SpaceNavy

The Eridanus Insurrection - An Arma 3 Total Modication

Are you guys thinking about hosting your own public server for the mod once the dev process gets a bit more laid back?

we are hoping to stand up a "official" server at some point. will see how it goes though.

on a sidenote, something in the works that sadly wont make it in time for alpha :( hopefully soon after. this is the HIGH POLY model we received and cockpit is just a wip/placeholder for now

http://i.imgur.com/1HozeXR.jpg

once i get a job, i wouldnt even mind dealing with donations to keep the server up honestly.

i would do anything if that were a possible outcome. Im afraid other servers wouldn't use the mod until it hits high speed and popularity, due to it just not being known by server hosts

Edit:

I need new pants

Edited by Facethelight

Will the falcon be released with alpha?

---------- Post added at 11:00 ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 ----------

Never mind, didnt read properly

I don't even like Halo (actually I dislike) and am so much exited about that project. I can't stand that tease! xD

Same feeling here : I never liked the gameplay in Halo, yet the game universe is quite interesting.

How awesome it would be to see a Covenant mod with this! ;)

(Eventhough it's unlikely, one can always dream!)

Oh god yes

Cool trailer never played Halo, but like most other find this mod to be a very nice and cool addition to the ArmaVerse... Really looking forward to trying this out... Since I have no knowledge of the Halo world, the troops in Black Armor in the earlier shots, are the Spartans or what..???

Cool trailer never played Halo, but like most other find this mod to be a very nice and cool addition to the ArmaVerse... Really looking forward to trying this out... Since I have no knowledge of the Halo world, the troops in Black Armor in the earlier shots, are the Spartans or what..???

ODST's mate. Orbital Drop Shock Troopers. They're almost marine special forces if I had to put a tag on it.

ODST's mate. Orbital Drop Shock Troopers. They're almost marine special forces if I had to put a tag on it.

Okay thanks, gotta find a source for info on the units and factions of the game, to get some background info about this mod... :)

They are special operations :)

Okay thanks, gotta find a source for info on the units and factions of the game, to get some background info about this mod... :)

I'd call them the Halo equivalent of Navy SEALs and Airborne troops combined.

Here is some lore you can read up on:

http://www.halopedia.org/UNSC_Defense_Force

http://www.halopedia.org/UNSC_Marine_Corps

http://www.halopedia.org/Orbital_Drop_Shock_Troopers

http://www.halopedia.org/Insurrection

http://www.halopedia.org/United_Rebel_Front

ODSTs would be the following

MARSOC,SEALS,and AIRBORNE rangers, maybe even Force Recon too

So you know. The UNSC did have traditional airborne forces in the form of Drop Jet platoons

halo.wikia.com/wiki/105th_Drop_Jet_Platoon

So you know. The UNSC did have traditional airborne forces in the form of Drop Jet platoons

That was still a platoon of ODSTs, so not really.

That was still a platoon of ODSTs, so not really.

Actually it was stated they were not ODSTs

---------- Post added at 12:30 ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 ----------

An interesting read that the Sins of the Prophets guys posted on their Facebook. People debating the practical use of the UNSC vehicles. Found it a fun read.

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskScienceFiction/comments/2w1acf/halo_okay_who_is_the_idiot_who_designed_the_unsc/

---------- Post added at 12:32 ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 ----------

Hopefully the link works this time

Http://www.halo.wikia.com/wiki/105th_Drop_Jet_Platoon

Okay looking further into it. they were recon into being odsts. I am mistaken

But funny a whole odst plt were slaughtered by uggoy

Edited by Theronnett

...How awesome it would be to see a Covenant mod with this! ;)

(Eventhough it's unlikely, one can always dream!)

Sadly, the amount of work needed to make all-new skeletons and animations for each of the races and then implement them is way too great for any mod team to handle.

The covenant is one of my favourite sci-fi factions of all time though, so maybe I can dream about it.

YOOOO can you let us know what mods you're using and would we be able to have a mission file? :D

We are using a large modpack and I had to use several different assets from that pack to make the mission as "authentic" as I could. I'd say it's about 70% mod content, so I don't think it would be worth it for now.

I will of course convert the mission to Eridanus Insurrection assets once they are available to us.

From what we've experienced in my ODST mission, the orbital drop mechanic brings in good gameplay features, so I have high hopes for the future.

First of all, the initial drop is exciting and gives your system a shock start.

Secondly, it brings a good implementation of JIP players as they are able to deploy in their own SOEIV after an optional uplink objective has been completed on the ground.

I can't wait to start developing more fleshed out Halo missions once I get a hold on the ground-based assets, so some players will be dropping in as ODST, others will be playing as marines assaulting with Warthogs and Pelicans.

Here's what I'm currently implementing. Targets will be transmitted from squad leaders to the commander, who will then confirm the shot.

http://i.imgur.com/w4oJRL2.jpg (273 kB)

Once again, not affiliated with the Eridanus Insurrection mod, but related.

Looks like the UNSC did have Airborne units under the UNSC Army

http://www.halopedia.org/UNSC_Army_airborne

---------- Post added at 13:58 ---------- Previous post was at 13:42 ----------

infact the air assult helmets worn by some spartans like Kat were designed for the Army Airborne units as in improvement to the ODST helmets. So it may be an idea for units like mine that is more army focused and won't be using odsts much. But would be deploying in a more ranger airborne style UNSC action. So adding the air assult helmets for those wanting to do army airborne and even possibly marine airborne would be a sweet idea.

I know my clan is going to add the script that King of the hill does when You eject out the pelican as infantry, you will get a parachute automatically with out losing your assult bag. For airborne units carry their kit bags on their chest when they drop and being forced normally to carry chutes onto the bird will ruin that for we wouldn't get to carry our kit.

We also have plans to try to make it work when you detach a warthog from the pelican at high elevation, it'll deploy a chute of its own like the 82nd does for their humvees. Hopefully we can get it to work.

---------- Post added at 14:12 ---------- Previous post was at 13:58 ----------

A more complete description of the UNSC Airborne

Http://www.halo.wikia.com/wiki/UNSC_Army_Airborne

Basically saying the the Airborne is the Army equivalent to the ODSTs

Perfect picture in what I had in mind

http://halo.bungie.net/images/games/Halo2/Gallery/Print/EDGE_Cover_Oct02.jpg

Edited by Theronnett

Are the armors (Spartan/ODST) part of vests or uniforms or something third... (hope the question is understandable:) and are you going to add some different none armored uniforms as well, or will it only be these wonderfull armored soldiers seen in shots so far...

Sadly, the amount of work needed to make all-new skeletons and animations for each of the races and then implement them is way too great for any mod team to handle.

The covenant is one of my favourite sci-fi factions of all time though, so maybe I can dream about it.

Quite frankly i'm very happy that there is no covenant faction in the mod. Fighting insurrectionists gives us a realistic sense of who we're fighting, instead of some ridiculously overpowered alien race with power shields and plasma weapons. It's kinda the same argument as to why i'm happy there's no Spartans in the mod. I've ALWAYS wanted a game where you were just a boot marine/ODST fighting in the Halo-verse, just so I could get a real sense of what kind of fight is happening. If i'm invulnerable to any sort of damage, it really takes away the fun out of anything. Don't get me wrong, I LOVED and still love the Halo series, but I've never gotten a feel as if i'm ever in any real danger. This mod will finally change that :)

Now thanks to the EI Team, my dream is coming true :')

Thanks for everything you and the team do SpaceNavy!

---------- Post added at 20:41 ---------- Previous post was at 20:39 ----------

Are the armors (Spartan/ODST) part of vests or uniforms or something third... (hope the question is understandable:) and are you going to add some different none armored uniforms as well, or will it only be these wonderfull armored soldiers seen in shots so far...

There's no Spartan armor, but the uniform in ArmA is typically divided into several parts. The ODST/marine bodysuits will MOST LIKELY be under uniforms, and the ODST/marine armors will MOST LIKELY be under vests.

And yeah, they've linked a photo to an ODST instructor a few days ago

ZfhUqQj.jpg

The time has come.

Today, we are announcing that the mod is going to release on March 6th, this Friday so that you may enjoy the weekend and Spring break for a lot of you. This way, you will also not procrastinate at work or school and also not call out "sick" to play as we all have done for games in the past.

We have a few smaller bugs to wring out first, but there you have it so, stay tuned!

Edited by spacenavy90