bravo93

British Army - Multi-Terrain Pattern (MTP) Uniforms

image3.jpg

British Army MTP Uniforms - version 1.1

About

I originally created this addon for my Arma 3 community but after a couple of requests I decided I'd release it publicly once finished. The addon add's MTP uniforms similar to the standard issue uniforms of the British Army. Included is 5 variants, a uniforms with sleeves rolled up, uniforms with sleeves rolled down. Brown and Tan T-shirt's with MTP trousers and Medic Uniforms. (All versions (except the T-Shirts) are equipped with the standard issue Oakley gloves. There are 10 variations of each uniform. Included units are listed below with the intention of more elements being added in the future. Note: this addon doesn't include stuff like body armour and helmets. For this I highly recommend StalkerGB's British Infantry mod ( http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22548 ).

Images

http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q615/babyhitman2/arma32014-04-1418-40-37-83.png

http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q615/babyhitman2/image3.jpg

http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q615/babyhitman2/image2.jpg

http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q615/babyhitman2/image1.jpg

http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q615/babyhitman2/arma32014-05-2901-51-19-99.png

Changelog

-Added additional T-Shirt uniforms (Brown and Tan).

-Added Medic uniform

-Removed dependency for SP_Pack (may add additional uniforms in a separate PBO that require SP Pack at a later date).

-Removed many image files that we're duplicates or not being used at all.

-Fixed thermal signatures for units.

-Fixed a couple of RPT errors.

-Added uniforms with DZ Flashes of various different units in the British Army and RAF. (More will be added for version 1.2).

DZ Flashes:

-1Para

-2Para

-3Para

-4Para

-16 Air Assault Brigade HQ

-16 Close Support Medical Regiment

-D Sqn Household Cavalry Regiment

-216 Parachute Signals Squadron

-7 Royal Horse Artillery

-No. 2 Squadron RAF Regiment

(more to follow)

Known issues:

- Parachute wings badge mirrors itself on both arms on the uniforms with rolled up sleeves.

- A couple of the 'units' don't spawn with the right clothes and one doesn't spawn at all, recommend simply adding uniforms to unit's/ammo-boxes already placed down.

Future plans: Add more uniform types such as T-shirts, coats and versions without gloves etc. Also planning to add face camouflage, hats and even some rather patriotic tattoos.

Credits & Thanks:

- Craig (author of SP Pack) for allowing me to use some things from his UK Pack.

- antoineflemming for allowing me to edit one of his camouflage textures.

- 16AA community for extensive testing. ( http://www.16aa.net/ )

- BI Forum members for their useful feedback/information.

- Bohemia Interactive for the wonderful game.

Requirements:

- none

Recommended:

- StalkerGB's British Infantry ( http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22548 )

Download Link

http://www.mediafire.com/download/72czhud3gw77yil/MTP_Pack.zip

Edited by Bravo93

Shame i don't really play ArmA anymore, would totally use these on a regular basis, thumbs up!

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@mtp_pack.png

@ Bravo93;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

are you going to do more regiments ? also can i get classnames pls

Classnames in first post :)

Edited by Bravo93

Literally just made an account to ask where's the love for the Royal Engineers?

23 Engr Rgt. (Air Assault) would make a fine addition!

Also what is the actual dependency for the SP pack? These uniforms are great, but it's a bit of a ballache to install SP pack as well, especially as it's broken on playwithSix at the moment.

Also what is the actual dependency for the SP pack? These uniforms are great, but it's a bit of a ballache to install SP pack as well, especially as it's broken on playwithSix at the moment.

It uses the models from SP pack. At the moment I could've linked them to the BIS ones but Craig's importing quite a bit of stuff from A2 as well as making his own stuff etc which I'm planning on reskinning for this mod (basically gives me more content for future), so that's why SP pack is needed. I'm working on condensing the whole pack a bit. At the moment it's massively inefficient. There's currently a separate 2048/2048 texture for each variant when it's basically just a couple of decals on the arms that are different for each unit. I'm going to try and change that though. As for 23 Engineer's, that along with just about every other element will be included in the future version. I'm trying to make the addon more efficient before I do that though as under the current structure it would end up at like 1GB just from all the textures :)

I'm actually planning on making this a kind of British Military clothing mod in general. I've got plans for Arctic coveralls, vests, berets, coats, , helmets, t-shirts and all sorts. If I can find a 3D modeller somewhere we may end up binning the SP pack all together and becoming standalone.

Note to all: There's been a couple of requests for Royal Marine, Engineers, RAF Regiment versions of the uniforms etc. Until I sort out a more efficient addon containing all the variants I'm very happy to make any versions you request and post up a pbo here containing just the uniform you're asking for. (will be a kind of stop-gap so no need to post on armaholic etc).

Edited by Bravo93

You could always find the SP Pack here I think.

It uses the models from SP pack. At the moment I could've linked them to the BIS ones but Craig's importing quite a bit of stuff from A2 as well as making his own stuff etc which I'm planning on reskinning for this mod (basically gives me more content for future), so that's why SP pack is needed. I'm working on condensing the whole pack a bit. At the moment it's massively inefficient. There's currently a separate 2048/2048 texture for each variant when it's basically just a couple of decals on the arms that are different for each unit. I'm going to try and change that though. As for 23 Engineer's, that along with just about every other element will be included in the future version. I'm trying to make the addon more efficient before I do that though as under the current structure it would end up at like 1GB just from all the textures :)

I'm actually planning on making this a kind of British Military clothing mod in general. I've got plans for Arctic coveralls, vests, berets, coats, , helmets, t-shirts and all sorts. If I can find a 3D modeller somewhere we may end up binning the SP pack all together and becoming standalone.

Note to all: There's been a couple of requests for Royal Marine, Engineers, RAF Regiment versions of the uniforms etc. Until I sort out a more efficient addon containing all the variants I'm very happy to make any versions you request and post up a pbo here containing just the uniform you're asking for. (will be a kind of stop-gap so no need to post on armaholic etc).

Sounds cracking, I'd love to help out but I fear I wouldn't be much use in the modelling dep.

I wonder if there's some sort of method of isolating the DZ/TacRef Flashes and then changing between those depending on the unit selection, whilst using the base uniform for each one. I feel like it'd be somehow possible with the modular clothing system, though I'm sure if it is it'll be a hassle to sort out.

Project: UK Forces did exactly that back in OFP using hiddenselections.

Could you make a PWRR and RE one please love the addons models and textures are brill

Could you make a PWRR and RE one please love the addons models and textures are brill

Your wish is my command. Well when I get home ;)

Hi How do I use stalkergb's helmets and body armour with these ?

Cheers

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

Don't worry sorted it - found the classnames in his release thread

Update

Last few days I've been busy removing the dependencies for the SP Pack as well as cleaning up the mod in general. My unit have found SP pack to be spamming RPT errors as well. I actually got to a stage where I completely removed the dependencies, added numerous other unit patches (including those requested above) and even managed to add some T shirts and coats to the mod. Unfortunately earlier today I shutdown my PC and it then decided it wasn't going to boot up windows so I've been unable to get onto my PC to do any more work on this. I've got a guy coming around to try fix it tomorrow and I've been assured the actual data on the harddrive is safe so worst case scenario I'll have to buy a new PC and transfer the data over, best case I'll be able to carry on working on that PC and the updated addon should be available in the next few days. Thanks for your patience and support :)

Update

My PC hasn't been fixed yet so I've been working on the laptop when I've had some free time. Everything goes super slow on the laptop as well which doesn't help. Anyway got to the stage where I feel I've done enough improvements and additions to release an update. (my first ever!!! As I said before, I've completely removed the dependencies for SP Pack and I've also added some additional T-Shirt uniforms. Which you can see below:

http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q615/babyhitman2/arma32014-05-2901-51-19-99.png

Just have to tidy stuff up a little bit and I'll stick the update up here once ready :) Shouldn't be too long.

As for the future, there's soooo much stuff I want to add. I have my eyes on some units made by another mod team which are very nice and would also give uniforms without gloves, rolled up sleeves and knee-pads. (Just about everything I'd like). I'll likely message them tomorrow sometime asking for permissions. I'm also planning on sticking the MTP camo on some more BIS models. And I'm even planning on doing some face camouflage. Beyond that the mod may even broaden out a bit and include other British military uniforms such as Arctic coveralls and if I get really ambitious the famous redcoats. That's all a long way off though.

UPDATE

image3.jpg

British Army MTP Uniforms - version 1.1

About

I originally created this addon for my Arma 3 community but after a couple of requests I decided I'd release it publicly once finished. The addon add's MTP uniforms similar to the standard issue uniforms of the British Army. Included is 5 variants, a uniforms with sleeves rolled up, uniforms with sleeves rolled down. Brown and Tan T-shirt's with MTP trousers and Medic Uniforms. (All versions (except the T-Shirts) are equipped with the standard issue Oakley gloves. There are 10 variations of each uniform. Included units are listed below with the intention of more elements being added in the future. Note: this addon doesn't include stuff like body armour and helmets. For this I highly recommend StalkerGB's British Infantry mod ( http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22548 ).

Images

http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q615/babyhitman2/arma32014-04-1418-40-37-83.png

http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q615/babyhitman2/image3.jpg

http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q615/babyhitman2/image2.jpg

http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q615/babyhitman2/image1.jpg

Changelog

-Added additional T-Shirt uniforms (Brown and Tan).

-Added Medic uniform

-Removed dependency for SP_Pack (may add additional uniforms in a separate PBO that require SP Pack at a later date).

-Removed many image files that we're duplicates or not being used at all.

-Fixed thermal signatures for units.

-Fixed a couple of RPT errors.

-Added uniforms with DZ Flashes of various different units in the British Army and RAF. (More will be added for version 1.2).

DZ Flashes:

-1Para

-2Para

-3Para

-4Para

-16 Air Assault Brigade HQ

-16 Close Support Medical Regiment

-D Sqn Household Cavalry Regiment

-216 Parachute Signals Squadron

-7 Royal Horse Artillery

-No. 2 Squadron RAF Regiment

(more to follow)

Classnames

Simply put "This adduniform "**pick from below**" in a unit/ammobox's init line.

e.g. This adduniform "UK_2010_MultiTerrain_1Para_FieldUniform1";

1 Para

"UK_2010_MultiTerrain_1Para_FieldUniform1"

"UK_2010_MultiTerrain_1Para_FieldUniform2"

"UK_2010_MultiTerrain_1Para_FieldUniform1_SS"

"UK_2010_MultiTerrain_1Para_FieldUniform2_SS"

2 Para

"UK_2010_MultiTerrain_2Para_FieldUniform1"

"UK_2010_MultiTerrain_2Para_FieldUniform2"

"UK_2010_MultiTerrain_2Para_FieldUniform1_SS"

"UK_2010_MultiTerrain_2Para_FieldUniform2_SS"

3 Para

"UK_2010_MultiTerrain_3Para_FieldUniform1"

"UK_2010_MultiTerrain_3Para_FieldUniform2"

"UK_2010_MultiTerrain_3Para_FieldUniform1_SS"

"UK_2010_MultiTerrain_3Para_FieldUniform2_SS"

4 Para

"UK_2010_MultiTerrain_4Para_FieldUniform1"

"UK_2010_MultiTerrain_4Para_FieldUniform2"

"UK_2010_MultiTerrain_4Para_FieldUniform1_SS"

"UK_2010_MultiTerrain_4Para_FieldUniform2_SS"

16AA Brigade HQ

"UK_2010_MultiTerrain_Bde_HQ_FieldUniform1"

"UK_2010_MultiTerrain_Bde_HQ_FieldUniform2"

"UK_2010_MultiTerrain_Bde_HQ_FieldUniform1_SS"

"UK_2010_MultiTerrain_Bde_HQ_FieldUniform2_SS"

7 Royal Horse Artillery

"UK_2010_MultiTerrain_7RHA_FieldUniform1"

"UK_2010_MultiTerrain_7RHA_FieldUniform2"

"UK_2010_MultiTerrain_7RHA_FieldUniform1_SS"

"UK_2010_MultiTerrain_7RHA_FieldUniform2_SS"

216 Parachute Signals Squadron

"UK_2010_MultiTerrain_FST_FieldUniform1"

"UK_2010_MultiTerrain_FST_FieldUniform2"

"UK_2010_MultiTerrain_FST_FieldUniform1_SS"

"UK_2010_MultiTerrain_FST_FieldUniform2_SS"

16 Close Support Medical Regiment

"UK_2010_MultiTerrain_16CSMR_FieldUniform1"

"UK_2010_MultiTerrain_16CSMR_FieldUniform2"

"UK_2010_MultiTerrain_16CSMR_FieldUniform1_SS"

"UK_2010_MultiTerrain_16CSMR_FieldUniform2_SS"

D Sqn Household Cavalry Regiment

"UK_2010_MultiTerrain_DSqn_FieldUniform1"

"UK_2010_MultiTerrain_DSqn_FieldUniform2"

"UK_2010_MultiTerrain_DSqn_FieldUniform1_SS"

"UK_2010_MultiTerrain_DSqn_FieldUniform2_SS"

No. 2 Squadron RAF Regiment

"UK_2010_MultiTerrain_RAF_FieldUniform1"

"UK_2010_MultiTerrain_RAF_FieldUniform2"

"UK_2010_MultiTerrain_RAF_FieldUniform1_SS"

"UK_2010_MultiTerrain_RAF_FieldUniform2_SS"

T-Shirts (Brown and Tan)

"UK_2010_MultiTerrain_TShirt_Brown"

"UK_2010_MultiTerrain_TShirt_Tan"

Known issues:

- Parachute wings badge mirrors itself on both arms on the uniforms with rolled up sleeves.

- A couple of the 'units' don't spawn with the right clothes and one doesn't spawn at all, recommend simply adding uniforms to unit's/ammo-boxes already placed down.

Future plans: Add more uniform types such as T-shirts, coats and versions without gloves etc. Also planning to add face camouflage, hats and even some rather patriotic tattoos.

Credits & Thanks:

- Craig (author of SP Pack) for allowing me to use some things from his UK Pack.

- antoineflemming for allowing me to edit one of his camouflage textures.

- 16AA community for extensive testing.

- Bohemia Interactive for the wonderful game.

Requirements:

- none

Recommended:

- StalkerGB's British Infantry ( http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22548 )

Download Link

http://www.mediafire.com/download/72czhud3gw77yil/MTP_Pack.zip

Edited by Bravo93

Nice work Bravo - I have the Royal Marine Patch textures we use for our uniforms at 42 Commando if you want them?

Nice work Bravo - I have the Royal Marine Patch textures we use for our uniforms at 42 Commando if you want them?

Royal Marines...how have I not made a version for them.. Yeah sure if you send that over I'll make sure it goes in 1.2 :)

That reminds me, I have no problems with people opening up the uniforms and adding additional patches for their group/clan. I'd prefer any edits are kept within the clan/group though. Of course all the uniforms come in separate non-dependant folders so feel free to delete the uniforms you don't want to save file size. Eventually I'll have pretty much every unit in here.

On the topic of Royal Marines..one thing I'm planning on adding is those white winter coveralls they use when training in Norway.

Edited by Bravo93

I'm at work right now but I'll PM you when I'm home. These aren't edits of yours so sorry for that confusion. You can have my beret texture too if you like? Here are some pics in the mean time.

rsz_1107410_screenshots_2014_05_25_00011.jpg

rsz_falklands_stlye.jpg

Just so you know, the 3Cdo Bde TRF is worn on the left sleeve these days, rather than the right.

Reference arctic kit, a version with cam white trousers and an MTP jacket would be mega.

The units are looking very nice though Bravo, and the versions with t-shirts in place of the UBACS are a nice addition.

Ah Redders at least there is someone else who knows his stuff - the dagger is already just on the left sleeve. This was taken when I had a different dagger on each to see which looked better. Agreed on the Arctic kit, 42 would definitely use that with some of the awesome snowy maps from A3MP/ A2.