SpaceNavy

The Eridanus Insurrection - An Arma 3 Total Modication

Reach is the earliest period in the games that we have visual references for all these vehicles (because you should know that Reach takes place before H:CE). Where do you expect us to find designs for vehicles that no one has seen (pre-Reach almost anything)?

DMR and MA37 are being made still.

Just gonna have to get over it.

You misunderstand me. I'm actually trying to say the opposite but I guess it wasn't worded properly. I'm saying that I think the current assets in the game don't look enough like what is seen in Halo Reach. I'm not asking you to find non-existent designs. I'm trying to say that it seems like your visual references seem to be coming from Halo 3 rather than Halo Reach. A good example would be the Pelican or the ODST armor, both of which a quick Google image comparison shows do not resemble their Halo Reach counterparts. If you are indeed using Halo Reach as your main reference, then I am very pleased.

Edited by AMS AGENT 000

you also have to remember that reach was really designed backwards: Being a newer game and having been released much later than halo 3, they had newer graphics systems and such and decided to take advantage of that and improve everything, even though it was in an earlier frame of time. Also, there isn't tat much of a difference between the halo reach odsts and the halo 3 odsts. Also, i'm pretty sure the devs use their own odst armor; look at the shin guards. In the games, they don't go over the feet. Personally i like the dev's design where the shin guard extends to the ankle. It's just little things that don't make much of a difference. Nothing to get too worked up about.

(when i say this, i mean it doesn't make much of a difference as to complain about.)

also, don't really use halo: Reach as a basis for that time frame. Again, bungie worked backwards and improved things in a game that was set in an earlier time frame. Also, alot of reach isn't really canon; scratch that, it just doesn't add up with alot of things in the halo universe.

Example; the pillar of autumn was never actually stationed on reach; it got the distress call and showed up when the sh*t went down and sent in every spartan but the master chief for an eva mission. After the mission was declared a failure and contact was lost with that spartan team after the station they were on was destroyed, the pillar of autumn, in cooperation with the cole protocol, made a random slip-space jump in order to escape reach without leading the covenant to earth, and evidently, it stumbled upon halo.

Okay halo history lesson is now over.

Lesson: Reach is a good game and it's fun, but do not use it as a reliable canon resource.

thank you. Thank you so much for putting it into words. Thank you.

---------- Post added at 17:01 ---------- Previous post was at 17:00 ----------

I think that was in another Spartan's POV and then it switched to John watching out of the port on the Autumn, listening to everyone over the comms and then watching as the station is destroyed.

BTW does anyone know whats up with the italic today? It keeps scripting the end at the end of the post :/

No, most of the Spartans went planet-side to help. Chief, Linda, and two others I don't remember went to the space station.

You misunderstand me. I'm actually trying to say the opposite but I guess it wasn't worded properly. I'm saying that I think the current assets in the game don't look enough like what is seen in Halo Reach. I'm not asking you to find non-existent designs. I'm trying to say that it seems like your visual references seem to be coming from Halo 3 rather than Halo Reach. A good example would be the Pelican or the ODST armor, both of which a quick Google image comparison shows do not resemble their Halo Reach counterparts. If you are indeed using Halo Reach as your main reference, then I am very pleased.

At the end of the day this is the TEI guys mod they can do as they please and use their own artistic choices as appropriate. If you wish to see things a particular way, well perhaps look at creating your own content.

Why does everyone keep talking like Reach is set years before H:CE. Reach is literally set like a month before the beginning of H:CE, if even that.

Why does everyone keep talking like Reach is set years before H:CE. Reach is literally set like a month before the beginning of H:CE, if even that.

NO way. No. Effing. Way. Like a day. Max. The POA made a random slipspace jump as per the Cole Protocol, and Thel Vadum'ee (aka The Arbiter) followed with his fleet immediately. Upon exiting slipspace, Halo was discovered, and so Halo: CE begins.......

NO way. No. Effing. Way. Like a day. Max. The POA made a random slipspace jump as per the Cole Protocol, and Thel Vadum'ee (aka The Arbiter) followed with his fleet immediately. Upon exiting slipspace, Halo was discovered, and so Halo: CE begins.......

Yeah the start of Reach takes place a few months before CE. The end of Reach is mere minutes before CE.

Actually, a good example would be the Pelican from Halo: CE the ORIGINAL.

As I said, Reach was designed AFTER the other games, and therefore has numerous graphical improvements and better models simply for visual appeal.

I think it's something like 2 weeks, at minimum. Human ship speed in Slip-space is around 2 light-years per day.

To put an end to the discussion, the Pillar of Autumn took approximately 3 weeks to travel from Reach to the halo ring. If I remember correctly the Autumn left on August 30th and arrived on September 20th.

And Cortana used coordinates from an old star chart to locate and travel to the ring.

I think it's something like 2 weeks, at minimum. Human ship speed in Slip-space is around 2 light-years per day.
To put an end to the discussion, the Pillar of Autumn took approximately 3 weeks to travel from Reach to the halo ring. If I remember correctly the Autumn left on August 30th and arrived on September 20th.

And Cortana used coordinates from an old star chart to locate and travel to the ring.

My bad. I read somewhere that Cortana jumped to the moon of a nearby uninhabited planet in an uneventful solar system.

Apologies to Scorch as well.

Edited by Midnightm3nace

My bad. I read somewhere that Cortana jumped to the moon of a nearby uninhabited planet in an uneventful solar system.

Apologies to Scorch as well.

Everybody gets confused about something.

On another note, are we going to be seeing the Johnson facial model in the next update, or will that have to wait?

EDIT:

Also, I just noticed that the ODST helmet is flipped. UNSC on the left side of the helmet is spelt CSNU lol.

http://www.halowars.com/assets/leaderpowers3/ob2.jpg

Halo wars alpha/beta had some interesting building designs, may be good concepts for base structures for maps, like using the original UNSC firebase (shown under "wars") as a large bunker

Only issue with some of the buildings is they have ramps leading to underground portions. This is impossible for Arma, so I'm focusing on buildings like http://imgur.com/a/Paibt

Yay rocket hogs. So are these on track for the next release or some future release?

Yay rocket hogs. So are these on track for the next release or some future release?

they are planned for this next release :) they are almost done, doing some tweaking and twerking (what up miley) and they should be ready.

Only issue with some of the buildings is they have ramps leading to underground portions. This is impossible for Arma, so I'm focusing on buildings like http://imgur.com/a/Paibt

I'm pretty sure there is a shader that deletes geometry. I know boats use it so water doesn't go through the model, there should be something similar for terrain.

I'm pretty sure there is a shader that deletes geometry. I know boats use it so water doesn't go through the model, there should be something similar for terrain.

I'll have to look into it, but even if we could, you couldn't use it at all. I'll focus on the models, but there will be no underground ramps.

Edited by IndoorBradster

Off topic posts removed - Please try to stay on topic - Thanks

I think if you were to take that, keep it more on the borders of the screen so it's non-intrusive, that it would make a great asset to the mod.

Well

without just having it be a few indistinguishable pixels on the edge of your screen. It doesn't block much of your view, except some small patches directly to your left and right (so like landmines mainly), but anything more than 5 meters away would be easy to spot no matter where it was

It is just an image pasted over a pre-recorded video right now, since I have no idea how to add it to the game, so some of the hud will be covered in the video

is it planned to have patches (the vanilla Arma 3 ones and others from workshop and other sources) on the armors/uniforms i personaly would love to have that and it would mean more imersion and customizability.

Also whats about different Armors for ODST´s ? like have a nade belt around a shoulder some kind of "im special" feelings ?:D

Oh my god this mod is so saxy, Very well done especially just for alpha phase!