SpaceNavy

The Eridanus Insurrection - An Arma 3 Total Modication

Will this thread be our feedback tracker for the alpha? Or do you have something else in mind?

-drives off the top of a charon class- WoooHoooooo!

anyways will the charon be able to launch pods with special scripting or a module?

Yes, the Charon will not be included in this release, but we already have working code to launch from it.

Guys, I want to say that you are awesome. Finaly in Halo universe, big battlefields full of UNSC troops, vehicles, everything. Just awesome. I was silently watching this thread for months. Just one question, will Charon be static on the map, like part of the land, but in tke sky, or it will actualy be a vehicle which we could add in editor? Imagine if there could actualy be pilot who could slowly fly that thing over the map (I think that could be possibel, there are already big sea ships (USS Iowa and an aircraft carrier) with drivers and gunners. I am saying becouse there is one youtuber with a lot of publicity looking for this stuff and I can contact him and I believe that his mind will be blown.

Really, if you could make that Charon driveable, with interiors, that would be some next level awesomenes...

Anyway, keep up the good work guys, and please, just please, dont quit from this project.

The problem with making objects driveable is that people can't move around while it's moving. You can't have people moving on em. Someone tried to solve movement on boats and stuff with AttachTo scripts, but I havent heard anything on that recently.

maybe...make two versions? A "cargo" version that is for mission and unit deployment. And a "vehicle" version that can be pilot around and used for fire support?

M862 Arctic Hog i say is still one of the most bazaar looking warthogs i say

http://unscmarines.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/3picssnowhog.jpg.w560h155.jpg

Apparently the M914 Recovery Vehicle warthog plays the same role as the M1037 maintenance humvees my unit used to maintain our vehicles. (possible faster maintenance vics in places where an elephant won't work?)

M1037 maintenance Humvee http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/policy/army/fm/4-93-53/fig2-2.gif

Edited by Theronnett

maybe...make two versions? A "cargo" version that is for mission and unit deployment. And a "vehicle" version that can be pilot around and used for fire support?

Still wayyyy too massive. They wouldn't be able to do much fire support anyway. The only weapons they have are the MAC gun, 50mm point defense guns, and missile pods.

If we include a MAC gun fire support option, it'll be from space. So it'll just fall out of the sky. The PDGs may be mannable from the static ship and the missile pods may be used as an "artillery" Tomahawk type thing.

Still wayyyy too massive. They wouldn't be able to do much fire support anyway. The only weapons they have are the MAC gun, 50mm point defense guns, and missile pods.

If we include a MAC gun fire support option, it'll be from space. So it'll just fall out of the sky. The PDGs may be mannable from the static ship and the missile pods may be used as an "artillery" Tomahawk type thing.

Kinda like how they were used in Reach? Level Tip of the Spear? (video related)

In Atmosphere Mac blast though (video related)

---------- Post added at 00:06 ---------- Previous post was at 23:55 ----------

I think that is what people want, but I'm fine with static

Edited by Theronnett

Kinda like how they were used in Reach? Level Tip of the Spear? (video related)

In Atmosphere Mac blast though (video related)

"MAC rounds?! In atmosphere?!"

"One way to get their attention."

Damn that's cool. Still, frigate is absolutely too large to fly yourself. Just too many issues. But I'll see what we can do about getting ambient ships gliding around.

"MAC rounds?! In atmosphere?!"

"One way to get their attention."

Damn that's cool. Still, frigate is absolutely too large to fly yourself. Just too many issues. But I'll see what we can do about getting ambient ships gliding around.

Won't Lie, If you ever get that working, Just having all those 50mm cannons working would be awesome.

Won't Lie, If you ever get that working, Just having all those 50mm cannons working would be awesome.

That is very much do-able. It'll probably happen too. My only concern is, what would you actually use them for? AAA would be hard hitting a small plane target.

One thing to keep in mind, is that these 50mm guns don't fire very quickly. Not CRAM/Rotary gun speeds at least.

Edited by spacenavy90

Now I must ask if anyone plans on making a Halo Armaverse Unit/Clan?

to our knowledge 2 already sprung up, however one already shut down. seeing how there was no mod out yet im sure it was weird not being able to play. i could see some units (not many) appear. who knows, maybe we can establish a cool community within the arma community :D

Will this thread be our feedback tracker for the alpha? Or do you have something else in mind?

When the mod comes out, I'd prefer if people didn't spam this thread with bug reports. Inveitably people will, but it will annoy a lot of people if there are dozens of people posting bug reports in this thread.

So two places to post bug reports:

http://www.reddit.com/r/EridanusInsurrection/

or

http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-eridanus-insurrection/forum/board/v-01-alpha-release-bugs

When the mod comes out, I'd prefer if people didn't spam this thread with bug reports. Inveitably people will, but it will annoy a lot of people if there are dozens of people posting bug reports in this thread.

So two places to post bug reports:

http://www.reddit.com/r/EridanusInsurrection/

or

http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-eridanus-insurrection/forum/board/v-01-alpha-release-bugs

Gotcha, can't wait to find those bugs.

As for the use of the 50mm, why not have it function similar to an AC-130? The frigate could be on standby for a certain mission, and the 50mm would be one of your supports you can call in (similar to calling in a mortar or artillery fire). That seems pretty reasonable if calling in a MAC round from orbit is under consideration, which by the way would be pretty freaking sweet.

A lot of people have asked whether or not the frigate will fly or have specific functions other than a prop, but I'd like to know if the interior would be complex enough to host an entire mission area. Like the first mission from Halo: CE, but on the frigate and with Insurrectionist boarders.

Gotcha, can't wait to find those bugs.

As for the use of the 50mm, why not have it function similar to an AC-130? The frigate could be on standby for a certain mission, and the 50mm would be one of your supports you can call in (similar to calling in a mortar or artillery fire). That seems pretty reasonable if calling in a MAC round from orbit is under consideration, which by the way would be pretty freaking sweet.

A lot of people have asked whether or not the frigate will fly or have specific functions other than a prop, but I'd like to know if the interior would be complex enough to host an entire mission area. Like the first mission from Halo: CE, but on the frigate and with Insurrectionist boarders.

Possibly. But then you have about six 50mm guns firing on one spot infinitely. Seems too OP to me. If it were a moving fire support ship then perhaps. We'll see.

MAC gun from the sky is pretty much a definite though. Same with the Archer missile strikes if we can get the code right.

I was actually pretty impressed by our interior. This is how the layout is going to be: http://puu.sh/gkptA/904946d5b4.jpg

The overall length of the frigate is about 490 meters. It will have three levels (different levels accessed via teleport command because 'lol falling animation' bug): bridge, main deck, and motorpool.

The bridge will be... well the bridge. Nothing too crazy here. What I have in mind is that from the bridge you can access an action that would allow you to teleport the entire ship to a different location on the map. This would also be the area where you could control any fire control stations we might have (50mm guns, Archer missiles).

The main deck will stretch... probably about 300m overall length approxmately based on that map. It will stretch all the way from the rear, where the ODST drop pod room and mission briefing area will be, to the main corridor. Where we will have various rooms like: medical bay, armory, barracks, cryogenics bay, probably some others because that's a lot of space to occupy (suggestions for rooms?). From there, you can enter the side hangar bays where Pelicans can land and take off from the 6 doors on each side.

We are pretty excited about our big floating base.

Possibly. But then you have about six 50mm guns firing on one spot infinitely. Seems too OP to me. If it were a moving fire support ship then perhaps. We'll see.

MAC gun from the sky is pretty much a definite though. Same with the Archer missile strikes if we can get the code right.

I was actually pretty impressed by our interior. This is how the layout is going to be: http://puu.sh/gkptA/904946d5b4.jpg

The overall length of the frigate is about 490 meters. It will have three levels (different levels accessed via teleport command because 'lol falling animation' bug): bridge, main deck, and motorpool.

The bridge will be... well the bridge. Nothing too crazy here. What I have in mind is that from the bridge you can access an action that would allow you to teleport the entire ship to a different location on the map. This would also be the area where you could control any fire control stations we might have (50mm guns, Archer missiles).

The main deck will stretch... probably about 300m overall length approxmately based on that map. It will stretch all the way from the rear, where the ODST drop pod room and mission briefing area will be, to the main corridor. Where we will have various rooms like: medical bay, armory, barracks, cryogenics bay, probably some others because that's a lot of space to occupy (suggestions for rooms?). From there, you can enter the side hangar bays where Pelicans can land and take off from the 6 doors on each side.

We are pretty excited about our big floating base.

How would you get the vehicles off the frigate? Like Warthogs.

and will there be a module to automatically populate the ship like the USS Nimitz

How would you get the vehicles off the frigate? Like Warthogs.

and will there be a module to automatically populate the ship like the USS Nimitz

Good question. In Halo 3, the frigate would "land" and an elevator would deploy to allow vehicles to roll off. Obviously, we can't do that. So what will likely happen is that vehicles will have to be loaded from the motorpool onto a Pelican that is also docked in the motorpool. And then the Pelican will fly it down to where it needs to go.

And yes, we'll try to have something along the lines of that to populate the ship and give it more life.

I know the rear bay door would open to allow pelicans to fly in and pick up vehicles. (Would suggest a elevator, but seeing how arma handles elevators. Nope. Don't do that lol. Rather just use zues and be like the warthogs came up on a elevator)

For rooms, you named all the important stuff. more then 1 barrecks room makes sense. Possibly a firing range Near the armory. Every Sci fi ship dealing with marines has a small test fire/ zeroing range. 25meters minimum for zeroing. For trooper is going to accept a weapon from the armorer And go into battle with out zeroing the weapon To their eyes. No matter how bad ass.

Even the small COPs I was post in in Iraq had a zeroing range. No matter how small the firebase was.

---------- Post added at 10:07 ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 ----------

For no trooper *

---------- Post added at 10:10 ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 ----------

Also the elevator was met for the vehicle bay to the pelican Hangers. For you know they would've had one

---------- Post added at 10:15 ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 ----------

But it would be sweet if you had a real drawn out interior to the ship. For If you do. I could see planing a few operations where you are raiding the ship as innie boarders/ fighting off innie boarders. Or marines trying to take back the ship from innies/ fighting off marines.

---------- Post added at 10:20 ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 ----------

Hell. Having a innie controlled ship doing full broad ships with a unsc controlled ship while boarders from both teams try to board each other to take over the bridge of the rival ship (like star wars battlefront 2 space combat missions) pvp matches would be pretty intense lol

---------- Post added at 10:22 ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 ----------

How Broadsides turned into broad ships on spell checker is beyond me

Making a arma clan is rough. You have to have a system strong enough to host a server or 2. And if not, you have to rent a sever from a server rental company, and those are not cheap. Then the cost of renting a teamspeak.

Then you need an team of mission makers and scripters. For If you only have one, he'll get burned out real quickly. The best is 5+ for you can rotate between mission makers each week. Giving the others to refine the operation. Then that gives them time to make fun horsing around operations that you do in between the weekly op to keep your clan busy and give your mission maker something fun he would like to do without Repercussions.

Then you have the deal With recruitment and Attendence. For the moment you have 6 people not show up without saying they were not coming, it can ruin the whole op for you need to scale it for a lack of personal. And when it happens again, you'll lose more members and it goes down hill.

Then there is getting a working public server going and keeping full of moderators and working to try to get a high population count. For If you can do that, you got recruitment right there.

All in all it is very rough to get a clan from scratch working and getting on its feet. it all comes down to having the personnel, money, and LOTS of free time. I would totally create a clan solely focused on the Halo mod. It would be great. but to start from scratch is really tall order. No where as bad as actually doing all the modding we play off of. But it can be just as stressful, especially if your a clan leader.

The ATLAS LHD mod has working elevators that aren't buggy

Really? You have a link? For I know the elevators in the Nimitz are super buggy. Clipping through and falling into the ocean. F18s blowing up Or getting stuck

That is very much do-able. It'll probably happen too. My only concern is, what would you actually use them for? AAA would be hard hitting a small plane target.

One thing to keep in mind, is that these 50mm guns don't fire very quickly. Not CRAM/Rotary gun speeds at least.

http://www.halopedia.org/Charon-class_light_frigate

It says then Charon has

Unidentified secondary defense guns (6x quad-linked)

and

Unidentified tertiary point defense guns (3)

So they can be smaller aaa guns like how the Charon does on sins of the prophets. For when you engage enemy ships in close combat in that mod. It'll engage with macs, missles and the 50mm guns while smaller guns fight off fighters.

Tertiary point defense guns are basically CWIS anti missles defense guns you see on cruisers and destroyers

example

So the Unidentified secondary defense guns (6x quad-linked) are most likely the anti fighter defense that sins uses on thier Charon

So sense they are quad. You could use the turrets from the nato anti air apc and use 4 barrels instead of 2

Edited by Theronnett

Really? You have a link? For I know the elevators in the Nimitz are super buggy. Clipping through and falling into the ocean. F18s blowing up Or getting stuck

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27648

Nice. A working elevator

You know. Strike all those extra weapons from the record for the Charon. Was looking further into it. Those are the guns they added to the forward onto dawn on halo 4 :(

Edited by Theronnett

I was one of the two Arma clans that started. Also the one that shut down. I got a 45 hour a week job and the mod wasn't really out yet, soooo... would be interested in starting another clan up, just need people willing to pitch in and help out. The main issue would be server costs as we grow. So I'd obviously need some small donations from those willing to help start us up. I can handle mission editing and prep work, as well as the forums, and training people who'd be a little more active than me to run recruitment wouldn't be difficult. Even Teamspeak servers aren't insanely expensive (.30 a slot). Biggest issue would be making sure the unit stays afloat in the first 3 months. Otherwise all the money put in would be wasted. I'd be willing to start one, so if you're interested in helping me accomplish that, message me.