SpaceNavy

The Eridanus Insurrection - An Arma 3 Total Modication

spacenavy, you guys rock! Keep doing what you're doing. Love the update and freaking love the frigate sneak peak. Can't wait to see more of it. Would be sweet if you could get it to fly or stationary in the air. Would totally put one of them in Whole Lotta Altis and use as my base!

Great Work!!!

edit:Just tried the falcon, seems small, but totally can't wait!!!

Edited by Evmeister88

spacenavy, you guys rock! Keep doing what you're doing. Love the update and freaking love the frigate sneak peak. Can't wait to see more of it. Would be sweet if you could get it to fly or stationary in the air. Would totally put one of them in Whole Lotta Altis and use as my base!

Great Work!!!

edit:Just tried the falcon, seems small, but totally can't wait!!!

I placed it on the map and set it as "Flying" and it remained stationary in the air, set at a certain altitude. However to get it to move around, I have no clue.

Even in it's unfinished state, the Falcon is glorious. Great work so far, I'm going to save any critiques or bug findings I have for the next patch.

Nice pics, is that Xbox one (Halo MCC) footage?

I always thought that Bungie simply forgot to at least add a simple texture ejection port, but overall most of their weapon designs make total sense, even the NON-reciprocating charging handle on their AR versions (based on H&Ks G3/MP5), which is always a good thing in military rifles. So instead of a moving charging handle and a static bolt carrier, it should actually be the other way around in TEI :D But that's just nit picking at this point, nothing too serious, just thought I at least mention it once, but it's their call... maybe they can add a simple ejection port in the future, the IS weren't originally in the game either, but they kinda make sense as a true BUIS.

Yep, all from Halo MCC, Just realized I put all the BR photos not onto my actual profile. oops.

Well there is Iron Sights in the Books and Now in Halo Online. But yeah, the always moving charging handle is the recipe to failure. No Modern Weapon in the past 30 years has had one. Cause they get snagged on clothing, equipment, or the environment. Which in turn prevents the weapon from handling or can break the weapon. Sure it Looks cool. But after Shooting fire arms my whole adult life, ranging from the M16, M4, M14, M14 EBR, M870 shotgun, M249, M240B, Browning M2 .50 cal, AT4, MK19, Enfield, AK-47, SKS, M9, M1911, and many other assortment of weapons in my time in the Military and Civilian life. You just get the feeling of how weapons feel and perform. Why I take great Interest in the Halo weapons. They are sexy. And I really believe the best versions you can find are the ones from Halo 2 Anniversary, for 343I took the concept of what Bungie had and put artist who know real firearms to work on them to make them preform realistically. Making H2A into having the sexiest weapons in the whole halo franchise at the current moment.

If requested, I'll take pictures on all the UNSC weapons. Just to share in my love of how sexy they all are xD

actuall that the statment about no modern weapons having a moving charging handle that is incorrect as the sa80 which is the rifle used by the british army has a moving charging handle

Edited by THE-TRUTH
spelling error

RHS with TEI cause CTD if you using RHS's SR-25.

in TEI's AR, BR, MG config:

class EBR_Base_F: Rifle_Long_Base_F

{

class WeaponSlotsInfo

{

class SlotInfo;

};

class GunParticles;

};

that line cause CTD.

change to

class EBR_Base_F;

dosen't cause CTD.

Edited by Arkblade

The RHS incompatibility may have some correlation with the CTD caused by outdated versions of ASDG_JR. We will look into it in the future.

actuall that the statment about no modern weapons having a moving charging handle that is incorrect as the sa80 which is the rifle used by the british army has a moving charging handle

looks like your right, it serves as a charging and ejection port at the same time. Still shoots brass to the right and not in your face to the left

Technical question: is it possible to have the pelican sling load in the back like in the games, or does arma limit it to being in the middle?

Hi, i just wanted to say that my game keeps crashing at the start.

I'm only using

-@CBA_A3

-@TEI

-@ASDG_JR

What do?

Here is my RPT link

#EDIT: SOLVED. I had to update ADSG_JR to 0.14 to make it work

Great mod!

Edited by AlexSegen

Technical question: is it possible to have the pelican sling load in the back like in the games, or does arma limit it to being in the middle?

They had it set up that way initially, and while it looked great it resulted in your aircraft being dragged backwards out of the sky most often I found.

I do have two suggestions, take or leave since it's just MHO, if a script like the Taru pod-mod was built into the pelican you could hook the using the ropes using the sling load system, then winch up and attach using the pod-mod script and you would be able to carry like in the Halo games, dropping would also behave similarly. Using that you could conceivably have the extended bay troop carrier version without having a separate model also.

Either that or disable the vanilla sling system entirely on the pelican and rely on a dynamic attachto script like igiload, but perhaps separate from that so you could have the option to use igiload to internally transport cargo in addition to the hypothetical stand alone script local to the pelican that would attach your desired cargo under the tail.

Mods' looking good guys. Didn't see it in the patchnotes, but I'm looking forward to an updated pelican cockpit eventually. Whenever that is. :)

The RHS incompatibility may have some correlation with the CTD caused by outdated versions of ASDG_JR. We will look into it in the future.

however, this happen even if you use RHS and TEI only, not using ASDG_JR.

I placed it on the map and set it as "Flying" and it remained stationary in the air, set at a certain altitude. However to get it to move around, I have no clue.

Even in it's unfinished state, the Falcon is glorious. Great work so far, I'm going to save any critiques or bug findings I have for the next patch.

I'll have to give that a try, I just pulled it up in the template mission. Is there an actual placeable frigate?

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not but in the template frigate mission the frigate spawns separate from the two spawn door things and the elevator that deploys a pelican, is this intentional or no?

Idk if you people realized, but 3 days ago, the devs of ace2 and agm announced to quit their projects and team up to develope ace3, so there will be no official updates for agm any more. and no this isnt an april joke (at least it seems so)

Idk if you people realized, but 3 days ago, the devs of ace2 and agm announced to quit their projects and team up to develope ace3, so there will be no official updates for agm any more. and no this isnt an april joke (at least it seems so)

Yeah. My clan is super pumped about this

I'll have to give that a try, I just pulled it up in the template mission. Is there an actual placeable frigate?

Under empty, there should be an 'Objects UNSC' tab, not sure of the specific name. I think it's called test or something, it's one of those objects. You'll definitely know if you found it, the thing is massive. Speaking of, is it a 1:1 scale?

That's great, should go well with this mod when it's finished.

Edited by Trooper226

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not but in the template frigate mission the frigate spawns separate from the two spawn door things and the elevator that deploys a pelican, is this intentional or no?

Definitely noticed it :)

I just found this sketchup models:

Grizzly

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model.html?id=236055a8102d9fdcb5666ac9dae008e8

Reach forklift:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model.html?id=a65d3a93fdc2fcfb5666ac9dae008e8

Heavy lift dropship:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model.html?id=66fbac96306bbbb6b5666ac9dae008e8

Railgun:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model.html?id=63ab37430cb66270b5666ac9dae008e8

Saber:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model.html?id=c5c726006697aa19b5666ac9dae008e8

Elephant:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model.html?id=78db45e87a36f234aa009184b3a1b04

Mammoth:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model.html?id=185f4a841803b33bb5666ac9dae008e8

Mongoose:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model.html?id=579b73141559fbc1b1b5301ecd5a6b3

Wolverine:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model.html?id=eaedb0c6677a37047c656daaecc7be6b

Cobra

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model.html?id=5076014450de84c781a4532fdfd4efb1

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model.html?id=9e97b267f490cde3969258f53af564ca

T-297HV Equipment transport truck

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model.html?id=25b061910c7034886343336da2b18d70

Mantis:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model.html?id=46f595bff6f3a656fee8021c81c84603

They may be useful in the future if you plan to add more assets, that should facilitate the process somehow.

Created a thread in reddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/EridanusInsurrection/comments/31dd4t/google_sketchup_modelsreferences/

Edited by nightovizard
http://www.reddit.com/r/EridanusInsurrection/comments/31dd4t/google_sketchup_modelsreferences/

Been playing around with the mod in single player (MCC Sandbox) trying out different things. For a WIP this is looking really good and I have enjoyed playing with it so far.. Couple of things I noticed:

1) The M7 SMG w/ collapsed stock listed under sidearms; a) muzzle flash visible when not firing, b) pistol grip not aligned with the firing hand, c) the end of the receiver extension protrudes through the rear of the butt of the stock, d) reload animation causes the slung rifle to come over the shoulder from the slung position into the firing hand, then return over the shoulder into the slung position after reload is completed.

2) The 7.62 suppressor muzzle attaching point on the M5 is at the very tip end of the muzzle. Doesn't matter from a game standpoint, but if realism is your goal (or at the very least a willing suspension of disbelief) to an old, retired 18B it's just the kind of weapons related detail that jumps out at me as unrealistic.

3) Armed Pelican; a) cannon muzzle flash visible when not firing, b) tracers from cannon seem to originate from a point somewhere above the cockpit.

Otherwise, please KUTGW.

Open letter to the TEI community,

Some of you may have noticed some tension within the dev team with the release of v0.13. There is more to the story of course and I would like to make this post in order to clarify things with you and inform you of some changes that are being implemented as we speak.

As many of you can tell the latest build is extremely buggy causing crashes and simply not being finished. It wasn’t supposed to be released for another 2 or 3 weeks but due to some conflict between 2 team members, one made a bad call and pushed a release. Many of us attempted to roll it back and prevent further damage but it was too late. This being said the team had a sit down and after long discussion we agreed that the person responsible for this bad decision had to be removed from the team. So as of today spacenavy90 is no longer part of the dev team. Now before people start bad talking him or what he did I would like to ask you not to. He had personal reasons for his actions and regardless of what happened we would like to be mature about things. Some of you might think “well he is the founder and head guy in charge†which was the case. He founded the project and was in charge but this decision was reached in order to keep the mod alive. After hearing our points he agreed to peacefully leave the project in order to prevent the mod from falling apart.

As of right now everything is being transferred over and I will be the new lead dev of the project. Don’t get me wrong, I am just a team member like the others, I will just hold the title and provide direction to the team but everybody has pretty much equal say.

What does this mean to the mod you might ask, honestly, I would be surprised if you guys notice anything different. I know what vision space was trying to go after and everything will stay on track as planned. Team internally we are working on better ways to communicate and track things which hopefully will lead to more polished release builds.

In regard to v0.13 we are planning on doing a hot fix not too long from now. Hopefully we can get the hot fix out to you within a week or two but at the latest I am planning on v0.135 to be out at the beginning of next month. The reason it might take longer is because we are trying to finish assets like the falcon so we don’t have to remove it. Some things will be removed but mainly game breaking stuff like the long sword. Don’t worry, everything will be back in the game at a later point.

I hope this little incident does not negatively impact your view on this project and its future. I assure you, I will do whatever it takes to keep this mod alive even If I must step down myself one day. Everybody that remains on the team feels the same and we are all happy to be part of this great project and this great community. Continue growing with us as we move forward into a new dawn.

TheDog – TEI Lead Dev

Edited by Thedog88

I'm sorry things happened the way they did. That's unfortunate. However I hope this mod successfully continues and have high hopes! Perhaps later down the line we'll get to see sci fi content from other games from different devs if not from you guys. Halo is huge though and I look forward to all the new content!

Good Luck and God speed!

I'm sorry things happened the way they did. That's unfortunate. However I hope this mod successfully continues and have high hopes! Perhaps later down the line we'll get to see sci fi content from other games from different devs if not from you guys. Halo is huge though and I look forward to all the new content!

Good Luck and God speed!

It will continue :) Don't worry!

Conflicts in dev teams are common, but I'm sorry it had to happen to you guys. However, I'm glad that instead of everyone resulting to shit-flinging, that everyone agreed to disagree and part ways.

As for the hotfix, I think I can speak for many of the people here in our community that we would rather you guys take your time with the next release. Although i wouldn't say this current patch is as broken as everyone likes to think. I myself haven't experience a single crash, and if you simply don't dig in to find the assets you're not supposed to find, then you shouldn't have much of an issue.

To balance taking longer on updates, though, perhaps it would be better to keep us more in the loop. You guys used to take a lot more screenshots of what you were working on, almost on a daily basis, and it would be nice to have that again. Hell, that Elite animation video was amazing, stuff like that helps us get through long waits between updates.

To balance taking longer on updates, though, perhaps it would be better to keep us more in the loop. You guys used to take a lot more screenshots of what you were working on, almost on a daily basis, and it would be nice to have that again. Hell, that Elite animation video was amazing, stuff like that helps us get through long waits between updates.

Okay

hRdVnr8l.png

SknmkRJl.png

So excited for the sniper. Is the bipod going to function with the new update BIS is rolling out?