SpaceNavy

The Eridanus Insurrection - An Arma 3 Total Modication

Really liking the lighting on the vehicles.

http://i.imgur.com/aVEop1k.png (148 kB)

What would be cool is if we could have certain helmets that had attached flashlights that we could turn on, in addition to weapon ones or vehicle ones for lighting purposes.

i love the lighting on the hogs, only issue is the front windshield^^ hopefully we figure out a fix. as far as the helmet having flashlights, i would love to get that implemented, will have to see if we can manage that ;) thanks for the tip

Is there any way we can make the Supply Pods stay upright, for example if I drop one from a height in the editor it lands then falls over and rolls about...

Might just need a fix to the geometry lod, just make the basea big square

Might just need a fix to the geometry lod, just make the basea big square

once the script for it is live any roll-over issues will be gone :)

Is there any way we can make the Supply Pods stay upright, for example if I drop one from a height in the editor it lands then falls over and rolls about...

make a game logic and use attachTo

I work on a script but i'm really bad.

So I have make a little system without script, just with the editor, to drop a Warthog easy, I have make a little video :

(For the Pelican which explose it's just for fun don't worry my system work perfectly ! :D)

Instruction to do this :

1- Put a Pelican, name it Pe1

2- Make 4 crossing points, 3 aligned crossing points (for the dropping), and a last one for the escape of the Pelican.

3- Put this in "On Activation" init of the 3 first crossing points :

Pe1 flyInHeight 2.5;

And this in the Initialisation of the unit :

This flyInHeight 10;

4-At the crossing point number 2, put this command on her "On Activation" init :

Detach W1

5-Create a Warthog, name it "W1", put in her initialisation :

this attachTo [Pe2, [0,-3,-1.6]]; (For Transport version or APC)

this attachTo [Pe1, [0,-3,-1.9]]; (For MG or GAUSS version)

6-The warthog will be drop with no damages and crew in perfect health !

You can change "FlyInHeight" value if your Pelican crash with trees.

A picture :

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/53934520150308000032.jpg

Good work! We appreciate your work and will certainly use your findings in developing our own system.

The best part about that article is the people bitching in the comments. Ahah.

The best part about that article is the people bitching in the comments. Ahah.

Wouldn't expect anything else from a Kotaku article. :)

But I won't say no to the free publicity!

You guys are bringing new people into Arma with this mod. I know it's just Alpha but this could be a big impact, awesome stuff guys!

@TEI_Team: i think i can do a 2d concept for the HMG38. is the look somewhere described or can i come up with something completley re-worked?

Will you be sending the hotfix in an HEV?

Also dat clickbait on Kotaku, lol

Wouldn't expect anything else from a Kotaku article. :)

But I won't say no to the free publicity!

Says "36 000 new visitors".

That's some good publicity.

Lol the one user on Kotaku is bitching about smartlink.

---------- Post added at 06:25 ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 ----------

Please tell me this is in the hotfix oh sweet baby Jesus

Sorry man. Not yet. Maybe the update after? Who knows? Do I know? We'll have to see? What are questions?

Sorry man. Not yet. Maybe the update after? Who knows? Do I know? We'll have to see? What are questions?

But my body is ready :/

---------- Post added at 06:28 ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 ----------

Also, as for that kotaku asshole, the day that complaining about something on a Internet news site actually makes a difference, i might just shoot myself

You guys are bringing new people into Arma with this mod. I know it's just Alpha but this could be a big impact, awesome stuff guys!

Well Arma is a really cool game. BI deserves some more moolah. I just wish they would say our names... that would make my heart skip a beat. Probably not though because of Halo copyright. :'(

@TEI_Team: i think i can do a 2d concept for the HMG38. is the look somewhere described or can i come up with something completley re-worked?

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111012160438/halo/images/3/35/FoR_HMG_38.png

That is a picture of the HMG38. So blocky and square.. Needs to look more like a conventional and contemporary weapon.

Interested to see what you can come up with! Innies need more weapons.

Lol the one user on Kotaku is bitching about smartlink.

Please tell me this is in the hotfix oh sweet baby Jesus

Yeah I noticed that lol.

And no, you wish :P

All aboard the hype train, again!

Not sure if this was posted earlier by anyone, but I just saw this trailer/showcase vid for the mod and its pretty amazing:

So I noticed how the fatigues have armor on it themselves. You guys think of adding armor value to the fatigues themselves like the CSAT fatigues. This may help spread out the damage and help slow down the 1 shot actions going on.

So I noticed how the fatigues have armor on it themselves. You guys think of adding armor value to the fatigues themselves like the CSAT fatigues. This may help spread out the damage and help slow down the 1 shot actions going on.

Already do. Weapons were just too OP. We also increased the armor for the armor.

Already do. Weapons were just too OP. We also increased the armor for the armor.

Understood. I do enjoy that you really can see a difference in weapons tech in 500 years. Once you get the armor to match 500 years of advancement. Things will be rocking.

I know the whole thing really is getting our mission editors kinda going nuts. We can fix it with agm. But we finally got agm to work well with modern weapons and nobody wants to reconfigure it for a few games of tango Hunt. So it kinda was put on hold. But we hope when it gets balanced. We can get the show going xD

Edit* when you say already do, do you mean the nato fatigues or csat themselves. For the stats on the virtual ammo box equals it to the nato/ civilian clothes

All aboard the hype train, again!

Not sure if this was posted earlier by anyone, but I just saw this trailer/showcase vid for the mod and its pretty amazing:

That's a damn cool video. Nb4 copyright claims for music. I'm inspired now to make videos of this mod.

Every mission I've made has pretty much been an Omaha beach scenario because everyone's getting destroyed by the BR and AR, it's pretty funny. Oh and for whatever reason half of the Pelicans come with almost no fuel, so there's plenty of Black Hawk Down scenarios. The Pelican is actually pretty damn good at crash landing, it would be cool to see some destroyed Pelican props later down the road for scenery.

Every mission I've made has pretty much been an Omaha beach scenario because everyone's getting destroyed by the BR and AR, it's pretty funny. Oh and for whatever reason half of the Pelicans come with almost no fuel, so there's plenty of Black Hawk Down scenarios. The Pelican is actually pretty damn good at crash landing, it would be cool to see some destroyed Pelican props later down the road for scenery.

I noticed this too. The fuel tank gets pegged to quickly and it drains super quick. I know BI solved this with the Huran where they added a reserve tank that prevents the tank from leaking past 15% Giving the bird a chance to RTB for repairs.