SpaceNavy

The Eridanus Insurrection - An Arma 3 Total Modication

The words on the left rear thruster are mirrored. Just pointing it out. Also I get 2 actions to open and close ramp. The disembarking points could be moved a bit away from the craft and down the ramp for transported troops (instead to the sides).

I have just replaced the Ghosthawk with Pelican. Man it looks so cool. However the Pelican is a bit to much of an oil tanker; it dosent pick up, or lose speed particularly well, turns like a glacier and dosent descend as quickly as it could be doing. Also I noticed that AI picks up a LOT of attitude on longer flights, I tell it to fly at 100m and at level flight we and up at 1000m in 10km trip. Ill toy around with the flight model values a bit and see what could be changed.

However the view through the opened ramp while flying and sitting in the back is just AWESOME!

Yeah I have to agree with this. It feels agile one second then turns into a tank

I noticed somthing with the BR55 scope and that is the eye rest. It seems to be for the left eye but in ArmA everyone is right handed. I cant tell if this is how its meant to be. http://imgur.com/6qtKeUc

I get what you mean and youre right. I googled some pictures for the br55 nad found scopes like this: http://images.wikia.com/halo/images/c/c6/BattleRifleAngles.JPG

In the meantime I've discovered a new bug. The Pelican can well.... float ON water as in the pelican literally does not sink an inch it stays on top unable to go under

Edited by illuminati

I actually experienced this issue too. I apologize, we'll definitely look into it and try to fix before the upcoming update.
All good :thumbsup:

Thanks for the awesome mod btw, looking forward to future updates!

I'd just like to report that the game crashes on startup if I have ASDG joint rails enabled at the same time as this mod.

its said not to use ASDG JR, a incompatibility bug,

also Space do you have a place to post units for this mod, as i told you in steam my unit transformed into the UNSC 405th MID, and wanna know where to post once we have all out needed things set up

Still about the pelican: I noticed that AI not only goes at around 100KM/H (while still gaining attitude very fast).

Added/changed this in the pelican config

cyclicAsideForceCoef = 1.5;	//1.3
	cyclicForwardForceCoef = 1.6;	//1.0
	backRotorForceCoef = 2.4

Now its much more nimble in rotation, but it still dosent roll as nice.

While AI dosent like going over 150 KM/H when I take the pilots place D77 goes forward like a rocket (with is good). It still dosent lose attitude as fast as I would like, maybe I should increase the mass? Is there any setting like that?

EDIT: I still cant put down the reason why AI keeps gaining attitude and dosent go even over 140Km/h. I have a little mission setup, to test my config changes to the pelican. It seems there is something wrong with D77 itself as when I replaced it with an UH-1H the pilot did try to keep around 50m AGL (as I told him to do so) and went at about 180Km/h. UH-1H also pitched nicely forward when flying. Maybe its something in the Pelican's model?

Edited by Taro8

Is there any option yet to get the pelican on more than 200km/h without lowering the nose ridiculously far to the ground? this beauty is supposed to go way faster and I didnt see anything about this on the threads and bug lists

Forky

Is there any option yet to get the pelican on more than 200km/h without lowering the nose ridiculously far to the ground? this beauty is supposed to go way faster and I didnt see anything about this on the threads and bug lists

Its based on a helicopter so you do need to pitch it forward to gain speed, but it retains it very well.

When is this hotfix coming ;)

still working hard on it but rest assured, most stuff that was pointed out has been fixed

Its based on a helicopter so you do need to pitch it forward to gain speed, but it retains it very well.

Then I recommend a plane flight model based on a VTOL (like the f35b from A2 or the MV22 Osprey). Shipping around some ammo crates and vehicles isnt the main reason of the pelican tho

Have you guys considered implementing the Cougar at some point down the line? As you may know it was cut from Halo Wars, while it looks a little silly (and big) I think with some tweaking it could fit the IFV role that the UNSC currently lacks quite nicely!

http://i.imgur.com/dXlJnVr.jpg

It is planned already! :) I love the Cougar, I think it would make a perfect IFV.

I noticed somthing with the BR55 scope and that is the eye rest. It seems to be for the left eye but in ArmA everyone is right handed. I cant tell if this is how its meant to be. http://imgur.com/6qtKeUc

Yeah, this is known. The text is also reversed because somehow the entire model is flipped lol.

In the meantime I've discovered a new bug. The Pelican can well.... float ON water as in the pelican literally does not sink an inch it stays on top unable to go under

ITS NOT A BUG ITS A FEATURE! :P This is actually somewhat intentional though.

I'd just like to report that the game crashes on startup if I have ASDG joint rails enabled at the same time as this mod.

It is because the Assault Rifle and Battle Rifle are included in the intro, and ASDG 0.12 causes the mod to crash. Try updating to 0.13 or skip intro.

If you send me your script we'll probably include it. :)

Then I recommend a plane flight model based on a VTOL (like the f35b from A2 or the MV22 Osprey). Shipping around some ammo crates and vehicles isnt the main reason of the pelican tho

We already tried a VTOL model, it works awfully. And the AI cannot control a VTOL as well as a helicopter.

We already tried a VTOL model, it works awfully. And the AI cannot control a VTOL as well as a helicopter.

so there isnt any chance for a VTOL pelican? Even if the AI couldnt handle such things, they still could land on runways

I mean, dont get me wrong, Im bloody happy that this mod even exist, but I would be even more happy with a Pelican VTOL

Unfortunately it also seems that it has a problem with "helicopter" pelican as well, as I wrote before (it keeps gaining attitude and dosent go over 130-140 Km/h).

Unfortunately it also seems that it has a problem with "helicopter" pelican as well, as I wrote before (it keeps gaining attitude and dosent go over 130-140 Km/h).

All that needs doing is some value tweaking and that can be fixed

Oh just found this gem again. Thats one big reason why I love the Halos

alpha gents, we will continue to tweak things here and there, just stay in your drop pods for now and wait for green light^^

I noted before that the Pelican will bounce off the water at ridiculously high speeds which now I am assuming is because it doesn't exactly sink in the water like other vehicles. It still sinks, just very, very, very slowly.

alpha gents, we will continue to tweak things here and there

Good thing to keep in mind, ALPHA

so there isnt any chance for a VTOL pelican? Even if the AI couldnt handle such things, they still could land on runways

I mean, dont get me wrong, Im bloody happy that this mod even exist, but I would be even more happy with a Pelican VTOL

There isn't a reason for having it be a VTOL. The pelican controls great now, there just need to be some tweaks made so that the AI don't absolutely panic when they try and land it.

Not to be a bother and post bugs on here, but when spawning in groups the UNSC marines/ODSTs spawn with goggles on under their helmets.

Can't wait for the hotfix though. I'm so excited to drop HEVs on Cherno at midnight in the rain while blasting the ODST soundtrack.

There isn't a reason for having it be a VTOL. The pelican controls great now, there just need to be some tweaks made so that the AI don't absolutely panic when they try and land it.

Not to be a bother and post bugs on here, but when spawning in groups the UNSC marines/ODSTs spawn with goggles on under their helmets.

Can't wait for the hotfix though. I'm so excited to drop HEVs on Cherno at midnight in the rain while blasting the ODST soundtrack.

My main reason for requesting a VTOL Pelican is, that its as slow as a Offroad and the way to get speed looks ridiculous. I mean, great job to the devs, there is surely tons of work in it.

I think, there should be 2 Variants of Pelicans, one for very fast troop insertion (obviously without AI as the Pilot) and one for shipping around cargo units and vehicles

Edited by Forky

All that needs doing is some value tweaking and that can be fixed

I hope so, but I already tried adding/changing some of the values and while I was able to make D77 more nimble the AI seems to have some odd issues with flying it. Im just trying to figure out what exactly is wrong in order to help out TEI team. The AI behaviour when piloting D77 is just bizarre.

Im very well aware this is alpha, Im just posting my findings here in case they may help you guys out.

I hope so, but I already tried adding/changing some of the values and while I was able to make D77 more nimble the AI seems to have some odd issues with flying it. Im just trying to figure out what exactly is wrong in order to help out TEI team. The AI behaviour when piloting D77 is just bizarre.

Im very well aware this is alpha, Im just posting my findings here in case they may help you guys out.

hey cool that youre helping them, I would too, I would even do that damn VTOL pelican by myself, but I once tried to take a step into the arma 3 tools and I failed..