SpaceNavy

The Eridanus Insurrection - An Arma 3 Total Modication

This is just saddening and stupid at the same time. For the people pulling out of the mod, you're a fool. I hope every mod team out there sees this topic so they know how trustworthy you really are. TEI is probably one of the most original concept mods (in terms of content, not originality). Never before has there been a Halo mod in Arma (that I am aware of) and you all want to throw it away over an argument. 0/10 lost faith.

you bro need to chill your horses, you don't know the full story, none of you do. to act like a child like this in a real serious issue makes the rest of the community look bad. If you really cared, you would actually dig deeper and find the truth. get ALL sides of the story. You my friend need to chill out

Pulling what little original content I did provide: HEV and HUD scripts

Most of my other contributions were via the configuration, which I can not reasonably request for you to stop using.

Also, to everyone telling us all how foolish, stupid, and childish we all are, please be a little more open-minded. Nothing is ever as black-and-white as it may seem. There were long-existing issues that only escalated and intensified as time progressed. The fault for these issues culminating into recent events lies on both parties. It could have been identified and eliminated initially, but instead it was allowed to continue, damaging both the mod and its contributors. I hope that SpaceNavy has learned as much from this ordeal as I have, and I genuinely wish the absolute best for TEI.

it seem to (old)main dev vs other all dev.

i don't know why relevant (old) main dev.

Whatever the case may be, TEI now lost almost their old asset except some configs.

Of course dev can acquire new talent using the money or something.

It bought a Microsoft displeasure and will pulled project using thier copyright.

it's a over. RIP.

Edited by Arkblade

I leave for five minutes and people are blaming the devs? They had a problem that was affecting the way they worked and they couldn't handle it. If I were them I would do the same. It's not a vendetta against the community or the mod. Get that through your heads.

it seem to (old)main dev vs other all.

i don't know why relevant (old) main dev.

Whatever the case may be, TEI now lost almost their old asset except some configs.

Of course dev can acquire new talent using the money or something.

It bought a Microsoft displeasure and will pulled project using thier copyright.

it's a over. RIP.

Wait, what?

I leave for five minutes and people are blaming the devs? They had a problem that was affecting the way they worked and they couldn't handle it. If I were them I would do the same. It's not a vendetta against the community or the mod. Get that through your heads.

Wait, what?

sorry for inviting misunderstanding.

it seem to (old)main dev vs other dev. not any users.

Yep, the community is starting to act like the Halo Waypoint community. Jumping to conclusions before doing any fact digging. Being blind like always

Yep, the community is starting to act like the Halo Waypoint community. Jumping to conclusions before doing any fact digging. Being blind like always

I for one would love to know what happened. A dev team doesnt go from friendly to human-covenant war in a day

there are no facts to dig, nobodys come forward with anything, what that leads to unfortunatly, is accusations and assumptions, so untill someone actually gives out facts to look for, theres going to be a storm.

pulling whatever textures i contributed

Alright, but go ahead and remove your 405th MID mod. You no longer have permission to publish addons using the mod as a dependency. Should be no problem since you no longer want to be associated with the TEI mod.

Edited by spacenavy90

Alright, but go ahead and remove your 405th MID mod. You no longer have permission to publish addons using the mod as a dependency. Should be no problem since you no longer want to be associated with the TEI mod.

*Slowly begins to facepalm*

And to answer the other posts, I am not trying to be outright disrespectful, I just find it disheartening that whatever the situation is (with what little is known) has been blown to this level of proportions in a public setting is most distasteful. But I am sure my comments on the matter are quite the same.

i already handled that matter

Well... just to mention something, why is all this happenong in public

I mean, if you are going to have an arguement, or sombody pulls something, why dont you pm it to each other? Its as if you want us to speculate on whos the blame, and why. I mean, just do it somewhere else, not here. We dont need no trouble 'round these parts. Please, take it somewhere else.

He has the same right to deny a group use of content as you have to pull content from the mod.

I highly doubt there using the mod still anyway, seeing as there stopping support for it.

Under the ArmA licensing he has no right to deny access to public content as a dependency. Based upon the ones used in arma, only the attribution would deny it. However since all the content used within the 405th Mod was created by other devs within this mod, they also have to agree to which license since it is their content as a whole, not just Spacenavys. However we are removing the download to appease him so that we can handle the updates with TheDog as he continues their variant and we plan on working closely with TheDog in the future to update and create modified content to the 405th, and possibly other UNSC units.

Under the ArmA licensing he has no right to deny access to public content as a dependency. Based upon the ones used in arma, only the attribution would deny it. However since all the content used within the 405th Mod was created by other devs within this mod, they also have to agree to which license since it is their content as a whole, not just Spacenavys. However we are removing the download to appease him so that we can handle the updates with TheDog as he continues their variant and we plan on working closely with TheDog in the future to update and create modified content to the 405th, and possibly other UNSC units.

Youd firstly have to rename it to something other then TEI, because spacenavy does have the name, and theve removed there content from future versions of the mod, so as of whenever the next release would be, you guys have better moved on from it then, i dont know what low level of garbage a clan has to be fed to abandon a mod creator but its disgusting.

Edited by icarus86

Youd firstly have to rename it to something other then TEI, because spacenavy does have the name, and theve removed there content from future versions of the mod, so as of whenever the next release would be, you guys have better moved on from it then, i dont know what low level of garbage a clan has to be fed to abandon a mod creator but its disgusting.

We aren't abandoning a "mod creator" We're abandoning someone who lacks a level of professionalism that most modders do have, as well as having been approached by TheDog and the mod crew that rejoined it is in our best interest to work with a team that is reliable - and doesn't call my hand made models "stolen" - Then removes me from the mod team. (Yes this happened. Remember the first BR and SMG? All me :D)

Edited by AtinAkiri
Typos

Wow, there's really no need to be so hostile and disrespectful.

Wow, there's really no need to be so hostile and disrespectful.

Untill someone comes forward with an offical story of what happend, i can believe whoevers side i choose, and quite frankly im going to choose the side thats still working on this mod. Respect is something I reserve to nobody in this situation untill then.

Untill someone comes forward with an offical story of what happend, i can believe whoevers side i choose, and quite frankly im going to choose the side thats still working on this mod. Respect is something I reserve to nobody in this situation untill then.

Okay, that doesn't really have anything to do with what I said. I'm not trying to sway you, I'm asking you to not be so rude to others posting on this thread.

Scorch_052: So... what happens now? Will there be two diffirent halo mods now? What wil the other one be about? Eill have the same theme? I really shouldnt be asking, but since spavenavy has the rebel thing, what will you guys do? (Of course, I will forever keep an eye on this mod. You still have my support, Space!) Icarus86: no need to be rude.

That doesn't require disrespect and hostility. I believe you can have whatever opinion you want, however knowing the Dev team I choose to side with those that have acted far better to me and those wishing to help, (IE: Burgess, EvanCat to name a few.) I would kindly ask of having the same kindness and understanding extended towards Us for believing the other side.

Scorch_052: So... what happens now? Will there be two diffirent halo mods now? What wil the other one be about? Eill have the same theme? I really shouldnt be asking, but since spavenavy has the rebel thing, what will you guys do? (Of course, I will forever keep an eye on this mod. You still have my support, Space!) Icarus86: no need to be rude.

I won't discuss that in this thread, seeing as it would be off-topic, but keep your eyes on the addon discussion forums for more information.

That doesn't require disrespect and hostility. I believe you can have whatever opinion you want, however knowing the Dev team I choose to side with those that have acted far better to me and those wishing to help, (IE: Burgess, EvanCat to name a few.) I would kindly ask of having the same kindness and understanding extended towards Us for believing the other side.

Believe me, I went researching through both of the existing

"sides" as you would call it, and have talked to spacenavy, Whats happened now is:

Massive Confusion about the state of the mod

Clans Either Doing - Some kind of salvage for there own purposes or dismissal of the mod

Major He said She said between Developers with various discrepencies

Enough revoked content to shut down a mod despite there still being a public version (with a heavily butchered and nonfunctional playwithsix build)

Alot of angry halo fans dissapointed that people cant get along.

I apologize for getting a bit angry but this is the last thing id like to see when i check updates on my favorite mods.