Sign in to follow this  
stormhawkv

New scouting missions during "Survive"

Apparently scouting missions for "Survive" were added with the latest patch. They seem to be available after "Blackfoot Down". I could use some help in putting together a list.

Lucky Shot

Although we suffered heavy losses during the AAF's surprise assault, we at least managed to strike a blow of our own - one Greenback Mohawk

was brought down and crashed somewhere north of Camp Maxwell. Investigating the crash site might provide some useful information or supplies.

Immobile

Charlie saw an abandoned Hunter while they were retreating back to Camp Maxwell. Search the area, find it, and try to retrieve any useful equipment which may be left there.

Crimson Tide

There was an intense fire-fight on the east coast earlier today. Search the area carefully and see what can be found.

Thanks for help to: drebin052

Edited by StormhawkV

Another Abandoned Battlefield mission where you need to find a wrecked Hunter and Lucky Shot where you need to find a crashed Mohawk just north of the camp. Not sure if there's more but I guess they only added 4 in total.

What?! Seems like I need to restart the campaign to play those.

I was thinking the same thing. I just finished the first mission of Win, but am now considering restarting the campaign because I played none of the scouting missions in Survive, and none from the first camp in Adapt (Bomos).... Jeesh.

If you want to do that I would suggest just creating a new profile to play the campaign, then if you get a bit bored of them and want to finish Win you just switch back to your old profile.

^ ^ Good suggestion. The idea of wiping out all my current campaign progress is quite a painful one. So many hours down the drain!

Hi, I've been trying to do these optional missions... but when I try to go outside the Maxwell camp, as soon as I get a bit far from the camp, I get taken to the debrief. What do I have to do to avoid being pulled to the first main mission on camp maxwell?

You say they are available after Blackfoot down, but I got them before it, but maybe I have to do it before them?

There is very little free time before the Blackfoot down starts, so it's better to go scouting after the first mission.

Another Abandoned Battlefield mission where you need to find a wrecked Hunter and Lucky Shot where you need to find a crashed Mohawk just north of the camp. Not sure if there's more but I guess they only added 4 in total.

Where is this Abandoned Battlefield? I found one wrecked Hunter south of camp Maxwell with few dead BluFor soldiers around but didnt get task for it, nor completing it. I sat trough conversations until they started repeating but didnt get this task.

If you want to do that I would suggest just creating a new profile to play the campaign, then if you get a bit bored of them and want to finish Win you just switch back to your old profile.

Note that you only have to restart the actual campaign episode, not all three, if you are to replay either of the episodes. So for example if you replay Survive, you still keep your Adapt and Win progress.

Hi

Has anyone else found it impossible to reassemble the static mortar while scouting? I can reassemble it where you encounter it originally but every where else I've tried it doesn't appear when reassembled (I've tried various flat areas and confirmed in the editor that one can be assembled in the same location. Thanks for any ideas

Where is this Abandoned Battlefield? I found one wrecked Hunter south of camp Maxwell with few dead BluFor soldiers around but didnt get task for it, nor completing it. I sat trough conversations until they started repeating but didnt get this task.

It's after the Air Station Mike mission. You can go back and look for supplies. I never completed it because as I approached on my quad I saw a Hunter with a Mark 19 guarding the entrance. I had nothing to take it out. No idea if it's there very time or I was unlucky with a random placement.

It's after the Air Station Mike mission. You can go back and look for supplies. I never completed it because as I approached on my quad I saw a Hunter with a Mark 19 guarding the entrance. I had nothing to take it out. No idea if it's there very time or I was unlucky with a random placement.

I waited trough conversations again after Mike-26 and did not get any more missions other then three that I already completed. I went scouting anyway and when I got near Mike Kerry says "he's lost and should head back" and then I got shelled by mortar rounds. Meaning you cannot go there because its out of bounds. Also, I managed to get there before shells hit me (they are closing in further you go) and Mike is empty. Nothing there.

I waited trough conversations again after Mike-26 and did not get any more missions other then three that I already completed.

Replaying campaign now, and this happens for me also. I cannot get Abandonded Battlefield to fire up, just the 3 in first post. Tipping Point mission, the last of Survive, is next, so I am trying to get this last (?*) side quest before it's too late and Survive is over.

Edit: I got it. Drove north towards Mike-26 and it started. The 3 other side quests I completed are no longer visible on the map for some reason.

Edit 2: The guard towers at Mike-26 which I destroyed by mortars in Radio Silence have been repaired...

* On the scouting mission map there are red exclamation marks way up at Kamino and Rogain. Should I bother driving my quad all the way up there and check them out? :rolleyes: Sounds dangerous, and most likely pointless.

Edited by OMAC

Edit: I got it. Drove north towards Mike-26 and it started.

Did you drive on road?

Yes.

Hint: drive cautiously!

0ab0c2387157925.jpg

The other three quests were triggered by overhearing about them from soldiers at Maxwell. Not this one. You apparently have to exit camp and drive north.

Here's a map of 3 side quests for Maxwell scouting mission. Add the Abandoned Battlefield quest at Mike-26 which is available later.

c59a42390809050.jpg

Edited by OMAC
  • Like 1

Do you remember what was your starting position out of Maxwell? I'm replaying the campaign and no luck with Abandoned Battlefield. However, your screenshot is at night, so you completed all 3 missions after Blackfoot Down? I still have Wet Work to do.

I think I started on road east, or perhaps south, of Maxwell. And Abandoned Battlefield only appeared after all missions were complete except Tipping Point. So finish Wet Work and then see if you can get AB to fire up.

Alright, I got it. It seems to appear after Crossing Paths mission. I wonder now if there is any more scouting missions like this if you explore across the island.

I haven't found any, just the 4. I even drove all the way up to Rogain, and found nothing. I got killed by an enemy Strider on road near Rogain, coming from direction of Kamino.

I just got Abandoned Battlefield at Air Station Mike. Clearing the base of the deployed troops wasn't too hard, but I got hit by a sneaky enemy prone in the most ridiculous position!

I noticed there is A LOT of supplies at this mission (won't be specific, but search in and out, there's more than there looks), WAY too much for a Backpack and every maybe the ATV.

What I want to know is: When you succeed the mission, do you have to loot everything? Or does all the good stuff get warped back to Maxwell on the win scenario?

Don't worry about looting. Just take what you can and RTB Maxwell. The whole episode is almost over, and more equipment doesn't help for Tipping Point anyway.

What I want to know is: When you succeed the mission, do you have to loot everything? Or does all the good stuff get warped back to Maxwell on the win scenario?

Only the equipment that you have in your uniform/vest/backpack and whatever you have packed inside the vehicle get transferred to the armoury. You can however go back to Maxwell to drop off your gear and head back out again to salvage the stuff that you didn't collect the first time as many times as you want.

However stockpiling stuff during Survive is pointless in general. You already get supplied with everything that you need in the armoury for the storyline missions, and all of the other missions besides Death Valley are a cakewalk with the default loadouts.

Guys if u search the dead bodies in the area where the supply truck got destroyed on crossing paths,u can get a AT launcher (it's a lock on type) with 3 missles,1 loaded and 2 in the dead bodies backpack or on the ground where u found the launcher or dead body with the launcher,I suggest loading a remove stamina mod for that mission ,cuz ull probably end up over burdened or have a very small amount of stamina