Sign in to follow this  
CaptainAzimuth

Possible High-Quality Helicopters for Selection - STRICT Selection

Wheeled vehicles do stick to the surface when moving the ship, however their suspension is overdone when the ship is encountering waves making it look unnatural.

BIS is hesitant to the investigation of the Naval sector of the Armaverse... But if you guys want to see something that could benefit the community, and the future tech of Naval, and Air Utility in the Armaverse, you might want to check out this link.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170227-AttachToWithMovement-Walkable-Vehicle-Interriors-and-Exterirors

This could really change alot of things, in good ways. But besides that, if you want to further talk of surfaces, and how they can be improved, or walkable interiors of aircraft, post it there. :cool:

As you can imagine from my previous post I like this idea, however after further examination of this imagehttp://www.karemaircraft.com/images/TransportSizes_TR75_Brochure.png I believe there could be a "small" problem with this bird being the NATO heavy lift helo.

By "small" problem I mean that the TR75 or whatever its called is ridiculously large compared to the CH-47 in the size comparison chart. My issue with that is that it would most likely be too large to be practical in the assault transport role, a role which the current H-47/H-53 series aircraft regularly find themselves being used for. Then again if BIS did use this aircraft but as a replacement for the C-130 instead, as well as supplementing it with a slightly smaller and more manageable Heavy/Medium transport helo like the CV-22 or NH-90 I'd be all about it;)

Also not specific to just heavy lifters but for the helos in general, I can not stress enough that we seriously need more door guns! Pretty much every frontline helo in the US inventory mounts defensive armament when conducting combat operations. While I could "almost" understand that CSAT might not have any air assault or counter insurgency experience thus failing to understand the importance of transports being able to suppress enemy ground forces during landings and extractions, assuming that they have no ability what so ever to learn from the mistakes of others that is:confused:, but surely after several years of civil war the AAF would have realized and remedied this problem so there is no excuse for their transport aircraft not to be mounting armament. Something I really hope we see fixed in the future or at least not repeated with the new aircraft. Not to mention it would mean more gunner positions for us to play with:cool:

Edited by Odie0351

@Odie0351: Total agree, BUT: The capabilities of enemy surpression is quite useless except you play PvP/TvT. I myself would run like hell, if a hostile helo drops in pointing 3 miniguns in my direction, but AI? No way, AI just starts throwing stones (aka 5,56/6,5 ammunition) at that thingy and render it wasted in less then a minute, wearing a camo vest with a "not impressed"-slogan :annoy:

@Odie0351: Total agree, BUT: The capabilities of enemy surpression is quite useless except you play PvP/TvT. I myself would run like hell, if a hostile helo drops in pointing 3 miniguns in my direction, but AI? No way, AI just starts throwing stones (aka 5,56/6,5 ammunition) at that thingy and render it wasted in less then a minute, wearing a camo vest with a "not impressed"-slogan :annoy:

Maybe all the AI are hard wired Special Forces operatives... because when a heli drops in to take me out, i usually calm my nerves and kill the gunner before he can kill me. Than again, it depends. A bit off topic, I think there's a slight chance of an Armed version of the Mohawk being implemented later down the road, as there is a gunnery version of it IRL, just to remedy your suggestions.

Maybe all the AI are hard wired Special Forces operatives... because when a heli drops in to take me out, i usually calm my nerves and kill the gunner before he can kill me. Than again, it depends. A bit off topic, I think there's a slight chance of an Armed version of the Mohawk being implemented later down the road, as there is a gunnery version of it IRL, just to remedy your suggestions.

An armed Mohawk variant is also mentioned in the vehicle info in game so here's hoping:o

Along with my gripe about Swift's bird, the MI-26 could possibly have the same problem of being a little to big to pull off the assault transport role. Maybe I'm just underestimating its maneuverability but the more I think about it the more I have a hard time seeing a Halo coming into a hot LZ or holding a hover over a building while SF types fast rope from it. So maybe something a little bit smaller would be a good choice for CSAT as well.

An armed Mohawk variant is also mentioned in the vehicle info in game so here's hoping:o

Along with my gripe about Swift's bird, the MI-26 could possibly have the same problem of being a little to big to pull off the assault transport role. Maybe I'm just underestimating its maneuverability but the more I think about it the more I have a hard time seeing a Halo coming into a hot LZ or holding a hover over a building while SF types fast rope from it. So maybe something a little bit smaller would be a good choice for CSAT as well.

What about the Mil Mi-8/17MTV?

http://www.pprune.org/rotorheads/386884-dodgy-russian-chopper-salisbury-plain.html

As you can imagine from my previous post I like this idea, however after further examination of this imagehttp://www.karemaircraft.com/images/TransportSizes_TR75_Brochure.png I believe there could be a "small" problem with this bird being the NATO heavy lift helo.

By "small" problem I mean that the TR75 or whatever its called is ridiculously large compared to the CH-47 in the size comparison chart. My issue with that is that it would most likely be too large to be practical in the assault transport role, a role which the current H-47/H-53 series aircraft regularly find themselves being used for. Then again if BIS did use this aircraft but as a replacement for the C-130 instead, as well as supplementing it with a slightly smaller and more manageable Heavy/Medium transport helo like the CV-22 or NH-90 I'd be all about it;)

Actually there was another smaller version too called TR36 with a 36 foot rotor diameter. I agree BIS should implement a vehicle similar in size to the MV-22 too.

On the CSAT front this should be quite fitting: http://chinesemilitaryreview.blogspot.se/2013/09/chinese-blue-whale-quad-rotor-vertical.html

Back to the Civilians, here is a video that shows an interesting feature that would be nice to have implemented in the new flight model, as well as showing off a possible high quality choice for the civilians. Taxing on the tarmac would make for a better sense of realism, and immersion. Would be great to have with all the Helicopters.

Back to the Civilians, here is a video that shows an interesting feature that would be nice to have implemented in the new flight model, as well as showing off a possible high quality choice for the civilians. Taxing on the tarmac would make for a better sense of realism, and immersion. Would be great to have with all the Helicopters.

Yeah being able to taxi would be pretty sweet, and I would love to see that aircraft in game. I can see it now, private helicopter, police, air ambulance, coast guard SAR... OHH the possibilities! Would also make a pretty good medium transport for the AAF. I know its cousin the Dauphin/Panther series has some decent multirole capabilities, so maybe with a little imagination we could even see a Antitank variant of some sort?

The main limitation I would think would be both the current FDM -- I dunno if RotorLib FDM would change that -- and the fact that the game does seem to treat "lift off" as the norm in a way where auto-hover (as used by helos vs. as used by fixed-wing VTOL/STOVL) wouldn't help.

The main limitation I would think would be both the current FDM -- I dunno if RotorLib FDM would change that -- and the fact that the game does seem to treat "lift off" as the norm in a way where auto-hover (as used by helos vs. as used by fixed-wing VTOL/STOVL) wouldn't help.

I can see where your going with this, and all is very true. I thought of a way to have Auto Hover as a way to take off regularly vertical, and having Auto Hover off would allow for Taxing/Take off. However, since the flight model's been made the way it is, and the helicopters, i can almost guarantee we wont be seeing Taxiing unless they change the main rotor models off all the Helicopters as well. They are all flay straight up instead of leaning forward like in the video.

---------- Post added at 13:47 ---------- Previous post was at 13:42 ----------

Yeah being able to taxi would be pretty sweet, and I would love to see that aircraft in game. I can see it now, private helicopter, police, air ambulance, coast guard SAR... OHH the possibilities! Would also make a pretty good medium transport for the AAF. I know its cousin the Dauphin/Panther series has some decent multirole capabilities, so maybe with a little imagination we could even see a Antitank variant of some sort?

Yeah, the Dauphin is an amazing helicopter. I'f im not mistaken, the Chinease used that design in their Medium Attack HELO. So i wouldn't dought the possability of some kind of armed version. Here is a simplified sketch up of teh EC-155.

466px-Eurocopter_EC155_orthographical_image.svg.png

Not the best sketch up as you can probably tell the Rotor is straight when it's curved due to gravity in real life.

Heres a nicely High Detailed front picture in flight. Notice, it's also got retractable landing gear. VERY nice feature.

EC155.jpg

Some more pics, military and non military...

BGS_05_EC_155_Seilwindenvorfuehrung.jpg

(VIP interior, SWEET!!!)

http://blog.bbdc.net/fr/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/helicoptere_eurocopter_ec155_etude_006.jpg (242 kB)

EC-155-B.JPG

(IR Pods)

EC155-Police-400x285.jpg

http://chivethebrigade.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/ec-155-hh-65-92-10.jpg (175 kB)

Foto2TNIALPanther..jpg

4340619393_947213c90a.jpg

Cockpit, very nice.

ec155-gallery-571316-4-s-307x512.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/24/US_Navy_031101-N-8955H-002_Landing_Signalman_Enlisted_(LSE)_Boatswain%5Ersquo,s_Mate_1st_Class_Joseph_Mullen,_from_Seattle,_Wash.,_signals_an_EC-155_Dauphin_helicopter_from_the_Hong_Kong_Government_Flying_Service_to_depart_the_sh.jpg (672 kB)

http://www.eurocopter.in/images/blownup/AS365-N3+-in-SAR-role.jpg (147 kB)

nagoya_as365n2_c_copyright_eurocopter_japan_chikako_hirano.jpg?itok=90ROkDcE

Yeah i know, overload. This thing can carry alot of payload, and can overly satisfy a ton of different needs. This is like the perfect helicopter.

Edited by DarkSideSixOfficial

Maybe not quite enough to make any new speculations on, but I figured I'd use it as an excuse to revive an old thread anyway

That is, of course, valid only for helicopters with the applicable undercarriage: AH-99 Blackfoot, UH-80 Ghost Hawk and CH-49 Mohawk. And, okay, maybe we can tease some more - one of our new helicopters will have retractable gear, too

^From today's OPREP

Suppose there's still a hundred possibilities in regards to the retractable gear equipped bird but what about the other? Any ideas as to what aircraft could fit the heavy lift role that has fixed wheels...or skids?

Edited by Odie0351

CH-47, Mi-26, CH-53, S-64, are just a few that come to mind....but who says they are entirerly real helicopters? ;)

CH-47, Mi-26, CH-53, S-64, are just a few that come to mind....but who says they are entirerly real helicopters? ;)

The CH53 would be really cool, but something tells me that the blufor is gonna be a CH47 modified.

On the OPFOR side I'm a bit in the dark. The Mi8 and the M26 are the ones usually used for cargo ( being the Mi8 the closest equivalent to the CH47, so the most probable ).

Have they already announced how many new helos they're gonna add?

We didn't really have any information about the DLC (apart the firing from vehicle and sling loads).

CH53K would be awesome and could fit in the armaverse. I don't really mind if the quality and utility are both there.

And, okay, maybe we can tease some more - one of our new helicopters will have retractable gear, too.

Source: Oprep

We didn't really have any information about the DLC (apart the firing from vehicle and sling loads).

CH53K would be awesome and could fit in the armaverse. I don't really mind if the quality and utility are both there.

Well if they don't go for the kilo then there is still a chance it could happen.

Going with the future theme :-

Go_go_gadget_copter_by_bonjourmonami.jpg

>2035

>not having multipurpose rotary wing hat

Don't give the devs weird ideas please. :D

Going to say the CH-53K modern version with door gunner and carrying more load for NATO and a pumped up "future" Sikorsky Sky Crane for all your lift needs.

For Iran / CSAT, I'd say Eurocopter Fennec based chopper to replace the Bell choppers in current use in Iran, and Ka-32A11BC for lift needs.

For AAF, I'd say AgustaWestland AW10 (modernized, of course) and Mil Mi-6 "Hook"

If anyone can improve this with attack choppers, it'd be appreciated.

I'd like criticism on my ideas and feedback. I'm also not sure for FIA, I'd say some stolen AAF vehicles or some guerrila imported shit? Not sure

Edited by apdapreturns

There was a previous mention of two "heavy transport" helicopters, but NodUnit's suggestions would seem to fit the bill if they've also got retractable gear.

For Iran / CSAT, I'd say Eurocopter Fennec based chopper to replace the Bell choppers in current use in Iran, and Ka-32A11BC for lift needs.

For AAF, I'd say AgustaWestland AW10 (modernized, of course) and Mil Mi-6 "Hook"

If anyone can improve this with attack choppers, it'd be appreciated.

I'd like criticism on my ideas and feedback. I'm also not sure for FIA, I'd say some stolen AAF vehicles or some guerrila imported shit? Not sure

Uhm the CSAT uses mainly Russian based equipment, so its extremely unlikely that they will use a Eurocopter Fennec and the Ka-32A11BC is a navy light helicopter, so it's unlikely to be used to lift anything.

The AAF already has a AW10 ( a bit mixed with the NH90 ), and they use EU equipment ( so its unlikely that they would use a Russian helo ).

I don't believe the FIA it's gonna get any helo, in fact I don't even believe the devs are gonna add an AAF one, as for a really little island country their needs are practically covered.

Uhm the CSAT uses mainly Russian based equipment, so its extremely unlikely that they will use a Eurocopter Fennec and the Ka-32A11BC is a navy light helicopter, so it's unlikely to be used to lift anything.

The AAF already has a AW10 ( a bit mixed with the NH90 ), and they use EU equipment ( so its unlikely that they would use a Russian helo ).

I don't believe the FIA it's gonna get any helo, in fact I don't even believe the devs are gonna add an AAF one, as for a really little island country their needs are practically covered.

Sorry, I don't know about anything really haha.. I found a object lifting advertisement and they used the Ka-32A11BC