SpaceNavy

The Eridanus Insurrection - An Arma 3 Total Modication

get shot by a 556 and you feel like chuck norris for 5 seconds

3 shots to the chest and your dead, the special plate carrier in vanilla can take six. but the helmet takes 3 shots though, beast

Well, I think that as long as you dont release anything, there isnt anything that could stop you from changing some values to better fit your tastes, as long as its just for your own personal use. Remember you can NOT release any of such changed elements.

Right, I was under the impression if I did it for personal use and never released anything I would be okay. Technically I could still do so but I wouldn't want to risk screwing things up. I wouldn't even know how to begin doing something like that though without breaking the weapons.pbo so I guess I'm out of luck.

So I have a question. Under the barrel of the MA5B's Ammocounter is a Flashlight. It doesn't work ATM because you'd need to make it an attachment, but could we potentially see it working in the future?

In my personal non-developer thoughts, maybe you could half the model of the Ammo counter so the top half is AC/Scope and the bottom half is the flashlight.

Idk, just my two cents.

*EDIT*

Decided to expand my thoughts.

The M7 smg is tiny. Yes, it is tiny in the lore, but it's not THAT tiny. I think the model needs to be just slightly bigger. The SMG in the lore also has a collapsible butt-stock. Is there any chance we may get this in the future?

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the MA5C (Halo 3/ODST) the 32 round varient of the MA5 series rifles and the MA5B (Halo:CE) is the 60 round varient?

Also, the rifle Chief used in Reach (The book) was a MA3 Assault Rifle against the Innies in the asteriod. Of course, it was blackmarket only at the time (to make anyone think it wasn't UNSC) but it'd be a neat gun for the Innies to have. Same with the HMG-38.

Oooone last thing - will we get an Internally suppressed magum ala ODST?

Thanks for your time and sorry for the wall of text. :D

Edited by marksman48

Don't want to feel like I'm rushing you guys, just want to ask if you've got a general idea of when the Hotfix will drop. :)

I really hope someone is able to mod the singleplayer and convert all units to units from this mod. I'm excited to see what kinds of missions people create with these assets, especially with HEV insertion.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the MA5C (Halo 3/ODST) the 32 round varient of the MA5 series rifles and the MA5B (Halo:CE) is the 60 round varient?
The MA5B can do 32 and 60 bullet magazines, but its not on the english version of halo.wikia.com, as I just noticed, but on the german.

Emwt6p1.png?1

The MA5B can do 32 and 60 bullet magazines, but its not on the english version of halo.wikia.com, as I just noticed, but on the german.

http://i.imgur.com/Emwt6p1.png?1

Fucking LOL. Gotta love you germans.

It does state however the the MA5C is more accurate over longer distances then the MA5B and is slightly smaller.

The MA5B is slightly larger and is less accurate. HOWEVER, it does do more damage.

Odd, no?

So I have a question. Under the barrel of the MA5B's Ammocounter is a Flashlight. It doesn't work ATM because you'd need to make it an attachment, but could we potentially see it working in the future?

In my personal non-developer thoughts, maybe you could half the model of the Ammo counter so the top half is AC/Scope and the bottom half is the flashlight.

Idk, just my two cents.

*EDIT*

Decided to expand my thoughts.

The M7 smg is tiny. Yes, it is tiny in the lore, but it's not THAT tiny. I think the model needs to be just slightly bigger. The SMG in the lore also has a collapsible butt-stock. Is there any chance we may get this in the future?

Also, the rifle Chief used in Reach (The book) was a MA3 Assault Rifle against the Innies in the asteriod. Of course, it was blackmarket only at the time (to make anyone think it wasn't UNSC) but it'd be a neat gun for the Innies to have. Same with the HMG-38.

Oooone last thing - will we get an Internally suppressed magum ala ODST?

Thanks for your time and sorry for the wall of text. :D

I actually just realized the flashlight isn't an attachment. We'll get that working but probably not before the update is out.

The M7 SMG was built to specification, it is the right size. No to the buttstock too :P It is already difficult enough to make hand animations for.

MA5B has a 32 and 60 round magazine. Units come default with the 32 round for gameplay balancing. Agree about the MA3 and it is planned. However we have no real, quality pictures of the HMG 38 and the one from the comic book looks absolutely terrible. If someone makes some concept are for it, we might model it.

ODST Magnum is being worked on now!

Don't want to feel like I'm rushing you guys, just want to ask if you've got a general idea of when the Hotfix will drop. :)

Pretty soon, probably later tonight or tomorrow afternoon.

With the BR will the scope model be changed due to the eye ergonomics being flipped the wrong way around suited to the left eye when it is meant to be for the right.

Well, the BR scope is actually meant to be flipped as is. The entire rifle is meant to be the other way around.

Can I kiss you now? At least a hug?

I actually just realized the flashlight isn't an attachment. We'll get that working but probably not before the update is out.

The M7 SMG was built to specification, it is the right size. No to the buttstock too :P It is already difficult enough to make hand animations for.

MA5B has a 32 and 60 round magazine. Units come default with the 32 round for gameplay balancing. Agree about the MA3 and it is planned. However we have no real, quality pictures of the HMG 38 and the one from the comic book looks absolutely terrible. If someone makes some concept are for it, we might model it.

Pretty soon, probably later tonight or tomorrow afternoon.

You sir, are fucking awesome. Keep doing what you're doing.

Well, the BR scope is actually meant to be flipped as is. The entire rifle is meant to be the other way around.

umm i think you are mistaken, H3 br55 have the eye thingymajig on the right not left

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070704023226/halo/images/2/27/BR55HB_SR_Battle_Rifle_angle_2.jpg

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/SXLmhSBx0v0/hqdefault.jpg

Was just informed that the SMG and Pistol models ARE in fact too small. Somehow they got shrunk after importing to O2.

Will fix, but not with this update unfortunately.

can you fill the Gap between the ODST suit/armor and the helmet? Perhaps with custom face gear to cover the neck

Speaking of gun details... while I think this AR is a dream come true (especially the GL version!) and by far the best looking guns I've ever seen in any Arma mod, a moving bolt carrier would be cream on top! :D

The original Halo CE was the only game with that much attention to detail when it came to firearms, decent trigger discipline on the pistol idle animations etc, safety switch and an actual moving bolt carrier on the AR! Unfortunately not even the Halo CEA remake had the animated moving bolt when firing the gun...

was just informed that the smg and pistol models are in fact too small. Somehow they got shrunk after importing to o2.

Will fix, but not with this update unfortunately.

i knew it! :D

can you fill the Gap between the ODST suit/armor and the helmet? Perhaps with custom face gear to cover the neck

i've been putting a bandana on under the helmet but eventually we will add in a balaclava or "turtle neck" type deal to close the gap. trust me, its been annoying me too^^

i've been putting a bandana on under the helmet but eventually we will add in a balaclava or "turtle neck" type deal to close the gap. trust me, its been annoying me too^^

Ah! Perfect! I'll make that a default item with the ODST as a temp fix.

A small docter sight style cqc sight would be great on top of the ammocounter insted of the iron sights. I know it´s not 100% accurate to the source but it would improve the gameplay with the weapon

Is there any way we can make the Supply Pods stay upright, for example if I drop one from a height in the editor it lands then falls over and rolls about...

Dog I think you used the bandana with tactical glasses haha.

Is there any way we can make the Supply Pods stay upright, for example if I drop one from a height in the editor it lands then falls over and rolls about...

not from a drop, not just yet. we will eventually have a script for it as well, to call in a supply drop on your position.

You can cheat and add a parachute and try to make it invisible. Though its super slow.

Really liking the lighting on the vehicles.

http://i.imgur.com/aVEop1k.png (148 kB)

What would be cool is if we could have certain helmets that had attached flashlights that we could turn on, in addition to weapon ones or vehicle ones for lighting purposes.