SpaceNavy

The Eridanus Insurrection - An Arma 3 Total Modication

Had to go and make a new account because I forgot my old one. Anyway, the both the M7 and M7S use the same 5x23mm caseless rounds. The only differences between the two are the suppressor, the sight with smart-linked scope, a compact 48-round magazine instead of the normal 60-round mag, and what appears to be a laser of some kind below the suppressor. As it is, I think it fits Arma 3's current attachment system perfectly, one sight attachment, one rail attachment and one muzzle attachment. Magazines could be used interchangeably using the current system, such as using normal 30-round 6.5x39mm caseless magazines or 100-round magazines usually used on the MX SW.

On the Halo2A multiplayer playlist, it hast the silenced smg with smartscope in it. And they Increased the rounds to 60 per a mag, also shoots slightly faster, Was empty when the regular SMG still had a 4th of the mag left in it. Magazines were not interchangeable between SMGs also

On the Halo2A multiplayer playlist, it hast the silenced smg with smartscope in it. And they Increased the rounds to 60 per a mag, also shoots slightly faster, Was empty when the regular SMG still had a 4th of the mag left in it. Magazines were not interchangeable between SMGs also

SMG always had 60rnd mags.

Can the frigate launch SOEIV's and act as an FOB?

Yes, they will. We'll have a template where you can spawn inside the static frigate high up in the air and it will have a number of different features.

SMG always had 60rnd mags.

No, in H3 ODST they had 48 rounds.

I just finished building this today...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t34.0-12/10979392_10152573413671174_1845032990_n.jpg?oh=3f26c99ab5f323cfed773a63b2759fa0&oe=54E0ADC0&__gda__=1424082193_2a6abc5e47ce67ad0f377ce28de3f916

So lets say you needed help testing or making a video, I'd be more than willing. :cheers:

Needless to say, the mod looks amazing!

Any updates on the map that is being made for this mod?

Map updates?

Hmm.. Well I can tell you now L3DT and TerrainBuilder (formerly Vistor) are pains in my ass. Maybe I'll message Bushlurker for some help later on.

But we have a lot of work done on the actual buildings to be included in the maps. ;)

Yeah but its just not a priority RIGHT at this minute. I'd prefer to get this alpha out ASAP for you guys.

Yes, they will. We'll have a template where you can spawn inside the static frigate high up in the air and it will have a number of different features.

No, in H3 ODST they had 48 rounds.

The H3:ODST SMG was also way more accurate then the regular smg, don't know how accurate it is in H2A multiplayer, was going to run some test

So the suppressed SMG? is it a standalone weapon or individual attachments for a baseline SMG? I feel that something like that would have to be a standalone weapon so it can be spec-op'ish with maybe a higher calibre round or some other little custom ODST modifications perhaps? other than a standard Army/Marine SMG with a silencer.

With all the talk about the M7 and the point Illuminati brought up, how are you going to do the laser/light on the suppressor? Will you do an attachment comparable only with the suppressor or have it on a rail system?

Awesome, If its not too much to ask could we get a list on what's included in the alpha release?

With all the talk about the M7 and the point Illuminati brought up, how are you going to do the laser/light on the suppressor? Will you do an attachment comparable only with the suppressor or have it on a rail system?

Well what we plan to do is have two attachments, laser and flashlight. They will use the same model and placement which will appear on the barrel but the actual attachment proxy will be on the receiver. This way you can pick and choose which version to use. I wish BI allowed for more than one attachment or the ability to switch between modes on the attachment. Just like in one of the mods I've seen.

Awesome, If its not too much to ask could we get a list on what's included in the alpha release?

A list? Yeah sure. It wasn't really a secret I just don't recall anyone asking.

Factions:

-BLUFOR

--UNSCDF

---UNSC Army (Woodland)

---UNSC Army (Desert)

---UNSC Marines

---UNSC ODST

-OPFOR

--Insurrectionists

---United Rebel Front (conventional)

---Eridanus Rebels (insurgents)

Vehicles:

D77TC Pelican

M12 Warthog

-Flat Bed

-LAAG HMG

-Gauss

-Troop Transport

-Innie APC

ODST SOEIV Human Entry Vehicle

M1087 Stallion (retex HEMTT)

M1015 Mule (retex Zamak)

MAKO Drone (retex Greyhawk UAV)

Weapons:

MA5B Assault Rifle

MA5B GL

BR55HB Battle Rifle

M45 Tactical Shotgun

M41 SSR Rocket Launcher

M6G Magnum

M7 SMG

The M7 will not have a traditional rail and all attachments will be specialized for the gun. The M7 is really small and when a rail was added, it broke the flow of the gun. This is a good thing, though, because it makes the gun unique.

The M7 will not have a traditional rail and all attachments will be specialized for the gun. The M7 is really small and when a rail was added, it broke the flow of the gun. This is a good thing, though, because it makes the gun unique.

Yeah, what Zero said.

Additional sights may be possible but we'll have to see which ones work best other than ours. With the proprietary attachments though, we will have a flashlight and a laser point so there wont be a need to use the vanilla attachments.

I see this is your first post so welcome to the forums Zero!

For anyone who doesn't know, Zero is our other texture artist other than Strils. He did the textures for M6G, MA5B, and Rocket launcher and other models.

Well what we plan to do is have two attachments, laser and flashlight. They will use the same model and placement which will appear on the barrel but the actual attachment proxy will be on the receiver. This way you can pick and choose which version to use. I wish BI allowed for more than one attachment or the ability to switch between modes on the attachment. Just like in one of the mods I've seen.

ever heard of MRT accessory functions? works pretty well. maybe that'll be the solution.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26426

"M1015 Mule (retex Zamak)"

Why rather not retex the Tempest which makes more "futuristic" than Zamak ?

play Halo 2, theres a truck that looks more like a zamak than a Tempest that you may see in game

play Halo 2, theres a truck that looks more like a zamak than a Tempest that you may see in game

Don't forget all those trucks in Halo 3 and Reach

ever heard of MRT accessory functions? works pretty well. maybe that'll be the solution.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26426

Thats the mod I was thinking about. We aren't going to make it a dependency though. The way we have it now will work just fine.

Because the Zamak and Tempest look nearly identical. The Zamak is what the Innies will be using.

Don't forget all those trucks in Halo 3 and Reach

A truck is a truck. Its a not a priority for us to waste time modelling one when we could be working on something more iconic.

A list? Yeah sure. It wasn't really a secret I just don't recall anyone asking.

Factions:

-BLUFOR

--UNSCDF

---UNSC Army (Woodland)

---UNSC Army (Desert)

---UNSC Marines

---UNSC ODST

-OPFOR

--Insurrectionists

---United Rebel Front (conventional)

---Eridanus Rebels (insurgents)

Vehicles:

D77TC Pelican

M12 Warthog

-Flat Bed

-LAAG HMG

-Gauss

-Troop Transport

-Innie APC

ODST SOEIV Human Entry Vehicle

M1087 Stallion (retex HEMTT)

M1015 Mule (retex Zamak)

MAKO Drone (retex Greyhawk UAV)

Weapons:

MA5B Assault Rifle

MA5B GL

BR55HB Battle Rifle

M45 Tactical Shotgun

M41 SSR Rocket Launcher

M6G Magnum

M7 SMG

Looking good.

A sudden gathering of the devs could only be a good thing.

you never know, i bet its just a get together to drop ODST pods on eachothers heads

Since we are at ODST drop pods: could add a warning light that reads "Oh shit! We are going to die!"?

Just a little joke based on this:

PS: "Oh shit! We are going to die!" should be a standard warning light put in any military vehicle :p.