SpaceNavy

The Eridanus Insurrection - An Arma 3 Total Modication

Oh Bradster, marry me. Also, we have many different variants for the marines.

Sorry if this question was answered yet, but when does this gets its first alpha release?

and these both screenshots of the m6 magnum.. is this only concept art or are they going to look like this ingame?

the Halo 2 anniversary soundtrack is awesome tho, isnt it?

I'm sure this has been asked before, but for mission makers ease, will this (i) be compatible with ALiVE? (ii) Have assets that incorporate the Commander's Tablet so we could have helmet cams like we saw in Halo I's cutscene that revealed the flood (Link: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?166488-cTab-Commander-s-Tablet-FBCB2-Bluforce-Tracker-UAV-and-Helmetcam-Interface )

I'm looking forward to sinking my teeth into making some good MP scenario's with this mod :). Keep up the good work!

I'm sure this has been asked before, but for mission makers ease, will this (i) be compatible with ALiVE? (ii) Have assets that incorporate the Commander's Tablet so we could have helmet cams like we saw in Halo I's cutscene that revealed the flood (Link: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?166488-cTab-Commander-s-Tablet-FBCB2-Bluforce-Tracker-UAV-and-Helmetcam-Interface )

I'm looking forward to sinking my teeth into making some good MP scenario's with this mod :). Keep up the good work!

AGM has got the Helmet Cam feature too. You guys could possibly try to get in contact with them: https://github.com/KoffeinFlummi/AGM

Hope this helps.

P.S.: The Buildings look great. Is there a special plan for a new map? (I got the size in mind since it needs to be pretty big, otherwise the Pelican and espacially the Frigate would be an overkill)

Sorry if this question was answered yet, but when does this gets its first alpha release?

and these both screenshots of the m6 magnum.. is this only concept art or are they going to look like this ingame?

the Halo 2 anniversary soundtrack is awesome tho, isnt it?

We have screenshots of the magnum in game. And yeah the soundtrack is pretty good.

On the first post, we have a list of mods we are hoping to make compatible with ours. ALiVE is one of them but not commanders tablet. As someone said, AGM has helmet cameras also. AGM is another mod we plan to include.

AGM has got the Helmet Cam feature too. You guys could possibly try to get in contact with them: https://github.com/KoffeinFlummi/AGM

Hope this helps.

P.S.: The Buildings look great. Is there a special plan for a new map? (I got the size in mind since it needs to be pretty big, otherwise the Pelican and espacially the Frigate would be an overkill)

On the first post, you can see that we have plans for two maps. One is a mostly empty (20x20km) area and another is a densely building populated city which is about 5x5km.

We have screenshots of the magnum in game. And yeah the soundtrack is pretty good.

Can you describe me the quality of the models and textures on 1-10?

1 means massis m4 pack

10 means robert hammers m4/pistol pack

5 means mods from hotshotmike

and If you have a large picture of it can you link it on me? didnt really found what I searched for

edit:

dont get me wrong, you guys always have my full support, and there are mods with more quantity as quality and same contrariwise, im just asking myself whats in your interests.

EDIT2: I dont ment anything bad when I wrote that rating scale it was just a comparison about textures and models. When I gave 1 for massis I didnt wanted to say that massis weapons suck, he just imported the a2 weapons. And they just dont look that good at all. Hotshotmike does great mods too! he might doesnt have enough time to finish some things, I understand that and I support him.

If anyone else is going to tell me that I still sound disrespectful I gonna quit this forum again.

Edited by Forky
why do people get things so wrong sometimes?

Can you describe me the quality of the models and textures on 1-10?

1 means massis m4 pack

10 means robert hammers m4/pistol pack

5 means mods from hotshotmike

and If you have a large picture of it can you link it on me? didnt really found what I searched for

edit:

dont get me wrong, you guys always have my full support, and there are mods with more quantity as quality and same contrariwise, im just asking myself whats in your interests.

I see that you are German, so perhaps English isn't you first language, but you have to understand how disrespectful that question sounds. Not to just our modellers and textures but also to the examples you posted for a rating scale.

Our RVmats are a work in progress, but our models and textures are solid. I'm not going to rate it like that because it is an opinion you should form on your own.

Oh I see, sorry for that, I didnt ment that this way

as you can see Im a newbie around here well okay screw my question

Edit:

I ment it like people like massis weapons because of its quanitity, not because they have to look great, theyre just a2 imports. and im totally okay with that. I was asking about the Textures, Polygons n stuff

so may I just used the word quality a bit wrong

dangit still having problems to articulate myself in this language

Edited by Forky

Oh I see, sorry for that, I didnt ment that this way

as you can see Im a newbie around here well okay screw my question

Edit:

I ment it like people like massis weapons because of its quanitity, not because they have to look great, theyre just a2 imports. and im totally okay with that. I was asking about the Textures, Polygons n stuff

so may I just used the word quality a bit wrong

A few pages ago he discussed that many of the in-game screenshots show low res textures because the user was on lower settings. The textures are going to be much better in-game, especially with their highly talented modelling and textures departments.

Glad to see this thread didn't go belly up once the MCC hit. Although I will say, that's one hell of a package. I can blast through Metropolis all day and never get tired of it. Speaking of, can't wait to see the tanks in-game. I just wish ArmA supported a driver/gunner combo seat. That's not possible to script is it?

As modellers and texture artists, we've put quite a bit of work into creating very minute details for each and every new asset. Not only this, but we aim to optimize so that you can have many, many objects in one area without big amounts of lag. Most of my textures are 2048x maps, the vehicles and attachments being our biggest at 4096. Fingers crossed this filesize doesn't impact performance too much. The vehicles have also been optimized to a nice 7-10k tris for vehicles and characters.

If the public opinion that the textures are sub-par once the mod is released, we'll take that into consideration. And don't worry about language barriers.

None of our assets are imported, either. They're all made by the kind lads helping push this mod to release :)

Edited by Stirls

Hey there guys! First off, I want to say that this is by far one of the mods I have been waiting for since Arma 2's release. You guys are incredible, and the progress I'm seeing is absolutely wonderful!

Second, I wanted you guys to know that some friends and I have started a milism group based off of the 9th Marine Expeditionary Force, and your mod was not only the inspiration, but the reason we started!

Third, I had a few questions: do you have any official idea (or maybe a hint or two) of what we can expect with the first alpha release? Also, I was wondering if the drop pods for the ODSTs are going to be AI compatible. As in would AI be able to use them or would it have to be scripted for them to drop in? Also, are the ODSTs going to have their own personal variant of the SMG or are there simply going to be supressor attachments available for their weapons?

Fourth, a couple suggestions (If you guys are taking them): I think it would be interesting to see a few civilian warthogs that have been repurposed by the insurrectionists. Also, if it is at all possible, add some sort of visor overlay for the marines and a full face overlay for the ODST helmet? A hud with important details like direction/radio communications/built in thermal or night vision would be interesting to see.

Thanks for reading through my long post! You guys are awesome! Can't wait for Alpha, and if you ever need someone to test something (Like those badass looking warthogs), I would absolutely not hold it against you if you picked my milism group and I :)

~CPT D.Schmidt

UNSC 9th Expeditionary Force, 21st Marine Divison, First Battalion

"They're the best of the best, but they're only human."

see? thats all I wanted c: thanks stirls Im looking very forward to it!

I guess when it gets released, I might forget how the sun looks

I guess when it gets released, I might forget how the sun looks

I think that we can all agree that we are ready to throw our lives away for a few weeks

Edited by FrostyWheats

I think that we can all agree that we are ready to throw our lives away for a few weeks

and the pants will no longer be worn during this time... xD

It's all good, Forky! As modellers and texture artists, we've put quite a bit of work into creating very minute details for each and every new asset. Not only this, but we aim to optimize so that you can have many, many objects in one area without big amounts of lag. Most of my textures are 2048x maps, the vehicles and attachments being our biggest at 4096. Fingers crossed this filesize doesn't impact performance too much. The vehicles have also been optimized to a nice 7-10k tris for vehicles and characters.

If the public opinion that the textures are sub-par once the mod is released, we'll take that into consideration. And don't worry about language barriers.

I'm

None of our assets are imported, either. They're all made by the kind lads helping push this mod to release :)

Let's just hope that release is soon I'm dying here. Been waiting for something like this for a long time.

I have started a milism group based off of the 9th Marine Expeditionary Force, and your mod was not only the inspiration, but the reason we started!

That's really cool news to hear. Can't wait to see what you guys do with the mod :)

Imagine playing as an ODST in New Mombasa, when the city has been invaded earlier on. Imagine you as a Rookie ( Yes, I know. ) stumble trough the tight streets...

A light rain is falling across the dark city, lit only by fires that continue to rage and the odd electronic sign that remains lit. Smoking husks of cars litter the streets. The city is quiet. And you, as ODST, walk a lonely way trough the dark city of New Mombasa - which was sieged by Insurrectionists 7 hours earlier. Innie's are patrolling the streets covered with wrecks, human bodies and dust. As you meet up with the other troopers, you can sense their despair. You continue, you and your team. You walk trough the narrow alleyways of the huge city, hoping for an extraction, which might never come. you'll find that the sense of loneliness and tension the lonely night offers is largely lost now you have people watching your six. With little to no help, you'll have to survive the night. The question is... will you?

A light rain is falling across the dark city, lit only by fires that continue to rage and the odd electronic sign that remains lit. Smoking husks of cars litter the streets. The city is quiet. And you, as ODST, walk a lonely way trough the dark city of New Mombasa - which was sieged by Insurrectionists 7 hours earlier. Innie's are patrolling the streets covered with wrecks, human bodies and dust. As you meet up with the other troopers, you can sense their despair. You continue, you and your team. You walk trough the narrow alleyways of the huge city, hoping for an extraction, which might never come. you'll find that the sense of loneliness and tension the lonely night offers is largely lost now you have people watching your six. With little to no help, you'll have to survive the night. The question is... will you?

Cool idea.

You reminded me about the NMPD's corruption and it would be interesting to see a mission highlighting the NMPD's corruption (If New Mombasa is added).

Are you guys going to take any inspiration from the armor seen in Halo: Nightfall? Either the current ODST armor or the old stuff the militia is wearing?

Are you guys going to take any inspiration from the armor seen in Halo: Nightfall? Either the current ODST armor or the old stuff the militia is wearing?

I don't think that to be a very good idea, since the odst armor showed in halo nightfall is a newer model and this mod takes place before the fall of reach.

And the militia armor is basically US Army fatigues with some plates on it. I don't know if it'd be useful.

*Everything above is my opinion and not representative for the developers of this mod*

I don't think that to be a very good idea, since the odst armor showed in halo nightfall is a newer model and this mod takes place before the fall of reach.

And the militia armor is basically US Army fatigues with some plates on it. I don't know if it'd be useful.

*Everything above is my opinion and not representative for the developers of this mod*

They're using the same type of ODST armor in the mod if you look at the screenshots, except the ones used in the show have different colors. They aren't wearing GEN2 ODST BDUs in Nightfall, those are worn by SPARTAN IVs. Not to mention, the ODST BDU we see in the games dates back to the days of Reach and even before that, like in Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn. It's not fully understood whether these were continuity errors with Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn, but the ODST BDU in this mod is the one used in Reach, 3, and 3 ODST as well as Forward Unto Dawn.

They're not wearing US Army fatigues, I'm not sure what you're looking at. They're camouflage fatigues with armor plates, yes, but I'm not sure how that makes them any less of a suit of armor than the UNSC Marine or Army BDUs. They're outdated and likely something the Innies would use since that's normally what they do (use outdated UNSC tech).

Although I'd probably say that only the helmet would be a necessary addition if it was considered, since the BDU they're wearing strongly resembles the UNSC Army BDU, although the two are different.

They're using the same type of ODST armor in the mod if you look at the screenshots, except the ones used in the show have different colors. They aren't wearing GEN2 ODST BDUs in Nightfall, those are worn by SPARTAN IVs. Not to mention, the ODST BDU we see in the games dates back to the days of Reach and even before that, like in Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn. It's not fully understood whether these were continuity errors with Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn, but the ODST BDU in this mod is the one used in Reach, 3, and 3 ODST as well as Forward Unto Dawn.

They're not wearing US Army fatigues, I'm not sure what you're looking at. They're camouflage fatigues with armor plates, yes, but I'm not sure how that makes them any less of a suit of armor than the UNSC Marine or Army BDUs. They're outdated and likely something the Innies would use since that's normally what they do (use outdated UNSC tech).

Although I'd probably say that only the helmet would be a necessary addition if it was considered, since the BDU they're wearing strongly resembles the UNSC Army BDU, although the two are different.

Forward Unto Dawn is set before the fall of Reach, around 2526, I believe.