Sign in to follow this  
Von Quest

How to make NEW Uniforms without adding Units?

I have several NEW Fictional Uniforms coming down the pipeline, but it seems like you have to create new Units to go with them.

How do you add uniforms without the Units? I just wanted to add maybe a few guys to start, but have everything else sitting in crates/ammo boxes.

If you do not want the unit visible in the editor menu add scope = 1; to the unit in the config.

this is from the samples_F folder:

class UniformItem: InventoryItem_Base_F
{
	type = UNIFORM_SLOT; /// to what slot does the uniform fit
};

class U_Test_uniform: Itemcore
{
	scope = 2; /// scope needs to be 2 to have a visible class
	allowedSlots[] = {BACKPACK_SLOT}; /// where does the uniform fit to when not equipped
	displayName = "Test uniform"; /// how would the stuff be displayed in inventory and on ground
	picture = "\A3\characters_f\data\ui\icon_U_BasicBody_CA.paa"; /// this icon fits the uniform surprisingly well
	model = "\A3\Characters_F\Common\Suitpacks\suitpack_blufor_diver"; /// how does the uniform look when put on ground

class ItemInfo: UniformItem
	{
		uniformModel = "-";
		uniformClass = Test_Soldier_base_F; /// what soldier class contains parameters of the uniform (such as model, camouflage, hitpoints and others)
		containerClass = Supply90; /// what fake vehicle is used to describe size of uniform container, there is quite a lot SupplyXX classes ready
		mass = 80; /// combined weight and volume
	};
};

Maybe, this could help you. You dont have to make for every new uniform a sigle character.

Thanks! That seemed to work. I tried both public and private; thought it was the same thing?

There's a samples folder!? Dang. Gotta check that out. Just getting into the config stuff deeper.

Thanks guys!