SpaceNavy

The Eridanus Insurrection - An Arma 3 Total Modication

Y'know what doesn't look cool? 1fps. Hahaha!

Cool glitch by the way. How'd that even happen?

Lol ain't that true. That glitch exists with FFV, not us. Not really sure how to do it, I think just try to stand up when seated.

But futuristic city looks so cool. I kid of course but didn't you say you're looking into a New Mombasa map? Anyway I'll just settle for Harvest or Bliss which I'm sure will work just as good without murdering either Arma or you guys.

Also I captured a pretty cool looking glitch on a training exercise you might enjoy.

http://i.imgur.com/LO3zp8E.jpg?1

Well New Mombasa is rather easy compared to other cities like New Alexandria. It's only about 4x4km and we'll represented via the games and in real life (it is a real place after all). Plus the new Mombasa map would ONLY be the city. No huge outside country side or anything. It could be similarly compared to the Minihatten map but hopefully without the crippling low frame rate.

I'm currently in the 9th MEU :D

They have an ODST Division, but it's rather small, to keep the ratio of Marines to ODSTs realistic. It's pretty neat. You should join.

I did join for a bit. Tested out the waters. But 5th Fleet matched my style more. The biggest problem is that both clans put WAAAAY to much emphasis on ONI. ONI should be used in a role play element. Appearing out of no where to a commander going, "I need some guys from you for a side objective," and vanishing again.

Not permently acting as forward scouts or leading whole military campaigns. ONI agents should be used to create side objectives or some element of story truthfully. Idk. People need to read up on books again. I think they all go a little confused by Halo: ODST. Captain Dare. Only took a squad of 5 ODSTs with her. She didn't take over the remaining 100 ODSTs or take full command of ground forces on the ground. I'm just saying.

---------- Post added at 07:36 ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 ----------

just a few ma ideas for this mod, maybe some inspired by Arcadia? it was known to have been densely populated in a specific area and housed many innie bases on it.

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Arcadia

Arcadia would be simple to do Really. Play the multiplayer maps on Halo Wars that are based off the world and not the city from the campaign. The MP maps are more the outskirts or smaller cities. nothing to complex. Arcadia is actually almost completely covered in Dense Jungle. Perfect for innie hideouts and training grounds like the Jungles of South America

Edited by Theronnett

I did join for a bit. Tested out the waters. But 5th Fleet matched my style more. The biggest problem is that both clans put WAAAAY to much emphasis on ONI. ONI should be used in a role play element. Appearing out of know where to a commander going, "I need some guys from you for a side objective," and vanishing again.

Not permently acting as forward scouts or leading whole military campaigns. ONI agents should be used to create side objectives or some element of story truthfully. Idk. People need to read up on books again. I think they all go a little confused by Halo: ODST. Captain Dare. Only took a squad of 5 ODSTs with her. She didn't take over the remaining 100 ODSTs or take full command of ground forces on the ground. I'm just saying.

---------- Post added at 07:36 ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 ----------

Arcadia would be simple to do Really. Play the multiplayer maps on Halo Wars that are based off the world and not the city from the campaign. The MP maps are more the outskirts or smaller cities. nothing to complex. Arcadia is actually almost completely covered in Dense Jungle. Perfect for innie hideouts and training grounds like the Jungles of South America

Just all in good fun man.

ONI acting as forward scouts sounds fine and lore acceptable.

Well the NCO incharge of the ONI operatives in the 5th Fleet is in agreement with me. They are still trying to get they reins of organizing the companies. They should have their 1st official op Saturday. I'll record it and post the results here.

Lol ain't that true. That glitch exists with FFV, not us. Not really sure how to do it, I think just try to stand up when seated.

Well New Mombasa is rather easy compared to other cities like New Alexandria. It's only about 4x4km and we'll represented via the games and in real life (it is a real place after all). Plus the new Mombasa map would ONLY be the city. No huge outside country side or anything. It could be similarly compared to the Minihatten map but hopefully without the crippling low frame rate.

I'm not even sure the countryside would be necessary with a frigate acting as a FOB. If you guys can pull off a map like that, it would be extraordinary. Setting it at sundown to give it that orange glow, AA guns going off in the sky above you as you fight through back alleys and destroyed hotels. I really hope this happens someday.

Don't forget about ONI Recon 111 from Halo 3.

Y'know what doesn't look cool? 1fps. Hahaha!

Cool glitch by the way. How'd that even happen?

Lolol niceeeeee

---------- Post added at 12:44 ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 ----------

Yep, I'd join them, for They are UNSC Army Units and the 3 clans out so far are just UNSC marines units. Sadly.

Also, I believe the 9th has an Army division too.

---------- Post added at 12:47 ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 ----------

Well the NCO incharge of the ONI operatives in the 5th Fleet is in agreement with me. They are still trying to get they reins of organizing the companies. They should have their 1st official op Saturday. I'll record it and post the results here.

I don't recall them having an ONI division though....... *GASPS* Maybe its........

CLASSIFIED....

Lolol niceeeeee

---------- Post added at 12:44 ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 ----------

Also, I believe the 9th has an Army division too.

---------- Post added at 12:47 ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 ----------

I don't recall them having an ONI division though....... *GASPS* Maybe its........

CLASSIFIED....

Nope. The 9th Meu is just marines. Marine Expeditionary Unit. They may go to "save" Army AI. but they have not real army unit. And the 5th are keeping the ONI slots for 5 people. But they are assigning the pilots to ONI for now till there is more for the pilots to do. For they can't even perform simple Cas at the moment

Yeah, the 9th is almost done making their official op as well. I hope in the future that the 405th and 5th fleet can do a massive scale op with us. Or at the very least TvT.

You guys having any plans on adding features similar to these two?

http://makearmanotwar.com/entry/Pb8pttc6dN#.VQwrVo7F_iM

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22570

The HUD one I linked is a bit much (autodetection of all enemies on your screen, both visually and using sound, way OP) but it's a good concept

The glasses one is great, and having similar effects on the full face helmets would be awesome

The HUD one I linked is a bit much (autodetection of all enemies on your screen, both visually and using sound, way OP) but it's a good concept

The glasses one is great, and having similar effects on the full face helmets would be awesome

Do you hear that?

THAT WAS MY CONcEPT BONER!

Why if it already exists

Why if it already exists

I think he means making it compatiable. Like you dl this mod and then when a grenade goes off your helmet gets cracked. If you have the green eye piece, the Tactical Glasses mod would mount onto that.

I think.

Hey guys, why the vehicules are not working on Altis Exploration V6?

I think he means making it compatiable. Like you dl this mod and then when a grenade goes off your helmet gets cracked. If you have the green eye piece, the Tactical Glasses mod would mount onto that.

I think.

yeah that's what I was thinking, except also changing the tactical glasses mod to be more halo themed and a bit better looking

I actually already started working on a more realistic helmet overlay (the fact that the solid bits of the helmets were see through in the games annoyed me, heh)

http://i.imgur.com/m5f57If.jpg

I'm am a huge halo fan (of the Bungie era) and this project makes me very happy and very nostalgic. My only gripe is that the technology used in the mod seems anachronistic. Since this mod takes place on Eridanus, the Marines, ODSTs, weapons and vehicles should be based on those from the Halo:Reach/Pre-2552 period in the timeline.

As it stands, the mod has a weird mix of weapons (MA5 instead of MA37; BR instead of the DMR), armor (Halo 3 ODSTs but Reach Marines/Army) and vehicles (Halo 3 vehicle variants). Any plans to address this down the road or should I just chalk this up to artistic licence?

I'm am a huge halo fan (of the Bungie era) and this project makes me very happy and very nostalgic. My only gripe is that the technology used in the mod seems anachronistic. Since this mod takes place on Eridanus, the Marines, ODSTs, weapons and vehicles should be based on those from the Halo:Reach/Pre-2552 period in the timeline.

As it stands, the mod has a weird mix of weapons (MA5 instead of MA37; BR instead of the DMR), armor (Halo 3 ODSTs but Reach Marines/Army) and vehicles (Halo 3 vehicle variants). Any plans to address this down the road or should I just chalk this up to artistic licence?

weapons wise read the books, MA5s and BRs were in use in that time, MA37 was a UNSC army weapon and which if im not mistaken they are working on the MA37, DMR, Sniper rifle, and a LMG

yeah that's what I was thinking, except also changing the tactical glasses mod to be more halo themed and a bit better looking

I actually already started working on a more realistic helmet overlay (the fact that the solid bits of the helmets were see through in the games annoyed me, heh)

http://i.imgur.com/m5f57If.jpg

Thats a cool design, but the helmet interface is specifically designed not to limit the user's FOV. Pretty sure its even addressed in the lore.

You're gonna just have to chalk it up to license. We're not going to go back and redo entire models just because some of it isn't canon.

Thats a cool design, but the helmet interface is specifically designed not to limit the user's FOV. Pretty sure its even addressed in the lore.

I think if you were to take that, keep it more on the borders of the screen so it's non-intrusive, that it would make a great asset to the mod.

Reach is the earliest period in the games that we have visual references for all these vehicles (because you should know that Reach takes place before H:CE). Where do you expect us to find designs for vehicles that no one has seen (pre-Reach almost anything)?

DMR and MA37 are being made still.

Just gonna have to get over it.

You also have to remember that Reach was really designed backwards: being a newer game and having been released much later than Halo 3, they had newer graphics systems and such and decided to take advantage of that and improve everything, even though it was in an earlier frame of time. Also, there isn't tat much of a difference between the Halo Reach ODSTs and the Halo 3 ODSTs. Also, I'm pretty sure the devs use their own ODST armor; look at the shin guards. In the games, they don't go over the feet. Personally I like the dev's design where the shin guard extends to the ankle. It's just little things that don't make much of a difference. Nothing to get too worked up about.

(When I say this, I mean it doesn't make much of a difference as to complain about.)

Also, don't really use Halo: Reach as a basis for that time frame. Again, Bungie worked backwards and improved things in a game that was set in an earlier time frame. Also, alot of Reach isn't really canon; scratch that, it just doesn't add up with alot of things in the Halo universe.

Example; The Pillar of Autumn was never actually stationed on Reach; it got the distress call and showed up when the sh*t went down and sent in every Spartan but the Master Chief for an EVA mission. After the mission was declared a failure and contact was lost with that Spartan team after the station they were on was destroyed, the Pillar of Autumn, in cooperation with the Cole Protocol, made a random slip-space jump in order to escape Reach without leading the Covenant to Earth, and evidently, it stumbled upon Halo.

Okay Halo history lesson is now over.

Lesson: Reach is a good game and it's fun, but do not use it as a reliable canon resource.

Edited by Midnightm3nace

You also have to remember that Reach was really designed backwards: being a newer game and having been released much later than Halo 3, they had newer graphics systems and such and decided to take advantage of that and improve everything, even though it was in an earlier frame of time. Also, there isn't tat much of a difference between the Halo Reach ODSTs and the Halo 3 ODSTs. Also, I'm pretty sure the devs use their own ODST armor; look at the shin guards. In the games, they don't go over the feet. Personally I like the dev's design where the shin guard extends to the ankle. It's just little things that don't make much of a difference. Nothing to get too worked up about.

(When I say this, I mean it doesn't make much of a difference as to complain about.)

Also, don't really use Halo: Reach as a basis for that time frame. Again, Bungie worked backwards and improved things in a game that was set in an earlier time frame. Also, alot of Reach isn't really canon; scratch that, it just doesn't add up with alot of things in the Halo universe.

Example; The Pillar of Autumn was never actually stationed on Reach; it got the distress call and showed up when the sh*t went down and sent in every Spartan but the Master Chief for an EVA mission. After the mission was declared a failure and contact was lost with that Spartan team after the station they were on was destroyed, the Pillar of Autumn, in cooperation with the Cole Protocol, made a random slip-space jump in order to escape Reach without leading the Covenant to Earth, and evidently, it stumbled upon Halo.

Okay Halo history lesson is now over.

Lesson: Reach is a good game and it's fun, but do not use it as a reliable canon resource.

Actually I'm pretty sure John went on that EVA mission to the station. I remember specifically a scene in the book where Master Chief witnesses Linda getting shot by a charged plasma pistol shot.

Anyways, I'm not sure if anyone has already asked this, but is there plans to make police units and if so are they going to be based on the New Mombasa Police units in Halo 3 ODST? Or will you have separate uniforms and stuff for the police departments of other planets or major cities?

Actually I'm pretty sure John went on that EVA mission to the station. I remember specifically a scene in the book where Master Chief witnesses Linda getting shot by a charged plasma pistol shot.

Anyways, I'm not sure if anyone has already asked this, but is there plans to make police units and if so are they going to be based on the New Mombasa Police units in Halo 3 ODST? Or will you have separate uniforms and stuff for the police departments of other planets or major cities?

I think that was in another Spartan's POV and then it switched to John watching out of the port on the Autumn, listening to everyone over the comms and then watching as the station is destroyed.

BTW does anyone know whats up with the italic today? It keeps scripting the end at the end of the post :/