SpaceNavy

The Eridanus Insurrection - An Arma 3 Total Modication

Well technically it doesn't. On the Halo wiki and in the Halo encyclopedia it both says that all versions of the Assault Rifle have only an automatic fire mode. Meanwhile, the Battle Rifle has single, burst AND full auto (ours only has single and burst just fyi). It just doesn't make sense for the MA5 NOT to have a semi-auto fire mode.

So we are going to, rightfully, push aside the lore in this case.

Good decision... full auto only would be stupid.

fair enough, lore can go put it where the sun don't shine XD in all seriousness great work with the mod, this mods development actually convinced me to put ARMA 3 on the list of things to get, right up there with halo 2 anniversary.. haha

Halo MCC is worth it. Been having a blast and the multiplayer is actually working most the time. If only spacenavy finally accepted my game invites to play whenever he gets on. but he ignores me lol.

Few question about the Pelican: will it support fastroping? Will it have the option to use machine gun at the rear?

How are you going to deal with the flight model? I did quite a bit of experimentation with the MV-22 Ospray in Arma 2. I noticed that AI has incredible troubles slowing down fast enough and it often misses the LZ and has to do a huge circle to get vertical and land properly. I think that the main problem is that MV-22 was "too slow to slow down". Im not sure, but Pelican should be treated by the game like a big and fast helicopter rather then plane. Also if possible Pelican should bleed the speed very, very fast when you bring the nose up trying to slow down in order to land.

Few question about the Pelican: will it support fastroping? Will it have the option to use machine gun at the rear?

How are you going to deal with the flight model? I did quite a bit of experimentation with the MV-22 Ospray in Arma 2. I noticed that AI has incredible troubles slowing down fast enough and it often misses the LZ and has to do a huge circle to get vertical and land properly. I think that the main problem is that MV-22 was "too slow to slow down". Im not sure, but Pelican should be treated by the game like a big and fast helicopter rather then plane. Also if possible Pelican should bleed the speed very, very fast when you bring the nose up trying to slow down in order to land.

It is a helicopter, theres a video of it on the moddb site

It's based on a VTOL.I think you'll be pleased. :)

Edited by Stirls

Thats the thing: AI has loads of troubles trying to land a VTOL to unload troops in the field, frequently missing the DZ. Im just saying that, if possible, make the Pelican stop fast for sake of AI controlled insertions.

So then it's changed since the last Pelican discussion? I remember before Navy talked about how the helicopter flight model was more suitable for this vehicle.

So then it's changed since the last Pelican discussion? I remember before Navy talked about how the helicopter flight model was more suitable for this vehicle.

It was, but then it broke. So we are trying a VTOL mode now.

You should've seen the fucker rotate. It span faster than a set of rotor blades when you hit "c" and "x". Hah!

You should've seen the fucker rotate. It span faster than a set of rotor blades when you hit "c" and "x". Hah!

These scenarios need to be documented and presented to the followers of this mod. For, err, scientific purposes.

These scenarios need to be documented and presented to the followers of this mod. For, err, scientific purposes.

Come back tomorrow.

It is tomorrow.

Its doesn't appear to be, spacenavy9 posted at 11:22 Today. You posted Today at 14:39.

You might what think about what you write in future:

§5) No Spam

We deem spam as making a thread or posting a reply that has no real worth, is irrelevant, useless and offers nothing to a discussion. Posting "any news" or "is it out yet" type posts are also spam. Messages of banned members are also considered as spam. If your post/thread is not able to illicit or sustain an in depth conversation then it's spam. This also applies to other areas of the forums such as leaving visitor messages on people's profiles. Spam may be dealt with by post count reduction, Post Restriction and/or formal warning.

Correction: Check back now.

"Not aviable"

something went wrong I guess?

"Not aviable"

something went wrong I guess?

No, its up. What is the issue? Not available in your country?

If you are still having issues, try the Moddb mirror: http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-eridanus-insurrection/videos/incredibly-serious-pelican-demo

Edited by spacenavy90

Correction: Check back now.

Wow you guys weren't kidding, that's hilarious. How is the VTOL flight model version of it by comparison? Hopefully less dizzy.

Wow you guys weren't kidding, that's hilarious. How is the VTOL flight model version of it by comparison? Hopefully less dizzy.

We're still waiting to hear back from the person who offered to fix it up for us. According to him though, it handles like a faster and more nimble V-22 Osprey.

hmm I guess the thrusters of the pelican wont turn synchronous to the steering? I dont think that this would be easy on the arma engine

Edited by Forky

hmm I guess the thrusters of the pelican wont turn synchronous to the steering? I dont think that this would be easy on the arma engine

Well, I think that problem is because we were using a helicopter in the video. If we change to a VTOL plane, we should able to sync the ailerons to the thrusters to have them turn in correlation to the steering.

Well, I think that problem is because we were using a helicopter in the video. If we change to a VTOL plane, we should able to sync the ailerons to the thrusters to have them turn in correlation to the steering.

would be damn awesome