SpaceNavy

The Eridanus Insurrection - An Arma 3 Total Modication

Congrats on the release!!!

Loaded it up and gave it a try and I have to say it is pretty amazing what you guys have been able to do from scratch. Way better than I could ever hope to do for sure.

I wanted to get in some kind words before the slew of posts about various bugs inevitably hits. I know that it can be discouraging to have people bombarding you with "this is wrong, that is broken" type posts, so I wanted to let you guys know before that all starts that you have created something pretty awesome for just a bunch of guys with an idea trying and figuring things out as they go. Bravo on a job well done!

I will go on a bug hunt at some point this weekend and try to get you guys quality, constructive feedback. You sure deserve it, and I would love to give back to this project in any small way that I can. But for now I'm just going to enjoy the new toys and play around with them. Thanks again!

Having a pretty fantastic time so far with this release but I cannot seem to find the scripts for the HEV anywhere in the readme?

So here is a quick few screenshots from the mission I am building, and yep my SPAM stops here.

But going by what you said Space Navy you were fine with a few screenshots/mission things.

http://imgur.com/OKHZ0n7,8d0PajC,JE7Lyo3,tyi3izb,ruCOFz1,bt7E0vl,9VK8pou#2

Small bugs aside, thank you very much, I am going to enjoy making some wicked missions.

Yes yes yes! Please take all kinds of pictures, videos, make what ever you want! :D

And thanks everyone for your kind words. I just added a list of known bugs to the front page to let you know what we already know.

As for that shadow issue, it was a last minute bug that showed up right as the clock struck 3am. Lol. Murphy's Law right?

You should know, that the issue is already fixed and we'll have an update out tomorrow or such that will fix that a few other things you might not be aware of yet.

Having a pretty fantastic time so far with this release but I cannot seem to find the scripts for the HEV anywhere in the readme?

Drop pods are not functional right now. Some more bugs popped up tonight but like I said above, we'll have another update out soon that will remedy it and we'll also include a detailed readme on how to use them properly.

Drop pods are not functional right now. Some more bugs popped up tonight but like I said above, we'll have another update out soon that will remedy it and we'll also include a detailed readme on how to use them properly.

Ahh well, it happens. Just going to have to resort to a "ghetto version" for now then.

Thanks for replying so promptly.

You are quite right... I dropped two in the editor and they were a bit..... too close?

http://i.imgur.com/udEPPWQ.jpg (495 kB)

Wasn't there supposed to be a "traditional" ammo-counter without the iron sights? I hope this will come (back?) in a future update...

Another small detail: the charging handle on the AR does not reciprocate in the original games, which is also more realistic. But it does move in TEI...

m5 rifles are making error and make game stop when i try to take from arsenal.

and there are also shadow glitch

Wasn't there supposed to be a "traditional" ammo-counter without the iron sights? I hope this will come (back?) in a future update...

Another small detail: the charging handle on the AR does not reciprocate in the original games, which is also more realistic. But it does move in TEI...

Yay someone else who likes the original version! We'll include it in the next update, just for you. :)

As for the charging handle, doesn't make much sense for it not to in the Halo games. I understand that some weapon platforms (like the AR series) have charging handles that don't move with the bolt but in this case the handle should. It looks nicer and more professional this way in our opinions. We've said before that we weren't going to stick 100% to the lore.

Since I don't post much to reddit, it's not letting me add bug reports for "awhile" as it says. Where else can I post them?

Just have to make a quick post to say that you have totally nailed the Warthog physics. I'm just driving this thing all over the hills of Stratis and it's so satisfying.

Since I don't post much to reddit, it's not letting me add bug reports for "awhile" as it says. Where else can I post them?

The subreddit would be the best place... Try combining all your bug reports into one post instead. Reddit thinks you are spamming lol.

http://i.imgur.com/faDma15.png?1

the struggle is real

The struggle is indeed real. Armaholic download links should be up soon. Foxhound messaged me back!

Just have to make a quick post to say that you have totally nailed the Warthog physics. I'm just driving this thing all over the hills of Stratis and it's so satisfying.

Isn't it a blast? Have you done any jumps yet?

Congrats on the release guys!

And there's some buildings too! I was wondering how to make a futuristic FOB, very nice job!

Yay someone else who likes the original version! We'll include it in the next update, just for you. :)

As for the charging handle, doesn't make much sense for it not to in the Halo games. I understand that some weapon platforms (like the AR series) have charging handles that don't move with the bolt but in this case the handle should. It looks nicer and more professional this way in our opinions. We've said before that we weren't going to stick 100% to the lore.

Awesome, thanks! :)

The CH animation barely visible anyway, unless you use iron sights all day (which I don't), so no big issue...

On a side note tho: the original Halo AR was actually based on the H&K MP5/G3 platform where the charging handle is also fixed. A reciprocating charging handle is always a bad thing, that should only exist in older AK style guns etc (hence the FN SCAR criticism). That's also why the modern Masada/ACR or the new Desert-Tech MDR bullpup have non-reciprocating charging handles, which is actually more professional from a military/LEO PoV. Yes... I am a gun nut :P

All I need right now is this: more free time to actually play the mod :(

Thank you very much for sending us your first Alpha release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note:

since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

Don´t know why but I get an error message "Include file userconfig/Tei/TEI.hpp not found." Does somebody know how to fix this?

armaholic is up people, yaaay download is ready in 5 minutes instead of 50 :yay:

Don´t know why but I get an error message "Include file userconfig/Tei/TEI.hpp not found." Does somebody know how to fix this?

because you didn't put userconfig

Good stuff. There are issues, but given this is alfa its to be expected:

*guns crash my game, I cant even equip them using arsenal

*there is some issues with UV maps on the army woodland, the butt and right upper arm (you can see a seam there)

*I cant put my finger on it, but the BDU looks a bit too flat and shiny for me. Maybe some more aggressive normal maps could be used also the specularity could be decreased

I have a request: could add a sniper helmet (the ghillie one), but without the ghillie cover, just the visor thingy.

A camo version of ODST gear could be nice.

Those shin guards, just dont look good still, maybe its just me, but they look too big and should clasp the shin much better.

(Army woodland H) Should the belts from bracers (forearm protectors) go around the whole arm or stay as they are now

Warthogs could use some meatier engine sounds (just my opinion), also tighter turning radius seeing as all the wheels turn (I was doing smaller circles in an 8 ton backhoe loader).

The gauss could use some effect for firing, maybe a heat distortion trail for projectile?

Im sure you guys will iron the bugs out.

Meanwhile, here's something from me:

VLbiM5Rm.jpg

3oaQij9m.jpg

axysDz4m.jpg

MANY THANKS! :thumb:

Just a reminder that tonight that Delta Company of the 105th UNSC is gonna be hosting a mod test if anyone wants to get in on kicking some innie doors in :)

PM for info!

In the words of the T-800, I lied.

In the words of Agent Smith...

More

Some current in game screenshots (most are in multiplayer with a few mates, gotta say it's running great and working really for an Alpha especially MP wise!

http://imgur.com/gGxKDQ3,nKtweeG,Gj8HTaV,tBIubsZ,7JDh63f,hXnQDzB,vCPFH4c,uVFp4ad,YldW1NS,oei8XfX,TGWfQlP,Z2HPkmQ,FNgQOpz

EDIT: Also if you gents wish to use some my screenshots current or future for your mod preview images, feel free to! :)

You did an amazing work guys! Really nice mod! I have a question though, what script did you use in the demonstration video for the drop pod ? Me and my friend can't find a way to land safely, because using the "setpos alt" doesn't work and we explode everytime :rolleyes: