SpaceNavy

The Eridanus Insurrection - An Arma 3 Total Modication

Are you guys planning to make pilot helmets? and if not would you be made if I donated a model that I might potentially make because they're awesome? :p

http://www.halopedia.org/images/thumb/8/84/Bumblebee_pilot_-_CEA.jpg/300px-Bumblebee_pilot_-_CEA.jpg

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111119022534/halo/images/b/b9/Halo_ce_pilot.png

Both of those look awesome but don't forget about the Halo 2 pilot helmets

http://halo4nation.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/H2A-Outskirts-1024x530.jpg

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111022184522/halo/images/c/c1/PelicanPilots1.jpg

(Halo 2's pilot helmets aren't as good as the others, though)

Edited by FrostyWheats
Grammar

Blastcore is a clientside mod. This means you see it, but noone else can. Examples of this can be seen with shacktac. Just because you have STHud enabled doesn't mean that everyone else gets it on their screen too. It runs independent of the server.

halo 3 pilot helmet was always the best looking one imo. Dont know how well it would mesh with Reach-style armor tho.

Oh yeah uninspired Marine helmets are definitely where it's at...

Well somebody's a bit snippy o_O

The Halo 1 helmets look like marine helmets with that blind Star Trek dude's laser glasses thingies attached to them. I never did get what that stupid predator-esque tri-dot visor on the Halo 1 pilots did.

As for the Halo 2 helmets, those look almost exactly the same as the base game's helicopter helmets.

The Halo 3 helmets look like they make the most sense to me; I just can't see any of the other helmets really making sense somehow. :/

---------- Post added at 06:51 ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 ----------

halo 3 pilot helmet was always the best looking one imo. Dont know how well it would mesh with Reach-style armor tho.

With some re-texturing, I think it will look fine. The main difference between Reach and H3 is the lighting and texturing, as well as a few model changes.

Can we go ahead and assume that the three dots on the UNSC pilot helmet in Halo: CE was in fact NV, Thermal, and Regular vision?

Is it that hard to assume?

If we want to go the lazy route, we could simply just take one of the base pilot helms and re-texture it.

If the devs want to go the long route and make everyone happy, all 3 pilot helmet variants could be made.

Halo 1 and 2 helmets are VERY similar, so only the visor would have to be swapped out.

Halo 3 is kinda like an ODST helmet but smaller.

Edited by marksman48
Grammar

personally i think the unsc pilot concept would be the best fit. granted it would essentially just be a retexture of what we have but i think it fits best. http://halofanforlife.com/wp-content/uploads/haloreach_character_unsc_marines_army_pilot_by_isaac_hannaford.jpg
That helmet closely resembles a depolarized ODST helmet

EDIT: Oh, it is

Can we go ahead and assume that the three dots on the UNSC pilot helmet in Halo: CE was in fact NV, Thermal, and Regular vision?

Is it that hard to assume?

If we want to go the lazy route, we could simply just take one of the base pilot helms and re-texture it.

If the devs want to go the long route and make everyone happy, all 3 pilot helmet variants could be made.

Halo 1 and 2 helmets are VERY similar, so only the visor would have to be swapped out.

Halo 3 is kinda like an ODST helmet but smaller.

While this is a good point, I think thedog was trying to put our hopes and arguments at rest and say, "Bro, give us a break," and that they're probably going to retexture the marine helmet, at least for now.

As for the three-dot vision system, I think it's nice and would be a cool addition to the ODST Sniper Helmet/Pilot Helmet, and maybe any future helmet with this system on it, if they make them. That all makes sense Marksman....I actually have no reason why I didn't think of that ------DEEERRRRPPP

The Halo 2 Helmet is, again, basically the same as the base helicopter helmet. maybe a re-texture and a cool HUD.....

As for the Reach Pilot Helmet, I believe that is a Spartan helmet.

If the Devs wanna make every one of those, awesome, but I can't blame you if you don't. I am starting to get into Arma content creation, and I can definitely see why you wouldn't want to make all of those.

Then Again, this mod is great enough, so I know I'm not going to complain. Worst comes to worst, I'll retexture something/remodel it whenever I learn to.

Whatever best fits the era. All up to the Devs, really.

well for starters it will remain as is but the retexture of the army uniform, vest and a odst helmet are likely to happen. however me and space expressed interest in the helmet with the 3 dot flip visor and also want the bumblebee escape pod at some point. if not functional atleast as a prop for mission makers. when that comes not sure, but yeah probably gonna be a retexture for now.

If the Devs wanna make every one of those, awesome, but I can't blame you if you don't. I am starting to get into Arma content creation, and I can definitely see why you wouldn't want to make all of those.

Then Again, this mod is great enough, so I know I'm not going to complain. Worst comes to worst, I'll retexture something/remodel it whenever I learn to.

Whatever best fits the era. All up to the Devs, really.

Exactly.

In pipe dreams though - the three dot vision system could work like a set of NV goggles, and could slide down into place when you toggle it on and off. With the halo 2 pilot helmet as the base, it'd be perfect for Halo:CE.

You know, I was just thinking of asking you guys if you could make a lifeboat, it would make for an interesting mission where your team starts all separated and in random locations next to a lifeboat, or one where you have to recover the crews of all the lifeboats strewn across the landscape. The only other suggestion I could think of are useable cryo pods for again the same scenario: maybe start out inside the pod unable to leave, get ejected as the ship blows up and have to recover gear and signal for extract once you hit the ground, or you could stay trapped and the other team has to find you, but that could probably be better suited for an AI or something. Just an idea anyway.

In the meantime the Taru crew pod does seem to fill the role of lifeboat as a nice little placeholder.

You know, I was just thinking of asking you guys if you could make a lifeboat, it would make for an interesting mission where your team starts all separated and in random locations next to a lifeboat, or one where you have to recover the crews of all the lifeboats strewn across the landscape. The only other suggestion I could think of are useable cryo pods for again the same scenario: maybe start out inside the pod unable to leave, get ejected as the ship blows up and have to recover gear and signal for extract once you hit the ground, or you could stay trapped and the other team has to find you, but that could probably be better suited for an AI or something. Just an idea anyway.

In the meantime the Taru crew pod does seem to fill the role of lifeboat as a nice little placeholder.

That would be really fucking neat.

You know, I was just thinking of asking you guys if you could make a lifeboat, it would make for an interesting mission where your team starts all separated and in random locations next to a lifeboat, or one where you have to recover the crews of all the lifeboats strewn across the landscape.

That was actually the one and only justification I needed to wanting to get that assets made. It could easily make for some interesting missions.

As for the whole pilot helmet debate.. a retexture of the vanilla Heli helmet and the H3 pilot helmet (the one that looks like an ODST helmet) would be my vote. We've recycled enough of our stuff in my opinion and the Reach pilot helmet is ugly and SPARTAN gear. I don't know how I feel about the H1 lifepod pilot helmet. Looks a little dull.

well for starters it will remain as is but the retexture of the army uniform, vest and a odst helmet are likely to happen. however me and space expressed interest in the helmet with the 3 dot flip visor and also want the bumblebee escape pod at some point. if not functional atleast as a prop for mission makers. when that comes not sure, but yeah probably gonna be a retexture for now.

Get hype

---------- Post added at 10:50 ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 ----------

That was actually the one and only justification I needed to wanting to get that assets made. It could easily make for some interesting missions.

As for the whole pilot helmet debate.. a retexture of the vanilla Heli helmet and the H3 pilot helmet (the one that looks like an ODST helmet) would be my vote. We've recycled enough of our stuff in my opinion and the Reach pilot helmet is ugly and SPARTAN gear. I don't know how I feel about the H1 lifepod pilot helmet. Looks a little dull.

Aaaaaaand it's been dashed.

I just realized that if we're going to have a frigate and lifeboats for rescue missions, shouldn't we have some Navy crew and officer uniforms to go with it?

Get hype

---------- Post added at 10:50 ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 ----------

Aaaaaaand it's been dashed.

Well not necessarily. Like thedog said, they've expressed interest in it, and if worst comes to worst, once I learn to code for Arma, I can make a modified nvg set to put on the helmets. I also talked to Warlord554 about thermal goggles, but he hasn't spoken of it since it was first brought up. Again, I am looking to just solve my own problems and am pretty dedicated to learning to code as I want to get a Computer Science degree, so I'll likely do something like that as practice; simple, cool, and easy. I imagine it's just a config change or something, but again I'm not really a coder yet sooo

Okay enough rambling. They expressed interest in all helmets; what gets done gets done.

Maybe devs should just surprise us for this and leave us with the HHHHYYYYYPPPPEEEEE!!!!!!!

About the Reach Pilot helmet, I agree, I think it looks ugly.

Well not necessarily. Like thedog said, they've expressed interest in it, and if worst comes to worst, once I learn to code for Arma, I can make a modified nvg set to put on the helmets. I also talked to Warlord554 about thermal goggles, but he hasn't spoken of it since it was first brought up. Again, I am looking to just solve my own problems and am pretty dedicated to learning to code as I want to get a Computer Science degree, so I'll likely do something like that as practice; simple, cool, and easy. I imagine it's just a config change or something, but again I'm not really a coder yet sooo

Okay enough rambling. They expressed interest in all helmets; what gets done gets done.

Maybe devs should just surprise us for this and leave us with the HHHHYYYYYPPPPEEEEE!!!!!!!

About the Reach Pilot helmet, I agree, I think it looks ugly.

Yeah, I agree.

Unfortunately, I can't code/script/model for shit so I'm SOL.

This is one sexy looking pistol: http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120425000625/halo/images/5/53/Isaac-Hannaford-Halo-Manual8.jpg

Notice the upper arm armor, with also looks cool.

BTW: I was doing some clearing in a small village and man, 8 gauge is really no joke in such situations. 4 shots, 5 dead guys.

I also talked to Warlord554 about thermal goggles, but he hasn't spoken of it since it was first brought up.

Thermal goggles are not possible to create due to hardcoded issues. In their infinite wisdom BIS decided that nvg type of items will not respect the fact you tell them to display thermal vision.

Random idea: guys with neural implants should have eyes that glow when you look at them in NVG mode, just because.

Edited by Taro8

Random idea: guys with neural implants should have eyes that glow when you look at them in NVG mode, just because.

Speaking of neural implants, can it be possible to remove the weird black circle hud that comes when you turn it on? I know it is from the standard NVGs but now that there are neural implants (which I'm not sure are lore-friendly for the marines - I don't remember reading about it anywhere for them. I'm pretty sure it's only for Spartans...) can it be removed?