Sign in to follow this  
SKasper

The Future of the US Army? (Needs Name)

Do they even put miniguns on M1117s? I thought it was just the turret from the AAV.

You could do just about anything in the gameworld, sky's the limit. ;)

M1117 with Slat armor and a minigun isnt real as far as I know, thus its just a suggestion for a futuristic US Army.

You could do just about anything in the gameworld, sky's the limit. ;)

M1117 with Slat armor and a minigun isnt real as far as I know, thus its just a suggestion for a futuristic US Army.

Kinda exotic, but yeah, why not?! :D

So apparently the new camo decision has been made and the Army is getting ready to announce it. No more speculation in a few days.

Welp... Time to wait! (Please be marpat)

Welp... Time to wait! (Please be marpat)

Probably not since the Corps would throw a hissy fit. They did the same thing with the NWU Type 2/3.

Here you go! The ALPHA! Of Our Uniform Patterns. I plan to make some better vest textures and custom berets but so far so good.

http://imgur.com/OQNyjnp,ey7V3dF,CSrjsNr,lX7SDBs,76afbHc,bcH0VVz,furjTUB,A4B0H24,EBxQ9mx,sVVcNSE,48PLZxA,jdG8Oob,L0LPUZv

I like the ATACS textures, especially the FG version! But I think using M4´s might be not "realistic" ´cause hopefully, the Army will finally have a new carbine by 2035.

So apparently the new camo decision has been made and the Army is getting ready to announce it. No more speculation in a few days.

Can you give us a source?

It's iffy but that's where the "apparently" comes from. Thus far it's the only source I've seen.

http://soldiersystems.net/2014/05/15/is-the-cat-out-of-the-camo-bag/

Thanks man. Let´s keep our fingers crossed that we´ll indeed know more soon and also that the Army doesn´t screw it up ;D

That would not only be "a good looking" but also more effective camo pattern than UCP!

hi there,

I would like to make a model for the HEMMT Gun Truck. I would like to know if there are "sample" Model`s or even Models which are able to modify=? If i have a Model i can basicly do this!

Edited by christian2526

hi there,

I would like to make a model for the HEMMT Gun Truck. I would like to know if there are "sample" Model`s or even Models which are able to modify=? If i have a Model i can basicly do this!

That would be amazing! If you are willing, we do need modelers for various projects in the mod!

Heres the US4CES (Since people wanted to see what it would look like) Just used one of my main templates...

http://imgur.com/Tn9LwOQ,HdebPFK

I Still Prefer the ATACS.

Looking good buddy.

Do you reckon you'll re-texture more gear in this camo? Id love to see the NATO Combat Uniform, Kerry's drop pouch-less platecarrier and AAF carrier rigs in this camo. :)

Zer Gut! :D from a camo point of view, ATACS is much better anyway, I'd expect an updated version to certainly be available for use to the US army if not in use, by 2035 it is far superior over the digital patterns, as they follow natural environmental contours, whereas digital patterns don't.

Well the cadences are just my 4 am music.. but what you'll see is the modified and HD textures for the uniforms. we do have helmets and hats, but I wasnt bothered at the time to put em on. hopefully on sunday we can release something to the public.

Is it just me or does the US army spend a vast amount of their R&D budget collecting data on things and then either A. Make a decision based purely on cost effectiveness in the short term, example: the decision to go with the M9 as service handgun B. Decide that it's not worth putting the findings into action, example: the Carbine competitions that always end with "sure the competition is objectively superior to the M4A1 in every way we could test, but not better enough that the cost is justified" or C. Gather all this data, send it up the chain, only for the guys upstairs to throw all these findings in the bin and make a decision based on what they think would look cool in press photographs.

Which is why I think the MX series is pure Sci-fi, not because such a weapon wouldn't be viable, but because it would never be adopted because it isn't a railgun with an AR-15 layout.

But I guess the point I'm trying to get to (in a tangential way) is that starting to issue Multicam, and giving everyone the impression you're going to adopt Multicam, then adopting what I understand is Multicam beta, is a dumb decision.

I don't understand why they just didn't give everyone Multicam. Now they're going to have to turn in their Multicams to get what's basically a very similar thing. Hell, if they wanted variants, Multicam has variants!

http://multicampattern.com/multicam_patterns/

Meanwhile, the US Army has made its decision:

Scorpion, which is basically Multicam.

http://soldiersystems.net/2014/05/23/us-army-selects-scorpion-camouflage-pattern/

Damn you! I was just about to drop the bomb :/ :D

I don't understand why they just didn't give everyone Multicam. Now they're going to have to turn in their Multicams to get what's basically a very similar thing. Hell, if they wanted variants, Multicam has variants!

http://multicampattern.com/multicam_patterns/

Crye wanted something like 25 million dollars from the Army and the Army didn´t want to pay that.

Thing is the "variants" argument doesn't make any sense, since the whole point behind Multicam is that the same pattern can be used for multiple environments within one region.

Thing is the "variants" argument doesn't make any sense, since the whole point behind Multicam is that the same pattern can be used for multiple environments within one region.

Exactly, I mean where are the other patterns?

Exactly, I mean where are the other patterns?

Probably in the same mythical warehouse where Scorpion Desert is. If they don't want to pay the licensing for Multicam, why don't they do what the Brits have done with MTP and make a knock off with a different pattern with the same principals? I think this has more to do with reluctance to break with the old practice of issuing different patterns for different areas then real problems. I sense internal politics are afoot.