SpaceNavy

The Eridanus Insurrection - An Arma 3 Total Modication

Well
without just having it be a few indistinguishable pixels on the edge of your screen. It doesn't block much of your view, except some small patches directly to your left and right (so like landmines mainly), but anything more than 5 meters away would be easy to spot no matter where it was

It is just an image pasted over a pre-recorded video right now, since I have no idea how to add it to the game, so some of the hud will be covered in the video

You could go even further than that with it though, because that is a bit restricting. Try using Halo 4's FPS view as your reference, the Chief's helmet is visible but only enough to tell you're wearing it. Or look at the helmets in Star Citizen, they're not intrusive but you can tell you're wearing one.

I don't even know if doing something like this in ArmA is possible, but hopefully the devs find a way. They made a good point about the ODST helmets not restricting your vision, and they shouldn't in any way. However, that small trim of pixels at the bottom left and right corners and a small trim up top would make for a really cool overlay. I'll try and cook one up in photoshop and post it here.

-EDIT-

Here's something I cooked up in photoshop really quick to show what I was talking about, threw in some VISR effects and a piss filter to make it look authentic.

http://i.imgur.com/2HIuRa1.jpg

Edited by Trooper226

You could go even further than that with it though, because that is a bit restricting. Try using Halo 4's FPS view as your reference, the Chief's helmet is visible but only enough to tell you're wearing it. Or look at the helmets in Star Citizen, they're not intrusive but you can tell you're wearing one.

I don't even know if doing something like this in ArmA is possible, but hopefully the devs find a way. They made a good point about the ODST helmets not restricting your vision, and they shouldn't in any way. However, that small trim of pixels at the bottom left and right corners and a small trim up top would make for a really cool overlay. I'll try and cook one up in photoshop and post it here.

-EDIT-

Here's something I cooked up in photoshop really quick to show what I was talking about, threw in some VISR effects and a piss filter to make it look authentic.

Great example, that would be great.

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/0/118/1042375-h3odst_campaign_1stpersonvisr02.jpg

It is posible to change all the UI icons positions? Because if ammo and grenades could be displayed like there it would be great, also displaying the direction you are facing in the upper part, or even adding a radar like in the halo games, mqrking the enemies around you. Though that should be switched off in 3rd person, it just would feel strange and awkward having that interface in third person. That would be exclusive to Odsts, or marines/army will get something similar too?

Look at the helmets in Interstellar marines. That's perfect in my opinion. You can see the helmet but its not intrusive.

Great example, that would be great.

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/0/118/1042375-h3odst_campaign_1stpersonvisr02.jpg

It is posible to change all the UI icons positions? Because if ammo and grenades could be displayed like there it would be great, also displaying the direction you are facing in the upper part, or even adding a radar like in the halo games, mqrking the enemies around you. Though that should be switched off in 3rd person, it just would feel strange and awkward having that interface in third person. That would be exclusive to Odsts, or marines/army will get something similar too?

We know that someone, either Marine or Army (I forget) had a radar on his HUD during one of the terminals in the MCC, so I don't think it would be out of the question.

Look at the helmets in Interstellar marines. That's perfect in my opinion. You can see the helmet but its not intrusive.

I almost forgot about that, yeah that's a great example too.

i am actually wondering when the Spartans are coming ;)

True, it feels like you are wearing a helmey, yet you still hqve a Wide range of vision.

http://media.interstellarmarines.com/media/images/steamearlyaccess/interstellarmarines_early_access_update_6_small.jpg

But that design is very different from the odst helmet, at least from the Lower part. Though the feeling should be very similar and offer as much vision as possible.

Some people are really unobservant...

Hate to pop your bubble, but this mod will not be releasing Spartans or Aliens or anything unhuman or superhuman, as it would be very difficult to script or it would be overpowered af.

The Devs have spoken a long time ago about this.

Never. Sorry.

That HUD concept looks cool though.

Maybe we can get it added in as a option like the colors.

-EDIT-

Beautiful.

probably the most important addition to the next update

http://i.imgur.com/ai3shpr.jpg

it has been killing me that the chinstraps got lost somehow xd they are making a big comeback lol

chin straps confirmed get hype!

Any plans to give the troopers/marines more gear? At the moment they don't seem to have any ammo pouches, soft-shell cases, medkits or admin pouches etc. Chinstrap looks great though.

Any plans to give the troopers/marines more gear? At the moment they don't seem to have any ammo pouches, soft-shell cases, medkits or admin pouches etc. Chinstrap looks great though.

That, and I would say if you were to go in and reskin the ODST backpack to fit the camouflages of each UNSC unit, that would look a bit better. Not that the default backpacks look bad or out of place, but I noticed there's one UNSC unit who isn't an ODST and has that backpack and it looks a lot better.

If we need to push the Cougar, Scorpion, Falcon, and Hornet back to get that chinstrap, then that's what needs to happen.

oh and also for the people who said the textures on the AT hog looked like the stuff that comes out of a horses ass, we had a hiccup on our end with texture files. we fixed it.

http://i.imgur.com/MiXaXYX.jpg

AWESOME!

Just something that has crossed my mind, if there are snow warthogs, are you planning to add a third army group with snow/arctic camo?

I'm quite happy with the actual state of the warthogs, but here is some constructive criticism with suggestions to improve them:

What kind of sights/scopes will every warthog be getting? I hope that at the end all of them get the thermal vision, also the MG warthog has some kind of camera, why not using that as a secondary scope? So you can switch from one another depending your preference/circumstances.

Another thing that I have noticed is that the black warthog looks more dark green than black, could it look more like ODST color? Vehicles with black camo could have ODSTS as passengers btw :)

Last thing, aren't the green warthog wheels too much brown? These look ok with the brown/desert warthog, and looks like the dark warthog has less and looks more ok. The snow on the white wheels warthog is perfect. Could the green warthog wheels be like the snow ones? (But with mud instead of snow, of course).

Edited by nightovizard

Ignore the wheels. We're going back and doing all of that again anyway with more detail :)

I love this mod. It's like a dream come true!

I'm not sure if this has been suggested already, but allow me to shoot you a suggestion for the future of the AR scope:

Taken out of Halo Custom Edition, which we have to thank for the overwhelming amount of awesome it contains! \o/

http://i.imgur.com/Dq6nO7v.jpg (449 kB)

Maybe make the zoom adjustable starting from IS to the current mag level (this would eliminate the need of IS counter), perhaps even add more vision modes.

EDIT: Or alternatively, replace IS with a 2x or 1x version of the scope and the original scoped mode with the mag level currently in place.

Keep it up guys! <3

Edited by Ioan92

oh and also for the people who said the textures on the AT hog looked like the stuff that comes out of a horses ass, we had a hiccup on our end with texture files. we fixed it.

Awesome!

Just wondering, are there going to be any changes with the sights on the AA Warthog? There's no real way to aim unless you scope in and have a Field of View of 5 o_O

I love this mod. It's like a dream come true!

I'm not sure if this has been suggested already, but allow me to shoot you a suggestion for the future of the AR scope:

Taken out of Halo Custom Edition, which we have to thank for the overwhelming amount of awesome it contains! \o/

http://i.imgur.com/Dq6nO7v.jpg (449 kB)

Maybe make the zoom adjustable starting from IS to the current mag level (this would eliminate the need of IS counter), perhaps even add more vision modes.

EDIT: Or alternatively, replace IS with a 2x or 1x version of the scope and the original scoped mode with the mag level currently in place.

Keep it up guys! <3

That is a nice scope view! With a transparent peripheral view that would be perfect.

Awesome!

Just wondering, are there going to be any changes with the sights on the AA Warthog? There's no real way to aim unless you scope in and have a Field of View of 5 o_O

Scope. Do you seriously plan on using it like you would an MG Hog by not aiming properly?

Awesome!

Ignore this, forum glitch. My bad.

---------- Post added at 18:22 ---------- Previous post was at 18:19 ----------

That is a nice scope view! With a transparent peripheral view that would be perfect.

Scope. Do you seriously plan on using it like you would an MG Hog by not aiming properly?

No I was just kind of hoping the sights to be kind of like the sights on the AAF HMG Pickup Trucks.............

That, and I would say if you were to go in and reskin the ODST backpack to fit the camouflages of each UNSC unit, that would look a bit better. Not that the default backpacks look bad or out of place, but I noticed there's one UNSC unit who isn't an ODST and has that backpack and it looks a lot better.

If we need to push the Cougar, Scorpion, Falcon, and Hornet back to get that chinstrap, then that's what needs to happen.

Also, maybe further down the road, we can get different armor variations for different classes (one shoulder piece, no kneepads, different gear combinations etc.).

Just to clarify, does this mean you might drop the iron-sights completely?

Edited by AMS AGENT 000

No I was just kind of hoping the sights to be kind of like the sights on the AAF HMG Pickup Trucks.............

Dude they are missiles, not an MG.

Just discovered this, amazing mod.

Also, i have a question about the planned maps.

Specifically the New Mombasa one. I was wondering, how is the map going to be structured? Is it all going to be one giant city or have countryside as well?