SpaceNavy

The Eridanus Insurrection - An Arma 3 Total Modication

I think I asked this a long time ago, but will the AI be able to use the drop pods? After the initial Alpha release, I wanted to do a showcase/release video to the tune of "Take out the Gunman" by Chevelle, and I thought 40 drop pods coming into the atmosphere would be pretty fucking awesome on camera.

I think I asked this a long time ago, but will the AI be able to use the drop pods? After the initial Alpha release, I wanted to do a showcase/release video to the tune of "Take out the Gunman" by Chevelle, and I thought 40 drop pods coming into the atmosphere would be pretty fucking awesome on camera.

Yes, atm there is a setup where you can call in drop pods one at a time. Also, I'm working on a system where you can call in a full squad at once.

Yes, atm there is a setup where you can call in drop pods one at a time. Also, I'm working on a system where you can call in a full squad at once.

That is awesome! My friends and I do missions with a lot of AI, so I wanted to make sure we'd have that functionality :)

Also, I want to finish the aforementioned video a day or two after release. Once I get it uploaded and show it to you guys, if it's badass enough, would you be ok with using it as the mod's "official" launch trailer? :D

Finally got up to 100 posts, another 57 to go! But while I was catching up and seeing some of the models of the armours, I do wonder though, where do they keep all the mags let along grenades? All I see for some of the ODST's are a few small pouches, 4 at the most (Disregarding the thigh pouch unless that is where it all goes), same goes for the Marines and Army, but those pouches don't look like they fit any mag system (Although I could be wrong due to lack of size and depth comparison). So where do the all the ammo go? :eek:

I am aware that the top armor plate on the ODST also acts as a compartment as seen in the ODST live action trailer (

@02:08), but also in that trailer @02:08 you can see additional equipment's/gears strapped on their armour, yet still no clear easy access to mags can be seen..

All cred goes to Zero and TheDidact for their beaut texture and model. I can only take credit for rendering it out.

Edited by Stirls

Just my experiences with making NATO a bit more futuristic: all my NATO soldiers now have Rangefinders (binoculars are soooo yesterday), Squad and Team leaders have Laser Designators as well as UAV terminals. Now my NATO forces are a bit more high tech.

well, colour me excited. :)

SMG isn't in-game yet. Zero is working hard to create the RVmats for everything else too. I had a sneak peak, and my god they are amazing.

SMG isn't in-game yet. Zero is working hard to create the RVmats for everything else too. I had a sneak peak, and my god they are amazing.

Are the visors fixed ;)

Just out of curiosity, this addon will be completely compatible with AGM, correct?

If so, are fastropes with the Pelicans an option? Asking for a friend :cool:

Just out of curiosity, this addon will be completely compatible with AGM, correct?

If so, are fastropes with the Pelicans an option? Asking for a friend :cool:

Yes, we will be AGM compatible. As for fast ropes, I definitely want the option. Unsure if it will be available for first release but we'll try.

I just had to make an account to post on here, because i can't take this unspoken hype anymore.

Being someone who grew up with halo, as in seriously I was but a tiny little boy when i started playing halo, seeing this in one of the few games i play much more than i should, just puts a smile on my face. I always have some type of mod of halo on something, whether it be some flood zombies on left 4 dead or something, but having this much thrown into arma? with so many things already done in such a quick timeline. My friend showed me your WIP mod and i've been hyped for weeks now.

I just have so many overwhelming emotions over this, so thank you for all the work you're doing is what im trying to say.

hey gents, just something i wanted to bring back up, that is probably buried deep inside this thread. a small update on the monument that will carry as many names of people who helped the mod as possible. i believe there is still room on there, so if you find a way to contribute we will include your name for all to see. space liked it so much we decided that this monument will be featured on every future map, so get your name in the game gents :D enjoy

http://i.imgur.com/DwF68Gh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/WR8QK6Q.jpg

Some really good stuff going on in here, nice work guys.

Look forward to trying it out.

Have really enjoyed the HALO series on Xbawx.

We have to make do with the assets we've got.

Please save us soon!

DISCLAIMER: OBVIOUSLY NOT AFFILIATED WITH THE ACTUAL MOD.

Please save us soon!

YOOOO can you let us know what mods you're using and would we be able to have a mission file? :D

Please save us soon!

This is very impressive, perhaps you'll be able to use more "authentic" assets soon. ;)

Are you guys thinking about hosting your own public server for the mod once the dev process gets a bit more laid back?