SpaceNavy

The Eridanus Insurrection - An Arma 3 Total Modication

Believe me, I went researching through both of the existing

"sides" as you would call it, and have talked to spacenavy, Whats happened now is:

Massive Confusion about the state of the mod

Clans Either Doing - Some kind of salvage for there own purposes or dismissal of the mod

Major He said She said between Developers with various discrepencies

Enough revoked content to shut down a mod despite there still being a public version (with a heavily butchered and nonfunctional playwithsix build)

Alot of angry halo fans dissapointed that people cant get along.

I apologize for getting a bit angry but this is the last thing id like to see when i check updates on my favorite mods.

A version of the mod is continuing with the discontinued content being reused (with permission.) By TheDog and the team, watch the forums - a thread has opened but its quite barebones.

It's disappointing to hear but best of luck to both teams I am very excited to see how the two mods progress, Once the TEI team is rebuilt we may begin to see a bit of competition between the two mods which could lead to great things, again good luck to all devs, current and former! :D

It's disappointing to hear but best of luck to both teams I am very excited to see how the two mods progress, Once the TEI team is rebuilt we may begin to see a bit of competition between the two mods which could lead to great things, again good luck to all devs, current and former! :D

American capitalism at its finest really. Competition improves everything. Till people play dirty. So keep it clean people

Thats the spirit!! Now, I think we should back to talking about the mod itself before we get marked for spam.

Believe me, I went researching through both of the existing

"sides" as you would call it, and have talked to spacenavy, Whats happened now is:

Massive Confusion about the state of the mod

Clans Either Doing - Some kind of salvage for there own purposes or dismissal of the mod

Major He said She said between Developers with various discrepencies

Enough revoked content to shut down a mod despite there still being a public version (with a heavily butchered and nonfunctional playwithsix build)

Alot of angry halo fans dissapointed that people cant get along.

I apologize for getting a bit angry but this is the last thing id like to see when i check updates on my favorite mods.

After reading the last 15 pages or so it seems like at least 90% of the TEI team (or more?) disagreed with whatever spacenavy was doing, or saying, or how he was acting. Specifics haven't been posted, they'll probably never be posted, and they should never be posted. What does need to happen is everybody not connected to this mod who is bitching and accusing and complaining and insulting needs to stop, and they need to stop right now. Nobody owes you anything. They could have all (spacenavy included) suddenly decided to never touch ArmA again and remove all the download links, and there's not a damn thing you could do about it. Whatever happens within their team and with their mod is between them, and them alone. Throwing a godsdamned hissy fit because you don't want to see this, or because you demand they stay together for your sake, or because you feel they owe the community a HALO mod, is nothing but an idiotic, stupid, and completely frakking stuck-up thing to do. Jesus. Grow the hell up people. If the majority of a mod team have an issue with a member of that mod team, then it stands to reason that it's not all bullshit or drama or normal crap. Whatever their reason for splitting, logic points to it being a valid reason. Acting like a child that's just had it's toys (or the promise of future toys) taken away will get you nowhere, and talking shit about devs (or anybody else) doesn't really end well for people in these forums.

I will leave you with a few quotes to meditate on.

“...when two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.†― Richard Dawkins
“You always own the option of having no opinion. There is never any need to get worked up or to trouble your soul about things you can't control. These things are not asking to be judged by you. Leave them alone.†― Marcus Aurelius
“Different roads sometimes lead to the same castle.†― George R.R. Martin
“We cannot force others to behave differently if they disagree with us. But if we change what we are saying or doing, they may respond differently.†― Nabil N. Jamal

and finally, for the devs, both those that chose to leave, and spacenavy, remember this when people attack you for "breaking their favorite mod".

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.†― Neal Stephenson

The people start pulling his models from this mod and go to the a new halo project

sincerely this look actually a Sabotage in all rule

Looks like the solution is creating a new halo mod, TEI will not receive any more updates, source:

http://www.reddit.com/r/EridanusInsurrection/comments/31lvvl/priority_message_incoming/

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?190567-Operation-Trebuchet-Total-conversion-mod-for-Arma-3

Also the covenant may make an appearance:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?190585-WIP-Halo-Covenant

Edited by nightovizard

RIP The Eridanus Insurrection. Welcome Operation Trebuchet.

I've commented mod suggestions on your Facebook page buddy. Avatar, Aliens: Colonial Marines and Warhammer 40k

EDIT: There's a few photos in the reply comments for reference too.

I've commented mod suggestions on your Facebook page buddy. Avatar, Aliens: Colonial Marines and Warhammer 40k

EDIT: There's a few photos in the reply comments for reference too.

Saw them and replied on FB. They look really cool!

Too bad there wasn't a way to legally get a hold of the assets for Mass Effect. That would be awesome! Alliance vs Cerberus

Those were bugs

i download the newest version on Armaholic,is that means the version on Armaholic is not the newest?If so,where to download the newest?

Or is that means these bugs are so-called BIS' fault?

Armaholic has the latest version but as you can see this is an Alpha, there will be bugs it's part of the process

Armaholic has the latest version but as you can see this is an Alpha, there will be bugs it's part of the process

Thanks for your information,I just wanna to confirm irt.

Whats TEI 1.3.1 by the way?

No clue, wasn't anything I did.

Shame about the whole thing. Best of luck in the future projects.

Edited by Taro8

For some reason this mod started making my character be half way in the ground and arms out in a default model stance. Anyone else?

For some reason this mod started making my character be half way in the ground and arms out in a default model stance. Anyone else?

Yes, I am having the same issue with the error 'bin/config.bin/cfgMovesMaleSdr.ManActions'

Update: I reverted back to CBA RC4 and it seems to have "fixed" the issue. Unsure what the cause is but I believe there is a problem between TEI and CBA RC6

Edited by Nickobus