SpaceNavy

The Eridanus Insurrection - An Arma 3 Total Modication

Well then, could we at least get a dedicated ground attack version of the Hornet?

I found this floating in the web, fanon, but looks damn cool: http://th07.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2014/171/d/8/mv_14b_hornet_by_splinteredmatt-d4etql0.png

While we are at the Hornet are the passengers going to sit or stand on the sides? I kinda dont like the idea of them standing around, not only its more dangerous, but it would tire the soldiers out.

That Hornet art is sexy AF. Regarding the passengers, I'd personally prefer them to be standing. If they sit on the landing legs, their legs could be potentially squished - and standing is closer to canon anyway.

Use this instead for AI.

player addaction [("<t color=""#81BEF7"">" + ("Request ODST Support") +"</t>"), TEI_HEV_fnc_podCallAI, "", 7, true, true, "", "_this == _target"];

This definitely works for calling in support mid-mission, but how would we have the AI spawn in all together falling in pods at the start of a mission?

I really don't mean to be a nag about this, but I feel this information is valuable for the community. Hell, if I can I'll make an in-depth tutorial video with all this information if I can piece it together.

I cant even get the pods to work for me mid-mission. Please can someone help. Like step-by-step

I cant even get the pods to work for me mid-mission. Please can someone help. Like step-by-step

Go into the editor, put a unit on the ground and set it as player. For their init, put this: player addaction [("<t color="#81BEF7"">" + ("Request ODST Support") +"</t>"), TEI_HEV_fnc_podCallAI, "", 7, true, true, "", "_this == _target]; .

Then in-game, scroll with the mouse wheel and select Request ODST Support. This will pull up the map, and you click once on where you want them to drop. Bip bap bam, ODSTs comin in hot.

I just want to figure out how to have this at the start of the mission without the player having to press any buttons, know what I mean?

Go into the editor, put a unit on the ground and set it as player. For their init, put this: player addaction [("<t color="#81BEF7"">" + ("Request ODST Support") +"</t>"), TEI_HEV_fnc_podCallAI, "", 7, true, true, "", "_this == _target]; .

Then in-game, scroll with the mouse wheel and select Request ODST Support. This will pull up the map, and you click once on where you want them to drop. Bip bap bam, ODSTs comin in hot.

I just want to figure out how to have this at the start of the mission without the player having to press any buttons, know what I mean?

I put the script on the player itself and not on an object?

Here's a really simple way to do it. I wouldn't want to use this outside of messing around in the editor, but here you go -

Make a marker where you want your squad to drop and in the name field type "AIDrop"

Then put this in the init field of your character.

_null = [] spawn {  
_ODSTSquad = 8;

hint "Friendly ODST Inbound";

while {_ODSTSquad > 0} do {
_AIpod = "TEI_HEV" createVehicle [0,0,10000];  
_AIpod setPos [(getmarkerPos "AIDrop" select 0) - 50 + (random 100), (getmarkerPos "AIDrop" select 1) - 50 + (random 100), 500];
_AIpod setdir (random 360);
_AI = (group player) createUnit ["TEI_UNSC_ODST_Scout", [0,0,10000], [], 20, "FORM"];
_AI moveindriver _AIpod; 
[_AIPod, _AI] spawn TEI_HEV_fnc_podLaunchAI;

_ODSTSquad = _ODSTSquad - 1;                     

sleep 0.2 + (random 0.5);               

};  
};

Change the amount of AI you want to drop in by adjusting the _ODSTSquad value.

Well then, could we at least get a dedicated ground attack version of the Hornet? Pelican is a giant target, something smaller could be useful.

I found this floating in the web, fanon, but looks damn cool: http://th07.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2014/171/d/8/mv_14b_hornet_by_splinteredmatt-d4etql0.png

A stubby wings with missiles and rocket pods instead of passenger bench would be great.

While we are at the Hornet: are the passengers going to sit or stand on the sides? I kinda dont like the idea of them standing around, not only its more dangerous, but it would tire the soldiers out.

Pelican is a giant target Indeed, scorpions are going to fill the AA role because they will be able to hit that massive brick suspended in the air lol. Pelican is great if it has to face infantry, it can withstand a lot of damage from them, but against vehicles it is extremely vulnerable due to its size.

I agree, hornet is a perfect replacement for the littlebird, but if you guys could add that Heavier version from that concept art as the aircraft dedicated to hunt tanks but losing its transport capabilities, it would allow us to make more successful incursions into enemy territory with higher survival chances than the pelican due to its size, firepower and maneuverability. Of course I'm not saying to copy that concept art, just by adding the wings with AT and possibly AA missiles section would be enough as the hornet already has machineguns and rockets.

For the hornet passengers, they could sit just like the MH-9 hummingbird, it's more practical than standing. Maybe you could try with a deployable seat or something... I don't know.

OMG you have already done the Frigate (outside only) textures? The speed you are working at it's crazy, and the best thing is that it looks awesome xD

Can't wait to see more ingame screenshots of the other vehicles! Specially the falcon, I have no idea how are you going to add a turret gunner to it since it's only 1 pilot, I hope you don't make a fixed turret facing only to the frontal part. Same for the scorpion as only has 1 crew member. (or 2 with the machinegun turret).

Edited by nightovizard

its far from done gents but work is being done :) there is more in store for you guys soon to come and my god does it look amazing XD

Major Boggie, one of the people who cooperates with Armaholic to create videos for the Armaholic Youtube Channel, released part II of his review video of "The Eridanus Insurrection" for Arma 3.

We hope everyone will leave their feedback in the video comments, like the video and/or subscribe to our channel!

You can view part I here:

In case anyone sees this and he/she makes videos and is also interested to cooperate with Armaholic feel free to sent me a message here or on Armaholic!

I seem to have confused you. I meant pods for myself, not for ai

You know what would be cool? Pelican Gunship should have 2 rear gunners with HMG's.

You know what would be cool? Pelican Gunship should have 2 rear gunners with HMG's.

In halo 2 there was a pelican variant with a mounted machinegun at the rear, not sure if that would be posible with the EI pelican as the ramp and door closes. Though the chinhook from arma 2 had it too, so maybe there is a way to hide it when the ramp closes.

In halo 2 there was a pelican variant with a mounted machinegun at the rear, not sure if that would be posible with the EI pelican as the ramp and door closes. Though the chinhook from arma 2 had it too, so maybe there is a way to hide it when the ramp closes.

its planned, if the door is an issue we will simply lock it open^^

TheDog: can you pick me up a box of capri sun

SpaceNavy: But will do it tonight promise

(just wanted to capture this moment when space promised to get me some capri sun)

LMAO when the hell was this? What's the back-story? Sounds like it deserves popcorn.

I did some testing on the D77 and I found out that

bodyFrictionCoef = 1.0777;

Seems to work rather well, AI flies faster (about 183 KM/h) while keeping the attitude pretty well, you can get up to 214KM/h (I checked this one this time). I noticed that if you push the nose down it has the slight tendency to pitch up once you fly forward, but AI seems to handle it.

Some more testing is needed though.

EDIT:

The hype is real

TEI 0.15, now with 100% more space frigates and 23.6% more rainbows.

Edited by Taro8

You have to understand that at this stage we haven't really designed the mod with compatibility in mind. The same way people had issues with ASDG_JR, There could potentially be some incompatibilities with TEI and RHS. The ideal circumstance to play the mod would be running with just @TEI and @CBA_A3. We're not capable of checking compatibility with every other major mod atm. Maybe in the future, though.

I understand that you, as well as some others, feel strongly about this topic. That said, we have all but made our decision regarding the flight model. We may reconsider this further down the road, but, as of now, we simply have too many other, more pressing, matters to attend to.

Sure,I understood that,just wanna remind you of this iusse,because I haven't seen anyone else reported this:)Anyway I would test to load only,CBA,TEI,AGM,MCC on my server side and see what would happen later,and I would let you know the result after the rest.Cheers!

its planned, if the door is an issue we will simply lock it open^^

That should do, but you should try to keep the close and open option whenever its posible. You could try to make a machinegun capable of unfolding. What i mean is: door is open, rear gunner controls the gun. When the ramp gets closed, the Weapon unfolds and faces upwards or downwards or something like that so the ramp has space to be closed, while the ramp is closed the gun cant be used and the character just holds on something, for example the bar that holds the Weapon. You could either try with a halo 2 design or reach one.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/9nBKnAYVhWQ/maxresdefault.jpg

http://rpggamer.org/uploaded_images/Gun_Turret_2.jpg

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121106191743/halo/images/8/8a/Halo4-M247H-HeavyMachineGun.png

And have you figured out how a single crew member is going to control the falcón or the Scorpion alone? Drive and use the turret at the same time?

That should do, but you should try to keep the close and open option whenever its posible. You could try to make a machinegun capable of unfolding. What i mean is: door is open, rear gunner controls the gun. When the ramp gets closed, the Weapon unfolds and faces upwards or downwards or something like that so the ramp has space to be closed, while the ramp is closed the gun cant be used and the character just holds on something, for example the bar that holds the Weapon. You could either try with a halo 2 design or reach one.

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121106191743/halo/images/8/8a/Halo4-M247H-HeavyMachineGun.png

And have you figured out how a single crew member is going to control the falcón or the Scorpion alone? Drive and use the turret at the same time?

As far as we know, it's not possible to have that functionality. For the Falcon, though, you could just have a forward mounted gun, that's definitely possible. I mean if you can do that with the AH-9, I'm sure there's workarounds to have it function on the Falcon. Plus, manual fire.

Having it be a movable turret is a different story, I think. Then again, I'm not a dev nor do I have extensive knowledge on scripting in this game, so don't take my word for gospel.

We'll look into it. I know for a fact it will use the M247 that you posted in the second picture (not the HMG verison in the third.

As for the Falcon, it is extremely likely that it will not have a gun on it. It just wont be possible with how Arma works and really shouldn't. The pilot should not be manning the gun and piloting at the same time. We will definitely use that gun for the Pelican though. So the Falcon will probably be transport only with side mounted machine guns.

As far as we know, it's not possible to have that functionality. For the Falcon, though, you could just have a forward mounted gun, that's definitely possible. I mean if you can do that with the AH-9, I'm sure there's workarounds to have it function on the Falcon. Plus, manual fire.

Having it be a movable turret is a different story, I think. Then again, I'm not a dev nor do I have extensive knowledge on scripting in this game, so don't take my word for gospel.

For the Scorpion on the other hand...

We'll look into it. I know for a fact it will use the M247 that you posted in the second picture (not the HMG verison in the third.

As for the Falcon, it is extremely likely that it will not have a gun on it. It just wont be possible with how Arma works and really shouldn't. The pilot should not be manning the gun and piloting at the same time. We will definitely use that gun for the Pelican though. So the Falcon will probably be transport only with side mounted machine guns.

The hype

Is fucking real

UrMUhGURd BETTER THAN THE F*CKING RAINBOW