Sign in to follow this  
RN Malboeuf

Custom voice files seen in ofpr

I was playing on our Roughnecks server last night

it was the mission where the three groups attack to small towns

GIs, Bradley and a sniper team

one guy had custom voice files that even showed text when the files were played

now Im conected with sockets and running on Team sound so I Know it was not VON

My question is how did he do it? it was like custom voice files in Unreal Tourney

he had clips from Mars attack "we come in peace, please dont Run - Ack ack ack ack"

and the little martian from bugs bunnie that has no head under his helmet

that was sweet, I would kill for that.

I'll post more as I find out

(sorry if this is known toy)

they were probly built into hte map in the commando menu theres an option for custom under the last slectioni think its radio or other usually its greyed out but sum times it isnt and i dont mean the radio commands like send message for bravo to attack etc.

nope, he's used the voice clips in custom RN built missions as well

Just make a folder called "sound" in your user folder. Then place the sounds in that folder. To use the sounds while in a game hit 0 then 9(custom) Works both in MP and single player.

I would convert the sounds into ogg. When you join a MP game, each user has to download your sounds from you. So you don't want to use wavs or large sounds files.

This is kind of off topic but is VON still owrking in resistance? I can't get it to work on my server... nothing goes through.

I'm gonna do a search

I believe VON will no longer work in Resistance with the new "socket" MP code. VON used DirectPlay. Maybe if you switch back to DirectPlay it will work. But I would not do that. Use a 3rd party voice chat like Roger Wilco. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AndOne @ July 22 2002,15:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I believe VON will no longer work in Resistance with the new "socket" MP code. VON used DirectPlay. Maybe if you switch back to DirectPlay it will work. But I would not do that. Use a 3rd party voice chat like Roger Wilco. wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

AAAA.... I C.

Yea, Roger Wilco does a very good job, but VON would be better.

DO any of you know any cool websites where I can get sounds from for OFP:r? Or where I can get sound files? Also, how do I convert the sounds into ogg?

so do i just put a file named 1.ogg into my sounds folder? and then i press 1 to use it?

check the OFPediting centre and avon lady for guides to sound conversion and implementation.

I use DbPoweramp to convert and you have to script the sounds in your description.ext. Look for Lustypooh's old guide.

http://www.ofpec.com/

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Evan110185 @ July 23 2002,07:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">so do i just put a file named 1.ogg into my sounds folder? and then i press 1 to use it?<span id='postcolor'>

What ever you name the ogg is what will be displayed. I have converted some Ghost Recon sounds to ogg. You can download them here. Place them in a folder called sound in your user folder.

Ghost Recon Sounds

To use them press 0 then 9 when your in the game.

I also use dbpoweramp for converting wavs to ogg. Its free and easy to use.

dbpoweramp home page

these sounds add major delay to load times

I had 500 k worth of sounds in 10 files and it took 1 min to conect to my server at 27 ms

the players that start using this will start to crash servers since it has to send the sounds to each player during each conect

I run 3 sounds now only at 250 kbs and it's still a pain in the ass

Hmm if I'd moved this to MP where it belongs in the first place it would have made finding it again much easier and also would have avoided (possibly) the dupe questions popping up.......