SpaceNavy

The Eridanus Insurrection - An Arma 3 Total Modication

just a question about the ODST and marine outfits...... is the chest guard a vest item or is it just 1 giant body piece with the arm and leg guards ?

Edited by spartan-256-X-ray
spelling

Do the weapons and vehicles have the sounds from Halo or are they just Arma's default sounds?

right now the chest armor is a vest and the leg and arm armor is attached to the coverall uniform. may change in future but for now this was the best way to go about it

right now the chest armor is a vest and the leg and arm armor is attached to the coverall uniform. may change in future but for now this was the best way to go about it

ah nice nice.... so techincally i can make my own innie with clothing from other mods i think are fitting for innies with a halo marine chetsplate to make em look halo like thanks for the reply

So this is .... camo colored weapons on halo 4.6

Wall of text alert :P

Under-barreled launchers and painted weapons are somethings we have discussed quite frequently. GLs are something that were going to happen eventually, it was just a matter of time. However, they will not be available for every weapon. It is likely that only the MA5 will get one, but I think that would be adequate for yours and other peoples' uses. I am interested in your desire for different camo weapons though. Most people on the dev team are for them, however I am one of the few who are against their inclusion. I am because it seems like it would be more work and clutter for something that not many people would even want to use. The dev team is somewhat of a democracy, so they will likely be included at a later time. But if you are able to convince as to why they should be included, they are likely to come faster. :)

"Custom" weapons and custom sights are something that will very likely not happen though. Weapons for the same reasons stated above. If we do design an Innie-only weapon, then we will have a model that fits its condition (beaten up and abused by its rebel owner) however we have none planned so far. As for the sights, this is unlikely because Arma 3 has many sights already that can be used in place of our own and the mod will be adding sights already from different weapons that can be used interchangably (ie putting the Battle Rifle scope on the Assault Rifle, the ODST SMG red dot on the DMR, etc).

just a question about the ODST and marine outfits...... is the chest guard a vest item or is it just 1 giant body piece with the arm and leg guards ?
ah nice nice.... so techincally i can make my own innie with clothing from other mods i think are fitting for innies with a halo marine chetsplate to make em look halo like thanks for the reply

The chest plate are a separate uniform item compared to the base uniform item which contains the under bodysuit along with the arm and leg armor pieces. Same applies for Marine/Army.

Do the weapons and vehicles have the sounds from Halo or are they just Arma's default sounds?

Taking sounds directly from the Halo games would probably not be okay. For now we are using default Arma sounds, but that might change in the future.

Wall of text alert :P

Under-barreled launchers and painted weapons are somethings we have discussed quite frequently. GLs are something that were going to happen eventually, it was just a matter of time. However, they will not be available for every weapon. It is likely that only the MA5 will get one, but I think that would be adequate for yours and other peoples' uses. I am interested in your desire for different camo weapons though. Most people on the dev team are for them, however I am one of the few who are against their inclusion. I am because it seems like it would be more work and clutter for something that not many people would even want to use. The dev team is somewhat of a democracy, so they will likely be included at a later time. But if you are able to convince as to why they should be included, they are likely to come faster. :)

"Custom" weapons and custom sights are something that will very likely not happen though. Weapons for the same reasons stated above. If we do design an Innie-only weapon, then we will have a model that fits its condition (beaten up and abused by its rebel owner) however we have none planned so far. As for the sights, this is unlikely because Arma 3 has many sights already that can be used in place of our own and the mod will be adding sights already from different weapons that can be used interchangably (ie putting the Battle Rifle scope on the Assault Rifle, the ODST SMG red dot on the DMR, etc).

That Great to hear, we also came to the Conclusion that the MA5 series and the BR55 series both look like the grips could be removed and replaced with underbarrel attachments like 40mm launchers or pistol grips. (don't need the pistol grips, we just using it as an example)

For the camo, that is common sense in survival, the moment we were allow to paint our weapons in theater, We got shot at less for you didn't have this long black carbine giving away our position on a brown/ grayish rocky hillside. (but alas, the choice is yours.)

Custom weapons, because it is beat up or has some wear on it, as long as they took the time to keep the insides clear, it can still shoot just as well as a new one out the factory. We were thinking of more of a just a different skin you can slap on, Kinda like how the weapons of Operation Flashpoint: Red River looked. They all looked worn and seemed like they all say a bit of service with 550 cord and Marker writing on it, or camo tape wrapped around them, but they all preformed the same.

Scopes, That is great to hear, we were worried that we were either going to get stuck with the default scopes or Iron sights with no chance to change it up much. we were also worried we couldn't use the arma scopes with them. But now your saying scopes are interchangeable and we could use the eotech and RCO scopes as well with them. Our fears are laid to rest.

Other then that, keep up the great work and we look forward to your guys future success, with the mod and any endeavors you have out there in the real world.

For the Camo weapons: I can´t say I´m totaly against it, but if you want to do it later on please just make 1 max. 2 camo variants. Otherwise the game gets cluttered with the same rifle just with a different look. Arma vanilla did it quiet well in my opinion. The sniper rifles (The kind of Weapon where it really matters) is available in Standard Black and with 1 camo pattern.

That Great to hear, we also came to the Conclusion that the MA5 series and the BR55 series both look like the grips could be removed and replaced with underbarrel attachments like 40mm launchers or pistol grips. (don't need the pistol grips, we just using it as an example)

For the camo, that is common sense in survival, the moment we were allow to paint our weapons in theater, We got shot at less for you didn't have this long black carbine giving away our position on a brown/ grayish rocky hillside. (but alas, the choice is yours.)

Custom weapons, because it is beat up or has some wear on it, as long as they took the time to keep the insides clear, it can still shoot just as well as a new one out the factory. We were thinking of more of a just a different skin you can slap on, Kinda like how the weapons of Operation Flashpoint: Red River looked. They all looked worn and seemed like they all say a bit of service with 550 cord and Marker writing on it, or camo tape wrapped around them, but they all preformed the same.

Scopes, That is great to hear, we were worried that we were either going to get stuck with the default scopes or Iron sights with no chance to change it up much. we were also worried we couldn't use the arma scopes with them. But now your saying scopes are interchangeable and we could use the eotech and RCO scopes as well with them. Our fears are laid to rest.

Other then that, keep up the great work and we look forward to your guys future success, with the mod and any endeavors you have out there in the real world.

For the Camo weapons: I can´t say I´m totaly against it, but if you want to do it later on please just make 1 max. 2 camo variants. Otherwise the game gets cluttered with the same rifle just with a different look. Arma vanilla did it quiet well in my opinion. The sniper rifles (The kind of Weapon where it really matters) is available in Standard Black and with 1 camo pattern.

To be fair, this isn't real life so not all the same variables apply here. If we decide to do any, which is unknown now after discussing it earlier, we would likely only do green and tan solid color re-textures. Different colored weapons still serve no purpose in my eyes except for cosmetic difference.

Taking sounds directly from the Halo games would probably not be okay. For now we are using default Arma sounds, but that might change in the future.

Have you guys considered using JSRS Studio sounds library? While the default sounds are adequate, I often find them lacking. That said, keep up the good work! I look forward to your first release.

Checking back here and seeing really nice progress on the mod, all the stuff that gets posted looks great. Looks like a lot of stuff is (nearly) done. Why are the videos on the first post removed except the New Mombassa one, any problem in particular with the videos? A while earlier you guys said you were aiming for a public alpha before the end of this year, will this be moved up to next year as nothing is announced yet?

i was just wondering if you guys are planning to add it the longsword fighter/bombers on a later release? like use it as the A-10 like things are used in vanilla : gun, rocket pod, lock on missles (( i forgot their actual name......)) and GBU bombs? i mean that'd be epic for a scenario calling in/flying a longsword to provide CAS against the insurectionists...... just throwing it out there....

i was just wondering if you guys are planning to add it the longsword fighter/bombers on a later release? like use it as the A-10 like things are used in vanilla : gun, rocket pod, lock on missles (( i forgot their actual name......)) and GBU bombs? i mean that'd be epic for a scenario calling in/flying a longsword to provide CAS against the insurectionists...... just throwing it out there....
The longsword is on the planned assets list on the first page ;) "GA-TL1 "Longsword" Bomber/CAS/Interceptor"

Will there be special armors with custom decals? Like on ODST, how they all had different colour stripes and one had the teeth on his helmet?

Will there be special armors with custom decals? Like on ODST, how they all had different colour stripes and one had the teeth on his helmet?

Yes, but not many. Only ones for the campaign characters we have planned. We are not taking requests either.

Perhaps to speak to LordJarhead regarding sounds, im sure he might be able to create some sounds for you.

@Scorch_052 - great screenshots.

weapons are looking good, especially the m6

are the odsts and marines still WIP?

---------- Post added at 15:08 ---------- Previous post was at 14:03 ----------

You guys would do me a giant favor if you going to release a weapons pack when those are done

weapons are looking good, especially the m6

are the odsts and marines still WIP?

---------- Post added at 15:08 ---------- Previous post was at 14:03 ----------

You guys would do me a giant favor if you going to release a weapons pack when those are done

I don't think you can get em that easy.

This mod is the mod I am most excited about for Arma 3. All of the screenshots that have been released have looked amazing, and the progress being made on this is fantastic. I can't wait until the initial release. Just being able to play as UNSC units alone will be worth it, everything else to me is just added goodness. Everything looks amazing so far. Keep up the good work!

Yes, but not many. Only ones for the campaign characters we have planned. We are not taking requests either.

I imagine adding in your own helmets for personal use shouldn't be hard, and people could download them on the workshop or something.

Re-watched this and the hype is even more real. That sound of the ODST drop pod gives me chills.

Edited by Trooper226

I imagine adding in your own helmets for personal use shouldn't be hard, and people could download them on the workshop or something.

Re-watched this and the hype is even more real. That sound of the ODST drop pod gives me chills.

Making their own helmets would require some work on our end, but it might be worth it. We'll look into it.

As for that video, hands down favorite live action trailer ever. I get chills when the rookie at the end puts his helmet on to go even though he is visibly terrified of what is out there.