SpaceNavy

The Eridanus Insurrection - An Arma 3 Total Modication

Are you changing the arma 3 ai behavior at all? For example, the way that a group of units regroups after they perform an orbital drop. Are you going to change it so we don't hear "Where are you!?" the entire mission after dropping?

No, AI behavior will remain the same. Its on you to make sure you call them in close to you.

That said, the AI is alot better about not spamming radio since A2.

No, AI behavior will remain the same. Its on you to make sure you call them in close to you.

That said, the AI is alot better about not spamming radio since A2.

Ok thanks. Will it be compatible with mods like AGM?

Ok thanks. Will it be compatible with mods like AGM?

Check the first post.

Yes. The ammo counter is going to be an optics attachment for the MA5 and zooming in will show a scope reticule for long range engagements.

Then the sights on top may be used for close quarters.

So two different ammo counter optics attachments, one with irons sights and one without them (original), correct?

So two different ammo counter optics attachments, one with irons sights and one without them (original), correct?

Exactly. The one without, will sight have secondary "iron sights" but it is simply just looking down the smooth top. Not very efficient as the actual iron sights on the other model, but it is better than nothing.

Also, small update. We will have some more information and media about the Pelican, Battle Rifle, Assault Rifle and Rocket Launcher shortly.

Exactly. The one without, will sight have secondary "iron sights" but it is simply just looking down the smooth top. Not very efficient as the actual iron sights on the other model, but it is better than nothing.

Also, small update. We will have some more information and media about the Pelican, Battle Rifle, Assault Rifle and Rocket Launcher shortly.

cannot wait for it

Speaking of, the battle rifle is coming along nicely. Going to work on textures.

e2cb998b4e.jpg

fc7270d138.jpg

Are you going to make the reach variant of the battle rifle?

Like FrostyWheats said, you mean the M392 DMR. And the answer is yes, we will be including it.

can they actually display ammo count? if so can the AR point north on the display?

We do know how to do the ammo counting, and we know someone who is experienced in the concept behind it. So short answer, yes we will have it. But not with our first release... considering its so soon.

As for the weapon compass... There is a possibility the compass could work but I am unsure. I think it would be really interesting to have it.

Is anyone aware if PiP works on weapons or not?

Like FrostyWheats said, you mean the M392 DMR. And the answer is yes, we will be including it.

Ah yes. Silly me

Different Battle Rifle sights:

8005be0289.jpg

966e03019b.jpg

da0743fbc8.jpg

I do wish ArmA had this technique of DoF. Unfortunately their system is pretty bare.

sheeeeeeiiiiiit gibe me dat

howwww long must we waittttt!!!!????!?!!?!??!!??!!?

howwww long must we waittttt!!!!????!?!!?!??!!??!!?

Hey now, let them take their time. I'd hate a poorly made, rushed project

Will the scope on the Battle Rifle act like an RCO or ARCO (aka Elcan SpecterDR :D)?

With the Iron sights and the Magnifying sights?

Will the scope on the Battle Rifle act like an RCO or ARCO (aka Elcan SpecterDR :D)?

With the Iron sights and the Magnifying sights?

AFAIK you'll get a 2D scope as opposed to a 3D scope. I could be wrong, but there's no interior to the scope, so it would be rather strange!

You'll be able to use the scope and backup sights though, for sure.

So this is just something that a few combat veterans in my clan mixed with some halo enthusiast like myself, (which I fall under both categories) discussed about when we talked about your mod for we are all excited about it. We don't expect any of this to be in the Alpha of the game, but we would like it to be thought about in development as the mod progresses into the future. The first thing that was brought up was under barrel attachments of several weapons in the series. For example the MA series Assault Rifles and the BR series Battle rifles. If you look closely at those weapons, you can tell that they could be removed and possible have a rail system underneath, and if need be, attach a under barrel grenade launcher system with them. We understand that in the halo games themselves or in several of the books didn't have them. For the game, we all agree that was because of balance. Halo would totally be broken if his assault rifle had the ability to launch grenades. And for the books, we all can agree the authors had no real combat experience, so they didn't think outside the box to much, trying to stick to close the source material as possible.

But my buddies and I came up that it is possible the oversized flashlight that is so weak, it can't light up a whole hallway, unlike a real searchlight like the ones under the MA series should be able to do, can be detached and allow for other attachments. How we came up with this is the it is 500 years in the future, but if you ever read contact harvest. they are still fighting insurgents exactly the same way we do today, just with far superior technology. For example the raid on a bomb maker facility reminded one of my buddies of a raid he conducted in Afghanistan that he participated in. So going off that mindset, weapon makers then would make firearms in the future as versatile as they are now. allowing for grips, underbarrel weapon attachments, etc. It is just an idea, if you guys don't like it. that is okay. We are fine with reach grenade launcher that is akin to the 40mm launcher of Vietnam.

Next up that came up when we say the amazing picture you posted on the mod page that you had of the MA5B where you removed the smart scope and ammo counter and added rail and iron sights to them. (Which we all thought was amazingly smart and were wondering how you were going to do that) is the types of scopes you will have. Seeing how the UNSC went off the motto of "If it works, don't fix it" (Off the UNSC weapon descriptions on the original HALO:CE instruction booklet) We assume that just as today how there are several dozen different types of scopes and sights, that in 500 years in the future with over a 1000 planets with several hundred different arms manufacturing companies, from small hunter customs to major ones like Misriah Armory, there would be tens of thousands of different sights out there. Now we are not saying that it would be smart to go crazy and make hundreds of sights, but besides having must have sights that are close to Eotech, red dot, and acog, along with the ones from the halo games. We would love to see custom ones made from your design team with cool names (for example: Mark's Special 473 or etc), Just stuff cause it is the future and why not and you guys can pick out the best ones and throw them in just to add a special personal touch to you child of love you guys have here, but only if you guys have time and want to fool around with that.

Last up is the unique looks for special weapons, because there are hundreds of different arms manufactures, there would be different looking models of the same weapon appearing in insurgent hands like how there are several different styles of the AK-47 and AR-15 today, for every manufacture would add their own personal touch to the weapons cause of material available, or how custom or mass produced it was made. Except for arms stolen from the UNSC, we all know this is how the Insurgents in halo got their arms just like how the insurgents today receive theirs. (Hell I remember when I was in Mosul, Iraq and we we tasked with confiscating every weapon from the citizens in our AO for one of our guys got sniped, we took hundreds of AKs from the Iraqis and no 2 AK-47s looked the same. Hell one was held together by duck tape.) But this is extra, and we really don't care if you guys add touches like that. That is for if the design team has time and would like to see what a custom built MA5 would look like or what not. It is super low in our suggestion list, it is thrown out there just cause.

But a must have and we think you guys already have it planned is Camo on the weapons. The army allowed us to spraypaint our weapons as long as we do not damage the functionality of them, and I can bet that the UNSC would allow that of it's soldiers, sense you can get camo colored weapons on halo 4.

Now we throw all this on the table as ideas, you may have thought of it all already, and if you have and decided not to try any of this, that is your design choice and we have no complaints. Some of the Ideas we took seriously like under barrel attachments, must have model scopes, and camo for weapons. Others we did for fun like custom built Insurgent weapons and special developer designed scopes. I was just asked to lay this all onto the table, what you do with them is up to you. If you decided to read what I put down, I thank you for taking your time. And I'll assure you that my clan will pick your mod apart as we begin testing it and running some ops off of it. I assure you, we are all excited.

So this is just something that a few combat veterans in my clan mixed with some halo enthusiast like myself, (which I fall under both categories) discussed about when we talked about your mod for we are all excited about it. We don't expect any of this to be in the Alpha of the game, but we would like it to be thought about in development as the mod progresses into the future. The first thing that was brought up was under barrel attachments of several weapons in the series. For example the MA series Assault Rifles and the BR series Battle rifles. If you look closely at those weapons, you can tell that they could be removed and possible have a rail system underneath, and if need be, attach a under barrel grenade launcher system with them. We understand that in the halo games themselves or in several of the books didn't have them. For the game, we all agree that was because of balance. Halo would totally be broken if his assault rifle had the ability to launch grenades. And for the books, we all can agree the authors had no real combat experience, so they didn't think outside the box to much, trying to stick to close the source material as possible.

But my buddies and I came up that it is possible the oversized flashlight that is so weak, it can't light up a whole hallway, unlike a real searchlight like the ones under the MA series should be able to do, can be detached and allow for other attachments. How we came up with this is the it is 500 years in the future, but if you ever read contact harvest. they are still fighting insurgents exactly the same way we do today, just with far superior technology. For example the raid on a bomb maker facility reminded one of my buddies of a raid he conducted in Afghanistan that he participated in. So going off that mindset, weapon makers then would make firearms in the future as versatile as they are now. allowing for grips, underbarrel weapon attachments, etc. It is just an idea, if you guys don't like it. that is okay. We are fine with reach grenade launcher that is akin to the 40mm launcher of Vietnam.

Next up that came up when we say the amazing picture you posted on the mod page that you had of the MA5B where you removed the smart scope and ammo counter and added rail and iron sights to them. (Which we all thought was amazingly smart and were wondering how you were going to do that) is the types of scopes you will have. Seeing how the UNSC went off the motto of "If it works, don't fix it" (Off the UNSC weapon descriptions on the original HALO:CE instruction booklet) We assume that just as today how there are several dozen different types of scopes and sights, that in 500 years in the future with over a 1000 planets with several hundred different arms manufacturing companies, from small hunter customs to major ones like Misriah Armory, there would be tens of thousands of different sights out there. Now we are not saying that it would be smart to go crazy and make hundreds of sights, but besides having must have sights that are close to Eotech, red dot, and acog, along with the ones from the halo games. We would love to see custom ones made from your design team with cool names (for example: Mark's Special 473 or etc), Just stuff cause it is the future and why not and you guys can pick out the best ones and throw them in just to add a special personal touch to you child of love you guys have here, but only if you guys have time and want to fool around with that.

Last up is the unique looks for special weapons, because there are hundreds of different arms manufactures, there would be different looking models of the same weapon appearing in insurgent hands like how there are several different styles of the AK-47 and AR-15 today, for every manufacture would add their own personal touch to the weapons cause of material available, or how custom or mass produced it was made. Except for arms stolen from the UNSC, we all know this is how the Insurgents in halo got their arms just like how the insurgents today receive theirs. (Hell I remember when I was in Mosul, Iraq and we we tasked with confiscating every weapon from the citizens in our AO for one of our guys got sniped, we took hundreds of AKs from the Iraqis and no 2 AK-47s looked the same. Hell one was held together by duck tape.) But this is extra, and we really don't care if you guys add touches like that. That is for if the design team has time and would like to see what a custom built MA5 would look like or what not. It is super low in our suggestion list, it is thrown out there just cause.

But a must have and we think you guys already have it planned is Camo on the weapons. The army allowed us to spraypaint our weapons as long as we do not damage the functionality of them, and I can bet that the UNSC would allow that of it's soldiers, sense you can get camo colored weapons on halo 4.

Now we throw all this on the table as ideas, you may have thought of it all already, and if you have and decided not to try any of this, that is your design choice and we have no complaints. Some of the Ideas we took seriously like under barrel attachments, must have model scopes, and camo for weapons. Others we did for fun like custom built Insurgent weapons and special developer designed scopes. I was just asked to lay this all onto the table, what you do with them is up to you. If you decided to read what I put down, I thank you for taking your time. And I'll assure you that my clan will pick your mod apart as we begin testing it and running some ops off of it. I assure you, we are all excited.

hey man, i cant confirm anything or what not but i like the ideas. like you said, most likely stuff like this wont happen in alpha but for later down the road would be nice. most of this has been floating around as verbal ideas throughout the dev team or has been on our mind. personally i would like to see the innies weapons a bit busted/ more scratched and what not and camo variants sounds like a must at some point. again not confirming anything, just good ideas ;)