SpaceNavy

The Eridanus Insurrection - An Arma 3 Total Modication

Well,really great mod,even I don't play HALO a lot I enjoyed it and I'm gonna to get a XBOX ONE next week and play start play HALO because of this mod,lol.;)

And don't know if this had been asked before,are you going to make the optics in this mod to 3D optics?

---------- Post added at 07:55 ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 ----------

And a suggestion,how about a sidearm version of that SMG(sorry forgot it name,not familiar with the weapons in HALO)?

After playing for so many hours, I can say that definately you guys have done something incredible, for an alpha release this is quite stable, I did not have a single game crash nor any major issues.

Stuff I noticed:

- Pelican floats in water just like a chinhook, but its not in contact with water, it floats in the air lol. Also it needs to be more manouvrable, Ai has Hard times piloting it, so many crashes, should stop and land faster if posible. Increase the fuel at least by 4 times, because most of the times it runs out of fuel depending of the destination and when returning to base. Also change the exit point when the ramp/Door is open, i got stuck so many times there. Engine sound its too loud outside, but inside you almost cant hear it.

- Shotgun reloading animation forces the character to stand up. I also saw people reloading it while they were dead, i was in a zeus server with revive script BTW.

- Weapon sights/scopes don't have night vision. Would be nice to have a REFLEX scope for other weapons other than the smg (though the smg scope its broken atm, the gun is very small, too much low damage, but good fire rate).

- The AT rocket launcher range needs to be increased, as shown in the armaholic video showcasing the mod.

- Due to the high warthog speed, its wheels get easily destroyed when jumping. Sometimes they just get destroyed randomly, maybe some physics issue. I have seen that thee Mg turret has a camera, maybe we could use it as Another sight for it as it could have thermal visión.

- There are no binoculars in the inventory of any of the units. We really need ones like the ones seen in the halo 2 outskirts cinematic. (that or HUD helmet? In the halo games spartans have a binocular function in their helmets).

- Lower part of the marines helmet shines Sometimes when inside of a pelican. There is also a gap between the helmet and the body armor/suit when the character movés the head to the sides.

- Gauss does not do really much damage. Also i suppose that the textures of the destroyed warthogs have not been added yet.

- There is something wrong with the sniper textures, some parts of it are blue.

- Add mortars manned by insurrectionistd and UNSC, some of the missions I was playing in a server were about to locate and destroy the enemy mortar positions, and it was strange to see CSAT manning them.

- I personally think you could add the eye device seen in halo 1 in the googles section of the inventory as i have noticed its empty. Re-skin the backpacks of the army/marines so that the color matches their uniform as right now I think that they use the vanilla ones. Same for the hats/caps.

https://xboxoz360.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/halo-anniversary-comparison-screenshots-oxcgn-4.jpg

Keep up the good work! Cant wait for the addition of more vehicles, we really need those falcons as an alternative transport and the Scorpion, so we dont need to face T-100 varsuks anymore. Cougar is going to be really necesary, warthog passengers are extremelly vulnerable to bullets. And surelly air support is needed.

Ok im really glad of that hotfix, everything is much more better, pelican is easier to control, tough a bit slow now, but I prefer it this way than the one befire.

Something i forgot to add in that list is that the pelican radar its not working, it does not detect incoming AA misiles nor the flares are working.

Cant wait for the Falcon, I think I will use it to replace the Littlebirds, at least until Hornets come in. Will AV-22 Sparrowhawk ever come to be? A replacement for the Blackfoot would be great.

I absolutely agree with you, im glad that im not the only one that sees the Sparrowhawk as very versatile, manoubrable, fast, small sized and very powerful. The pelican could still be a gunship of course, but its big, slow, not very manouvrable, can be easily taken down due to its size, frankly, we are going to need something like the Sparrowhawk in many circumstances. If im not mistaken the gunship pelican doesnt use missiles, only a turret and rockets, also im worried about where are these going to be placed, the wings move after all.

So what i did is pretty much an Sparrowhawk, but without làser Weapon and without awkward landing gear:

http://media.moddb.com/images/members/1/542/541153/sparrowhawkturret.jpg

Though im not sure if they are willing to add it, they have quite a lot of work to do atm and spacenavy told me that the sparroehawk is a very strange designed aircraft, Thats Why i tried to make something more functional

And a suggestion,how about a sidearm version of that SMG(sorry forgot it name,not familiar with the weapons in HALO)?

Yeah, I was gonna request this too.

Finally... Awake.

People seem divided on the Pelican handling...

That Drop pod door ejection bug is pretty hilarious.

Also, if you go into your userconfig file you installed with our mod you can turn off the visor HUD. You can even change its color.

The HEV Pod and ODST helmet scripts break if the map has a respawn system on it

That picture was made in Garry's Mod or SFM, can't remember. It's just a mishmash of a lot of other models onto one. Miller is right.

Finally... Awake.

People seem divided on the Pelican handling...

That Drop pod door ejection bug is pretty hilarious.

Also, if you go into your userconfig file you installed with our mod you can turn off the visor HUD. You can even change its color.

Cool. I'll make it more transparent.

---------- Post added at 17:32 ---------- Previous post was at 17:31 ----------

A vanilla supressor works with it. Can't remember which one. Dsylexci's mod to customize your loadout is really handy for this. A bunch of attachments worked in his mod. Try it out man! :D

That picture was made in Garry's Mod or SFM, can't remember. It's just a mishmash of a lot of other models onto one. Miller is right.

Yeah, that particular artist has a bad habit of sticking holo sights on everything and it kinda kills it.

I'm gonna mess around with the visor transparency a bit. As for the HEV door bug, I'm going to test if it can actually kill somebody. If it can, we may be looking at the new OP weapon.

Edited by Trooper226

I'm new to this mod,and after read the thread below...is that we can use the pod drop function in this mod?If so,how to use it?I think I missed some topics.

Yeah, that particular artist has a bad habit of sticking holo sights on everything and it kinda kills it.

I'm gonna mess around with the visor transparency a bit. As for the HEV door bug, I'm going to text if it can actually kill somebody. If it can, we may be looking at the new OP weapon.

Yeah, I tried killing myself with it. Didn't work. It was funny watching the doors ping off me though.

I'm gonna mess around with the visor transparency a bit. As for the HEV door bug, I'm going to text if it can actually kill somebody. If it can, we may be looking at the new OP weapon.

That was the First thing I tried, it did not kill me so i assume it does not cause damage. What i would like to see is what would happen if the drop pod droped on a vehicle and smashed it.

BTW image link of my last comment is wrong, and I can't Edit.

sparrowhawkturret.jpg

That was the First thing I tried, it did not kill me so i assume it does not cause damage. What i would like to see is what would happen if the drop pod droped on a vehicle and smashed it.

Gunship?

As for the HEV door bug, I'm going to text if it can actually kill somebody. If it can, we may be looking at the new OP weapon.

That was the first thing I did when I found out lol.

Just a heads up, it passes through you, I'm not sure about AI though

Drop pods dropping on vehicles do destroy them. I played a user generated mission where pelicans were taking off as we came in and we destroyed half of the pelicans.

Played with the new Pelican handling a bit, and I can't say it's an improvement.

It really feels like a rip of the AH-6's handling, which just feels downright odd in something of that size.

• It is extremely twitchy to maneuver in the final stages of landing, which is not necessarily a bad thing, but doesn't seem to gel right with the aircraft in question.
  • There is an incessant shaking, also something attributed to the Little Bird, which makes your instruments look like they're in the NBA playoffs with all the bouncing they do.
  • Top speed has been severely reduced, getting above 200km/h requires a nose dive, where before I had trouble staying UNDER that speed.

I simply can't get the notion that I'm in a Little Bird while I'm flying it, which is just a very odd and unsettling feeling for something so large.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the changes as an attempt to fix what was previously extremely sluggish and painful to fly with any degree of accuracy, but this feels like it's too far gone in the other direction.

Thanks for your work, looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Landing is easy xD the landing gear is so tough you can go 200KPH to 0 without damaging the pelican (Though stopping at that speed kills the whole crew. But works fine around 100kph) its epic

*Update Edit*

So I been mistaken with the damage on this update, In the VA you can 1 shot all the training dummies in there, but I went to the editor and decided to do test with live targets and I have to say..... I'm happy. All I have to say. 3 - 6 hit deaths on UNSC personnel depending on what armor they wear and where you hit. Thumbs up, our mission Editors will be pleased

Also something I noticed, the scopes of the Gauss looks like they have thermals, but the actual weapons does not but instead uses NVGs, Was that intentional? For I been using the zoom out thermals to spot targets and then zoom in to actually shoot.

Also. LOVING the new pelican controls

Edited by Theronnett

Doubtful it'll work exactly with Zeus. Will need some scripting to make work possibly.

ohhh its already on ur plan?

good to know that.

anyway Im really supporting ur addon.

this one is masterpiece

Is there any way to change the transparency ourselves? Or have that function added in?

No, its pretty much as is or disabled.

No, its pretty much as is or disabled.

Then is there a way to set it to have a sunglasses effect on your screen?

Then is there a way to set it to have a sunglasses effect on your screen?

How do you mean? And why would you want that?

How do you mean? And why would you want that?

I think he means, when you apply a pair of sunglasses, it change the filter on the screen to be relative. I.E shades will make it darker and make it so light doesn't affect ones vision as much. He means that to get the sort of thing when the visor is polarized.

I think.

I think he means, when you apply a pair of sunglasses, it change the filter on the screen to be relative. I.E shades will make it darker and make it so light doesn't affect ones vision as much. He means that to get the sort of thing when the visor is polarized.

I think.

Yes. The words this man says.

Curiously enough, English is my one and only language!

AND BOI DO I USE I WELL.

that would be a neat little feature, im all about having things functional :)