SpaceNavy

The Eridanus Insurrection - An Arma 3 Total Modication

The time has come.

Today, we are announcing that the mod is going to release on March 6th, this Friday so that you may enjoy the weekend and Spring break for a lot of you. This way, you will also not procrastinate at work or school and also not call out "sick" to play as we all have done for games in the past.

We have a few smaller bugs to wring out first, but there you have it so, stay tuned!

Wohoooo

we are hoping to stand up a "official" server at some point. will see how it goes though.

on a sidenote, something in the works that sadly wont make it in time for alpha :( hopefully soon after. this is the HIGH POLY model we received and cockpit is just a wip/placeholder for now

http://i.imgur.com/1HozeXR.jpg

Mother of god.

Edited by Ink.

Spartans and ArmA

I honestly think spartans could work if carefully balanced by the mission maker. If the players are the opfor and they are made aware of a spartan's insertion into the AO through one way or another, then the spartan could maybe become less of an unfair killing machine and more of a high value target akin to enemy armor. And if, say, the players are blufor and they have a spartan on their team, the mission could maybe be balanced so that the spartan's assistance is required to safely complete the mission. Obviously, it'd be pretty gimmicky and full teams of spartans or TvT with spartans probably wouldn't work well.

I still think it could work to some degree.

The time has come.

The hype is real.

I honestly think spartans could work if carefully balanced by the mission maker. If the players are the opfor and they are made aware of a spartan's insertion into the AO through one way or another, then the spartan could maybe become less of an unfair killing machine and more of a high value target akin to enemy armor. And if, say, the players are blufor and they have a spartan on their team, the mission could maybe be balanced so that the spartan's assistance is required to safely complete the mission. Obviously, it'd be pretty gimmicky and full teams of spartans or TvT with spartans probably wouldn't work well.

I still think it could work to some degree.

I mean, this definitely seems possible. In either case, it would be up to the creators of the mission(s) or the administrator(s) of the event/server to manage the balancing act of Spartans vs Non-Spartans.

Personally, I think that it is better to have content that not everyone wants as opposed to not having content that some people wants. If you have it but don't want to use it, you simply avoid doing so. But if you don't and you want to, unfortunately you're out of luck.

Another option would be allowing third party devs to create spartan equipment as an add-on to this add-on. But that would require capable people of doing so, permission from the EI team, and other factors. It would free the EI devs from the task, but it also brings complications, more than if they did it.

People are free to make any kind of addons that use ours as a dependency. Including SPARTANs.

We just aren't going to make them ourselves.

The time has come.

:bounce3: Thanks for the heads up; now I can prepare for have no life for a week straight.:bounce3:

GET HYPED! Release of the Alpha so close after the announcement. Is there a list somewhere that shows all the Alpha content, like what units/uniforms/vehicles(and maybe missions?) will be available in the public Alpha release? Cant wait.

Aaaargh only one weekend worth of trying for me.... Curse work

Very nice news, will be looking forward to try it out all weekend... this gonna be a epic beginning of an superb mod...

GET HYPED! Release of the Alpha so close after the announcement. Is there a list somewhere that shows all the Alpha content, like what units/uniforms/vehicles(and maybe missions?) will be available in the public Alpha release? Cant wait.

Id rather wait for the actual release, get a sense of surprise and joy.

Has the ability to make the ODST's visors become clear with the push of a button been added?

All I care about during alpha release is a list of known bugs and issues so when my buddies and I are putting what is out through the ropes. We don't bother you guys with stuff you are already tracking. We plan to go nice and slow and give helpful advice with the bug reports. We know yout guys are stressing and we don't plan to make your lives harder.

thanks theronnett! it is important to emphasize that this is alpha which means testing for bugs. so the fact that you already say this is good! things will break, things will act weird, things will go wrong, but overall things are playable and in a good state. it is also important for us to know how well things work on dedicated servers and mp environments as we dont get too much testin on that aspect. but yeah, lookjng forward to hearing what you all find and where we can improve. hopefully the release will attract more modders to join the team as well so we can continue pushing hard and bringing you more and file out the bugs better.

Yeah. My clan focuses on US Army light infantry. So our operations will be really focusing on airborne, Air assult (which can't really be don't till hornets and falcons are put in) and motorized (warthogs replacing humvees is perfect). We'll fight insurgents, but we will also pit your units against CSAT when it becomes more drawn out to see how everything pits against a real army. (Or innies with lots of stolen UNSC hardware) it'll be fun. We'll test out odsts. But we are more army focused then marine.

How about making an uparmored version of the warthog? With doors and windows, something like MRAP Warthog could be interesting.

My body is ready!

How about making an uparmored version of the warthog? With doors and windows, something like MRAP Warthog could be interesting.

My body is ready!

We literally made this already

Ah thats why I though I saw somewhere a concept of an armored warthog.

[/derp]

Speaking of Warthogs SpaceNavy, I read somewhere that the UNSC did away with fossil-fuel combustion engines and switched to a hydrogen-based combustion system for most of their vehicles. With this in mind, all M12 FAVs/LRVs come equipped with a solar/saline actuator, which means they can convert up to 12 litres of clean/brackish/salt water on the fly. Will this mean that UNSC vehicles can refuel at almost any body of water, but not pre-defined petrol stations? Or is the code for that just too gimmick-y?

Edit: found it http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/M12_Force_Application_Vehicle

Edited by iFreefall

This must honestly be the most anticipated mods for Arma 3 at the moment. Can't wait to fill the skies with drop-pods, All we need is some Ultra-marines out of nowhere with the same functions hah. Great stuff

Speaking of Warthogs SpaceNavy, I read somewhere that the UNSC did away with fossil-fuel combustion engines and switched to a hydrogen-based combustion system for most of their vehicles. With this in mind, all M12 FAVs/LRVs come equipped with a solar/saline actuator, which means they can convert up to 12 litres of clean/brackish/salt water on the fly. Will this mean that UNSC vehicles can refuel at almost any body of water, but not pre-defined petrol stations? Or is the code for that just too gimmick-y?

This was also mentioned in the Forza Warthog easter egg. Speaking of which, I wonder if we can survive a massive drop or crash in a warthog as advertised.

Yeah, little too gimmicky for us.

This was also mentioned in the Forza Warthog easter egg. Speaking of which, I wonder if we can survive a massive drop or crash in a warthog as advertised.

Yes, you can. It is one of my favorite features about the Warthog ingame right now. The wheels are very, very tough and highly elevated off the ground so you can do massive jumps and survive no problem.

Its awesome.

Yes, you can. It is one of my favorite features about the Warthog ingame right now. The wheels are very, very tough and highly elevated off the ground so you can do massive jumps and survive no problem.

Its awesome.

-drives off the top of a charon class- WoooHoooooo!

anyways will the charon be able to launch pods with special scripting or a module?