SpaceNavy

The Eridanus Insurrection - An Arma 3 Total Modication

How does one use the drop pods in their own missions?

I was wondering the same thing, my AI kinda just smash into the ground and die lol

We will be making ODST fingerless gloves at some stage. I would also love to make that vest that Taro mocked up.

We will be making ODST fingerless gloves at some stage. I would also love to make that vest that Taro mocked up.

I found a bug. The comms ODST helmet is only polarized, you can't unpolarize it like the others.

---------- Post added at 14:02 ---------- Previous post was at 13:57 ----------

As a personal note, I think the ODST polarization hud thingy is too overbearing and should either be reduced or act like sunglasses, but add a silvery/darkened tone.

Was polarization disabled until the most recent hotfix? I haven't played on the hotfix yet but on the initial download it didn't work for me. Unless I had to activate it...which I don't know how. =)

Was polarization disabled until the most recent hotfix? I haven't played on the hotfix yet but on the initial download it didn't work for me. Unless I had to activate it...which I don't know how. =)

Aye, it was disabled. Now comes automatic with all ODST helmets. IDK about marines or army, but I'm assuming no.

Great update! I have a question: What is the command line to script the Pelican cargo door?

I found a bug. The comms ODST helmet is only polarized, you can't unpolarize it like the others.

---------- Post added at 14:02 ---------- Previous post was at 13:57 ----------

As a personal note, I think the ODST polarization hud thingy is too overbearing and should either be reduced or act like sunglasses, but add a silvery/darkened tone.

I think even going as far to create an overlay like in Republic Commando would be a neat idea to play around with.

http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/l/106105-star-wars-republic-commando-windows-screenshot-patching-ups.jpg

Oh yeah, that'd be tight.

But even RC's HUD isn't as intrusive as the ODST's is right now. :/

I wouldn't say it's super intrusive, but you have to remember it is V1 of the HUD on the helmet.

I know a lot of people aren't fans of Halo 4 here, but the helmet overlay on the edge of the screen was a nice touch.

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/29/07/96/29079671320dd1b8ccf081c31eba9cdb.jpg

It was a nice touch yes, just a little too bouncy.

I understand that it is v1 of the HUD. Just stating a worry of mine. ._.

What´s the difference between the polarized and the depolarized helmet other then the look?

I wouldn't say it's super intrusive, but you have to remember it is V1 of the HUD on the helmet.

I know a lot of people aren't fans of Halo 4 here, but the helmet overlay on the edge of the screen was a nice touch.

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/29/07/96/29079671320dd1b8ccf081c31eba9cdb.jpg

Is the ODST helmet truely depolorisationable?

What´s the difference between the polarized and the depolarized helmet other then the look?

Polarized is one way, the person wearing the helmet can see through it. But it looks opaque to observers. Depolarized is clear and see through to observers.

It blocks your vision as of the moment.

Sooooo I tried my hand at a short trailer with some footage of me messing around with the pods.

Awesome

They got that working? Creaming!

Yeah, my only critique would be the sound effect sounds less than ideal. But again, V1, and it's not critical.

Yeah, my only critique would be the sound effect sounds less than ideal. But again, V1, and it's not critical.

Sounds like Metal Gear Solid ahaha

---------- Post added at 23:15 ---------- Previous post was at 22:21 ----------

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=depolarising+visors&client=ms-android-orange-gb&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=wCf-VO77H8Sa7gaXqoDYAw&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAg&biw=360&bih=592#tbm=isch&q=ODSTs&imgrc=fPVZ-zDU0BHEyM%253A%3BTzL8W9EuWh45WM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Ffc04.deviantart.net%252Ffs71%252Ff%252F2014%252F026%252F2%252F5%252Fsilent_odst_by_lordhayabusa357-d73roy7.png%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Flordhayabusa357.deviantart.com%252Fart%252FODST-Drop-408972545%3B1185%3B1440

This ODST has an MA5B with a silencer and a holo sight. Will we be getting any attachments for the MA5B

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but I'm pretty sure that picture is a fan made picture, probably from deviantart. There are a lot of pictures out there like that and while they are cool, they aren't canon. AFAIK there are no canon attachments to the MA5B, unless you are counting the in weapon mounted light or the grenade launcher.

Edited for spelling

And a website link! I'll promote you fo' free!

http://242ns.enjin.com/index.php?/portal/

We are working on few ops and hopefully the hotfix helps with the 1 shotiness. If it does, we should have something soon and I'll post the info for you guys

*****Urgent Note******

We are a modern combat milsim unit. We are doing halo things for we are fans of halo and are doing these for fun. We do have several operations planned and they will be done on fun night which is usually friday. If your hoping to join for a mainstay organized halo experience. I'm sorry, but we are not that group. As I said, we are doing this for fun

Played with the new Pelican handling a bit, and I can't say it's an improvement.

It really feels like a rip of the AH-6's handling, which just feels downright odd in something of that size.

• It is extremely twitchy to maneuver in the final stages of landing, which is not necessarily a bad thing, but doesn't seem to gel right with the aircraft in question.
  • There is an incessant shaking, also something attributed to the Little Bird, which makes your instruments look like they're in the NBA playoffs with all the bouncing they do.
  • Top speed has been severely reduced, getting above 200km/h requires a nose dive, where before I had trouble staying UNDER that speed.

I simply can't get the notion that I'm in a Little Bird while I'm flying it, which is just a very odd and unsettling feeling for something so large.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the changes as an attempt to fix what was previously extremely sluggish and painful to fly with any degree of accuracy, but this feels like it's too far gone in the other direction.

Thanks for your work, looking forward to seeing what you come up with!