SpaceNavy

The Eridanus Insurrection - An Arma 3 Total Modication

I just myself an Xbox One and the Master Chief collection. If it wasn't for bad WiFi I'd be playing it right now to keep myself busy till Friday.

I just myself an Xbox One and the Master Chief collection. If it wasn't for bad WiFi I'd be playing it right now to keep myself busy till Friday.

I really regret getting an Xbox One lol.

Will this be compatible with Xmed or TFAR?

TFAR yes, Xmed possibly in the future.

I was wondering why the MA5B was chosen for this mod instead of Halo Reach's MA37? I don't really know much about the lore of these weapons so I expect to be corrected but I was under the assumption that the MA37 came first and would therefore be more appropriate for the setting of this mod?

Dont know if you guys are aware but there is a few UNSC backpacks on both Halo Reach and Halo CEA. Perhaps you could use this (or are already).

I really regret getting an Xbox One lol.

Apparently the latest update should have fixed a lot of matchmaking issues with the MCC, still no functional ranks though. I wouldnt know if it really works, because I dont own an X1.

I was wondering why the MA5B was chosen for this mod instead of Halo Reach's MA37? I don't really know much about the lore of these weapons so I expect to be corrected but I was under the assumption that the MA37 came first and would therefore be more appropriate for the setting of this mod?

MA37 is the UNSC Army standard issue, Marines used the MA5. but the MA37 is in works i believe

MA37 will be used for Innies and UNSC Army. MA5B was used by the Marines at this time.

Dont know if you guys are aware but there is a few UNSC backpacks on both Halo Reach and Halo CEA. Perhaps you could use this (or are already).

Its being worked on.

Apparently the latest update should have fixed a lot of matchmaking issues with the MCC, still no functional ranks though. I wouldnt know if it really works, because I dont own an X1.

Protip: Its not. Won't be for a very long time if ever. Do not buy an Xbox One.

Protip: Its not. Won't be for a very long time if ever. Do not buy an Xbox One.

Wasnt really planning on it, Halo was pretty much the only reason I would buy one but due to the MCC launch Ive lost all trust in the fact that they are ever going to come close to the quality of the previous titles.

The latest patch last night to mcc has fix a lot of issues. the forums on halo waypoint a abuzz with people celebrating that they are finding matches quick and halo 1 and 2 multi is now playable. I was actually able to get into a btb match in less then 5 minutes. Was shocked

Have you guys accounts for barrel lengths and velocities in your weapon stats. This last patch to arma 3 broke the weapons we used. Making m16 1/2 as accurate as m4s and hk m416 1/10 the weight of m4s. We had to swap back to vinilla weapons cause of it

Edited by Theronnett

Cant wait to start making youtube videos of this mod, Always been a HALO Fan and always shall be.:yay:

MA37 won't be for a while, the MA5B can stand in for both. The next weapon to get some love will be the sniper rifle.

Edit: it didn't quote. .. but yeah

Great to heard compatibilty with tfar, would like to see some fortification that shown from halo wars. what are they using in future? today we usally depend on HESCO, not sure how are they making a base or fob

Great to heard compatibilty with tfar, would like to see some fortification that shown from halo wars. what are they using in future? today we usally depend on HESCO, not sure how are they making a base or fob

We've got plenty of buildings in the work. Most of which, references were used especially from Halo Wars.

I imagine that the UNSC would use something similar to HESCO barriers for small, frontline outposts (like FOB Restrepo). However, for more larger operating stations tall steel/concrete looking walls seem to be used.

I have been following this thread for several months now and thus far am very impressed with the work being done on this mod.

I have seen a lot of questions regarding compatibility with other mods and as far as I know no one has brought this up but will the vehicles be compatible with Task Force Arrowhead Radio? I ask because my group uses this mod being a realism unit and have had issues with vehicles in other mods not having vehicle radios and having to bring long range radios to get the same effect.

Also I'd like to ask about what model the sniper rifle will take on? Personally my favourite is the SRS99D-S2 from Halo 3 but that model was made well after these events which leaves only two models really to design it after. Will you use the SRS99C-S2 used in Halo: CE which was first introduced in 2460 (this would be my preferred model), or the SRS99 AM used in Halo Reach which was also first introduced in 2460?

Thanks for your time and I really cannot wait for this mod to become open.

I have been following this thread for several months now and thus far am very impressed with the work being done on this mod.

I have seen a lot of questions regarding compatibility with other mods and as far as I know no one has brought this up but will the vehicles be compatible with Task Force Arrowhead Radio? I ask because my group uses this mod being a realism unit and have had issues with vehicles in other mods not having vehicle radios and having to bring long range radios to get the same effect.

Also I'd like to ask about what model the sniper rifle will take on? Personally my favourite is the SRS99D-S2 from Halo 3 but that model was made well after these events which leaves only two models really to design it after. Will you use the SRS99C-S2 used in Halo: CE which was first introduced in 2460 (this would be my preferred model), or the SRS99 AM used in Halo Reach which was also first introduced in 2460?

Thanks for your time and I really cannot wait for this mod to become open.

The way TFAR is set up is interesting because it forces any assets to be compatible if the mod is installed. You spawn with a radio, squad leaders spawn with a radio backpack, and vehicles have appropriate vehicle radios inside them. In short, yes they will be compatible.

My favorite model is also the Halo 3 version, but I think we are going with the Reach design instead.

The way TFAR is set up is interesting because it forces any assets to be compatible if the mod is installed. You spawn with a radio, squad leaders spawn with a radio backpack, and vehicles have appropriate vehicle radios inside them. In short, yes they will be compatible.

My favorite model is also the Halo 3 version, but I think we are going with the Reach design instead.

That's interesting because yeah as I said I've had vehicle mods in the past that didn't have vehicle radios in them from TFAR, maybe an update for TFAR or something fixed that because I know those vehicles do now. Not a big fan of any of the designs for the Reach weapons aside from the shotgun, I feel they don't fit in well, all of the Halo games from CE-3 had very slim and smooth looking weapons, where as the Reach weapons look all rugged and bulky, but a sniper rifle is a sniper rifle is a sniper rifle right. Still get that 14.5x114mm round with great accuracy and effective range. Just thought of another question while thinking about the Sniper Rifles will it have integrated night vision capabilities? my biggest problem with the in game sniper systems is that they have no night mission capability unless there is plenty of moon to light things up or you use a mod scope.

That's interesting because yeah as I said I've had vehicle mods in the past that didn't have vehicle radios in them from TFAR, maybe an update for TFAR or something fixed that because I know those vehicles do now. Not a big fan of any of the designs for the Reach weapons aside from the shotgun, I feel they don't fit in well, all of the Halo games from CE-3 had very slim and smooth looking weapons, where as the Reach weapons look all rugged and bulky, but a sniper rifle is a sniper rifle is a sniper rifle right. Still get that 14.5x114mm round with great accuracy and effective range. Just thought of another question while thinking about the Sniper Rifles will it have integrated night vision capabilities? my biggest problem with the in game sniper systems is that they have no night mission capability unless there is plenty of moon to light things up or you use a mod scope.

While I cannot speak for the NV support (though I don't see why there would be an issue with it), I just want to clarify here that the sniper in Reach is just a high poly version of the one from Halo 3. Not much has changed except for the barrel break and thumb hole on the stock.

http://www.halopedia.org/images/9/9f/H3-SRS99DS2AM-SniperRifleSide.png (240 kB)

http://www.halopedia.org/images/c/c1/HReach-SRS99AM-SniperRifle-RightSide.png (384 kB)

There is quite literally no change in the overall design. The model of rifle is also not important as artistic liberties will be taken to ensure the gun looks as good as possible. I personally prefer the Reach version over the Halo 3 version because it lacks a large amount of detail that the Reach version delivered on.

This here is a actual list of know uniforms used in Halo: Reach used by the UNSC Army

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111025215511/halo/images/c/c7/UNSC_Army_variations.png

That said. The camouflage the these modders work. My last 6 months of service in the Army was being attached to my company's S6 shop, or supply for you civilians.

So looking at it from a actual military aspect, the UEG spans over 1000 worlds. Unlike UNSC Marine Corps which mainly composes of Expeditionary Forces that after a long campaign, 9 times out of 10 (for the most part being replaced by the Army who act as an occupation force) will always return to Reach or Earth for fresh personal from boot and equipment. The UNSC Army is a more permanent force. Once they land on a location. They are pretty much there to stay. And because of that. Command of those post would start contacting out to local manufacturers for gear and equipment. Vehicles, armor, and arms form the closest industrial planets. While uniforms would come for local companies and contractors. for 2 reasons.

1st reason, you want uniforms to match your local environment of the planet (why the unsc army of reach had like 6-8 different uniform patterns. that we even know of. For that was just 1 continent that we fought on on halo reach. For all we know they could've had another 20 camo patterns for Reach itself plus Army units in transition to other fronts that happen to be on Reach during the invasion with their own camo)

2nd reason is cost. How expensive would it be to have your uniforms to be shipped half way across the galaxy when you can make it right there on the planet you are on for a way cheaper cost.

But what about the marines. We only see them in the olive green from halo 2 and 3 and the drab grays for halo Reach and CE. Well marines are meant for boarding parties and Expeditionary forces. So Olive green is a great base color for invasions to new territory. Even the US military and many Nato countries used it for over 50 years and is still used today, till we swapped to the woodland BDUs. And the grays are meant for boarding actions. Which the marines on the Pillar of Autumn were specialized for cause of its special mission to capture a enemy capital ship.

It is possible that even newly commissioned UNSC Army units rocking nothing but olive green till they land a permanent posting. For you encounter soldiers in nothing but olive green in the "tip of the spear" mission on reach.

So overall. The camo these guys used are Sweet. But using the camo from what we use today is valid too. For as the guide in Halo said for UNSC tech. "If it works, why fix it." motto. I know my clan plans to use our own colors for the uniforms for we have our own Camo template. And the guys here at EI are awesome for making it so we can do that. I know me and my mission planner Booker are drumming up a whole dynamic op. So we are pumped

*This whole series of information comes from the working of extensive halo lore, Extreme workings of Nato armies 1st hand, and the workings of the Imperial Guard from warhammer 40k. For Game Workshop has been writing the hand book of space marines and galactic war sense 1988. And you figure with a long track record like that, they have it really worked out by now that it would be stupid not looking at imperial guard for reference *

Edited by Theronnett

So I'm sitting here at work and I was looking at info on the vechs from Halo wars cause I love that game and I was reading that the vulture was used to fight rebels in the same role that the AC 130 was used in. I'm like, "That is to OP"

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/AC-220_Gunship

Was over at ModDB and checking out some of the screenies i hadn't seen before, and wow it looks super cool, not only the design. textures but also the large amount of upcoming toys and goodies... Looking forward to strapping on a ODST armor and getting in there...

Keep it up, this can only become epic.

I know the main focus is ODSTs. But I'd there any thoughts on UNSC Army Airborne Uniforms. Possibly Just Use EVA uniforms with early model air assult helmets that act like the ODSTs

One the first page, you are mentioning 4 maps where as two are under consideration, any news about if they have gone from consideration to approved or denied... how many of the before mentioned assets will be in the alpha..?