SpaceNavy

The Eridanus Insurrection - An Arma 3 Total Modication

At first, I was thinking "oh sweet!" that Covenant were really confirmed. Then I felt bile in my mouth when I read it was going to take priority over everything else. Thank God it's April Fool's day.

@Devs: Will we be getting the smart scope thing? Not necessarily as a replacement for iron sights. It could activate when zooming in without aiming, and either keeps the crosshair even when crosshairs are normally disabled, or zoom in further than it would normally.

Will the M6G have it's sights raised so you can use the IS even with the scope?

What will the next update have other than chin straps on the helmets and possibly the frigate?

Not entirely sure how we can implement the Gravity Hammer. I guarantee it'll be entertaining though.

At first, I was thinking "oh sweet!" that Covenant were really confirmed. Then I felt bile in my mouth when I read it was going to take priority over everything else. Thank God it's April Fool's day.

@Devs: Will we be getting the smart scope thing? Not necessarily as a replacement for iron sights. It could activate when zooming in without aiming, and either keeps the crosshair even when crosshairs are normally disabled, or zoom in further than it would normally.

Will the M6G have it's sights raised so you can use the IS even with the scope?

What will the next update have other than chin straps on the helmets and possibly the frigate?

What Smart scopes are you talking about? The MA5 already has one, and so does the Pistol. Other weapons will get them if needed. The IS on the pistol are already fixed, so yes. And chin straps are in. So is the frigate.

How do you use the smart scopes?

Change your optic mode with Ctrl + RMB or /

Is it only for the MA5 with out ironsights?

No its with the Ammo counter attachment for the MA5 and scope attachment for the pistol.

They are just scopes. Thats what smart link is

I am aware that it is a joke of April Fool's, but I find that it's a pity to have to begin to make animations because they look cool.

I hope that you plan to make something of this Elite.

I wish I could add the Sangheili (Elite) but it is just not do-able with my skill level. If someone with more skill could put together some kind of Elite skeleton/model I would be honored to add it to the mod.

Looks like this is pretty much what you needed:

Which means you are going to add at least an Elite right? (Jackals would be nice too, after all they had contact with insurrectionists and shared their weapons).

In my view the assets considered to be the covenant arsenal (If ever) should be:

Plasma grenades, Type 25 directed energy rifle (SMG), T-55 Directed Energy Rifle/Advanced (Riflemen), Type-25 Directed Energy Pistol , Type 51 Carbine (Marksman) , Type-27 Special Application Sniper Rifle, Type-52 Guided Munitions Launcher/Explosive (AA/AT) and Type-52 Directed Energy Support Weapon (Static).

Type-55 Anti-Infantry Stationary Gun (Static)

Type-26 Anti-Air Stationary Gun (Static)

Type-26 Anti-Vehicle Stationary Gun (Static)

Melee weapons, not sure if those could work in Arma. Needler would be OP as its projectiles follow objectives. Elites would not use brute stuff.

Vehicles:

Type-47 Ultra Heavy Assault Platform (Those things are so OP but so awesome), Type-26 Ground Support Aircraft , Type-26 Assault Gun Carriage, Type-52 Anti-Aircraft Artillery, Type-51 Individual Breaching Carapace, Type-32 Rapid Assault Vehicle , Type-46 Infantry Support Vehicle, Type-29 Troop/Vehicle Transport, Type-30 Light Excavation/Anti-Fortification Platform, Type-31 Exoatmospheric Multi-role Fighter , Type-25 Troop Carrier and Type-48 Light Assault Gun Carriage.

Spirit would perform better than the phantom in arma 3. No brute vheicles unless brutes are added, but that would be massive work to do. Meanwhile I'll keep dreaming.

Edited by nightovizard

Hey everyone! SpaceNavy here.

Some of you may have already seen it, but the rumors are true!

Work on the Covenant has become a top priority above everything else. Development on all assets has halted and been switched to focus on making the entire Covenant Army!

WORT WORT WORT

Nice April Fools, Almost would've had me if I didn't see this 1st

What Smart scopes are you talking about? The MA5 already has one, and so does the Pistol. Other weapons will get them if needed. The IS on the pistol are already fixed, so yes. And chin straps are in. So is the frigate.

I think he is talking about this kind of smart scope

http://www.podtacular.com/wp-content/uploads/SmartScope-AR.jpg?w=600 (469 kB)

Why did they go through the effort of making an Elite and then just to troll us all :c!!!!!11111!!!

Why did they go through the effort of making an Elite and then just to troll us all :c!!!!!11111!!!

Just like The guys in Sins of the prophets has made the CSO available on the mod now, but It dies in a hit and is super weak. The Laughs

Got me on that April Fools there for a minute, good one. Joking aside, that Elite thing is definitely something you guys should keep working on, even if it's not included in the base TEI mod.

Aside from that, is there any way the devs could post a list of additions in the next patch in a spoiler? Assets, bug fixes, etc.

[/url]

Covenant Theme

If you enjoy it... That is your thing.

I'll be honest, not digging it at all. And I am a fan of electro too.

This is only the beginning. We are very excited to share this information with you and we can't wait to indulge your fantasies.

WORT WORT WORT

This. This is why I hate this day with such a passion.

;_; why must you tease

Currently experiencing a game-breaking bug that literally appeared out of no where. Until it can be resolved, no launch.

:( Anyone with config knowledge pls halp

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?190431-No-entry-error-FullAuto-displayName&p=2910762

EDIT: False alarm :D All it needed was some of SpaceNavy's magic touch ;) (Even though I'm the one who broke it..)

Fixed

Edited by spacenavy90

So with the frigate, Will the defense cannons fire real slow, or like machine guns as seen here

So with the frigate, Will the defense cannons fire real slow, or like machine guns as seen here

[/url]

They will fire at a similar fire rate seen in that video. But there will also be a separate fire mode where you can fire slower.

im new in this mod and have some questions (and 280 pages of reading are a LOT)

im been playing and i have some fault of the sniper rifle of halo (probaly work on progress) and a LMG (im not sure in halo are LMG never seen one)

is there a server actively playing this mod?

is can play AGM with this mod? (or is going to be compatible)

that all from now i have a huge list of questions but i forget all

(sorry for english im spanish)

im new in this mod and have some questions (and 280 pages of reading are a LOT)

im been playing and i have some fault of the sniper rifle of halo (probaly work on progress) and a LMG (im not sure in halo are LMG never seen one)

is there a server actively playing this mod?

that all from now i have a huge list of questions but i forget all

(sorry for english im spanish)

I will answer him in Spanish.

Primero de todo bienvenido, es normal que vayas perdido si eres nuevo, en este foro hay muchisima actividad.

Las armas aun no estan terminadas, aunque seguramente ya lo esten para la siguiente version, mira esta web:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-eridanus-insurrection/images/srs99-am-wip-picture#imagebox

En el filtro busca UNSC o Eridanus tanto en nombre del servidor como misiones, te apareceran unas cuantas. Te diria las IPs pero no las recuerdo.

Si tienes preguntas mirate el primer mensaje de la primera pagina, FAQ seguramente tendra las respuestas.

Un saludo.

Muchas gracias por la ayuda me esta encantando el mod un muy buen trabajo

de nuevo gracias por al menos decirme medianamente que hacer xD