whiztler

[MP CO15 Campaign] Wolfpack Vol. 1

Any chance making these for single player?

Any chance making these for single player?

All 10 missions, 3 training missions and the Warmup mission can be played as single player:

- Copy/Move the .pbo files location in the 'Missions' folder (in case you download the ZIP) to your Steam/SteamApps/common/ArmA 3/MPMissions folder.

- Start Arma3

- Select Play

- Select Multiplayer

- Click on 'NEW'

- Select LAN as host, click 'OK'

- Select the Wolfpack mission you want to play

- Go get some!

Is anyone else finding in day 3 the ACE 3 interactions settings aren't working? We are running ACE Version 3.0.1 and the latest version of CBA.

Is anyone else finding in day 3 the ACE 3 interactions settings aren't working? We are running ACE Version 3.0.1 and the latest version of CBA.

Please post ACE3 questions in the ACE3 thread.

Well the front page of this mission says ACE 3 is now supported by the mission. But I can't get it working, players don't get self interaction menu.

ACE works fine on other missions.

Ah sorry buddy, I misunderstood.

I just did a quick test (Wolfpack Day 09) on Dedicated and Editor preview and I was not able to reproduce your error. ACE interaction menu's worked as expected (self-interaction tested)

Please advice which mission you tried and if you used a Steam mission or custom install. Also please advice modline and dedi/single/editor preview.

I'm on my phone right now but I'll do my best. We are using ace 3 latest version off playwithsix. On a dedicated server. Mission download is from armaholic. Mission in question is day 3.

Command Line is cba, ace3, taskforceradio

Cba ace and tfar are all latest versions off playwithsix and work fine on other missions.

When I get a chance I'll try day 9.

Thanks. Please check also that you have Wolfpack version 1.60 as Armaholic took a few hours before they updated the download files. Wolfpack v1.58 does not work with ACE3.

Edit 9/6/15 - we just did a test on dedi (day 9 again) and all ACE3 functionality worked as it should. Please check if you have latest Wolfpack missions

Edited by whiztler

Hello.

Yesterday we've played Day 1 mission with three person without ACE (but with TFAR).

There were couple of problems:

- all civilian vehicles were locked (probably we should use lockpick from ACE). Is it intentional?

- driver slots in assault boats (on the very beginning) were locked. It means when i started as a passenger i couldn't become a driver (no option),

- ammo crate in RV, next church was broken. Nobody couldn't take mk14 and some other waepons and i couldn't put my staff into this crate.

- after elimination of HVT, patrol chopper stucked and hovered above MOB instead of patroling.

Besides mission is nice and have nice mood. Soon we will start next one.

Thank you for the feedback Kromka, glad to hear you enjoyed the mission.

all civilian vehicles were locked (probably we should use lockpick from ACE). Is it intentional?

This is indeed intentional. Wolfpack is a realism milsim campaign. As cars would be locked in real life, there are locked in Wolfpack missions as well.

driver slots in assault boats (on the very beginning) were locked. It means when i started as a passenger i couldn't become a driver (no option)

This is an unfortunate BIS issue.

ammo crate in RV, next church was broken. Nobody couldn't take mk14 and some other waepons and i couldn't put my staff into this crate.

Thanks for reporting. I'll look into it.

after elimination of HVT, patrol chopper stucked and hovered above MOB instead of patroling.

It is actually suppose to leave. There are various factors why it would be stuck. Unfortunately once again a BIS issue.

Hopy you guys have fun with day 2!

Day 02 (or rather night) behind us.

Some remarks:

1) Player from the last team (i cant give you precise codename but it was lowermost team on slot screen) were constantly injured after insertion on the very beginning of the mission (probably bailed out on too high level). We started mission three times and this problem is reproducible.

2) In general, isertion process was little bit weard (I mean not natural). My chopper came to the beach, touched the ground on a 2-3 sec and then started to hovering. I missed disembark gap and only command of dissembark forced him to land once again.

Maybe better solution is to force landing of choppers, check if any of playable units is onboard, if not - chopers may fly away?

3) I think clear information in briefing if there will be availability of rearm would be useful (in all missions).

4) Please consider unlock some cars. Not everybody plays with ACE and in vanilla there is no lockpick. It means vanilla teams have no chance to use civilians vehicle. Left open some of them isn't unrealistic, because we can suspect on such island people often left open cars. This is rather matter of imagination how we will open a car (in real life if i have no lockpick i broke the window and voila) and onestly lockpicks are rather curiosity of ACE than real need.

Summary:

Again nice mood and again i have to admit mission is nice scalable: even small team has a real chance to fullfil task (however we failed :( ).

However again insertion is the weakest point of the mission: now mostly because artificial complexity.

Today probably Day 03.

1) Player from the last team (i cant give you precise codename but it was lowermost team on slot screen) were constantly injured after insertion on the very beginning of the mission (probably bailed out on too high level). We started mission three times and this problem is reproducible.

Sounds like that's the case. The heli needs to be pretty low else you'll hurt yourself when disembarking. Also see remark below.

2) In general, isertion process was little bit weard (I mean not natural). My chopper came to the beach, touched the ground on a 2-3 sec and then started to hovering. I missed disembark gap and only command of dissembark forced him to land once again.

Maybe better solution is to force landing of choppers, check if any of playable units is onboard, if not - chopers may fly away?

Same as like day 1 unfortunately. The insertions are scripted. As a matter of fact, the heli's land (force land) and then the fuel is removed for 10 seconds to forced them on the ground. BUT when the designated (invincible) landing spot is blocked (e.g. by a player), the heli will ateempt a few times to land and than abort landing and hover. The is a default ARMA routine.

I actually tried the pre-scripted cam landings (record and that play by AI) but they seemed to crash on the beach.

3) I think clear information in briefing if there will be availability of rearm would be useful (in all missions).

Supplies are only provided for when needed/mission critical. Some missions one can loot Opfor supplies.

4) Please consider unlock some cars. Not everybody plays with ACE and in vanilla there is no lockpick. It means vanilla teams have no chance to use civilians vehicle. Left open some of them isn't unrealistic, because we can suspect on such island people often left open cars. This is rather matter of imagination how we will open a car (in real life if i have no lockpick i broke the window and voila) and onestly lockpicks are rather curiosity of ACE than real need.

Sorry buddy, but that's a no go. Please note that wolfpack are stealth missions. It is the intention to get in and out unnoticed. If you need transport than the server admin can start up Zeus and spawn a vehicle.

Summary:

Again nice mood and again i have to admit mission is nice scalable: even small team has a real chance to fullfil task (however we failed :( ).

However again insertion is the weakest point of the mission: now mostly because artificial complexity.

Day 3 is wet insertion so you're in control. Hopefully things will progress better for you guys. Looking forward to more feedback and have fun with day 3.

Day 03 has passed (twice). Team: two persons.

This is what i call "classic arma mission".

Congrats: excelent mood, ability of resonably use of new A3 stuff, sneaky profile without passing too many distance (however constant threat is tangible), good balance of enemy forces (i mean realistic - non of brigade or battalion or other accidentally present part of army).This is currently the best of the series (i hope further means better).

Problems: another time something wrong is with the big supply crate - we couldn't put anything into this crate. Also we couldn't took laser designator, which is as i suppose quiet important. And finally, i suppose for full squad, this mission can be too easy.

At last insertion is intuitive and goes without any problems.

Day 03 has passed (twice). Team: two persons.

This is what i call "classic arma mission".

Congrats: excelent mood, ability of resonably use of new A3 stuff, sneaky profile without passing too many distance (however constant threat is tangible), good balance of enemy forces (i mean realistic - non of brigade or battalion or other accidentally present part of army).This is currently the best of the series (i hope further means better).

Problems: another time something wrong is with the big supply crate - we couldn't put anything into this crate. Also we couldn't took laser designator, which is as i suppose quiet important. And finally, i suppose for full squad, this mission can be too easy.

At last insertion is intuitive and goes without any problems.

Great to hear! The crates are being addressed in the next release.

Re Opfor presence, they are spawned all over the AO with random patrol orders. If I recall correctly there should be 60+ Opfor present once you enter the AO. I guess sometimes you get lucky and their patrol route is out of your way :). I actually played this mission (while ago) and we got pretty much hammered. We had a full detail of 14 pax. So it can go either way, just like RL.

The missions do get harder!

Edited by whiztler

We packed all needed stuff from church to diving boat and landed 500 m. SW from power plant.

I was i sniper and second guy was an assault.

It is really possible to do, however we were careful (finaly not enought - but it was very close).

Hello.

After long brake Day 04 is behind us (team consisted of 5 peoples).

Long mission (we choosed trip from the far south RV). General impression is good.

Bunch of remarks:

- choppers just hanged over the base north from generators. Much better would be if they would patrol an area,

- after detonation on the roofs there were no alarm in the base north of the buildings,

- it may be good idea to give players one quad as a scout vehicle,

- we had plenty of charges and only few of detonators, i am not sure is it a bug or a feature.

@Kromka, thanks for feedback. Good job you guys managed to do the mission with only 5 pax strong.

- Choppers are suppose to patrol. It is a known ARMA bug that sometimes, after a while the AI's tend to drop out off their assigned patrol route and do their own thing (e.g. hang in the air). Doesn't happen always, seem to be related to server load afaik. Will look into it for next update.

- No alarm, that's correct. The alarm system is undergoing maintenance.

- Day 4 has a few vehicles that are handed to you by the resistance if you choose the long route. The vehicles are civilian trucks. Scouting using a quad is usually to high profile, e.g. you get spotted easily. 

- You can detonate multiple charges with a single detonator. You should carry enough detonators to finish the objective. Else one can always look for additional  demo supplies in the CSAT facilities nearby.

Wolfpack 05 has been finished.

4 person team made it successfully.

Compared to previous ones this mission is moderate. Maybe reason is we've done it little bit out of schedule and we had a lot of problems with start (but they weren't caused by mission)

Problems:

- we used a drone, but enemy infrantry was so aware that this drone has been shooted down very quickly. This is probably problem of the game but i just give you info,

- is placement of the laptop random? I ask because we didn't entered into this mission in designed point (we have done it just next to the city) and we found stuffp quiet fast near hospital,

- i think vehicles are too aware. One of us was killed though some bushes, ruins and so on,

- once again problem of hanging heli appeared.

Regards.

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback buddy.

The location of the laptop is indeed random. 

- AI's are 100% vanilla. When using the UAV, make sure you get enough altitude before approaching enemy territory. You're right, AI's can spot the drone UAV's too quickly, especially at night.

- Vehicles also vanilla, mission does not alter their skillset.

A new release is due out soon. Code base completely rewritten. Hopefully also solves the 'hanging heli' problem.

Edit 20 Dec. The 'hanging heli' issue is caused by AI's breaking out of their assigned waypoints. This happens when they change their combat status (behaviour, etc.) It seems that after their behavior goes back to safe/aware they do not resume with their original orders (e.g. land or continue to the next waypoint). It seems that this is the case with aerial units.

@whiztler

After very long time me and my mate finished Day 06.

We did it in two persons (squad leader and marksman). Once again I have to admit threre is very good scalability. It took us 4 hour to finish this mission but with carefull planing and big amount of risk in action it is possible.

Hovewer we met one problem: we blown EVERYTHING (cars, crates, AA emplacements, main towers, baracks in vicinity) in Istanbul and despite this goal "clear Istanbul" wasn't completed.

I have also ask. You've mentioned this is real campaign, hovewer limitation of locked doors and cars is little bit too restrictive. If somebody plays it without ACE and has no lockpick there is no chance to pick a car and this is sometimes just tiresome to go many kilometers by foot (BTW boats are not locked - it saved us about hour of wandering). This also have side effects - player can't even close hatches on guard towers.

My proposition: consider to add option (slot panel->parameters) ability to pass it.

My proposition 2: consider to do randomization of locked object (eg. hardcoded 75% or even give a possibility to change this in slot panel->parameters) this is easy to do.

Anyway Day 06 is a good mission.

-------------

Edit: I figured out how to unlock everything, so this problem is solved ;)