whiztler

[MP CO15 Campaign] Wolfpack Vol. 1

@Numrollen, thanks for your feedback!

All roles have been tested on a dedi server. Make sure that AGM is enabled both client-side and server-side!! Just did a double check on the medic on a dedi server:

10 bandages

4 x epi

4 x morphine

2 x blood bag

Enemies are script managed and cached where needed. FPS should at most times be 40+

Each unit has an NVG. Check your gear!

The trainer can teleport and has a cTab tablet for overview (when cTab is enabled). Training instructions are detailed in the PDF. If needed I can provide training as well. As long as you ask well in advanced.

Edited by whiztler

Thx for reply. Will test it again. We have AGM in our Modpack, its on client and server with 10 other mods. we dont use the cTab mod :(

I think we will start your campain, it looks very good. i will report ;)

Is it "on foot" the hole time? Oh, hmm i dont wanna know :D

Great packs of missions, me and my teammates enjoyed the two first day so far.

Great packs of missions, me and my teammates enjoyed the two first day so far.

Great to hear mate. Thanks for the feedback!

For some reason we cant play these wolfpack missions on our dedicated server

We can play them on own PC's, but when we select any of the wolfpack from training, to 2nd pack, it kicks us straight back to mission selection every time!

We are running CBA & can play the missions on other servers but not our own? any ideas?

For some reason we cant play these wolfpack missions on our dedicated server

We can play them on own PC's, but when we select any of the wolfpack from training, to 2nd pack, it kicks us straight back to mission selection every time!

We are running CBA & can play the missions on other servers but not our own? any ideas?

This is a new one for me as well. I suggest you look into the server.rpt (log file) and paste the contents/snippet of the session.

kicks us straight back to mission selection every time!

This is almost always caused by the server not having the required mods loaded for that mission. Double-check and make sure your server is in-fact loading the mods (as Whiz mentioned your RPT file and startup pararms would help troubleshoot)

Found the problem, the server had CBA & keys for it but admin had made a mistake in the command line & it wasn't running! Which explains a few other glitches also.

All good to go now. Nice work Whiztler sir. :)

Glad to see you guys are good to go!

Thanks for the help Sav!

Updated to v1.55. See OP for more info

Added a Warmup, Testing and Training map. Features:

- Warmup for a game event.

- Train your recon and covert operations skills.

- Test the mods required for the Wolfpack mission(s).

- 11 challenges/objectives - easy / medium / hard

- JIP compatible

- 30 secs respawn

TFAR radios included in gear again.

I've had several requests re recommended addon's to play the Wolfpack Missions.

I created a repo on Play With Six (Taskforce Radio, not ACRE) with the following addons:

@AGM - Authentic Gameplay Modification

@CBA_A3 - Community Based Addons A3

@cTab - Commanders Tablet

@Sthud_a3 - ShackTac Fireteam Hud

@ado_bousolle - ADO Bousolle SIlva Compass

@hmm_stanceindicator - HMM Stance Indicator

@Safety - Weapon Safety

@st_stamina_bar - ShackTac Stamina Bar

@task_force_radio - Taskforce Arrowhead Radio System

Optional, but included (can be switched off):

@Blastcore_A3 - Blastcore A3

@JSRS2 - Jarhead's Sounds Redeployment System 2

Play With Six Repo: pws://?c=-ms0s9NY70qxMNWI7-ONBg

I've had several requests re recommended addon's to play the Wolfpack Missions.

I created a repo on Play With Six (Taskforce Radio, not ACRE) with the following addons:

Play With Six Repo: pws://?c=-ms0s9NY70qxMNWI7-ONBg

Given the long marching distances in some of the Wolfpack missions and the new fatigue system, I recommend the

Load-out Weight indicator by big_wilk.

Given the long marching distances in some of the Wolfpack missions and the new fatigue system, I recommend the

Load-out Weight indicator by big_wilk.

Good point! Loadout weight is (also) displayed with @AGM. So if using AGM then no additional addon is needed.

Version 1.56

- Fixed: Air infils. No more water landings/crashes

Can you please explain?

Can you please explain?

Heli's (AI crew) sometimes wanted to do a skinnydip instead of landing on the beach. This resulted in (sometimes) the helicopter exploding, killing all occupants.

I took away the fridge from the chopper and rationed alcohol beverages for the pilots.

Re-wrote the heli infil scripts, did extensive testing and can confirm that the heli crew now follows orders and lands on the beach safely.

Thanks. BIS really need to fix recorded AI path for dedicated servers, that would make predefined AI chopper insertions possible again.

Tried Ep.5 again. Chopper detected us again from the beginning but we kept deep. He somehow managed to kill us when we reached the RV although we didn't surface. Maybe it's ASR AI that makes the chopper detect us, I don't know.

Moreover - the distance to the RV is so long and (apart from the chopper which as I understand is not by designe and which we can do nothing against anyway) uneventful. I don't see the value of just pressing the w key for 20 minutes or so just to get to an RV. Don't get me wrong, submerged insertions are cool, but they don't have to be frustrating long...

I'd like to add that in spite of a detailed briefing, we were left wondering where we would be inserted. There was no marker on the map that explained this. I'd also echo Variable's sentiments about the length of the insertion. It was a good, what, 2 to 3 kilometers underwater drive to get to the RV point with no events, at limited visibility.

Moreover - the distance to the RV is so long and (apart from the chopper which as I understand is not by designe and which we can do nothing against anyway) uneventful. I don't see the value of just pressing the w key for 20 minutes or so just to get to an RV. Don't get me wrong, submerged insertions are cool, but they don't have to be frustrating long...

I agree with what Variable said. I was sitting in the back of the sub for 20 minutes doing nothing, it's dark, I can't see far, so I'm just sitting there.

Personally, when I do missions with long insertions, I usually try to "entertain" by either making the ride eventful, like, maybe getting the insertion vehicle under (fake) fire, or through conversations or incoming comms...

The Wolfpack missions I participated in up to now during Coop were quite cool, but always marred by the long insertion time

Tried Ep.5 again. Chopper detected us again from the beginning but we kept deep. He somehow managed to kill us when we reached the RV although we didn't surface. Maybe it's ASR AI that makes the chopper detect us, I don't know.

I will shorten the distance of the wet insertion of day's 3, 5 and 10.

Like in all Wolfpack missions, OpFor patrols spawn at random mostly and choose a patrol route dynamically. The one time you may encounter air or water patrols, the next time you may not. Anyway, I am sorry to read that you guys had another unsuccesful op.

I'd like to add that in spite of a detailed briefing, we were left wondering where we would be inserted. There was no marker on the map that explained this. I'd also echo Variable's sentiments about the length of the insertion. It was a good, what, 2 to 3 kilometers underwater drive to get to the RV point with no events, at limited visibility.

Not sure what you mean. The RV Xray marker is clearly visible ingame. Also, the mission briefing includes a AO JPEG with the RV marker visible. Xray is recommended due to dry gear left by the local contacts. But insertion position is commanders choice.

I agree with what Variable said. I was sitting in the back of the sub for 20 minutes doing nothing, it's dark, I can't see far, so I'm just sitting there.

Personally, when I do missions with long insertions, I usually try to "entertain" by either making the ride eventful, like, maybe getting the insertion vehicle under (fake) fire, or through conversations or incoming comms...

The Wolfpack missions I participated in up to now during Coop were quite cool, but always marred by the long insertion time

Next version will have updated insertion positions, closer to the AO.

Choppers can detect submerged divers (and subs) on the bug tracker. Please vote up to fix this issue:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=18986

Up voted!

Edited by whiztler

Not sure what you mean. The RV Xray marker is clearly visible ingame.

True, but it doesn't say that the RV is the suggested insertion point. We guessed that this was your intention, but it was a bit vague. I suggest adding a hyperlink to the RV on the briefing text. This will clear up any confusion.

True, but it doesn't say that the RV is the suggested insertion point. We guessed that this was your intention, but it was a bit vague. I suggest adding a hyperlink to the RV on the briefing text. This will clear up any confusion.

Good point. Will implement in next version

Excellent missions so far, would recommend this to anyone interested in spec ops style and challenging missions :) Great attention to detail and atmosphere.

Feedback

- Would be interesting if the texts would have voiceovers. Of course the mission filesize will increase dramatically, but for immersion purposes it might be worth it. I've played quite some missions with added voiceovers, including some made by Tangodown members, and it really adds to the immersion when information is passed on from "HQ" over a "radio" with an actual voice :)

- I also think that the spawn location should be made clear in the briefings. On the top of my head, in mission 1 and mission 4 you do not get any details about the spawn location. If you don't play with GPS and on hard difficulty, and are not using the optional cTAB addon, you have no clue where you are in the middle of the sea as far as I know. I think it would be realistic for these teams to at least know approximatly where they spawn/insert (GRID reference for example). Or maybe I missed something :confused:

Thanks for the great missions so far Whiztler.