Sign in to follow this  
CaptainAzimuth

Possible High-Quality Helicopters for Selection - STRICT Selection

The CH 53 is not solely used by the USMC.

Id love to see Boings quad tiltrotor in game which would give NATO both a heavy rotor and a heavy transport aircraft in lieu of the C130.

However i doubt that would really factor in sling loading which seems to be a key component of the proposed DLC.

(although ARMA3 would be a lot cooler if explosions actually ripped vehicles apart instead of just making a burning husk)

offtopic: the hardest part to mod this in would be to remake the model as I understand A3s source are not available and break it apart. deleting the wreck and spawning those fragments should be doable (disclaimer: i have no experience in this)

Sent from mobile

The CH 53 is not solely used by the USMC.

Your right there but the only other nations that use the stallion in any real numbers are Germany and Israel. It wouldn't really make sense for the Germans to be providing the only heavy lift capabilities for the NATO task force in game as there are plenty of American options that would fit just as well and it would be the only German asset in game. And Israel isn't an in-game faction right now. As far as the Stallion being used by other branches of the US military goes, the Air Force has already phased out all of their Pave lows and replaced them with CV-22's so no go there, and the Navy's are rarely if ever used as an transport outside of humanitarian aid stuff. The Navy and Marine Corps are the sole users of the E model Super Stallion so that ones a no go for me as well.

I agree that the Quad Rotor would look awesome in game, it could fill the role of a heavy lift helo and fixed wing transport. If they decided that they didn't want to continue with the futuristic or cancelled project route I'd like to see the CV-22 get used for NATO. Its only been in service a few years so there is no reason to think it will be out of service by 2035.

Ka29 for Opfor medium transport:

http://www.rusarmy.com/photo/avia0/vertoleti/ka-29/ka-29%20003.jpg

Mi26 for Opfor heavy lifter:

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/6/8/0/1515086.jpg

Ch53E Super Stallion for NATO:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cb/BLT2_2-USMC-20070402.jpg

If we get new helos might as well be something we haven't seen in game yet.

I wonder if we're ever going to get some medium sized air transports like the C130, i kind of miss airdropping stuff. :D

CH53K would be good, it's the future replacement of all the old CH53. Being introduce in 2018 (if no report), it would definitely suits into the Arma 3 future setting.

An NH-90 would fit perfectly with the NATO faction. It's new, used by NATO, and looks badass. nh90small.jpg

NH-90 and CH53K are my bets, can't quite decide what CSAT would use (maybe a KA-25 Derivative?). I also hope for a Chinook still as I love those things and not to mention how much more stable they are when hovering. (because real men do it without auto-hover!)

I'm thinking the NH-90 might be for the AAF as they already have the EH101.

I think I will be happy with any of the new helicopters they will give us to be honest, I am more looking forwards to the FM being brought in as I loved TOH.

I'm pretty sure Blufor gets a heavy-lift Helicopter, Opfor too and maybe a ultility chopper and Indepented a medium-lift Helicopter (Probably NH90)

Nato gets heavy lifter - most likely the V-22 Osprey or Chinook , the CH53 would be nice surprise but i doubt

Mohawk/Merlin is like a bigger , heavier brother of the NH90 - because NH90 is more like EU BH but more modern so the AAF already sorta have the "heavy lifter"

More interesting it will be on CSAT - there can be Mi26 , Mi38 or some other non russian heavy lift helicopter - hard to say

Edited by RobertHammer

Hoping to see Mi-26 on the Opfor side. What a beast of a machine that is.

phpzlYOjN.jpeg

Ka29 for Opfor medium transport:

http://www.rusarmy.com/photo/avia0/vertoleti/ka-29/ka-29%20003.jpg

Mi26 for Opfor heavy lifter:

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/6/8/0/1515086.jpg

Ch53E Super Stallion for NATO:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cb/BLT2_2-USMC-20070402.jpg

If we get new helos might as well be something we haven't seen in game yet.

I wonder if we're ever going to get some medium sized air transports like the C130, i kind of miss airdropping stuff. :D

All of these, well chosen. The KA-29 in general looks about perfect size, fits the faction and look of a great Heavy Loader for CSAT. OR maybe switch it up a bit, KA-29 for the AAF, and the MI-26 for CSAT. Hmmm. Ch-53E (or beter yet, K varient) is also about best choice for NATO.

Ka29 would be the obvious choice for OPFOR, AAF already has an helo with the exact same troop capacity of the Ka29 so it wouldn't have much sense to give them that as well.

It lacks however the ability to lift heavy loads so CSAT would need a dedicated vehicle for the role.

In the game of my dreams both NATO and CSAT should get a big heavy lifter like the Ch53 and the Mi26, or the Mi6 which is a bit closer to the NATO counterpart (http://www.cavok-aviation-photos.net/ukar/Mi6A_0603V.jpg) and medium helos like, as stated before, the Ka29 and something like a Ch46 (i know it's being dismissed but we have the Comanche as well so...) or an Osprey.

On top of that add an airplane lifter like the C130 for both CSAT and NATO for paradrops and such, and it's done.

Ka29 would be the obvious choice for OPFOR, AAF already has an helo with the exact same troop capacity of the Ka29 so it wouldn't have much sense to give them that as well.

It lacks however the ability to lift heavy loads so CSAT would need a dedicated vehicle for the role.

In the game of my dreams both NATO and CSAT should get a big heavy lifter like the Ch53 and the Mi26, or the Mi6 which is a bit closer to the NATO counterpart (http://www.cavok-aviation-photos.net/ukar/Mi6A_0603V.jpg) and medium helos like, as stated before, the Ka29 and something like a Ch46 (i know it's being dismissed but we have the Comanche as well so...) or an Osprey.

On top of that add an airplane lifter like the C130 for both CSAT and NATO for paradrops and such, and it's done.

Ok, so i've come to collect the most practical Helo's for each faction. One medium Utility, and one Heavy for all Factions.

The Civilian one's have already been noted. Here is what we have for the others as of now.

NATO

CV-22 Osprey (Heavy)

NH-90 (Medium)

CSAT

Mi-26 (Heavy)

Ka-29 (Medium)

AAF

Utility Version of Mohawk (Heavy)

Possible Militarized version of Medium Civilian HELO

Thoughts?

What about couger/super puma for AAF and civlians. Good meduiem lift.

super puma is a old camel ^^ for 2035 and ugly :cool:

Perhaps your right. Maybe the AAF should stick with their Mohawk, and the civilians could easily get a Non-Military variant of the Mohawk for Utility and lift, and than for Medium, the same deal with the Eurocopter Dolphin. AAF can obtain one of those and camo it, while the civilians keep their versions. Maybe one for Police, One for medical/Rescue (which would be perfect as the Civilians have a rescue boat already), and the Medium lift.

Rescue

Digit-03540_AS365N3_Pawan_Hans_490_318.jpg

AAF Version with their Camo

http://www.tapeta-eurocopter-dauphin-365n-as-marine.na-pulpit.com/zdjecia/eurocopter-dauphin-365n-as-marine.jpeg (238 kB)

For Civs i´d like to see something exotic like a Sikorsky X2 or Eurocopter X3.

Both doing 400+ is pretty damn cool.

For Civs i´d like to see something exotic like a Sikorsky X2 or Eurocopter X3.

Both doing 400+ is pretty damn cool.

Seeing as the civilians are based around AAF, the EC-X3, is probably the best of the two. I can actually see that being used for the civilian faction, however, I do believe that sling loading for that HELO would be challenging at high speeds, as well as the fact the two rotors on the wings would be something to look out for with the rope. Great find though, it looks a lot like the Dauphin with a more future and innovative design. I would love to see either of these In game.

Do we really need to go down that futuristic road? There are so many great helicopters designed while ago and are used right now and are going to be used for many years to follow.

Do we really need to go down that futuristic road? There are so many great helicopters designed while ago and are used right now and are going to be used for many years to follow.

I admit the Huey was a good HELO... But I think we can leave that puppy out of 2035. It's time to move to something more 21st Century and up. were mainly looking for HELO's that A) Exists today, or B)Are in development stage today. That is my selection range for the moment.

My signature was not ment to be a guide for choosing new helicopters to be added into A3.