SpaceNavy

The Eridanus Insurrection - An Arma 3 Total Modication

It is honestly a shame to see the mod in this state.

It looks like the mod isn't "dead" as many people think although I can't see it going any further than here. The way I see it, a certain someone had a lot of blame thrown in his direction (even though I personally feel like SpaceNavy's actions are completely justified) leading to a game of "He said it first" and so on. I have full confidence that SpaceNavy and another team will deliver another breathtaking mod sooner or later as his ambition founding TEI sparked the flames for an entire community to grow. From the looks of it TheDog and some others are already starting on another interpretation of Halo//TEI but I doubt it will have the same feel.

-fan of TEI

It is honestly a shame to see the mod in this state.

It looks like the mod isn't "dead" as many people think although I can't see it going any further than here. The way I see it, a certain someone had a lot of blame thrown in his direction (even though I personally feel like SpaceNavy's actions are completely justified) leading to a game of "He said it first" and so on. I have full confidence that SpaceNavy and another team will deliver another breathtaking mod sooner or later as his ambition founding TEI sparked the flames for an entire community to grow. From the looks of it TheDog and some others are already starting on another interpretation of Halo//TEI but I doubt it will have the same feel.

-fan of TEI

Acually you miss something and you better read the hole threat before posting something like this...

Acually you miss something and you better read the hole threat before posting something like this...

I have read the entire thread from start to finish,

I'm more or less referring to the childish reddit fights they have been having. If you disagree with me i'm cool with it, it was only my opinion that I posted.

Went away for a few days and came back to a hailstorm of bad news. Well this is depressing. =/

i have a suggestion, star wars. :'D

holy shit i was right!!! :D :D :D

Edited by FuzionFire

This is my response to the matter that has just recently been brought to my attention concerning the future of this mod.

Wow... Just wow.

I'm not sure where to even begin. I was looking forward to this mod for so long. Halo is one of my favorite stories. I fell in love with the games a long time ago, and discovered the books shortly after and was beyond hooked. Similarly I've been a huge fan of Arma for a long time now as well. When I saw that two things that I greatly enjoy were being merged, I was ecstatic. I was so excited for the release of this mod. I watched the forums on a daily (hourly at times when I could) basis. I re-read some of my favorite Halo books, listened to my favorite Halo songs and just generally immersed myself in all things Halo.

The first release was tough wait, but when it finally (FINALLY) dropped it was fantastic. The quick support and bug fixes that came out soon after were even more amazing. The support for this mod was fantastic, both from the devs and the community.

Aaaand now we are here. I don't know the full details on what happened, and I'm not sure I want to know. What I do know is that I am upset and angry. It appears to me that what happened was very childish. Some developers weren't getting along with another, so they pulled their assets in a tissy-fit ("You don't agree with me? Fine! You can't play with my toys!" Seriously? Pathetic) and are now making a new 'mod' called Operation Trebuchet.

So now, after waiting for nearly a year for a Halo mod release, we now have to wait again another unknown amount of time for a new 'team' to release a 'new' mod. Ridiculous.

Now I know its going to come up. "What have you contributed?" and "These people are making something for you, you entitled jerk!"

It goes both ways. I 'contribute' by showing my support, by downloading and playing the mod, and then advertising it by sharing videos, pictures, and stories to other people telling of my experiences. All this leads to an increased fan base and more support for the developers. If you believe me to be entitled, then you have missed my point completely.

Space:

I really liked what you were able to do in the time you had. You got a team together and developed this mod, learning as you went and you made some seriously awesome results. A lot of people got really excited for Arma 3 and your mod, and that is something I think you can appreciate. From what I understand of the situation, it seems like you got the short end of the stick which is really too bad, for both you and the community. You didn't deserve to see the mod you worked hard on get stolen out from under you like the way it seems it was. I'll be sure to keep up with your planned work for the future as I'm sure it will be similar in quality to TEI and I hope that things develop into a better situation for you for future projects.

Well I think thats it for me. Now all there is left for me to do is learn some basic modding skills so I can modify some of the little things in TEI to increase the longevity of it for my friends and I.

Reach was glassed, but the fight didn't end there.