SpaceNavy

The Eridanus Insurrection - An Arma 3 Total Modication

no sadlt not. basically what you will get is a prop for now. something to have in the distance or what not. the frigate is going to be a very time intensive task that will be ironed out throughout a long period of time. however we made a lot of changes in regards to what we envisioned for it. before we wanted players to teleport between rooms. now we will include 3 or 4 floors to play around on, with halways and what not. as we progress we gain knowlegde of modding and limitations and we believe we can pull it off, just with time. just know that this thing will be amazing and you will stand in awe when you fly towards it in a pelican foe the first time :)

That's great, I'd be happy to have it as scenery for now. It would greatly improve immersion for this mod.

I'm absolutely ecstatic about the Falcon and Scorpion though. The Falcon just has that spec ops feel, not sure how to describe it. As for the Scorpion, the excitement is for obvious reasons, ESPECIALLY with the single driver script. Can't wait to get some marines on the treads and blow up some Innies.

Although, realistically speaking, sitting on the treads of a tank is probably one of the unsafest things to do.

OMG that pelican chase video though. Wasteland Halo in ArmA. The dream.

well this is where the original series took it out of ckntext. sitting on tanks while maneuvering against an enemy is a no go. sitting on a tank while moving towards an area of operation however has been comon practice since tanks managed to carry that much weight. now speaking arma this will come in handy. infantry can now piggie back off your tank between ao's. you know, when you clear an objective and you then realize your truck is 3 clicks on the other side of town and the next ao is only 2 clicks out... hop on a scorpion and have it carry you withing range. hop off and support it.

i think it will make for interesting situations, just dont be that guy that drives right up on the X with dudes on the tracks '

here are some screens of my upcoming expansion to TEI (Aka requires it), the 405th MID, based off the color scheme of Halo 3 marines,

a fireteam preforms sentry duty as pelicans fly inbound to a base in Tigeria

from back: http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/44247174627209255/CBB44DC91261D844DD805446AC84B5952F0B2BA1/

Front: http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/44247174627209631/DDD4C2376861AC0BB15092276E2962516CD2B8F0/

Side: http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/44247174627209991/9FEB808371D6F89D3FD7B68DBF8BEA04B085F525/

here are some screens of my upcoming expansion to TEI (Aka requires it), the 405th MID, based off the color scheme of Halo 3 marines,

from back: http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/44247174627209255/CBB44DC91261D844DD805446AC84B5952F0B2BA1/

Front: http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/44247174627209631/DDD4C2376861AC0BB15092276E2962516CD2B8F0/

Side: http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/44247174627209991/9FEB808371D6F89D3FD7B68DBF8BEA04B085F525/

Seem a little different in your screenshots,you tweaked the color youself?

That's some awesome work right there. I'll be sure to pick it up when you are able to release it. Submods like this for TEI could prove to be very promising extra content

I like those green armor pieces, it reminds me of Imperial Guardsmen from WH 40k.

Seem a little different in your screenshots,you tweaked the color youself?

yep, gave them a more HALO 3 UNSC marine corps feel.

The 405th plans on reskinning quite a few things to bring a special feel to our unit. As well I plan on trying to create my own custom content that will fit in, though no guarantees on the custom.

no sadlt not. basically what you will get is a prop for now. something to have in the distance or what not. the frigate is going to be a very time intensive task that will be ironed out throughout a long period of time. however we made a lot of changes in regards to what we envisioned for it. before we wanted players to teleport between rooms. now we will include 3 or 4 floors to play around on, with halways and what not. as we progress we gain knowlegde of modding and limitations and we believe we can pull it off, just with time. just know that this thing will be amazing and you will stand in awe when you fly towards it in a pelican foe the first time :)

Did someone say Innie boarding action? And Marine retrieveal

---------- Post added at 13:21 ---------- Previous post was at 13:12 ----------

I know my clan is going to change the ODST camo on the fatigues to be that of the British sf on the campaign but 20 shades darker. And I can't remember if I heard right but the army will have a update scorpion pattern

Mission editors are holding off on mission making for we have agm where we like it for the modern combat and they rather not have to change the vaules to compensate for the 1 shotness of the UNSC fatigues (vest and helmet are great. Don't change them. Just make the fatigues 2 shot like the vanilla uniforms) and are to lazy to do the scripting the to do the quick fix and plus, the vanilla fatigues don't really work. (Though it doesn't bother me much)

The 405th plans on reskinning quite a few things to bring a special feel to our unit. As well I plan on trying to create my own custom content that will fit in, though no guarantees on the custom.

and it'll be a public expansion not exclusive to our unit

Is it possible to not use the original function for the HEV stuff? I'd love to make a singleplayer mission, however I can't depend on the player selecting their drop position, doing all kinds of wierd stuff prior to insert, so would it be possible to call the HEV dropping itself rather than the Orbital request and all that follows?

Cheers, great stuff this

Edit:

I found that _podPrepare_fnc = [pod,player] spawn TEI_HEV_fnc_podLaunch; this moveindriver pod; on init for players with a POD defined already works, it does pop-up and error in scripting considering the function looks for an action to use. Why I'm asking for it is because if you want a team to start inside pods, that would be required. I have to manually remove actions from the pod to remove "initiate drop" so it doesn't run twice, however I think because the script is failing and the rest of the script doesn't run, the shaking doesn't go away upon landing, ergo you need to jump out to make it stop. Could there be an exact copyPaste of the same function however for a normal startup drop? Perhaps add something like removeAction in that script to remove the Initiate Drop Sequence action as it's added as per standard ^^

Will make a short mission showing what this mod can do, I hope you guys can help me out, awesome work on the Pelican btw!

Edited by Oksman

Y'all should watch jesters video. It's a good one.

pretty sick man, good seeing people playing in a serious setting :) thank you

Y'all should watch jesters video. It's a good one.

+1, I'm a big fan of Jester and his vids. He really shows some of the awesome potential of Arma. Looking forward to more vids from him using TEI.

On a different note, I was using the Rocket Launcher the other day and I noticed that it has some pretty drastic drop when using the HEAT and HEAP rounds. I was wondering if this is intentional or a known error? If it is intentional then it may want to be revisited, because currently you have to aim very high above a target just to engage it at ranges out to 75 meters or so. I personally think it is a bit much, and that the ballistics should be revisited. Not a priority issue at all, but something that could be looked into at some point.

Is it possible to not use the original function for the HEV stuff? I'd love to make a singleplayer mission, however I can't depend on the player selecting their drop position, doing all kinds of wierd stuff prior to insert, so would it be possible to call the HEV dropping itself rather than the Orbital request and all that follows?

Cheers, great stuff this

Edit:

I found that _podPrepare_fnc = [pod,player] spawn TEI_HEV_fnc_podLaunch; this moveindriver pod; on init for players with a POD defined already works, it does pop-up and error in scripting considering the function looks for an action to use. Why I'm asking for it is because if you want a team to start inside pods, that would be required. I have to manually remove actions from the pod to remove "initiate drop" so it doesn't run twice, however I think because the script is failing and the rest of the script doesn't run, the shaking doesn't go away upon landing, ergo you need to jump out to make it stop. Could there be an exact copyPaste of the same function however for a normal startup drop? Perhaps add something like removeAction in that script to remove the Initiate Drop Sequence action as it's added as per standard ^^

Will make a short mission showing what this mod can do, I hope you guys can help me out, awesome work on the Pelican btw!

Check the template mission. There is a pod you can copy that is already set at a certain height. I will work on an initial drop function for specific instances like yours though, I neglected to consider that during development.

Check the template mission. There is a pod you can copy that is already set at a certain height. I will work on an initial drop function for specific instances like yours though, I neglected to consider that during development.

Cheers mate, much appreciated!

+1, I'm a big fan of Jester and his vids. He really shows some of the awesome potential of Arma. Looking forward to more vids from him using TEI.

On a different note, I was using the Rocket Launcher the other day and I noticed that it has some pretty drastic drop when using the HEAT and HEAP rounds. I was wondering if this is intentional or a known error? If it is intentional then it may want to be revisited, because currently you have to aim very high above a target just to engage it at ranges out to 75 meters or so. I personally think it is a bit much, and that the ballistics should be revisited. Not a priority issue at all, but something that could be looked into at some point.

I talked to Spacenavy about this in my Pelican Chase Video (It's just VERY hard to hear.) He said they know about it and are going to fix it and find it utterly embarrassing.

I personally find it funny as hell and ridiculous.

Ooooo Scorch, i see you have a very pretty ODST helmet as your profile picture. Does this mean we should be seeing some more color variations of the ODSTs?

For some strange reason when I place a AH-99 blackfoot in the editor I can't play the map, ''cannot open object bmp.p3d'' I have seen that in the object placement list it appears with the EI icon.

Very nice keep it as a lot of opportunity of contents will be appear for this great mod, I just missed it since release, glad to found such great mod like this.

Pelican again: AI seems to be very rough when landing it. I tested it out with vanilla support transport and after few courses the D77 lost over half of its health (checked using zeus). Also when AI hits the ground everyone receive some very minor damage (I noticed it only cause TPW HUD flashes when you are hit).

Ooooo Scorch, i see you have a very pretty ODST helmet as your profile picture. Does this mean we should be seeing some more color variations of the ODSTs?

I'm a special snowflake so i retextured myself some custom ODST armor. Everyone will be able to use it, but it is for me. :)

You'll also be getting a fixed up ODST uniform (read: the armour parts) and ODST vest. For alpha release the only one I could remake in time was the helmet. So ODSTs are gonna get a bit of a visual buff from many fronts!