SpaceNavy

The Eridanus Insurrection - An Arma 3 Total Modication

holy... shit...

I would pay to play this mod. I must find time to play this!

[quote name='nightovizard;2903118

static grenade launcher:

http://frankiepereda38.deviantart.com/art/MG460-AGL-189947869 (warthog grenade launcher? not sue though' date=' that's not cannon I think)

[url'] MG460 AGL Side[/url]

http://frankiepereda38.deviantart.com/art/Mounted-Missile-Pod-Concept-190130412

That's the gmg for the gunner station for the falcon

Marksman DLC release on April 8th. Excited to see how the devs will use what it brings to their mod.

http://arma3.com/news/arma-3-marksmen-dlc-available-on-april-8th#.VQrr0HMQHqD

Edited by Theronnett

Yeah weapons being useless at a 100m is bs. On halo reach there was an achievement for head shoting someone 300m with a dmr. So that person who said that never tried it or never read the books.

I said assault rifle being useless at 100m, not all weapons (although I would have the other weapons obviously scale to match). For comparison, this is what 300m in arma looks like http://imgur.com/yqj4pT6.

300m isn't the same in every game you play. Shit in arma always looks tiny at a distance, which is why I exaggerated the dropoff to account for that guy looking like he's a lot farther away than he actually is

I can barely think of a map in any of the halo games when an enemy ever looks that small in multiplayer, and if there is one (a few of the halo reach maps are pretty big), chances are there's a piece of terrain between you and the other dude anyway. Yet here I can hit him 2-4 times with an assault rifle and have him fall over no problem. If you're seriously arguing with me by using the games and books as an example, (even after the devs said they're not going to make it like the games) I'm sure stuff like

happens in the games all the time, taking out 6 guys with one mag from an assault rifle at that distance

I mean shit we have body armor today that can stop a full mag of 7.62x39 FMJ at point blank, yeah your ribs wouldn't be doing great, but I wasn't suggesting invincibility. Hell I'm not suggesting they change the armor at all. If they don't want to, I won't try and make them, I'll just make a script that increases the armor myself and not try to force everyone to play it my way, even though I think the current way is more unrealistic than what I'm suggesting

Not sure if this has been asked before (haven't had time to check all 250 some pages), but why do units with the MA5B only have 32 rounds when in the actual Halo games it was 60? Other than that, my hat goes off to the devs! Fantastic mod, and I look forward to to it slowly consuming my life.

Not sure if this has been asked before (haven't had time to check all 250 some pages), but why do units with the MA5B only have 32 rounds when in the actual Halo games it was 60? Other than that, my hat goes off to the devs! Fantastic mod, and I look forward to to it slowly consuming my life.

in the later games it had 32 (yeah I know they changed the name, don't nerdrage me)

You can actually use 60 round mags for it, just go into the virtual arsenal and make a loadout with the 60 round ammo magazines instead of the 32s, click export (saves the loadout to your copy/paste thing) then open up the editor and place down a unit and paste the thing you exported into the init field, and it should give you all the equipment you set up in the armory

Edited by Tripod27

I said assault rifle being useless at 100m, not all weapons (although I would have the other weapons obviously scale to match). For comparison, this is what 300m in arma looks like http://imgur.com/yqj4pT6.

300m isn't the same in every game you play. Shit in arma always looks tiny at a distance, which is why I exaggerated the dropoff to account for that guy looking like he's a lot farther away than he actually is

I can barely think of a map in any of the halo games when an enemy ever looks that small in multiplayer, and if there is one (a few of the halo reach maps are pretty big), chances are there's a piece of terrain between you and the other dude anyway. Yet here I can hit him 2-4 times with an assault rifle and have him fall over no problem. If you're seriously arguing with me by using the games and books as an example, (even after the devs said they're not going to make it like the games) I'm sure stuff like

happens in the games all the time, taking out 6 guys with one mag from an assault rifle at that distance

I mean shit we have body armor today that can stop a full mag of 7.62x39 FMJ at point blank, yeah your ribs wouldn't be doing great, but I wasn't suggesting invincibility. Hell I'm not suggesting they change the armor at all. If they don't want to, I won't try and make them, I'll just make a script that increases the armor myself and not try to force everyone to play it my way, even though I think the current way is more unrealistic than what I'm suggesting

Then you never read Contact Harvest with Avery Johnson Training the Militia to hit targets at a 300m range and in Halo: CE, Halo 3, Reach and HA, If you turn off the shields, but keep the Regen armor health, if you fire in short burst with the AR, you can easily kill a spartan from 200m in blood gulch or Forge world

and full mag? Man I wish, the vest I wore in Iraq only stopped 3 rounds max

Edited by Theronnett

#1. Yes, This is based off of the books, not the games. The games are balanced for the sake of being a GAME; Arma is a military Simulator.

#2. The size at distance depends on your field of view, and there are also scopes. In real life, that wouldn't be a problem. Also, Arma is not Halo. This brings Halo concepts to Arma, for the sake of giving the players options, and making Halo in a simulator's perspective instead of a COD perspective.

#3. What the hell are you talking about!?!? There is no type of Body Armor that can withstand a full mag of 7.62 at POINT BLANK. First, define a mag. It it's a ONE SHOT mag, then MAYBE. But otherwise, Hell no!!! You're talking about multiple impacts at near Mach 1 speeds, and at point blank. Body armor that can Withstand 7.62 FMJ rounds are made of Ceramic composites anyways, which shatter after only a few hits. There is no way. And also, that armor is very bulky and cannot be applied everywhere on your body. Why do you think we lost soldiers in Iraq?

I'm sorry for b*tching, but for crying out loud, I live in the state with the worst gun laws ever and I hear some pretty ridiculous sh*t, and it's just annoying now. Arma is classified as a simulator. This mod is for Arma, not Halo. It is meant to bring the Halo world to realistic terms, and give people the playability they've dreamed of, such as flying people in as a pelican pilot, being an ODST and dropping from orbit, and actually being the army that fights instead of watching them get raped in the environmental background.

This mod is amazing, and nothing but. It was never intended to be a recreation of the Halo games as I have said. The map thing? again. This is Arma. Get real guys. This isn't Halo, this brings the Halo universe to the playability of Arma in it's game engine.

Love it or hate it. Choose one.

I, for one, love it.

#1. Yes, This is based off of the books, not the games. The games are balanced for the sake of being a GAME; Arma is a military Simulator.

#2. The size at distance depends on your field of view, and there are also scopes. In real life, that wouldn't be a problem. Also, Arma is not Halo. This brings Halo concepts to Arma, for the sake of giving the players options, and making Halo in a simulator's perspective instead of a COD perspective.

#3. What the hell are you talking about!?!? There is no type of Body Armor that can withstand a full mag of 7.62 at POINT BLANK. First, define a mag. It it's a ONE SHOT mag, then MAYBE. But otherwise, Hell no!!! You're talking about multiple impacts at near Mach 1 speeds, and at point blank. Body armor that can Withstand 7.62 FMJ rounds are made of Ceramic composites anyways, which shatter after only a few hits. There is no way. And also, that armor is very bulky and cannot be applied everywhere on your body. Why do you think we lost soldiers in Iraq?

I'm sorry for b*tching, but for crying out loud, I live in the state with the worst gun laws ever and I hear some pretty ridiculous sh*t, and it's just annoying now. Arma is classified as a simulator. This mod is for Arma, not Halo. It is meant to bring the Halo world to realistic terms, and give people the playability they've dreamed of, such as flying people in as a pelican pilot, being an ODST and dropping from orbit, and actually being the army that fights instead of watching them get raped in the environmental background.

This mod is amazing, and nothing but. It was never intended to be a recreation of the Halo games as I have said. The map thing? again. This is Arma. Get real guys. This isn't Halo, this brings the Halo universe to the playability of Arma in it's game engine.

I, for one, love it.

hqdefault.jpg

Epic my man

On a super fun side note, The 124th Infantry had the 501st Regiment in it for the fight on reach, That is right Vader's Fist Fought in the Battle for Reach

http://www.halopedia.org/Order_of_battle_%28Viery,_Reach%29

if Star Wars existed as entertainment. You know the Regimental Commander would've named his Unit that.

3a4037038fce6cb6ec336b8671835bbd.jpg

and the 34th Infantry had the 1337 Battalion lol

Edited by Theronnett

I, for one, love it.

#1. Alright cool, I already made a script to balance it like it is in the games, so I don't care :) I need to wait until they fix the clothing magically making you die to one shot in the arm or leg to get it perfect though, since now you're more survivable if you take it off

#2. Can't argue with anything here

#3.

, so it has no problems with the entire thing shattering after a few hits. Obviously TODAY we can't make full body protection that good and not have it weigh so much that you might as well just be an APC, but a few hundred years in the future you'd figure they'd make it light enough to wear similar protection over the majority of your body and stop 9 7.62x51 rounds to the chest before failing (the armor I linked can stop a
and barely dent, could probably absorb 3 times as much fire as in the games before the steel plate fails from fatigue and overheating)

The mod definitely is amazing, and I'll be supporting it as much as I can, I just don't like being called an idiot COD kid for expecting armor of the future to NOT be worse than the armor of today

Since I read some were that the ODST's were the elite in this game, So I created a quick firefight; 6 ODST's against 12 Insurrectionist. The result, All of the insurrectionist died with only two of the ODST dead. o.O? This doesn't make much sense to me. Are the ODST OP or something?

#1. Alright cool, I already made a script to balance it like it is in the games, so I don't care :) I need to wait until they fix the clothing magically making you die to one shot in the arm or leg to get it perfect though, since now you're more survivable if you take it off

#3.

, so it has no problems with the entire thing shattering after a few hits. Obviously TODAY we can't make full body protection that good and not have it weigh so much that you might as well just be an APC, but a few hundred years in the future you'd figure they'd make it light enough to wear similar protection over the majority of your body and stop 9 7.62x51 rounds to the chest before failing (the armor I linked can stop a
and barely dent, could probably absorb 3 times as much fire as in the games before the steel plate fails from fatigue and overheating)

The mod definitely is amazing, and I'll be supporting it as much as I can, I just don't like being called an idiot COD kid for expecting armor of the future to NOT be worse than the armor of today

I don't think anyone called you an idiot, but asking for guns to be only effective in mid-range combat is a large request, you shouldn't be so salty about it. Plus, as armor advances, so will the guns that combat it. I don't think anyone here wants to waste a hole magazine on an Innie to have them not die, and then have them return the favor, then you both run out of ammo. Any sort of 1-shot bugs do need to be patched, and I'm sure they'll fix armor values to be appropriate, but asking for at least 10 shots to kill somebody at 100+ meters is a little ridiculous. Gameplay above everything.

Since I read some were that the ODST's were the elite in this game, So I created a quick firefight; 6 ODST's against 12 Insurrectionist. The result, All of the insurrectionist died with only two of the ODST dead. o.O? This doesn't make much sense to me. Are the ODST OP or something?

The ODST armor is stronger, ODST's AI is higher skilled, and ArmA AI is unpredictable. Run that scenario again and you might get the opposite. But, yes, the ODSTs are basically special forces.

Also, to Tripod27, and Theronnett: I appreciate you alls' enthusiasm and interest, but, you have to stop. This is just devolving into shit-flinging, which we really don't need. Understand all things are being tweaked and changed as we go. We are considering some of your input, but if we deny some of your ideas, please don't hold it against us. We are putting Halo things into the ArmA gameplay, not the other way around.

I don't think anyone called you an idiot, but asking for guns to be only effective in mid-range combat is a large request, you shouldn't be so salty about it. Plus, as armor advances, so will the guns that combat it. I don't think anyone here wants to waste a hole magazine on an Innie to have them not die, and then have them return the favor, then you both run out of ammo. Any sort of 1-shot bugs do need to be patched, and I'm sure they'll fix armor values to be appropriate, but asking for at least 10 shots to kill somebody at 100+ meters is a little ridiculous. Gameplay above everything.

I guess it's down to personal preference more than anything for me

I got tired of "shoot the 4 pixels in the distance simulator" (or get a high powered rifle and scope to shoot them easier simulator), which is why I changed the game to make shooting people at those ranges ineffective

I stopped requesting them to change it as soon as they said they won't change it, and then I just changed it for myself

edit: alright scorch I'm done talking about armor values, promise :P. Also is your name from star wars republic commandos? that game was badass, been waiting ages for a sequel

I get what you are saying but ODSTs are Special Forces; so would you say that 6 (Enter SF group here) could take on 12 Insurrectionists? I think they could with little to no losses. But of course this is Arma where AI are not known for their intelligence, just their mad quickscoping abilities and x-ray vision.

If it were the Army or Marines in the ODST's place, I would expect a higher casualty rate.

EDIT:

Tripod reminded me of this idea but, are you going to implement zeroing in the irons of the BR or MA5? It is annoying shooting at someone 20m away with a 300m zeroing without a reticle on the HUD.

Edited by FrostyWheats
Added post

#3.

Alright. I apologize, I've just had it with the incompetent gun people all over (

), and all the CODfags around here who want it to take 10+ head shots to kill someone. Also, most body armors have composites in them. AR500 does as well, but it has a metal plate in front of it. Nonetheless, it will not take a full 30-round magazine at point blank no problem.

Also, remember: while armor has improved, so have the guns. Look at the caliber for those mofos; they make a 7.62 round look like a fetus.

---------- Post added at 23:26 ---------- Previous post was at 23:11 ----------

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/s2NQCzJuFH8/hqdefault.jpg

Epic my man

On a super fun side note, The 124th Infantry had the 501st Regiment in it for the fight on reach, That is right Vader's Fist Fought in the Battle for Reach

http://www.halopedia.org/Order_of_battle_%28Viery,_Reach%29

if Star Wars existed as entertainment. You know the Regimental Commander would've named his Unit that.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/3a/40/37/3a4037038fce6cb6ec336b8671835bbd.jpg

and the 34th Infantry had the 1337 Battalion lol

Lol nieec. Someone should make Milsim units out of those divisions.

---------- Post added at 23:31 ---------- Previous post was at 23:26 ----------

I guess it's down to personal preference more than anything for me

I got tired of "shoot the 4 pixels in the distance simulator" (or get a high powered rifle and scope to shoot them easier simulator), which is why I changed the game to make shooting people at those ranges ineffective

I stopped requesting them to change it as soon as they said they won't change it, and then I just changed it for myself

edit: alright scorch I'm done talking about armor values, promise :P. Also is your name from star wars republic commandos? that game was badass, been waiting ages for a sequel

Weeeell idk about his name but yes that game was incredibly badass. They probably won't make a sequel :(

Lol nieec. Someone should make Milsim units out of those divisions.

Yep, I'd join them, for They are UNSC Army Units and the 3 clans out so far are just UNSC marines units. Sadly.

Yep, I'd join them, for They are UNSC Army Units and the 3 clans out so far are just UNSC marines units. Sadly.

I'm currently in the 9th MEU :D

They have an ODST Division, but it's rather small, to keep the ratio of Marines to ODSTs realistic. It's pretty neat. You should join.

I'm currently in the 9th MEU :D

They have an ODST Division, but it's rather small, to keep the ratio of Marines to ODSTs realistic. It's pretty neat. You should join.

He just said He wanted to join Army..

As much as I'd love to have a map that takes place on Pirth, Arcadia or New Alexandria, Reach, I don't think arma can handle them on account that the cities of halo are practically one big building with multiple smaller buildings on top of them. I'm not even sure what the largest building you can build in Arma is for that matter. That said imagine doing battle on someplace like New Alexandria

As much as I'd love to have a map that takes place on Pirth, Arcadia or New Alexandria, Reach, I don't think arma can handle them on account that the cities of halo are practically one big building with multiple smaller buildings on top of them. I'm not even sure what the largest building you can build in Arma is for that matter. That said imagine doing battle on someplace like New Alexandria

No one said we have to do a map in the center of a dense futuristic city

No one said we have to do a map in the center of a dense futuristic city

But futuristic city looks so cool. I kid of course but didn't you say you're looking into a New Mombasa map? Anyway I'll just settle for Harvest or Bliss which I'm sure will work just as good without murdering either Arma or you guys.

Also I captured a pretty cool looking glitch on a training exercise you might enjoy.

http://i.imgur.com/LO3zp8E.jpg?1

But futuristic city looks so cool.

Y'know what doesn't look cool? 1fps. Hahaha!

Cool glitch by the way. How'd that even happen?