected

@Maverick,

YES even then. disabling UAC will not automatically grant you Admin access.

TLDR: does this work for anyone yet? Anyone benchmarked it?

TLDR: does this work for anyone yet? Anyone benchmarked it?

Yes, it works for me. Altis benchmark I gained 5-7 FPS and also better frames and smoothness during combat.

^^ pebkac.

wth means 'pebkac', please:confused:

wth means 'pebkac', please:confused:

Problem

Exists

Between

Keyboard

And

Chair

... no, your arma3.exe image is clearly mapped in a small page region here,

mapped as large pages, the size of image region should be a multiple of 2MB (2048kB or 2048*1024B) ...

---------- Post added at 16:23 ---------- Previous post was at 16:19 ----------

@[FRL]Myke, ... and learned something again ... :D

^rtft

TLDR motherf**ker, do you speak it? Hell, you're the Captain.

Yes, it works for me. Altis benchmark I gained 5-7 FPS and also better frames and smoothness during combat.

I suppose I should try it out the next time I play then.

TLDR motherf**ker, do you speak it? Hell, you're the Captain.

But:

Don't be an idiot, read the thread.

;) Saying TLDR does not make it less necessary for you to rtft.

But:

;) Saying TLDR does not make it less necessary for you to rtft.

If someone had answered my question instead of being dense I wouldn't have had to rtft.

Going back some regardless the gains of the tweak still don't seem to have been conclusively benchmarked.

... no, your arma3.exe image is clearly mapped in a small page region here,

mapped as large pages, the size of image region should be a multiple of 2MB (2048kB or 2048*1024B) ...

i did everything right..HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\arma3.exe UseLargePages = 1

and the use of large page is enabled in malloc log..maybe its not working for windows 8.1

I was curious so I gave this a try.

Results:

Average FPS on Altis benchmark

Without the tweak: 29

After the tweak: 32

Other info

1. My 3-year old

2. My game settings

http://s7.postimg.org/6aauy8rff/arma3_2014_05_22_11_27_19_38.jpg
http://s22.postimg.org/4igoxkfwx/arma3_2014_05_22_11_27_23_76.jpg
http://s7.postimg.org/dc8skfv17/arma3_2014_05_22_11_27_26_87.jpg

Thanks for sharing this, Fred41. :)

i did everything right..HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\arma3.exe UseLargePages = 1

and the use of large page is enabled in malloc log..maybe its not working for windows 8.1

cant be, my win 8.1 does it fine

Sent from mobile

I'm just going to do us all a favor and delete the thread-derailing posts.

Next person to go off topic here will win a wonderful two week vacation to the tropical island of No-One-Gives-A-Crap. All expenses paid.

Hi friends!

With the addition of -EnableHT , there have been a few posts suggesting that disabling core parking could help you to further take advantage of all of your cores. These claims are not without merit - core parking is primarily a power saving function, and is still enabled even when you are using a high-performance power profile!

The criteria that windows uses to figure out when to park cores is complex, and isn't always optimal for a gaming machine.

I will show you with two simple commands how to disable core parking for your CURRENT POWER PROFILE. These commands are to be executed at a windows command prompt, as administrator or equivalent. The easiest way to do this is to find the command prompt in your start menu, right click it, and select "run as administrator".

Once you are at your command prompt, you only need to run these two commands:

powercfg -setacvalueindex scheme_current sub_processor 0cc5b647-c1df-4637-891a-dec35c318583 100
powercfg -setactive scheme_current

I'd advise everyone here to be careful about registry editing, and to use these commands instead to change your core parking settings.

For your reference, the '100' in the first command is the mandatory % of available, unparked cores at all times.. if you set this to 50 with 8 cores, 4 of your cores would always be unparked.

I do NOT recommend attempting to change this for a DC power profile. It could cause significant drain to your battery, which could result in a shorter battery life (and lifespan).

Additionally, you should be able to verify that your cores are not parked instantly, there is no reboot required for this method.

Edited by k0rd

I did this method a while ago, not sure really if it made that much difference.

Myke;2695288']May i ask you about your opinion about this tool: http://bitsum.com/about_cpu_core_parking.php

Thank you.

Myke - I can't vouch for the tool itself' date=' but it appears to be an interface that a user could use to set these values for specific power profiles. As it is a 3rd party executable file, I would recommend only using it if you are uncomfortable typing the commands yourself (by the way - my exact commands are even recommended toward the bottom of the page you linked).

Nothing personal against the developers of that application, but always use caution when running a third party program like that.

---------- Post added at 11:35 ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 ----------

I did this method a while ago, not sure really if it made that much difference.

Hey ChrisB - have you tried it in combination with -EnableHT ?

hi !

i don't understand this step :

- navigate to the directory where the tool is (example: cd \Users\useraccountname\Downloads)

- type gmf useraccountname (replace useraccountname, with the name of related windows useraccount, used to start arma)

i type gmf useraccountname on cmd or what ?

... hmmm, the only idea i have, is that your registry key value could be incorrect.

Did you tried merging GMF_on.reg (right click-> merge)?

---------- Post added at 19:20 ---------- Previous post was at 18:29 ----------

hi !

i don't understand this step :

- navigate to the directory where the tool is (example: cd \Users\useraccountname\Downloads)

- type gmf useraccountname (replace useraccountname, with the name of related windows useraccount, used to start arma)

i type gmf useraccountname on cmd or what ?

... yes you have to type your commands in the black console window, that is opened via cmd.exe ('Run as administrator') ...

cant be, my win 8.1 does it fine

Sent from mobile

... because i don't own win8.1, may i ask you to make a snapshot with VMMAP (sysinternals), while arma3.exe is running?

(open VMMAP, select arma3.exe process, 'FILE'->'Save as ...')

... assuming you mean UAC-settings at 'never notify', i would say yes ...

@Maverick,

YES even then. disabling UAC will not automatically grant you Admin access.

I am honestly not sure why that would matter if I am already an Administrator, but I'll give it a try and see what happens.

... hmmm, the only idea i have, is that your registry key value could be incorrect.

Did you tried merging GMF_on.reg (right click-> merge)

yes i did..but its still using the small page

2686353-okma.jpg