SpaceNavy

The Eridanus Insurrection - An Arma 3 Total Modication

The Airborne are just paratroopers under the branch of the UNSC Army, and parachutes already exist in ArmA 3. It wouldn't be too difficult to implement I would imagine, and would give players an alternative to loud ODST entries.

I noticed you said possible SPARTANs later on. What have you considered for their implementation?

The entire team is still debating the whole idea of SPARTANs, so I won't speak absolutely, but if those big mothers are to be implemented it will only be their armour. The actual augmented humans is quite ambitious and really just adds to the whole complicated scope of the mod.

The entire team is still debating the whole idea of SPARTANs, so I won't speak absolutely, but if those big mothers are to be implemented it will only be their armour. The actual augmented humans is quite ambitious and really just adds to the whole complicated scope of the mod.

Please don't! For one, I personally like the 'still human' feel of the time period you are looking to represent, rather than being a complete super soldier. Additionally, if you wanted to do it right, you'd have to make new mocap'd animations and increase the running speed to be up to or in excess of 55 km/hr. HALO did a good thing, but being a 'single soldier' in the civil wars would be amazing.

I'd say play the original Halo games if you want SPARTANs with all their special abilities etc. Imo the lack of SPARTANS makes this mod so great...

The Airborne are just paratroopers under the branch of the UNSC Army, and parachutes already exist in ArmA 3. It wouldn't be too difficult to implement I would imagine, and would give players an alternative to loud ODST entries.

I noticed you said possible SPARTANs later on. What have you considered for their implementation?

Well, thats why. If we are going to implement something it should be at least moderately hard. Paratroopers will have their own unit in the UNSC Army class, but they do not get a class of their own like the ODSTS, Army, Marines. There isn't enough there to warrant it.

With the SPARTANs, it would be purely cosmetics.

Please don't! For one, I personally like the 'still human' feel of the time period you are looking to represent, rather than being a complete super soldier. Additionally, if you wanted to do it right, you'd have to make new mocap'd animations and increase the running speed to be up to or in excess of 55 km/hr. HALO did a good thing, but being a 'single soldier' in the civil wars would be amazing.

Lol there is no way we are changing anything for any unit. All units will have similar stats for gameplay purposes. But even then, I don't see why they would even deserve new mocap'd animations.

I'd say play the original Halo games if you want SPARTANs with all their special abilities etc. Imo the lack of SPARTANS makes this mod so great...

I agree with you, that is the ultimate reason we are debating including them or not.

I take it at the current speed of progress with you guys we can see an early alpha release soon?

I take it at the current speed of progress with you guys we can see an early alpha release soon?

theyve already said that theyll try to release an open alpha near the end of the year. maybe a beta in 2015.

I'm not wrong, right? :j:

Well, thats why. If we are going to implement something it should be at least moderately hard. Paratroopers will have their own unit in the UNSC Army class, but they do not get a class of their own like the ODSTS, Army, Marines. There isn't enough there to warrant it.

With the SPARTANs, it would be purely cosmetics.

Lol there is no way we are changing anything for any unit. All units will have similar stats for gameplay purposes. But even then, I don't see why they would even deserve new mocap'd animations.

I agree with you, that is the ultimate reason we are debating including them or not.

That's what I meant for the Airborne, nothing too fancy like the ODSTs. They're essentially well-equipped Army troopers with parachutes.

As for the SPARTAN, I think the best way to go about it would be to allude to the program in the story (if you're developing one). If you actually do plan on implementing it in, I would say your best bet would be to include the Mark III variant. It was bulky and clumsy to use and was nothing like the later variants of the armor. It also required a nearby power source to maintain operational status.

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110703184514/halo/images/5/58/Mljinor_MK3.png

It would implement asymmetrical gameplay, but that also requires a lot of thought and balancing to make it work. According to the wiki, it had impractical use on the battlefield for the reasons mentioned above. So if it were to be implemented, it would probably make sense to make it pretty terrible and only useful for being a bullet sponge for a couple seconds before failure.

In the end it's not a super important addition as it adds to the lore more than the gameplay, and that's not the focus of the mod. It would be neat to see once everything for the main portion of the mod is done, but otherwise I think we can all agree we'd like to see the main portion finished first.

In regards to SPARTANs, I would agree with not adding them unless all they had was the armor that maybe helped against more gunshots. I would imagine it would be difficult to script anything else that a SPARTAN can do, and if it was would be difficult to use. I completely see why you guys are debating it. I see it as being cool because SPARTANs are a big part of Halo, but in a milsim environment and the Arma engine it just isn't that practical and pretty much just fluff.

That being said, I wouldn't mind if SPARTANs were added eventually. They are pretty cool in their own regard :P

In regards to SPARTANs, I would agree with not adding them unless all they had was the armor that maybe helped against more gunshots. I would imagine it would be difficult to script anything else that a SPARTAN can do, and if it was would be difficult to use. I completely see why you guys are debating it. I see it as being cool because SPARTANs are a big part of Halo, but in a milsim environment and the Arma engine it just isn't that practical and pretty much just fluff.

That being said, I wouldn't mind if SPARTANs were added eventually. They are pretty cool in their own regard :P

Luckily this is an environment with friendly debating and compromise. I really enjoy the community we have here.

I've been following this mod for a while, but I just decided to make an account and ask this.

Because ODST's are gonna be big in this, are you gonna include weapons Halo 3 ODST weapons such as the iconic "m7s caseless submachine gun"?

I've been following this mod for a while, but I just decided to make an account and ask this.

Because ODST's are gonna be big in this, are you gonna include weapons Halo 3 ODST weapons such as the iconic "m7s caseless submachine gun"?

Absolutely. If you look in the first post of this thread, you'll find a list of everything we plan to incorporate.

ok gents i been quiet for a while but i been working in the shadows a bit. latest accomplishment is shooting from the passenger slots on the hog ;) so that being said, will be a feature from the start

http://i.imgur.com/aAEjcxA.jpg

(sorry for HUGE image... triple monitor setup likes to take panorama shots XD)

EDIT:

another cock tease, added in slingload functionality. it will look different with the pelican, just know that it is implemented already.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/545261319434346796/F2CADA007BAC0E0D7E49CAFFB05E0857417413CF/

Edited by Thedog88

I just wanted to tell you guys that I Can Not Wait for this to be released, Ive been wanting to pilot a pelican with a full load of marines and a warthog as cargo right into battle for years!

here a few more shots showing off the rear passengers as well as the front passenger engaging in a close ambush, units are of course placeholders

http://i.imgur.com/txtkZLI.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/x9qks4u.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/k2ejzSV.jpg

Oh man, I can't wait to try this out. Have you considered releasing individual portions of the mod for testing to those of us on the forums? Like one week could focus on ironing out the Warthog, the next could be on a certain weapon, etc.

In short I'm super excited to play it and I'm looking for any excuse I can get to try it.

well ultimately thats what the alpha is for :P and i believe we are wanting to keep everything in house until then to be sure you guys get a decent size package rather than bits and pieces of half finished content. trust me, the wait will be worth it

Oh man, I can't wait to try this out. Have you considered releasing individual portions of the mod for testing to those of us on the forums? Like one week could focus on ironing out the Warthog, the next could be on a certain weapon, etc.

In short I'm super excited to play it and I'm looking for any excuse I can get to try it.

I know it is a hard wait, but just a little longer. :)

So after the new update I decided to give the new flight models for helicopters a go with my joystick, and I am finding it a lot of fun flying around. Are you guys planning to incorporate the advanced flight model for the Pelican and/or other aerial vehicles that use a helicopter flight model?

I know it is a hard wait, but just a little longer. :)

It's funny that I'm way more excited for this mod than some of the AAA titles coming in the next couple weeks.

Also, can we marvel at how awesome this new trailer is?

I'm hoping that you guys have some people on your dev team that can make some cool teasers for your mod.

oh we have something in the works in regards to trailers/ teasers xD soon soon

Haven't had much time this week to put in work but i managed to get the UNSC Army unit in the game.

http://i.imgur.com/q0oFoBQ.jpg (276 kB)

http://i.imgur.com/ydTU3NB.jpg (156 kB)

http://i.imgur.com/vFHWkQq.jpg (208 kB)

http://i.imgur.com/R2bW5PL.jpg (203 kB)

Duuude! Bad-ass!! Now the fun part (/s)! Rvmats and shadow LODs!

Edited by Stirls

Just a question for textures.

They will be adapted according to the chosen level of texture ?

Because I find that a little bit fuzzy compared with the magnificent textures that you showed us before.

In any case it is the great work! Can't wait the Pelican!