Sign in to follow this  
stormhawkv

Field Manual - Weapons Info: Titan MPRL

I never read the field manual until it was copied to the Community Wiki, but doing so could have made me try to load the Titan MPRL with AT missiles, which isn't possible. Or is it? In my opinion the description is misleading. What do you think?

Well something might have changed but I know for certain in the earlier versions you could load AA or AT. It has to be the FULL SIZE Launcher, NOT THE COMPACT.

The full length AA launcher with a hexagonal tube loads AA missiles only and the Compact has a squared tube and loads AT and AP rounds only.

It makes sense for the Compact to not be able to load AA, but it doesn't make sense that the full size launcher can't load AT/AP considering the missiles are essentially the same size. It's also shame that the Compact has SACLOS and NLOS but can't do a top-attack.

Edited by drebin052
bloody typos

The full length AA launcher with a hexagonal tube loads AA missiles only and the Compact has a squared tube and loads AT and AP rounds only.

It makes sense for the Compact to not be able to load AA, but it doesn't make sense that the full size launcher can't load AT/AP considering the missiles are essentially the same size. It's also shame that the Compact has SACLOS and NLOS but can't do a top-attack.

Ah, I guess I got it backwards.

I could have sworn it was the other way around in the Alpha....heck I don't even remember seeing the AP missiles until recently. I usually just pick up a new lancher, haha

Ah, I guess I got it backwards.

I could have sworn it was the other way around in the Alpha...

You got it mixed up with the RPG-42. It used to have various guided ammo like AT and AA for testing purposes as Titan wasn't available. Titan appeared in the Beta and it behaved as it does now.

The only way to do a "top attack" is to lock onto the target, raise the tube up and it will come from a generally top attack angle.

The only way to do a "top attack" is to lock onto the target, raise the tube up and it will come from a generally top attack angle.

A proper top-attack mode that the Spike (Titan) can do in real life would be preferable since this doesn't always work when you lock onto targets that are beyond 1000m or just behind the top of a hill.

Compact Titan has a turning radius of about 150m, so in theory you could do a perfect top attack by launching the missile straight up from 300m to target.

Also it's very effective in very close ranges:

:D

A proper top-attack mode that the Spike (Titan) can

the titan is never a spike ^^ in a spike you see the target from the rocket cam not from the start - and you have a tal threepod ;)