SpaceNavy

The Eridanus Insurrection - An Arma 3 Total Modication

I may have discovered a bug :'D under Nato - Air there is a placeable pelican that only spawns with like half the model

Ah i see, well I won't be messing with it at all then. I know the large mag and high rate of fire help but it still feels like a BB gun when clearing a house, aside from the damage the rate of fire feels really close to home with Halo 3 ODST, I absolutely love it.

Well, I think that as long as you dont release anything, there isnt anything that could stop you from changing some values to better fit your tastes, as long as its just for your own personal use. Remember you can NOT release any of such changed elements.

I wish you'd stop with the vtol. It would make the pelican worse, not better. Do you not remember how bulky and slow the MV-22 was

the mv22 was hard to fly indeed, but thats what it was suppoused to be. Arma 3 is still a military simulator. I love the fact that you need some experience to fly the opsrey perfectly, not that anyone who just had 5 minutes ingame could safely fast rope 2 rifle squads while doing a barrel roll

Best we can do is mess around with placement of the armour.

Could you express what exactly you mean by it being the best you can do? Do you refer to the clipping issues or time issues?

I'm curious, are you commenting on the light reflectance and how light shines off the texture or the color of the texture?

I guess I was unclear about that. I think what gives the ingame BR55 its strange look is a combination of its reflectivity and its dark texture since, say, the ODST medic does not seem to have this problem. The reflectivity seems to make the texture appear darker than it actually is, and it becomes an issue when the texture is already pretty dark.

I guess I was unclear about that. I think what gives the ingame BR55 its strange look is a combination of its reflectivity and its dark texture since, say, the ODST medic does not seem to have this problem. The reflectivity seems to make the texture appear darker than it actually is, and it becomes an issue when the texture is already pretty dark.

This doesn't make any sense. Light makes objects shine and become brighter. You can't get darker unless you're in shadows. Screenshots of your specific issue would help immensely, because the only way something can get darker in light is if the shadow LOD is not proper.

the mv22 was hard to fly indeed, but thats what it was suppoused to be. Arma 3 is still a military simulator. I love the fact that you need some experience to fly the opsrey perfectly, not that anyone who just had 5 minutes ingame could safely fast rope 2 rifle squads while doing a barrel roll

The thing is AI seems to be completely unable to fly MV-22 properly. That is partially why helicopter flight model was chosen for the D-77.

The thing is AI seems to be completely unable to fly MV-22 properly. That is partially why helicopter flight model was chosen for the D-77.

yeah I know, I agreed on this argument before. I will shut my mouth now and look what the next patches will do.

Maybe its getting awesome, but it feels like the pelican mod is loosing a lot of potential right now. maneuvers like this

for example wouldnt be possible. But I am not a dev, I, not even able to make a mod by myself, so do whatever you people wanna do.

Corvaillian, we will be reworking the battle rifle and ODST texture (except helmet). However, as for the model, it may remain as is. Best we can do is mess around with placement of the armour. Someone suggested on MODDB that we make the waist pieces smaller to give him the classic hero-triangle shape.
With the BR will the scope model be changed due to the eye ergonomics being flipped the wrong way around suited to the left eye when it is meant to be for the right.

Hey guys. My clan should be finished with tango hunt. They are treaking out the damage systems and loadouts but should be done soon and server should be up by lunch.

Tango hunt is a hunt the enemy style game play. Where your squad must work together to hunt an enemy unit that has set up camp or is on patrol in the AO. It's a one life senario. No revives. Both you and the enemy has spawned in random areas of the map and all your given is a general area of where you are and the enemy. No gps. Real land nav skills will be needed. Mission ends when the enemy is all dead or your all dead.

The requirement that are for sure is TEI. Task force radio, Agm and alive. I'll have the full list when the mission editors are about done with it. We may have a armasync download for the modlist for those who dont have the mods When the mod list is finished

Hey guys. My clan should be finished with tango hunt. They are treaking out the damage systems and loadouts but should be done soon and server should be up by lunch.

Tango hunt is a hunt the enemy style game play. Where your squad must work together to hunt an enemy unit that has set up camp or is on patrol in the AO. It's a one life senario. No revives. Both you and the enemy has spawned in random areas of the map and all your given is a general area of where you are and the enemy. No gps. Real land nav skills will be needed. Mission ends when the enemy is all dead or your all dead.

The requirement that are for sure is TEI. Task force radio, Agm and alive. I'll have the full list when the mission editors are about done with it. We may have a arma3sync download for the modlist for those who dont have the mods When the mod list is finished

yeah I know, I agreed on this argument before. I will shut my mouth now and look what the next patches will do.

Maybe its getting awesome, but it feels like the pelican mod is loosing a lot of potential right now. maneuvers like this

for example wouldnt be possible. But I am not a dev, I, not even able to make a mod by myself, so do whatever you people wanna do.

At what point are you ever going to need to fly straight up into orbit? If you need to RTB to the frigate, you're going to have to gain altitude over time and maintain speed, it's not a huge deal. I'd honestly rather have the literally infinite possibilities of AI being able to fly this craft properly than the one instance in which I'll need to fly straight up.

The requirement that are for sure is TEI. Task force radio, Agm and alive. I'll have the full list when the mission editors are about done with it. We may have a arma3sync download for the modlist for those who dont have the mods When the mod list is finished

Will your clan be hosting a server?

At what point are you ever going to need to fly straight up into orbit? If you need to RTB to the frigate, you're going to have to gain altitude over time and maintain speed, it's not a huge deal. I'd honestly rather have the literally infinite possibilities of AI being able to fly this craft properly than the one instance in which I'll need to fly straight up.

come on dude this was an example

this plane wont be flyable like a plane, thats the point. And as a Fighterpilot in a tactical arma clan, this makes me uncomfortable

My unit is hosting ALiVE insurgency with Insurrectionists as the insurgents. We have a working drop pod script that is similar to the click on the map HALO scripts, the only mods we ask for are @A3MP; @AGM; @ALiVE; @CBA_A3; @task_force_radio; @TEI. Feel free to hop on the IP is srv.6th-ab.co.uk:2392.

Will your clan be hosting a server?

yes, it'll be 242Nightstalkers. Right now we are trying to figure out how to get the damage right, right now the AI just slaughter us cause of the Ability to 1 shot us from 500m in full ODST gear. We are trying to figure out if we should use AGM or not. And a host of a few smaller issues. Like the right load outs where we won't steam roll the enemy or the enemy won't over power us without breaking a sweat. Tango Hunt is a challenging Infantry Experience. where team coordination is paramount. COD run and gun players will get the whole team killed

I'll post server IP when it's about to launch

Quote Originally Posted by Drakedaeron View Post

A little test with AttachTo with Pelican and Warthog :

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/98...0307000042.jpg

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/69...0307000022.jpg

If you send me your script we'll probably include it.

I work on a script but i'm really bad.

So I have make a little system without script, just with the editor, to drop a Warthog easy, I have make a little video :

(For the Pelican which explose it's just for fun don't worry my system work perfectly ! :D)

Instruction to do this :

1- Put a Pelican, name it Pe1

2- Make 4 crossing points, 3 aligned crossing points (for the dropping), and a last one for the escape of the Pelican.

3- Put this in "On Activation" init of the 3 first crossing points :

Pe1 flyInHeight 2.5;

And this in the Initialisation of the unit :

This flyInHeight 10;

4-At the crossing point number 2, put this command on her "On Activation" init :

Detach W1

5-Create a Warthog, name it "W1", put in her initialisation :

this attachTo [Pe2, [0,-3,-1.6]]; (For Transport version or APC)

this attachTo [Pe1, [0,-3,-1.9]]; (For MG or GAUSS version)

6-The warthog will be drop with no damages and crew in perfect health !

You can change "FlyInHeight" value if your Pelican crash with trees.

A picture :

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/53934520150308000032.jpg

Edited by Drakedaeron

My UNSC marine corps unit the 405th MID may have a insurgency mission up tonight, it will require just CBA and TEI, the only bug im having at the moment is the AAF keep spawning but not the URF which i want to spawn instead

It would be nice if you could improve the armor values. Right now it does not feel right when you´re wearing a heavy helmet and suit and a single pistol round can kill you.

I think its the weapon damage that needs to be lowered, none of the vanilla armor can take a shot from any of the weapons either.

It would be nice if you could improve the armor values. Right now it does not feel right when you´re wearing a heavy helmet and suit and a single pistol round can kill you.

get shot by a 556 and you feel like chuck norris for 5 seconds

get shot by a 556 and you feel like chuck norris for 5 seconds

The vanila BA can take multiple hits from 556

Headshots are allways fatal. No mater if it´s a pistol or any other weapon.

Well.... we couldn't seem to get a damage model working the way we could deem fun for the Tango Hunt. We'll play around with it some more guys. sorry, its hard to balance being to squishy or to tanky

My unit is hosting ALiVE insurgency with Insurrectionists as the insurgents. We have a working drop pod script that is similar to the click on the map HALO scripts, the only mods we ask for are @A3MP; @AGM; @ALiVE; @CBA_A3; @task_force_radio; @TEI. Feel free to hop on the IP is srv.6th-ab.co.uk:2392.

For some reason that TS3 server doesn't work.