Sign in to follow this  
Wuffy_Von_Wulf

[Suggestions] Zeus Custom Units and Saving Missions

I love the Zeus editor I've honestly spent hours on it just making battles and videos on it but I do think there are a few things that could really make Zeus even better.

1.) Copy and paste copies the units equipment as well. I play with a hand full of mods that add weapons and uniforms to the game but currently i have to take control over each unit, take them to the ammo box, and get them geared up that way. It's a tedious and long process for what I'm trying to do. For example, I often switch CSAT into terrorist styled gear and equip them with AKMs and then have a special forces group equipped with M4A1s. I've only been able to do this in small groups because of having to do each unit myself. Copy and pasting the gear that a character is wearing would be tremendous time saver and allow people to build custom character battles in bulk.

2.) Saving what you did in Zeus editor as a mission. Right now everything I do in Zeus basically gets wiped out when I exit preview. I know a lot of people would love to have Zeus function as a 3D editor so they can make their missions as precise as they want. It would be much better then the top down layout that we currently use in the editor.

3.) Saving custom units. This one is a more personal want of mine and it goes back to my mods really. Being able to save some PMC geared NATO units or a masked terrorist units would be pretty cool to help quickly create those custom unit battles. Again this one is more on the video recording end for battles.

Those are just some suggestions that I thought might benefit Zeus if they can be done.

1: You can do that by placing a script in the unit's init line.

Myself and a few others in my community use something similar to this for Riflemen:

Rifleman

/////

removeallweapons this;

this addvest "V_Chestrig_oli";

this addheadgear "H_ShemagOpen_tan";

this addmagazine "hlc_30Rnd_762x39_b_ak";

this addweapon "hlc_rifle_akm";

this addmagazine "smokeshell";

this addmagazine "handgrenade";

this addmagazine "handgrenade";

this unassignItem "NVGoggles_OPFOR";

this removeItem "NVGoggles_OPFOR";

this adduniform "U_IG_Guerilla3_1";

2: That's probably coming eventually.

3: If the mod you are using for custom units was done correctly, you should be able to place those units as a Zeus. We use the @Rangers mod and we can place those units down as and when we want.

Edited by Caeden

Getting used to Zeus and MCC working together is amazing and is the best way you're going to run dynamic missions for your group(s). The latest update to MCC made it extremely simple for newer users to get started with, honestly hop on an empty server and play around with MCC + Zeus together for a few hours and you'll figure everything out pretty easily.