SpaceNavy

The Eridanus Insurrection - An Arma 3 Total Modication

Anyway, now that I know that this is meant to be just a reskin and not change gameplay (considering you have "neurally implanted night vision", I figured people making better armor in the future wasn't nearly as ridiculous, which is why I asked)
Wasn't meant as a jab. I know some might like the console game's damage values, but I much prefer the more realistic/gritty books, as it makes the war seem a lot deadlier and interesting. I feel as though the game's damage values are as they are due to it being an arena shooter (at least Halo 3 and before). It just doesn't make sense to me that the military would adopt an "assault" rifle that can't shoot past 100m when the average zero for modern day rifles is at 300m. I feel as though doing that in ARMA would just be silly due to ARMA's playstyle, not because of the games itself.

I wouldn't call 4-5 shots to the chest useless. As armor progresses so will weapons to outperform it. Having a weapon do nothing at 100m is completely ridiculous. The goal of the mod isn't to completely copy Halo and introduce it into ArmA's engine, it's to have that immersive ArmA gameplay with elements from the Halo games.

You're suggesting armor and weapon values from Halo be introduced into ArmA and it would just make for terrible gameplay.

As for weapon weight, I'm sure the devs will give them accurate values at some point. Though I would consider that low priority, I'm too excited for the Scorpion, Cougar, Falcon, and Hornet to care.

Off-topic rant below

ArmA's current gameplay is just a game of "grab the longest range gun you can find that oneshots people and stick the biggest scope possible on it" and I don't see making assault rifles not having scopes help with that.

As far as realism, armor at range CAN make weapons do absolutely nothing, that's why tanks have trouble penetrating each other at range but can pen up close. The current stock armor in arma is usually good for 4-5 shots, so having armor from the future made out of chunky plates of composite armor and cloth 3-10 times stronger (depending if you're going by volume or by weight) than kevlar being only 10% more effective is actually more ridiculous. and even if weapon technology might advance in the future (most technologies that make armor better that are being developed rely on flexibility to absorb the impact, not density, so you can't just apply the technology from armor to weapons like you used to, bouncy bullets aren't great) and I haven't seen much in the way of new and improved technologies applicable to smallarms in the works, so it wouldn't be ridiculous to bet on armor technology in the future to be a bit ahead of weapons technology (at least for ammunition smaller than an inch across) like it has some times in the past

Either way the devs said they don't want to change it, so I won't bother arguing with them to change it (I will argue about whether or not people can say my suggestion is "ridiculous" when neurally implanted night vision and dropping out of the sky from orbit in a metal box going fast enough to have re-entry effects before impact and surviving is fine)

I came here to try and help out though, not complain and argue about stuff, so I'll also suggest that whoever's modeling the undersuits should try deleting the bits of clothing under the wristguards for the undersuits that have wristguards, because the clothing below clips through, and unless the entire forearm is a cylinder with only one lengthwise "cut", deleting that part of the clothing should save on polygons as well

I could help out with actually making assets, but I've only ever made scripts for ARMA 3 and even that was ages ago (honestly haven't touched arma until one of the youtubers I'm subscribed to showed me this mod), and I read that you guys aren't going to bother teaching people what programs they need to get models and stuff working in the game and not just as a 3d model so it'll take a while for me to actually get to the point where I could actually put stuff into the game and make it work

@Tripod27

I seriously doubt the neural implants give you night vision. A hud, maybe, but not goddamn night vision. It doesn't change the anatomy of the human eye, so it doesn't change the level of light intensity needed to make things visible. You'd need a separate ocular implant for that. As in, replace the eye with something better or have something magnify the light like goggles, or futuristic contact lenses, or glasses. Night-vision goggles work by magnifying light into the visible spectrum and displaying the edited image on a screen on the inside. Also, ODST pods slow down before they hit the ground with airfoils and retrograde thrusters. So I don't know where you're getting "neurally implanted night vision and dropping out of the sky from orbit in a metal box going fast enough to have re-entry effects before impact and surviving is fine". Other than that, I agree with you. The armor should be a *little* ahead of weapons tech by this point, but not to the point of making them useless at 100m, or taking ten+ torso shots to kill someone.

Edited by FlightofIcarus

@Tripod27

I seriously doubt the neural implants give you night vision. A hud, maybe, but not goddamn night vision. It doesn't change the anatomy of the human eye, so it doesn't change the level of light intensity needed to make things visible. You'd need a separate ocular implant for that. As in, replace the eye with something better or have something magnify the light like goggles, or futuristic contact lenses, or glasses. Night-vision goggles work by magnifying light into the visible spectrum and displaying the edited image on a screen on the inside. Also, ODST pods slow down before they hit the ground with airfoils and retrograde thrusters. So I don't know where you're getting "neurally implanted night vision and dropping out of the sky from orbit in a metal box going fast enough to have re-entry effects before impact and surviving is fine". Other than that, I agree with you. The armor should be a *little* ahead of weapons tech by this point, but not to the point of making them useless at 100m, or taking ten+ torso shots to kill someone.

*sigh*

yes that's a link, click it :)

You might be right about the drop pods, I know they had the shitty little metal parachute that broke off like 5 seconds before impact, but I figured the flames coming out the bottom were air compression effects, not retrograde thrusters. Still looks fast as hell though

Can the HEVs go through buildings? And can they be shot down by enemy AA? I I making a mission, and involves smashing through building... and enemy AA shooting down friendly HEVs.Thanks for making this mod, I absolutely LOVE it.

Regarding being engaged by AA... As I understand it, no. But they will engage once you have hit the ground.

As for buildings... Again no, the Arma engine generally doesn't support dynamic destruction, the building is either destroyed or intact.

That ISN'T to say it can't be done, what you want can be scripted. But it wouldn't be perfect, especially the building destruction.

Regards Hawk.

Regarding being engaged by AA... As I understand it, no. But they will engage once you have hit the ground.

As for buildings... Again no, the Arma engine generally doesn't support dynamic destruction, the building is either destroyed or intact.

That ISN'T to say it can't be done, what you want can be scripted. But it wouldn't be perfect, especially the building destruction.

Regards Hawk.

Oh, okay. Thanks a lot. I guess I'll change tctics amd make it a pelican insertion. Again, thanx a lot.

@Tripod27

well we wouldnt know for sure, but i hear neural implants are in the works for real life soldiers, cant remember where i heard it, but we wont know t'ill they happen

Oh, okay. Thanks a lot. I guess I'll change tctics amd make it a pelican insertion. Again, thanx a lot.

Do you need to see it get shot down, or just crash? Because you can spawn non-player controlled ones in the air and have them just fall down with gravity and crash and explode and flip over

You could probably set up a trigger to blow it up a few seconds after you launch, but I wouldn't know what to do to make the AI pod launch at the same time as you launch yours, and you would have to put something else up in the air for the AI to shoot at to make it look like they're shooting at you

Is there a way to get AGM to replace the medical supplies in this mod with its own like it does with first aid kits in the base game?

Do you need to see it get shot down, or just crash? Because you can spawn non-player controlled ones in the air and have them just fall down with gravity and crash and explode and flip over

You could probably set up a trigger to blow it up a few seconds after you launch, but I wouldn't know what to do to make the AI pod launch at the same time as you launch yours, and you would have to put something else up in the air for the AI to shoot at to make it look like they're shooting at you

I think it would be possible to attach "target" thingy (similar to the one created by laser designator) to HEV.

No, I dont know how to do that.

I was able to succesfully install the mod. However when I go into the Virtual Arsenal and select any of the MA5 models the game crashes. Whats wrong?

I was able to succesfully install the mod. However when I go into the Virtual Arsenal and select any of the MA5 models the game crashes. Whats wrong?

Turn off ASDG Joint Rails.

I'm reading the forums and some of you guys are getting really upset with these neural implants. But you forget something. Check these pictures out

halo:CEA Marine https://xboxoz360.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/halo-anniversary-comparison-screenshots-oxcgn-4.jpg

Halo Reach trooper

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130729185840/deadliestfiction/images/5/5a/Halo_Reach_-_Marine_(Standing).png

See the metal plate on the front of their helmets? That's a metal base plate where you attach NVG to your helmet. What does what mean? Not everyone had neural implants and that a lots of troopers and marines actually wore a traditional pair of nods to operate at night. And these pictures are during the covie war. So that does that mean? It is quite possible that a lot of trooper and Marines just wore a regular set of nods during the Insurrection.

Edited by Theronnett

Your mod has been added to ArmaRepo!

If you wanted to claim and update your mod to include the content you'd like to showcase, register for the site and I'd be happy to assign it to you (there is an edit button on each mod).

downloadAtArmaRepo.png

My site is still under development and lots of polish needs to be done, however downloads are blazing fast. The best way for the community to lend a hand is to submit Mods so I can build out planned news, feedly & flipboard integration, pagination, search and much more!

I'm proud to bring end user submission and editing to the community so you are in control of your content!

-ZB

well we wouldnt know for sure, but i hear neural implants are in the works for real life soldiers, cant remember where i heard it, but we wont know t'ill they happen

You know. Just renaming the neural implant to make it seem like it was the helmet itself that provided the NVG effect could also work Too. Like "Optical night vision enhancement" implying that it's the ODST helmet or maybe the eye piece or the glasses you wear that are giving you your Night vision.

For example, I wear the tactical glasses whenever I'm wearing the trooper helmets to get this look http://images.wikia.com/halo/images/8/89/Halo_Reach_-_Army_Soldier.png

And you its those glasses that give him is NVG abilities. Just a suggestion to stop all the fighting.

Personally I don't care what's its called. It works and that's all that matters.

Your mod has been added to ArmaRepo!

If you wanted to claim and update your mod to include the content you'd like to showcase, register for the site and I'd be happy to assign it to you (there is an edit button on each mod).

http://arma.modrepo.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2015/03/downloadAtArmaRepo.png

My site is still under development and lots of polish needs to be done, however downloads are blazing fast. The best way for the community to lend a hand is to submit Mods so I can build out planned news, feedly & flipboard integration, pagination, search and much more!

I'm proud to bring end user submission and editing to the community so you are in control of your content!

-ZB

So anyone can use this to upload mods?

Would perhaps a unit be able to upload a custom "mod pack" for accessibility?

Edited by sir-collins

Think about using arma3sync. It's highly effective for units with mod packs

Please ask that question in the ArmaRepo thread and not in this thread - Thanks

All right, All right.

What I'm seeing here, is alot of b*tching.

The devs already did their homework and discussed their topic on the neural implants. It's THEIR mod, let them d what they want. We (including myself) should all stop complaining and start saying THANKS for the awesomeness they have provided us.

Also, about the damage values, are you kidding?

I get the one shot to the leg thing, but BEING USELESS AT 100 METERS? HAVE YOU PLAYED ARMA?

It already takes 4-7 body shots from a BR to kill an Innie or CSAT at that range. And one of the reason I loved this mod is because the damage values made it more balanced, as compared to the normal Arma, where the AI is OP AF.

Thank you devs, thank you for the great gift of TEI. Keep up the good work.

All right, All right.

What I'm seeing here, is alot of b*tching.

The devs already did their homework and discussed their topic on the neural implants. It's THEIR mod, let them d what they want. We (including myself) should all stop complaining and start saying THANKS for the awesomeness they have provided us.

Also, about the damage values, are you kidding?

I get the one shot to the leg thing, but BEING USELESS AT 100 METERS? HAVE YOU PLAYED ARMA?

It already takes 4-7 body shots from a BR to kill an Innie or CSAT at that range. And one of the reason I loved this mod is because the damage values made it more balanced, as compared to the normal Arma, where the AI is OP AF.

Thank you devs, thank you for the great gift of TEI. Keep up the good work.

Haha. I agree with you on all points. But i think you miss understood the damage topic I think. Or I miss understood what they are talking about. But the AI armor values and hp Are not a problem. It Is the player UNSC gear it self. The fatigues are broken on all UNSC fatigues. 1 shot from a MA5B will drop you At any range. But the devs are tracking And are working on that.

Yeah weapons being useless at a 100m is bs. On halo reach there was an achievement for head shoting someone 300m with a dmr. So that person who said that never tried it or never read the books.

The neural implant and people crying about, it is pretty funny. Why I wrote and showed in a few pictures that people have a problem with them, they can use regular NVGs for the helmets, for they totally have the base plate for them and the devs actually took the time to make the regular NVGs look good on the unsc trooper helmet. And if people are real fincky about the use of nods. wear tac glasses or a Eva helmet or the ODST gear and say it's part of the hud. Forget about the name lol. It's what I do. Or I Imangine my eyes glows like commander Shepard from mass effect and act like a bad ass ^^

Edited by Theronnett