SpaceNavy

The Eridanus Insurrection - An Arma 3 Total Modication

One the first page, you are mentioning 4 maps where as two are under consideration, any news about if they have gone from consideration to approved or denied... how many of the before mentioned assets will be in the alpha..?

Space Navy was very kind to answer this question on page 170, please take to time to honer this kindness by actually looking.

I know the main focus is ODSTs. But I'd there any thoughts on UNSC Army Airborne Uniforms. Possibly Just Use EVA uniforms with early model air assult helmets that act like the ODSTs

We are giving you the assets to do what you want with the mod.

Just so everyone knows now-- You ARE allowed to make mods using ours as a dependency.

For example, say you wanted to make a seperate class in the UNSCDF faction (Example: Men (ODST), Men (Army)) but instead making your own something like Men (Army Pathfinders), Men (405th Infantry) something along the lines of that, you can!

This does not mean you are allowed to edit our files in anyway but you may look at the configs for reference on how to set them up. Most addon makers would know this already.

One the first page, you are mentioning 4 maps where as two are under consideration, any news about if they have gone from consideration to approved or denied... how many of the before mentioned assets will be in the alpha..?

No change.

I know the main focus is ODSTs. But I'd there any thoughts on UNSC Army Airborne Uniforms. Possibly Just Use EVA uniforms with early model air assult helmets that act like the ODSTs

in the mod right now the army and marines have two types of helmet: one that is vacuum sealed and one that is open, so technically they can function like ODSTs. IIRC pilots in the mod use the vacuum sealed helmets.

yep our pilot variants have no leg/arm armor a vacuum sealed helmet and vest.

yep our pilot variants have no leg/arm armor a vacuum sealed helmet and vest.

Is it the same helmet as the army/marines

18 hours and 17 minutes... but whose counting? :3

Wait, do we know what time zone he's basing his launch out of? And he didn't say what time of day he'll release it, he could wait until 11:59 Alaska time and still say he released on a friday. And why do I suddenly hear the sound of angry mobs with pitchforks chanting "just relax"?

Is it the same helmet as the army/marines

Yes, we have the same helmet for almost every character except for a few changes. Like we have 3 different colors (tan for desert Army, green for woodland Army, and greyish/tan for Marines) and also we have a separate helmet that the Marines and pilots use which is a vacuum helmet. Look up 'Halo Reach UNSC Marine' and you'll see the helmet we are talking about.

Wait, do we know what time zone he's basing his launch out of? And he didn't say what time of day he'll release it, he could wait until 11:59 Alaska time and still say he released on a friday. And why do I suddenly hear the sound of angry mobs with pitchforks chanting "just relax"?

JEEZ JUST RELAX MAN GOOOOSH

I said on the Moddb comments that the cutoff for us making changes is 3am CST tomorrow morning. Then I'll upload what we have to the different download mirrors.

---

On an separate note, HOW THE HELL DO YOU UPLOAD TO THE ARMA 3 STEAM WORKSHOP? I'm googling and looking around the Workshop and I can't find shit.

Edited by spacenavy90

ArmA 3 tools should have the Publisher attached to upload them with.

Well its friday in the UK now. Just gotta wait 16 hours for release

More like 9.

On an separate note, HOW THE HELL DO YOU UPLOAD TO THE ARMA 3 STEAM WORKSHOP? I'm googling and looking around the Workshop and I can't find shit.

Isn't there a maximum upload size?

Isn't there a maximum upload size?

I believe so. One of the reasons we won't upload there unless its changed.

in the mod right now the army and marines have two types of helmet: one that is vacuum sealed and one that is open, so technically they can function like ODSTs. IIRC pilots in the mod use the vacuum sealed helmets.
We are giving you the assets to do what you want with the mod.

Just so everyone knows now-- You ARE allowed to make mods using ours as a dependency.

For example, say you wanted to make a seperate class in the UNSCDF faction (Example: Men (ODST), Men (Army)) but instead making your own something like Men (Army Pathfinders), Men (405th Infantry) something along the lines of that, you can!

This does not mean you are allowed to edit our files in anyway but you may look at the configs for reference on how to set them up. Most addon makers would know this already.

Ah, what I was saying was that the ARMY Airborne uses the Air Assault helmet itself for their operations.

"Airborne personnel are equipped with Ushuaia Armory's Air Assault helmet, which was developed as an improvement on the helmet worn by the Orbital Drop Shock Troopers; Pathfinders prefer the FC-I variant of the helmet. The Airborne presumably use some form of the Army Battle Dress Uniform. It is likely that they utilize components of the MJOLNIR hard-point series, which is designed for use in parachute and parafoil operations, and the compatible G-25 airfoil carapace."

from http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/UNSC_Army_Airborne

If not, we'll use the Open Vacuum sealed helmets. Its no big deal. Sorry if I made it seem like one haha

Edited by Theronnett

I believe so. One of the reasons we won't upload there unless its changed.

Not much reason to use Steam Workshop other than uploading a text file with a link to your moddb page I think. Plus the workshop is a hive for scum and villainy, I don't think you need to be spammed with bob stick figure posts and giant thumbs up every 5 seconds.

hey guys before everything launches i wanted to take the time and remind you that this is in fact an alpha release. what does this mean? well in short, bugs. we are always working on getting rid of all bugs of course so if you find some please forgive us, report it through the propper channels and be patient. i'm not sure yet how we plan to update but if a hot fix is needed, we will push it. we dont expect everything to work flawless on launch but its playable and enjoyable as it stands. things havent been tested on dedicated mulltiplayer yet since we dont have a server, but things should work. also for most of us this the first big project we've worked on and to be honest we consider ourselfs amateurs with a big dream. this being said i dont want to scare you guys. as it stands things are pretty enjoyable and even just placing a few units in the editor is fun as hell. i hope you guys enjoy what weve worked really hard on for almost a year, hell this game was partially created in afghanistan on deployment lmfao. so once space deploys the alpha, go nuts; and lets make it fun for everybody, if you encounter a hilarious bug, pics or it didnt happen ;)

signing off for the night gents. be ready to drop into hell..

Ooh. Meant to ask. Where should we post media from playing the mod? Would y'all prefer it on the sub-reddit to avoid spamming up this thread or what?

Ooh. Meant to ask. Where should we post media from playing the mod? Would y'all prefer it on the sub-reddit to avoid spamming up this thread or what?

Don't worry about spamming anything with media. Our subreddit: /r/EridanusInsurrection or /r/arma would be preferred, but I just don't want people spamming this thread with bug reports. Media would be fine with me though. Missions too.

9 hours. Oh my Gawd. I've got a bucket ready and gave my manager the middle finger and stick with a list of recommendations of where he could put it. So excited for this.

9 hours. Oh my Gawd. I've got a bucket ready and gave my manager the middle finger and stick with a list of recommendations of where he could put it. So excited for this.

I was hoping for a gif to truly convey the reaction but this will have to do

Damn that's some dedication, and far less than 9 hours now :)

I was hoping for a gif to truly convey the reaction but this will have to do

Damn that's some dedication, and far less than 9 hours now :)

That's a perfect way to convey it. And how long? I know the cutoff time for additions was 3am, but I swear I saw SpaceNavy say around 10am CST :P

That's a perfect way to convey it. And how long? I know the cutoff time for additions was 3am, but I swear I saw SpaceNavy say around 10am CST :P

From SpacyNavy's quote it should be around 3 more hours.