SpaceNavy

The Eridanus Insurrection - An Arma 3 Total Modication

Thanks for the feedback guys. Bear in mind these textures are fairly old. There shouldn't be any wear on the ceilings or bulkheads or anywhere outside the railings, just along the floor grate edges if anywhere. Texture updates will come later, this is just a test demonstrating the modularity of the interior (straight hallways, skinny straight hallways, 90-degrees, T-junction, doorways, etc.). Rooms for the interior will include a med bay and cryo room, mess hall, armory and range, baracks, bridge, fire control, hangar, vehicle storage and rec\observation deck.

Edited by 880Zero

Thanks for the feedback guys. Bear in mind these textures are fairly old. There shouldn't be any wear on the ceilings or bulkheads or anywhere outside the railings, just along the floor grate edges if anywhere. Texture updates will come later, this is just a test demonstrating the modularity of the interior (straight hallways, skinny straight hallways, 90-degrees, T-junction, doorways, etc.). Rooms for the interior will include a med bay and cryo room, mess hall, armory and range, baracks, bridge, fire control, hangar, vehicle storage and rec\observation deck.

Okay cool, if we're ignoring those textures then we're looking at a really badass interior design! Can't wait to see more

Okay cool, if we're ignoring those textures then we're looking at a really badass interior design! Can't wait to see more

Here are those updated textures:

http://puu.sh/gQdnq.jpg (512 kB)

Posted this a few days back on reddit and finally just got to posting it here. Here is some Early WIP screenshots of the Genet.

http://imgur.com/a/A9Wdn

Im just wrapping up the alphas and ill begin work on the interior hopefully tomorrow.

Posted this a few days back on reddit and finally just got to posting it here. Here is some Early WIP screenshots of the Genet.

http://imgur.com/a/A9Wdn

Im just wrapping up the alphas and ill begin work on the interior hopefully tomorrow.

That model is good, but i personally think the wheels are a bit too small compared to the actual Gnet.

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091209153306/halo/images/9/9a/Car_common.jpg

Edited by CommanderOfTheJays

All this is awesome. So much work and passion is put into this. Keep up the good work and don't abandon this mod... I've seen some great projects being abandoned for some reasons...

I mostly played this mod while it was in first version, only tried fixed pelican in V1.2 so my feedback may be incorect, sorry about that.

Anyway, here is my feedback (I know you won't/can't change some things, but anyway:

Pelican

- back doors should be openable only by pilot

- make it less loud, I can't hear anything when in third person, or when sitting closest to the door

- reduce rotating speed when pelican is landong/taking off (low speed)

- change pilots animation/position for entering/exiting vehicle

- add machinegun at the door, gunner can shoot only when doors are opened

- put pilots seat closer to the front window (move it forward) or make glass a bit bigger so pilot can see to his sides a bit more

- make better interior for pilot (screens, swithes, HUD!)

Magnum

- change iron sights (move it up) or something because when smartlink/scope is on the gun, you can't use iron sights

- change design in smartlink/scope/hud to be more halo-like

Frigate

- Make it "less clean" (add just a bit more scratches on the floor)

- Put random stickers/warnings on the walls (do you remember Pillar of autumn and marines ads..)

- Make insurrection frigate (at least retexture normal one) so we can have static ship battles

- Put weapons on it (at least miniguns from choppers), but make it remote so you can use consoles/screens on the bridge to control them

- Make stairs if you can't make elevators. Do not put teleporters or something like that

- Put baricades in halls, like in the Pillar of autumn in Halo 1

Wathog

- Make better wheels, theese have too low quality

- Make steernig better or at least remove back wheels steering because steering feels very bad.

- Change iron sights

Misc.

- Change sounds of guns

- Add frag grenades

- Make better screen decorations with helmets (better field of view with ODST helmet, more opaque bottom...)

- Put effect/trail for gauss gun projectiles

- Fix drop pods

- Add more vehicles (we need tanks, planes and attack choppers/their equivalents)

I know some of these things are fixed in new version, some of them canot be done, some of them are just the way you like it and you don't want to change it etc.

I just made this small list of things that bothers me, as a player. I am a huge Halo fan, but without the xbox.

There are more things to add to my list, but I can't remember them right now so I think they are not so important anyway.

All this is awesome. So much work and passion is put into this. Keep up the good work and don't abandon this mod... I've seen some great projects being abandoned for some reasons...

I mostly played this mod while it was in first version, only tried fixed pelican in V1.2 so my feedback may be incorect, sorry about that.

Anyway, here is my feedback (I know you won't/can't change some things, but anyway:

Pelican

- make it less loud, I can't hear anything when in third person, or when sitting closest to the door

- put pilots seat closer to the front window (move it forward) or make glass a bit bigger so pilot can see to his sides a bit more

Magnum

- change iron sights (move it up) or something because when smartlink/scope is on the gun, you can't use iron sights

Frigate

- Put random stickers/warnings on the walls (do you remember Pillar of autumn and marines ads..)

- Make insurrection frigate (at least retexture normal one) so we can have static ship battles

- Put weapons on it (at least miniguns from choppers), but make it remote so you can use consoles/screens on the bridge to control them

- Make stairs if you can't make elevators. Do not put teleporters or something like that

Wathog

- Make steernig better or at least remove back wheels steering because steering feels very bad.

- Change iron sights

Misc.

- Change sounds of guns

- Add frag grenades

- Make better screen decorations with helmets (better field of view with ODST helmet, more opaque bottom...)

- Fix drop pods

- Add more vehicles (we need tanks, planes and attack choppers/their equivalents)

I know some of these things are fixed in new version, some of them canot be done, some of them are just the way you like it and you don't want to change it etc.

I just made this small list of things that bothers me, as a player. I am a huge Halo fan, but without the xbox.

There are more things to add to my list, but I can't remember them right now so I think they are not so important anyway.

Pelican

- I completely 100% disagree with you. The crew need to have access to this hatch, as scripting the AI to always do it is going to be a pain.

- I also completely disagree. You aren't going to hear anything in third person because those are roaring engines, same with sitting close to the door. Pelicans are loud dude.

- I'd somewhat agree on the rotation speed.

- Definitely agree, although I'm sure it's a placeholder.

- That's planned.

- Kinda indifferent about the pilot seat positioning.

- Also planned, I doubt the blank white screens were their final intention.

Magnum

- I'd disagree, the scope attachment needs to be balanced. If you can use iron sights and the scope, what's the point of not having the scope?

- I agree with the design of the scope.

Frigate

- Eh, I'd slightly disagree. The guy texuring it just turned it from messy to clean, and it's a lot easier on the eyes when it's clean. A lot less visual noise.

- Agree with the stickers

- The static ship battle sounds a little ridiculous to me.

- Weapons for it are already planned.

- Not an issue with teleporters, the ArmA engine can't do absolutely everything.

- Agree about the barricades.

Warthog

- I'd somewhat agree on the wheels.

- I don't agree on the steering, the vehicle handles pretty well.

- On what?

Misc.

- Pretty sure that's planned, but they don't sound bad as it is.

- Pretty sure that's also planned.

- That was already heavily discussed and debated.

- This might be a neat idea.

- That was pretty vague.

- Dude these are all listed in the planned assets.

Probably should at least look at the front page of the mod first before you make big posts like that, or at least spoiler them.

Pelican

Magnum

Frigate

Wathog

- Change iron sights

Misc.

- Change sounds of guns

- Add frag grenades

- Fix drop pods

As was stated multiple times before:

Let the Devs do as they do. Stop giving people more reasons to squeal "PUT THIS IN!!!" "DO THAT!!!" and let them decide.

This mod is an Alpha. Stop being so critical of it.

Just to say, the Pelican turn time feels perfect. If you've seen the way those things fly in the games and if you are a Pilot in Arma (IF YOU CAN FLY AND LAND WITHOUT AUTO PILOT), then you know where I am coming from. The response feels perfect.

All in all, stop making these huge posts like its an EA forum (get the hint); this mod is epic and this forum is for WiP, not for personal demands.

I apologize for b*tching, but there have just been too many people fighting for their own personal preferences to be added, even arguing with the Devs, and it annoys me.

Edited by Midnightm3nace

Hey guys, sorry if you have been asked this a couple times (most likely considering were in the hundreds page wise) I just can't find any of the info yet by looking through them. The front page says these vehicles are apart of the mod but I can't figure out how to spawn them, can anyone help?

GA-TL1 "Longsword" Bomber/CAS

AH-144 "Falcon" Transport

AV-14 "Hornet" CAS

FA-78 "Gladius" Manned Fighter ("Falcon" fighter from Halo Wars)

Hey guys, sorry if you have been asked this a couple times (most likely considering were in the hundreds page wise) I just can't find any of the info yet by looking through them. The front page says these vehicles are apart of the mod but I can't figure out how to spawn them, can anyone help?

AV-14 "Hornet" CAS

It is a list of things that plan to be added, not things that are already in.

AV-14 "Hornet" CAS

Actually, these are all planned or currently in development. I know there are pictures of the work-in-progress Falcon, not sure about the other ones. Check the ModDB page for screenshots because many are not posted here.

Ok, first off let me just say that the new frigate textures are great, it really captures the feel that these are premiere powerful warships in their prime. The only issue I see now is the curved texture on the T junction. If you can blend in the curved bit with the square that's overlayed on top of it so that they dont' clash as much as they currently do than as far as that section goes it will look perfect. Just don't ask me about how to go about it, for I have no idea, only that that's the only thing in that picture that drives me crazy.

As for adding barricades to the frigate, I wouldn't mind as long as it's a prop and not welded into the frigate. The barricades in the Pillar of Autumn do look like they're designed to be moved around, and I do think you find a stack of them in the Armory looking rooms.

Finally any word yes or no on if we'll be getting Navy crew to populate the frigate, man Thedog's new turrets, fight off Innie boarders while the marines are groundside, and serve as rescue objectives for lifeboat Search and Rescue ops?

Ok, first off let me just say that the new frigate textures are great, it really captures the feel that these are premiere powerful warships in their prime. The only issue I see now is the curved texture on the T junction. If you can blend in the curved bit with the square that's overlayed on top of it so that they dont' clash as much as they currently do than as far as that section goes it will look perfect. Just don't ask me about how to go about it, for I have no idea, only that that's the only thing in that picture that drives me crazy.

Yeah I know what you're saying about the T-junction. Unfortunately all the sections use the same textures and are really only meant for straight aways. For the curved parts, there needed to be some UV magic, it just doesn't extend very well. I'm trying to improve the flow of things, but so far I haven't found a decent way to blend the curve with the straight.

http://i.imgur.com/zLUyFLb.jpg (440 kB)

Falcon/Pelican pilot gun. Don't know the technical term, but there it is.

M638 Autocannon, explosive rounds of 20 mm.

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/M638_Autocannon

looking awesome.

I suppose the turret its not going to be able to rotate (unless you have come up with something), but nice to see that the pilot will be able to shoot something, even if it is a forward fixed weapon :)

soooooooooooooooo how about some defensive weapons for the frigate? still early wip, but its working

http://i.imgur.com/nIICvLY.jpg

nnniice, that is going to be a nice AA turret to protect the frigate from possible aerial assaults :) 50 mm projectiles are quite powerful: http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/M910_Point-defense_gun

Looks like they used some kind of gatling guns too: http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/AAA_Helix_Gun

Archer missiles could work as artillery maybe: http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Archer_Missile

''and Archers may be used in support of ground forces, launched from orbit to strike a ground-based target.[5] ''

Of course they also used shiva nuclear warheads and MACs, but I think that is too much powerful for the player to use.

Edited by nightovizard

Congrats on release. I must say i am extremely pleased with this mod so far and im happy you changed the pelican's handling but i think it now rolls, pitches and rotates too quickly. Could you maybe try it halfway in between the two?

Edit: I flew around a bit more and the pitch is fine, rotation is definetly too fast and roll is slightly off, a bit too sensitive for my liking in my opinion.

Edited by X hunter33

Damn, that was some hate I got there earlier... I just put some feedback together and boom, s##t hit my face... Anyway, I said that is is just my opinion on what looks bad to me, and what I'd like to see... I said many times in that post that I know many things are just the way you like it and you won't change it. It is just my own opinion and I thought that maybe modders want to know some of that things...

And I really don't know why should I put spoiler thingy on that list. If we think about the same spoiler definition, than I think my list doesn't spoil story, mod or whatsoever... And I don't know how to put it.

Sooooo now we have official Iron Sights for the AR weapons and a bunch of other attachments for weapons.

A more in depth breakdown what was seen on the trailer

goes more into the weapons and attachments

Sense I'm already getting "WTF is this" messages from devs and community. so i found a decent video that may help

Edited by Theronnett

Damn, that was some hate I got there earlier... I just put some feedback together and boom, s##t hit my face... Anyway, I said that is is just my opinion on what looks bad to me, and what I'd like to see... I said many times in that post that I know many things are just the way you like it and you won't change it. It is just my own opinion and I thought that maybe modders want to know some of that things...

And I really don't know why should I put spoiler thingy on that list. If we think about the same spoiler definition, than I think my list doesn't spoil story, mod or whatsoever... And I don't know how to put it.

No one hated on you, they gave legitimate counter-arguments to your requests. You didn't even bother to read the front page before you started asking for things of the devs which is completely disrespectful.

And you need to put a spoiler because you wrote an entire essay in your post and it takes up space on the thread. Now you're arguing over senseless things not related to the mod at all, please stay on topic.

Ok, sorry man... I like counter-arguments, I really do. But I didn't thought that spoiler thing goes to the long posts... Sorry about that... And I'm not disrespectful, I have actually read all 270 pages of this forum thread... I'm watching this thread since page 20, or something like that... Just saying... Anyway, about Halo online... Just another reason to forget about Project: Contingency. Now they won't finish it, unfortunately... And it will be for the EU and USA market, but not now, maybe in the Q1 of 2016.

Yeah, I just posted it cause of all the now canonical attachments to the weapons like the MA5s, DMR, and SMG

I don't know about Halo Online. The international licensing is sketchy. Plus, their whole marketing model in-game seems to ruin how halo feels, at least from what I can see. Then you have the merging of art styles with halo 3 and then 4.

It'll be weird. I just hope Microsoft won't use this to justify there being no demand in the PC community for an actual halo.