SpaceNavy

The Eridanus Insurrection - An Arma 3 Total Modication

You gents are simply awesome for releasing this,I'm a big fan of SF stuff in Arma.

Can't wait to see your magic on New Mombasa too.

It won't be rolled back. Enjoy

I consider this an April fools update lol , quite a lot of bugs and issues, but still flying a falcon is priceless. Just one thing, In the editor description it says the pelican uses 20 mm rounds, but actually ingame it uses 30 mm, I don't know if you guys are going to use either 20 or 30 at the end, most likely 30. Rockets and missiles will be added later I suppose. Marine and green pelicans are the same. Falcon it's supposed to use 20 mm rounds not 6 mm, and a secondary burst firemode. The side HMG are 12.7x99mm. And guided AT missiles in the falcon? Wow I wasn't expecting that.

The rest are some bugs and game crashes, but those just require a fix. For example part of the leg of the driver of the stallion is outside the door, etc.

Edited by nightovizard

greetings,

we can surely yank the latest version, however we also have multi version support, so users can stick with the previous version :)

Let me know if I should remove the latest one again.

Best regards

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note:

since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

The shadow fix and the chin straps were worth the early release, thanks :)

btw the BR shells incorrectly eject out to the left now, I assume it's because you simply mirrored the model to bring the charging handle to the correct side (left).

I consider this an April fools update lol

Uhhh.. okay. I'll remember that.

greetings,

we can surely yank the latest version, however we also have multi version support, so users can stick with the previous version :)

Let me know if I should remove the latest one again.

Best regards

Don't worry, this version isn't going anywhere. We can easily patch the major bugs people encounter.

The shadow fix and the chin straps were worth the early release, thanks :)

btw the BR shells incorrectly eject out to the left now, I assume it's because you simply mirrored the model to bring the charging handle to the correct side (left).

Look on the BR ingame (both in Arma and Halo 3), there is no ejection port on the right side anywhere. If people prefer the right side ejection even though it makes no sense, I'll add it back in.

Look on the BR ingame (both in Arma and Halo 3), there is no ejection port on the right side anywhere. If people prefer the right side ejection even though it makes no sense, I'll add it back in.

Not a visible port, but they actually eject on the right in the Halo games, which makes total sense since it's not caseless ammo and most people are right handed. It works just like most real guns or the Halo AR, charging handle on the left, ejection port on the right.

Not a visible port, but they actually eject on the right in the Halo games, which makes total sense since it's not caseless ammo and most people are right handed. It works just like most real guns or the Halo AR, charging handle on the left, ejection port on the right.

I'm fully aware of how and why shell casing eject out the right. I'm telling you, that the BR55HB in Halo 3 ejects out the right in the games even though there is no possible way they can eject from that direction because it lacks an ejection port. Look at the pictures and look ingame for yourself. It was hard for me to believe at first.

Like I said, if it annoys people I'll change it.

Changelog for 0.13:

v0.13
ADDED
-UNSC Charon-class frigate "Final Dawn" with template mission (very WIP)
-UH-144 Falcon (no textures right now)
-M73 LMG
-M247 MMG
-Armed Pelican
-Folded SMG
-SMG FMJ/JHP ammo
-Milsim unit emblems
-AA Warthog
-AT Warthog
-Frag and smoke grenades
-UNSC/PRC-521
-TFAR support for radio packs
-Longsword/Scorpion (VEEEEEEEEERY WIP, shouldn't use them)
-chin straps for UNSC helmets
-MA5 flashlight attachment
-added Dev ODST armors
-custom scenry objects (kiosks, table)
FIXED
-Rocket launcher firing very low
-Muzzle flashes on weapons
-Shotgun shadows
-BR55 model reversed
-ODST pods in MP
-ODST visors in MP
-SMG Red dot sight aimming wrong
-UNSC Monument error
-Added mass to weapons
-Loud sounds in Pelican
-Quiet sounds in Warthog
-hidden Pelican seat
-Gauss hog firing wrong
-ODST pod infinite doors
TWEAKED
-Pelican flight model
-Empty rocket launcher shows no tubes
-Positions of medkit and biofoam
-Renamed commopack to UNSC/PRC-515O
-Lowered recoil on BR55 and MA5B
-Up'd the fire rate of the MA5
-Increased M6G and SMG sizes
-Warthog handling
-Increased armor values of UNSC stuff
-Armor on vehicles

Uhhh.. okay. I'll remember that.

I'm a bit worried about that reply, let me specify why I said that:

Sins of the prophets did a similar thing, they released an update that added a supercarier ,which is quite buggy and game crashing, because of the 1st of april. So I thought this was the same, an update for us to enjoy but incomplete and with bugs. I personally enjoyed it, I really wanted to fly the falcon and see the frigate myself, noticed that there are longswords and scorpions, but game crashes when I spawn them. Game also crashes sometimes when the falcon explodes, gunship pelican turret has a very bad precision, bullets pass through the falcon without damaging it, etc.

I just hope that this release does not affect your team, not everyone agreed with that release.

I'm a bit worried about that reply, let me specify why I said that:

Sins of the prophets did a similar thing, they released an update that added a supercarier ,which is quite buggy and game crashing, because of the 1st of april. So I thought this was the same, an update for us to enjoy but incomplete and with bugs. I personally enjoyed it, I really wanted to fly the falcon and see the frigate myself, noticed that there are longswords and scorpions, but game crashes when I spawn them. Game also crashes sometimes when the falcon explodes, gunship pelican turret has a very bad precision, bullets pass through the falcon without damaging it, etc.

I just hope that this release does not affect your team, not everyone agreed with that release.

There hasn't been an update for nearly a month and there were some very pressing gameplay related bugs that needed to be fixing which should be addressed from this update (notably the pelican flight model, Drop pods in MP and the rocket launcher). Everyone is well aware that this is an alpha and there will be bugs when new features are added. Nothing is stopping them from being fixed.

The Falcon, Scorpion, Longsword and Frigate are all meant to be sneak peeks rather than fully implemented assets. Figured the community would be interested in seeing what we are working on rather than being ONI hush hush about it. Should we not do that anymore?

There hasn't been an update for nearly a month and there were some very pressing gameplay related bugs that needed to be fixing which should be addressed from this update (notably the pelican flight model, Drop pods in MP and the rocket launcher). Everyone is well aware that this is an alpha and there will be bugs when new features are added. Nothing is stopping them from being fixed.

The Falcon, Scorpion, Longsword and Frigate are all meant to be sneak peeks rather than fully implemented assets. Figured the community would be interested in seeing what we are working on rather than being ONI hush hush about it. Should we not do that anymore?

Personally I love the update. Even if it is wip. I'm still enjoying flying the Falcon around I love the early release as a sneak peak and I believe you should do it more often Mr.Spacenavy

I agree it's been a while and I couldn't wait for this next update, I'm only worried this may cause problems inside your team as some of them don't want us to use this update. Also this update has introduced bugs that crashes the game but mostly are caused by the new assets, the assets from the last version work fine and even better as the issues have been fixed. Notice that I never said that you should not have done that. I was only worried about the possible consequences and problems of this update.

I'm just going to say, keep up the good work, I hope you can get a hotfix soon :)

EDIT:

- MA5B automatic firemode does not work.

- Marine corpsman does not have night vision.

- Something is wrong with the collision model of the falcon, only missiles can take it down, bullets go through it.

- Sometime when the falcon explodes game crashes.

- Falcon has guided AT missiles?

- 20 mm pelican autocannon uses 30 mm rounds.

- 20 mm falcon autocannon uses 6 mm rounds.

- Spawning longswords crashes the game.

- Scorpion is not yet usable.

- Frigate has no collision, yet it has an interior, but you cannot land anything neither walk around the inside.

Edited by nightovizard

I'm fully aware of how and why shell casing eject out the right. I'm telling you, that the BR55HB in Halo 3 ejects out the right in the games even though there is no possible way they can eject from that direction because it lacks an ejection port. Look at the pictures and look ingame for yourself. It was hard for me to believe at first.

Like I said, if it annoys people I'll change it.

Changelog for 0.13:

v0.13
ADDED
-UNSC Charon-class frigate "Final Dawn" with template mission (very WIP)
-UH-144 Falcon (no textures right now)
-M73 LMG
-M247 MMG
-Armed Pelican
-Folded SMG
-SMG FMJ/JHP ammo
-Milsim unit emblems
-AA Warthog
-AT Warthog
-Frag and smoke grenades
-UNSC/PRC-521
-TFAR support for radio packs
-chin straps for UNSC helmets
-MA5 flashlight attachment
-added Dev ODST armors
-custom scenry objects (kiosks, table)
FIXED
-Rocket launcher firing very low
-Muzzle flashes on weapons
-Shotgun shadows
-BR55 model reversed
-ODST pods in MP
-ODST visors in MP
-SMG Red dot sight aimming wrong
-UNSC Monument error
-Added mass to weapons
-Loud sounds in Pelican
-Quiet sounds in Warthog
-hidden Pelican seat
-Gauss hog firing wrong
-ODST pod infinite doors
TWEAKED
-Pelican flight model
-Empty rocket launcher shows no tubes
-Positions of medkit and biofoam
-Renamed commopack to UNSC/PRC-515O
-Lowered recoil on BR55 and MA5B
-Up'd the fire rate of the MA5
-Increased M6G and SMG sizes
-Warthog handling
-Increased armor values of UNSC stuff
-Armor on vehicles

Found a bit of a problem (probably been fixed already) The MA5B is unable to fire full auto.

Found a bit of a problem (probably been fixed already) The MA5B is unable to fire full auto.

Yeah, use the GL version as a quick fix

I know everything is very WIP, but can anyone tell me how to find the scorpion/longsword? I really wanna try them out but cant find them

I know everything is very WIP, but can anyone tell me how to find the scorpion/longsword? I really wanna try them out but cant find them

It's been reported spawning in the longsword crashes your game,

It's been reported spawning in the longsword crashes your game,

Also the Scorpion doesn't work

Both the Longsword and Scorpion were supposed to be hidden, but I guess not.

Weird.

Longsword will crash your game for some reason, and the Scorpion is just a static model.

except for the MA5B sigle shot bugs almost for me is a very nice and stable version

no idea if you have plans for the odst hud but maybe the helmet can give info like (if you use AGM) say what part of the body are hurt ect...

Both the Longsword and Scorpion were supposed to be hidden, but I guess not.

Weird.

Longsword will crash your game for some reason, and the Scorpion is just a static model.

Scorpion works for me. Model isn't animated, however it can drive and shoot.

So there was a huge debate on how the BR ejects its rounds on Halo. So I decided to do a lot of testing and here is what I concluded

Photos of my testing

http://imgur.com/a/yLh3w

After shooting the BR and Watching it from multiple angles as you see. The BR fires Up and to the Right. Meaning that it uses the same Ammo ejecting method as the M14, and not of to the side like a normal assault Rifle. Even though it was documented that the design of the look of the BR55 is based off the French FAMAS. So the design is that of an assault rifle, but as it states, acts like actual BR

What the BR Looks was based off of, The Famas.

How it actual shoots like, The M14

I hope this settles this debate and we can all finally get along and love each other again.

Make Arma, Not War

Edit: 343I realized Bungie's major flaw on the missing ejection port and fixed it on the H2A BR, and added on an actual ejection port, I'll be posting pictures as they upload online

Edit Edit: Pictures as promised, as you see. 343 fixed the major flaw and added an actual ejection port. Problem has been solved. Good looking out all ^-^

http://imgur.com/a/pboGv

Edited by Theronnett

So there was a huge debate on how the BR ejects its rounds on Halo. So I decided to do a lot of testing and here is what I concluded

Photos of my testing

http://imgur.com/a/yLh3w

After shooting the BR and Watching it from multiple angles as you see. The BR fires Up and to the Right. Meaning that it uses the same Ammo ejecting method as the M14, and not of to the side like a normal assault Rifle. Even though it was documented that the design of the look of the BR55 is based off the French FAMAS. So the design is that of an assault rifle, but as it states, acts like actual BR

What the BR Looks was based off of, The Famas.

How it actual shoots like, The M14

I hope this settles this debate and we can all finally get along and love each other again.

Make Arma, Not War

Edit: 343I realized Bungie's major flaw on the missing ejection port and fixed it on the H2A BR, and added on an actual ejection port, I'll be posting pictures as they upload online

Edit Edit: Pictures as promised, as you see. 343 fixed the major flaw and added an actual ejection port. Problem has been solved. Good looking out all ^-^

http://imgur.com/a/pboGv

Nice pics, is that Xbox one (Halo MCC) footage?

I always thought that Bungie simply forgot to at least add a simple texture ejection port, but overall most of their weapon designs make total sense, even the NON-reciprocating charging handle on their AR versions (based on H&Ks G3/MP5), which is always a good thing in military rifles. So instead of a moving charging handle and a static bolt carrier, it should actually be the other way around in TEI :D But that's just nit picking at this point, nothing too serious, just thought I at least mention it once, but it's their call... maybe they can add a simple ejection port in the future, the IS weren't originally in the game either, but they kinda make sense as a true BUIS.